[MtG] Splicer & Golems thingy!

Spoon

[url="http://magiccards.info/query?q=Llanowar+Elves&v=card&s=cname"]4x Llenowar Elves[/url]
[url="http://magiccards.info/query?q=Squadron+Hawk&v=card&s=cname"]4x Squadron Hawk[/url]
[url="http://magiccards.info/nph/en/16.html"]4x Master Splicer[/url]
[url="http://magiccards.info/query?q=Suture+Priest&v=card&s=cname"]2x Suture Priest[/url]
[url="http://magiccards.info/query?q=Copper+Myr&v=card&s=cname"]3x Copper Myr[/url]
[url="http://magiccards.info/query?q=Gold+Myr&v=card&s=cname"]3x Gold Myr[/url]
[url="http://magiccards.info/nph/en/4.html"]2x Blade Splicer[/url]
[url="http://magiccards.info/nph/en/126.html"]2x Vital Splicer[/url]
[url="http://magiccards.info/query?q=Precursor+Golem&v=card&s=cname"]2x Precursor Golem[/url]

[url="http://magiccards.info/query?q=Mycosynth+Wellspring&v=card&s=cname"]4x Mycosynth Wellspring[/url]
[url="http://magiccards.info/query?q=Rusted+Relic&v=card&s=cname"]2x Rusted Relic[/url]
[url="http://magiccards.info/query?q=Sphere+of+the+Suns&v=card&s=cname"]2x Sphere of the Suns[/url]
[url="http://magiccards.info/cmd/en/148.html"]2x Cultivate[/url]

10x Forest
10x Plains
[url="http://magiccards.info/query?q=!Dread%20Statuary"]4x Dread Statuary[/url]

[quote name='The supremacy SUN' timestamp='1308345181' post='5290866']
First of all, what format do you want to play in? Standard?[/quote]
Work with that assumption, though I'm not 100% sure :lol:

Well, most of the deck is standard, so yeah. Anyways, Standard is the most common format. So, for first, IMO, you should restrict yourself to cards from the set Scars of Mirrodin onwards, because everything else rotates in October, and IMO, there's no point in learning about the card you most probably won't see/use. Are we going with that assumption?

[quote name='The supremacy SUN' timestamp='1308346241' post='5290905']
Well, most of the deck is standard, so yeah. Anyways, Standard is the most common format. So, for first, IMO, you should restrict yourself to cards from the set Scars of Mirrodin onwards, because everything else rotates in October, and IMO, there's no point in learning about the card you most probably won't see/use. Are we going with that assumption?[/quote]
Yes, that sounds good :)

Ok, so first of all, drop these:

-Mighty Leap
-Giant Growth
-Cultivate
-Garruk's Packleader

because they rotate out. Also, drop all Myrs, because they pretty much fit only in their own deck. Max out Precursor Golem and Blade Splicer. Prototype Portal can be very nice in here.

[quote name='The supremacy SUN' timestamp='1308346701' post='5290920']
Ok, so first of all, drop these:

-Mighty Leap
-Giant Growth
-Cultivate
-Garruk's Packleader

because they rotate out.[/quote]
Well, if they rotate out in Octobre, I guess I can still keep those if they're good for the deck (which, admittedly, I don't know for sure). I only don't want to pay for cards that will be outdated later, but if I already have them, I could also use them, at least for now. If there are better (and cheap) options for the cards, I'll of course switch them out.

[quote]Also, drop all Myrs, because they pretty much fit only in their own deck.[/quote]
So, from what I know (and from the few games I played with the deck), it takes quite a while to get enough Mana together for a decent move. If I now also remove the Myrs, I need at least 4 turns to get anything on the field... which sounds like a friggin long time if you ask me :unsure:

[quote]Max out Precursor Golem and Blade Splicer. Prototype Portal can be very nice in here.[/quote]
Blade Splicer and Precursor Golem are both Rares and thus will cost quite a bit... that alone will most likely burst my small wallet (I'm a poor university student) <_< And what exactly is the point of Prototype Portal... I barely run any Artifacts (aside from the Tokens, which obviously don't count).

