Yu-gi-oh! Zexal: Counting to Infinity [IC Thread]

Admiral_Stalfos19

[img]http://i54.tinypic.com/1266adu.jpg[/img]

[color=#ff8c00]"Wait... [i]this[/i] [/color][color=#FF8C00]isn't my room..."[/color]

[color=#000000]Maverick Iwanage slowly stirred, only to wake up on a hospital bed. He couldn't remember much, but he certainly remembered one thing; he wasn't at home. Neither was he at James Numero's house, nor that of Neo Hikari. But... why the hospital of all places? Did Maverick do something stupid again, like bust his arm sliding off his Duel Runner? That's when he got up and looked at himself in the mirror, only to notice the burns on his chest and legs, and the really [i]bad[/i] [/color][color=#000000]one on his arm.[/color]

[color=#ff8c00]"...the hell?"[/color][color=#000000] Maverick asked in confusion as he examined his burns. He couldn't remember what had caused them, and there didn't seem to be anyone there to remind him. But other than that, he seemed... fine. Maverick [i]certainly[/i] would've known if he cracked a bone anywhere on his skeleton. Still, he figured he should at least wait for a doctor to check up on him, just in case.[/color]

[color=#000000]That's when he flipped on the TV, hearing the broadcast of his duel with James and Salaginto on the news. Maverick hadn't even realized that a news crew was there [i]to[/i] film the duel, but as he watched on, he [i]slowly[/i] regained a [i]little[/i] memory of the duel... but only the last few turns. Maverick was shocked, but not just because of how badly they were doing...[/color]

[color=#ff8c00]"JAMES!!"[/color] [color=#000000]Maverick shouted in panic. He quickly got changed before he could bolt out the door and find him.[/color]

[color=#000000]...[/color]

[color=#000000]Meanwhile, in a dark room, Salaginto rested his helmet on a nearby table and took a seat, contemplating on his duel against the two humans. He had won with relative ease, but at the same time, it felt meaningless. Just as his duel against Astral when he led the assault on the Astral World, before the Xyz Monsters were transported to Earth in the first place. Even worse, his legacy against the Xyz may very [i]well[/i] have been comprised, and all because a news crew was lucky enough to be at the right place at the right time.[/color]

[color=#000000]Stealth was no longer an option any more. The humans were [i]already[/i] fully aware of the Emperors' presence on this planet, but now was the time for a completely [i]different[/i] plan of attack. But first, Salaginto had to round up his two comrades.[/color]

[color=#800000][i]'Sephora! Spectral! We must gather at once!'[/i][/color][color=#000000] the telekinetic message was relayed. All Salaginto needed to do now was wait.[/color]

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sephora was just walking the New Domino City streets being a nonchalant Meklord User when Salaginto's voice rang through her head, and seeing as he was shouting it left her with a slight headache. [color=#800080]This better be pretty damn important to have to bother a goddess like me. Now were is he, he isn't even courteous enough to give me directions.[/color] Though really this was unnecessary as she could easily follow the psychic link of the telepathic "call". [color=#800080]That's to bad Sunnel seems to be sensing a Number close by as well anyway I don't actually care about that all I want to do is get of this disgraceful species called humanity.[/color] Sephora continued to follow the link until she came to a building, and let herself in kept walking until she came to a dark room were Salaginto was sitting in a chair.[color="#800080"] You called Salaginto [/color]Sephora said taking a seat, [color=#800080]so what was so urgent that it needs to be addressed [i]right now. [/i][/color]She exaggerated the right now as if it were a serious inconvience, but in all actuality she really had nothing to do.

