The Newest BS Law The American Government Wants To Pass.

OmegaWave

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[quote name='ragnarok1945' timestamp='1321493691' post='5647568']
this is why a lot of people argue the US government is not really a democracy
[/quote]

No it is not. This is not a democracy, this is a republic. In a democracy, people actually vote for who goes into office, in a republic, we vote for people to make our choices for us, which is why we're in the sorry state we're in. I think it would take nothing short of an armed uprising for the government to temporarily give a f*** and try to fix what it has done by putting down the rebellion, which some people will no doubt support, and then a short time after that, there will be a full blown revolution. At least that's my prediction.

Kind of a random site, but here.

[url="http://www.asiantribune.com/news/2011/11/16/us-contemplates-unprecedented-internet-censorship-bill-proposes-web-site-closure"]http://www.asiantrib...eb-site-closure[/url]

And on the topic of rebellion, hell I'm all for it. (I won't be joining in though. =P)

Pft. This bill is hilarious.

People tend to forget that America, you know,[i] doesn't own the internet[/i]. Enforcing this law is going to be impossible, if it even passes the court systems as constitutional.
There will be two, maybe three things happening when/if this bill passes.

1) Now some videos pulled on Youtube/Dailymotion will say "American Government" instead of "Company X LTD" on occasion.
2) A couple website hosting services will go to Canada instead of the states.
3) One single mother out of a thousand will be charged a ridiculous sum of money because of this and the media will make an example of her, followed by politicians rapidly backpedaling in order to avoid any sort of blame.

[quote name='Hydra of Thunder' timestamp='1321496826' post='5647730']
Pft. This bill is hilarious.

People tend to forget that America, you know,[i] doesn't own the internet[/i]. Enforcing this law is going to be impossible, if it even passes the court systems as constitutional.
There will be two, maybe three things happening when/if this bill passes.

1) Now some videos pulled on Youtube/Dailymotion will say "American Government" instead of "Company X LTD" on occasion.
2) A couple website hosting services will go to Canada instead of the states.
3) One single mother out of a thousand will be charged a ridiculous sum of money because of this and the media will make an example of her, followed by politicians rapidly backpedaling in order to avoid any sort of blame.
[/quote]
The American Government can take down any website hosted in America, block American users from accessing any website in the world, and to be honest, a lot of people treat you like a criminal if you're charged with something like that and don't care.

[quote name='ragnarok1945' timestamp='1321500546' post='5647903']
yeah well short of inheriting it from your family generation it's not exactly easy to reach CEO

if this law goes it'll just make everything even more of a nightmare
[/quote]

Exactly. But hey, at least they won't censor out video games.

However, the internet is the heart of our lives, basically. Without it, everything starts to blur.

[quote name='ragnarok1945' timestamp='1321500796' post='5647917']
yeah I'd rather lose the video games altogether than the internet

you take that away we might as well go back 50 years in time
[/quote]

50? But then you'd miss where music revolutionized. I'd say 30 at most. =3

Archived