[quote name='Spoon' timestamp='1308347208' post='5290936']
Well, if they rotate out in Octobre, I guess I can still keep those if they're good for the deck (which, admittedly, I don't know for sure). I only don't want to pay for cards that will be outdated later, but if I already have them, I could also use them, at least for now. If there are better (and cheap) options for the cards, I'll of course switch them out.
[/quote]
Well, I dunno, as far as I see, they're just simple buffers, and having lots of weaker creatures is sorta better than having 1-2 stronger ones
So, from what I know (and from the few games I played with the deck), it takes quite a while to get enough Mana together for a decent move. If I now also remove the Myrs, I need at least 4 turns to get anything on the field... which sounds like a friggin long time if you ask me :unsure:
[/quote]
That's why you should play some stuff that you can drop early for 1-2 mana, but honestly, I don't know what can that be in Golems
Blade Splicer and Precursor Golem are both Rares and thus will cost quite a bit... that alone will most likely burst my small wallet (I'm a poor university student) <_<
[/quote]
Blade is 2$, Golem is $1

[quote name='The supremacy SUN' timestamp='1308347408' post='5290942']
Well, I dunno, as far as I see, they're just simple buffers, and having lots of weaker creatures is sorta better than having 1-2 stronger ones[/quote]
I can see that with Mighty Leap and Giant Growth, they're really just fillers, but Cultivate should (based on my limited knowledge) really speed the deck up, and the Packleader draws like crazy with all the Golems running around... it's also the only source of drawing stuff in the deck.
[quote]That's why you should play some stuff that you can drop early for 1-2 mana, but honestly, I don't know what can that be in Golems[/quote]
:(
[quote]Blade is 2$, Golem is $1[/quote]
Well, both [i]are[/i] damn good for the deck... I'll try to squeeze a playset (the remaining 3) of each out of my wallet.

Edit: What about those "Double Lands" (you know, those which can give you either Mana color)... are they any good?

[quote name='Spoon' timestamp='1308347801' post='5290950']
I can see that with Mighty Leap and Giant Growth, they're really just fillers, but Cultivate should (based on my limited knowledge) really speed the deck up, and the Packleader draws like crazy with all the Golems running around... it's also the only source of drawing stuff in the deck.
[/quote]
Well, if you don't take out the rotating stuff, then obviously keep Cultivate and Packleader.
:(
[/quote]
Yeah, sorry I can't help
Well, both [i]are[/i] damn good for the deck... I'll try to squeeze a playset (the remaining 3) of each out of my wallet.
[/quote]
You should
Edit: What about those "Double Lands" (you know, those which can give you either Mana color)... are they any good?
[/quote]
God damn good, but expensive as hell. Not worth the money for the end of the format. You could get a playset of Terramorphic Expanse though, adds constinency to multi-colored decks

[quote name='The supremacy SUN' timestamp='1308348026' post='5290954']
Yeah, sorry I can't help[/quote]
Not your fault, thanks for everything so far :D
[quote]God damn good, but expensive as hell. Not worth the money for the end of the format. You could get a playset of Terramorphic Expanse though, adds constinency to multi-colored decks[/quote]
Well, I only need 1 Mana of a certain color for any of the Creatures and Spells, so I don't think it adds that much to the deck... but I'll note it anyway and see how much that would cost me at my local game store.

[quote name='Spoon' timestamp='1308348402' post='5290967']
Well, I only need 1 Mana of a certain color for any of the Creatures and Spells, so I don't think it adds that much to the deck... but I'll note it anyway and see how much that would cost me at my local game store.
[/quote]
You have Green stuff in hand and only white mana. Wat now? Expanse basically substitutes itself for any color you need at the moment

[quote name='King of Nothing' timestamp='1308349033' post='5290986']
Giant Growth is definately getting a reprint this month, though. Or at least I hope so. I would replace it with a myr. This month the magic 2012 set comes out, buy lots of those packs. Core set cards usually rotate with the cycle =P
[/quote]

No it is not...It got a new replacement thought...but it is for 2 mana and pump by 4 instead of 3