Across in a park near where Sephora had been walking, James was smiling as he dueled an opponent.
James
LP: 1400
Hand: 2
Field: 1 Set Card

Opponent
LP: 4000
Hand: 3
Field: Adreus, Keeper of Armageddon (2600 ATK, One Overlay Unit)

"Using Adreus's effect to destroy my number was a smart move, but you didn't really manage to finish me off, and with my current setup, it's all over for you now, Draw. Trap card activate, Xyz Reborn, return my mighty number." From within the ground, a black puppet with a hole in the chest returned, the shining emblem from the trap card turning into a golden overlay unit that started to orbit the puppet. On James' hand, the number 15 appeared, and his smile grew larger. "Now, Number 15: Gimmick Puppet - Giant Killer's effect, up to twice per turn I can detatch an overlay unit from him to destroy one special summoned monster on the field, and deal damage equal to that monster's attack to you as long as that monster was an Xyz monster. And then, with nothing in the way, Number 15 will attack directly." The puppet snatched the golden sphere out of the air, absorbing it into its body before chains came out of the hole in its chest, wrapping around the winged fiend and dragging it into the hole. With a crunching noise, the sword the fiend had been holding shot out from the hole and sliced through his opponent's chest, cutting the lifepoints of his opponent down by 2600. The puppet then released more chains, which flew directly out to hit his opponent, cutting deeply into the skin as his opponent's life dropped to 0. James walked across as the cards vanished, before grabbing the other person's deck, and retrieving the defeated xyz monster from it. "As per the rules of this duel though, I'll be taking your most valued card, Adreus. Goodbye." With that, James turned and walked away from his opponent.

"We are now arriving in Neo Domino City." Said the on flight operator as the plane landed Bailas was simply at inner peace with himself using the plane to take a meditative nap. Funny uncomfortable sleeping on planes can be, but when one voids their mind of clutter and rampid thought any surface can be as comfortable as a hotel bed. Nevertheless his plane had landed and he was now in the land of murder over card games. He stepped off the plane last because he wasn't in any real rush to go anywhere and he already saw his internet yoga pen-pal Shadi waiting for him with a sign. That had his name on it. For his stay in Neo Domino city Bailas was going to stay at a small little apartment complex with a bunch of other practitioners of yoga. Luckily the community is very supportive of each other.

With his new friend Bailas made his way to baggage claim in a calm manner and while they simply chit chatted and exchanged pleasantries Bailas was noticed the TV. It was showing a broadcast of the Salaginto and James duel. Bailas and Shadi both looked at the onslaught of the Meklord and the fact that it was able to kill living beings though it should have been a virtual hologram. "And this is the enemy you're supposed to face?" Shadi asked showing his concern for his friends safety. "I would think so, though the news did not mention word of the two other participants. I would hope they are alright." Bailas replied blinking as this beast was instilling fear in him but he must remember his meditation and to not be so easily shaken. " Yeah you're right though the boys in the clip must still be alive. Probably hospitalized but still alive." "I gather that I should meet them there is always safety in numbers." "Well lets get you settled in first, everyone at the center is dying to meet you. And we've been looking for someone to lead Sunday's youth center."

Bailas chuckled as did Shadi. They both got Bailas' luggage from the baggage claim and they started making their way to the parking garage where Shadi would drive Bailas to his new home. While on the road Bailas was busy staring out the window wondering about his new adventure he was embarking on.

[color=darkblue]"Die! Pew! Die!"[/color]

The sound of a strange being's voice echoed throughout the arcade, his materialized ghostly presence having sent many of the nearby machines into a frenzy. The only one that hadn't been affected was a somewhat old first-person shooter. Of course, he wasn't stupid. He had shut down all the cameras before revealing himself, and had also taken the liberty of knocking everyone but those currently in possession of Xyz Monsters unconscious. And those in possession of the Xyz Monsters were now all dead, thanks to him.

After that massacre, he had changed his attention to the arcade game, and had been playing it since. It was pretty simple, just pull the trigger and kill all the enemies. There was this red bar at the bottom left that kept on decreasing, but he had no idea what it was supposed to mean. It said it was a health bar...oh well, who cares.

[color=darkblue]"Die die die die die-"[/color]

[color=#800000][i]'Sephora! Spectral! We must gather at once!'[/i][/color] Sal's voice telepathically called out.

At the same time as the sudden interruption, the red bar had fully depleted and suddenly the arcade screen had changed to read red letters spelling out 'GAME OVER' over a black background. So, the game was over now. What an amazingly unique ending!

That done, Spectral's body lifted up into the air. He looked like an alien ghost, with what his violet color and immaterial properties and all. He could guess where Sal might be, in that dark room place which may or may not be their hideout. Two crimson wings then sprouted out of his back as he left the arcade building, and he flew up high into the sky to locate the 'hideout' Sal was located in. Correction; he was not an alien ghost, but a demon.

Like some sort of rocket, he flew over the city of New Domino City - undetected, of course - and while flying over, he spotted Sephora also heading to the rendezvous spot. Hello there, he wanted to call out, but he would probably gain the attention of the whole city if he tried to get her hear him. So instead, he continued on until he had reached the building, letting Sephora go in first. Then his wings retracted and were absorbed back into his purple-yet-closer-to-blue enigmatic body.

Spectral was Spectral. It wasn't his real name, but it may as well be.

He flew into the building like a carefree fairy, did a little spin as he entered the dark room, and then finally took his own seat...setting his legs onto the table itself, and not letting gravity defeat him for a moment, as he levitated just a few centimeters above the chair.

[color=darkblue]"What seems to be the problem, Sal?"[/color] He asked Sal. That was his pet name for Salaginto, by the way, but he was obviously oblivious to the fact that it was a girl's name. [color=darkblue]"Lemme guess, the humans discovered us, so now we're finally gonna drop the card games and straight-out impale them?"[/color]

[color=#000080][i]It was here...[/i][/color]

Zack Holmes walked with his hands in his pocket, looking around the rubble of a fallen building, until he stopped right where the building collapsed.

[color=#000080][i]That duelist with Number 17...this was the place he lost his life. And the place where my destiny started...[/i][/color]

He sighed and knelt on the ground, putting his hand on the ground as he closed his eyes. The duelist, Neo Hikari, fought his last duel here against a Numbers Hunter. A great duel it was, at least from what Zack saw of it. After paying his respects, he stood up and pulled a card from the deck box on his side: Number 37 Flame Hero. Thoughts ran through his head, the same that ran through his head when he was chosen. Am I right for the job? Is this a mistake? Should a different duelist take my place?

[color=#000080]"No..." [/color]Zack finally said aloud. [color=#000080]"That duelist passed the torch to me and this Number card chose me for a reason. If I wasn't the right person for the job...they would've looked past me completely." [/color]He put Number 37 back in the deck box, as he smirked and ran off.

[color=#000080][i]This city will be free from those freak with those Emperors. Freedom will be achieved, no matter what!![/i][/color]

It had taken Nina Oscuri great effort to track down the Number Holder. The bald Egyptian man before her held "Number 44: Gravemaster" and by all accounts used a "Gravekeeper" Deck. Gravekeepers may be a powerful lockdown against Zombies, Dragons and Chaos but it held no power over Nina's Diabella Deck. Nina had found to the man in front of a Dueling store. She was causing a lot of commotion as she presented herself before the Egyptian, but she couldn't care less. She was confident as ever.

The Egyptian spoke. "You are a Number Hunter?" asked the man. "A puny girl like you? I cannot believe."[

Nina merely wrinkled her nose distastefully at him and his insult. [color=#800080]"Then, you know nothing, Egyptian. How trash like you got a Number is what I don't understand. I almost didn't believe my sources,"[/color] she insulted back. [color=#800080]"Enough. Stop wasting time. Hand over the card."[/color]

"I won't such a precious item to a little girl," snarled the Egyptian.

[color=#800080]"You dare waste my time?"[/color] Nina demanded. She laughed at him, it was a light laugh, but one cannot help but feel the confidence and malice behind it. The Egyptian defiantly glared back. [color=#800080]"Fine, fool. Let's duel and you will realize how stupid you are,"[/color] she declared. Nina held out her arm and her Duel Disk unfolded. She proceeded to take her Deck from her pouch on the side of her belt and insert it into the Duel Disk. She then drew five cards as the Egyptian followed suit.[color=#800080] "You may go first. Prepare to be crushed."[/color]

The Egyptian narrowed his eyes but did not complain. "Draw." He looked at his card and his eyes lit up. "I activate Necrovalley," cried the Egyptian. "Then, I Set 1 monster and activate Royal Tribute! Both players must discard all monsters in their hand!" Nina snarled. She dropped "Diabella Crow, the Harbinger", "Diabella Jewel, the Dragon Priestess" and "Diabella Lunia, the Magician" into her Graveyard. The Egyptian didn't have any monsters to discard. "Then I Set 2 cards and end my turn!"