About the Deck, Should end up Looking something like this(Made it as cheap as posible):

4 Master Splicer
4 Llanowar Elves
4 Viridian Emissary
3 Artisan Golem
2 Precursor Golem
1 Vital Splicer
1 Sensor Splicer
1 Blade Splicer

4 Rusted Relic
4 Mycosynth Wellspring

4 Dispatch
2 Beast Within
2 Cultivate

6 Plains
6 Forest
4 Terramorphic Expanse
4 Dread Sanctuary
4 Phyerixan Core

[quote name='The suppression PLUTO' timestamp='1308352169' post='5291121']
No it is not...It got a new replacement thought...but it is for 2 mana and pump by 4 instead of 3

About the Deck, Should end up Looking something like this(Made it as cheap as posible):[/quote]
I looked into it and took some notes. On Friday we're going to the local game store again, and I'll take a peek at some of my friends' trade binders to see if I can snatch some of those suggestions for free or for a drink :lol:

Until then, just shout out any card suggestions you might have for the deck, I'll make a list and see if I can get them cheaply ;)

[quote name='Spoon' timestamp='1308769744' post='5303303']
I looked into it and took some notes. On Friday we're going to the local game store again, and I'll take a peek at some of my friends' trade binders to see if I can snatch some of those suggestions for free or for a drink :lol:

Until then, just shout out any card suggestions you might have for the deck, I'll make a list and see if I can get them cheaply ;)
[/quote]

IF YOU CAN...Get you hands on some Tempered Steel...and something to avoid your smaller creatures to die fast

[quote name='The suppression PLUTO' timestamp='1308773835' post='5303473']
IF YOU CAN...Get you hands on some Tempered Steel...and something to avoid your smaller creatures to die fast[/quote]
Tempered Steel looks awesome (and expensive), but it's worth a shot. My main target for protection and early game control will most likely be Dispatch, as it looks like a really good and versatile card. Dread Statuary is also very high on the list... and a lot more :lol: As I said, just shout names, I'll list them and see if I can find them. Results and changes will then be posted friday evening or saturday moring.

Edit: Apostle's Blessing, good or bad?

[quote name='Spoon' timestamp='1308774275' post='5303494']
Tempered Steel looks awesome (and expensive), but it's worth a shot. My main target for protection and early game control will most likely be Dispatch, as it looks like a really good and versatile card. Dread Statuary is also very high on the list... and a lot more :lol: As I said, just shout names, I'll list them and see if I can find them. Results and changes will then be posted friday evening or saturday moring.

Edit: Apostle's Blessing, good or bad?
[/quote]

I was more concearning on something like effect damage killing all your splicers...will research if standard has some long term antiburn cards

Alright... where do I begin? I could grasp some cards, in fact so many that I now don't know where to begin.
Highlights being the 1 Blade Splicer and Precursor Golem (For free! Hail friendship!), the rest could be called decent, but I don't really know :unsure:

So... here's everything I currently have, if some of you may take the time to stomp it down to 60, that would be pretty awesome and rewarded with a Rep :) Also, further card suggestions are of course always welcome.

Creatures:
4x Master Splicer
2x Blade Splicer
2x Sensor Splicer
2x Maul Splicer
2x Vital Splicer

4x Llenowar Elves
4x Squadron Hawk
2x Suture Priest
1x Viridian Emissary
1x Garruk's Packleader
1x Brutalizer Exarch

Artifacts:
4x Wall of Tanglecord
3x Copper Myr
3x Gold Myr
2x Palladium Myr
2x Precursor Golem
1x Golem Artisan
1x Alloy Myr

4x Mycosynth Wellspring
2x Rusted Relic
2x Sphere of the Suns
1x Conversion Chamber

Other Spells:
3x Apostle's Blessing
3x War Report
2x Glissa's Scorn
2x Cultivate
2x Forced Worship
1x Dispatch
1x Giant Growth
1x Mighty Leap

Lands:
4x Dread Statuary
12x Forest
12x Plains

Edit: Edited start post, links to the cards can be found there.

[quote name='Spoon' timestamp='1308949198' post='5307952']
Alright... where do I begin? I could grasp some cards, in fact so many that I now don't know where to begin.
Highlights being the 1 Blade Splicer and Precursor Golem (For free! Hail friendship!), the rest could be called decent, but I don't really know :unsure:

So... here's everything I currently have, if some of you may take the time to stomp it down to 60, that would be pretty awesome and rewarded with a Rep :) Also, further card suggestions are of course always welcome.

Creatures:
4x Llanowar Elves
4x Squadron Hawk
4x Master Splicer
2x Suture Priest
3x Copper Myr
3x Gold Myr
2x Blade Splicer
2x Vital Splicer
2x Precursor Golem

4x Mycosynth Wellspring
2x Rusted Relic
2x Sphere of the Suns
2x Cultivate

10x Forest
10x Plains
4x Dread Statuary
[/quote]

Till you can get your hand on more copies of other decent cards

Wait..Giant Growth's getting kicked? I thought they were just printing two similar cards.

Why would they get rid of Giant Growth? I loved that card...dammit, now green sucks. Not really, but, as a green player I am willing to say that green is the weakest color in 2012. Other than Hexproof it doesnt have anything going for it. Sure there are a couple of good fatties in it, but...

Either way, Magic needs to give green some love like they did in 2011

[quote name='King of Nothing' timestamp='1308990425' post='5309236']
Wait..Giant Growth's getting kicked? I thought they were just printing two similar cards.

Why would they get rid of Giant Growth? I loved that card...dammit, now green sucks. Not really, but, as a green player I am willing to say that green is the weakest color in 2012. Other than Hexproof it doesnt have anything going for it. Sure there are a couple of good fatties in it, but...

Either way, Magic needs to give green some love like they did in 2011
[/quote]

They are geting Dungrove's elder, elves are still in there, Primeval Titans is still there, Overrun is back, hexproof, I see thwy are trying to give them draw power =O, and a New Garruk so yeah

Sorry for the delayed answer, I wanted to test the build first, but couldn't due to preperation for examns... won't play much card games in the next few weeks <_<

Anyway, I still have some questions about it: So many Myrs? They seem kinda obsolete with the alternatives floating around. Also: What does Suture Priest do for the deck? And 24 Lands? I can't imagine that the ratio works, I tested some starting hands with 20 Lands (the only thing I can do at the moment), and it worked out pretty good. I'd also rather run at least a bare minimum of protection, like Apostle's Blessing or Dispatch, especially the first one could help Precursor Golem quite a bit, and it costs almost nothing (Mana-wise).
No Packleader, no Artisan? I... don't really get it. Would be nice if ou could enlighten me about some of those choices :)

[quote name='Spoon' timestamp='1309332833' post='5319061']
Sorry for the delayed answer, I wanted to test the build first, but couldn't due to preperation for examns... won't play much card games in the next few weeks <_<

Anyway, I still have some questions about it: So many Myrs? They seem kinda obsolete with the alternatives floating around. Also: What does Suture Priest do for the deck? And 24 Lands? I can't imagine that the ratio works, I tested some starting hands with 20 Lands (the only thing I can do at the moment), and it worked out pretty good. I'd also rather run at least a bare minimum of protection, like Apostle's Blessing or Dispatch, especially the first one could help Precursor Golem quite a bit, and it costs almost nothing (Mana-wise).
No Packleader, no Artisan? I... don't really get it. Would be nice if ou could enlighten me about some of those choices :)
[/quote]

Did what I could with what you have avoiding the 1 ofs tha rest the deck consistency till you get to fin the correct number of copies...XD

[quote name='The suppression PLUTO' timestamp='1309358172' post='5319466']
Did what I could with what you have avoiding the 1 ofs tha rest the deck consistency till you get to fin the correct number of copies...XD
[/quote]
But isn't running 1 copy of a good card better than running 0 of it? Just because Monster Reborn can only be run at 1 doesn't mean nobody plays it *applies logic here*

Still, thanks, I'll orientate me on that build and see if I can get my hands on some more copies of the good cards :lol:

Archived