[color=#800080]"You bastard. You will pay for that," [/color]stated Nina, it actually didn't seem to bother her at all. [color=#800080]"Draw." [/color]She nonchalantly placed the new card into her hand. [color=#800080]"I activate 'Diabella Jewel - Sybil's Eye' which banishes itself and allows me to add 1 'Diabella' card from my Deck to my hand. I add 'Diabella Lunia, the Magician'. Then I Normal Summon her and activate her effect. By banishing 1 'Diabella Jewel' from my hand, I can Special Summon 1 'Diabella' monster from my Deck.”[/color] The odd-looking girl Nina Normal Summoned raised her wand and a magic circle appeared beneath her feet. [color=#800080]“I banish 'Diabella Jewel - Morgana's Chain' and Special Summon 'Diabella Sybil, the Sage'.”[/color] Another weird looking girl appeared. She was holding some sort of encyclopedia. [color=#800080]“Sybil's effect activates and I add 1 'Diabella' card, 'Diabella Lunia, the Magician', to my hand. 'Morgana's Chain' allows me to banish 1 'Diabella Jewel' from my Deck, which I banish 'Diabella Jewel - Lunia's Treasure' and that allows me to Special Summon 1 'Diabella' monster from my Deck. I Special Summon 'Diabella Nessie, the Venturer'. Her effect activates and I can add 1 banished 'Diabella Jewel' card to my hand. I add 'Diabella Jewel - Lunia's Treasure'." [/color]The Egyptian was utterly bewildered. Nina saw his expression and smiled. [color=#800080]"Trash."[/color] But, there was something wrong with the Egyptian's expression. He still seemed confident. Nina would fix that, however.

[color=#800080]"I Overlay my three monsters to Xyz Summon 'Diabella Madame Red'," [/color]cried Nina. [color=#800080]“With Madame Red’s effect, by detaching 1 Xyz Material, I get to destroy 2 cards on the field. I destroy your face-down monster and that face-down Trap you have there.”[/color] A “Gravekeeper’s Spy” and a “Mirror Force” were destroyed. Nina smirked as her opponent’s confidence disappeared. [color=#800080]“I will now proceed to attack directly.”[/color] The Egyptian’s Life Points were reduced to 1500. [color=#800080]“You can draw now,”[/color] said Nina.

The Egyptian drew and dropped to his knees, the draw was not in his favor. “I... I forfeit.” Nina smirked.

[color=#800080]"[i]Coward[/i],”[/color] taunted Nina.[color=#800080] “I will be taking the card now.”[/color]

[color=#000000]If Maverick had paid any more attention to the bulletin, he would've realized that James was actually somewhere in the hospital, recovering from burns of his own. But no, Maverick's brain [i]insisted[/i] on telling him that James was still [i]out[/i] there somewhere; [i]where[/i] exactly he couldn't remember, what with this amnesia of last night's events. He was just about to run out of his room, but he had accidentally bumped into the female doctor that was to check up on him.[/color]

[color=#FF8C00]"Sorry..."[/color][color=#000000] Maverick quickly apologized, before returning his attention to James, [/color][color=#FF8C00]"Ugh... I need to find James,"[/color]

[color=#40E0D0]"James Numero? He's in another room,"[/color] [color=#000000]the doctor told him.[/color]

[color=#FF8C00]"He [i]is[/i]?"[/color][color=#000000] Maverick asked, with the doctor confirming this before he spoke further, [/color][color=#FF8C00]"Oh... well, can I see him?"[/color]

[color=#40E0D0]"Certainly. Follow me,"[/color] [color=#000000]the doctor instructed, before the two of them left to see James.[/color]

[color=#800000]"You [i]really[/i] need to stop [i]calling[/i] me that,"[/color][color=#000000] Salaginto growled at Spectral, before rising from his seat to speak to both the others, [/color][color=#800000]"Now... the reason why you're both here is so I can confirm that, yes, the humans [i]have[/i] discovered that we are a threat to this planet. However, that does [i]not[/i] mean to say that we've been compromised. We've already done extensive damage to this area in the name of destroying the Xyz Monsters, [i]long[/i] before the humans had came to this conclusion. However, [i]now's[/i][/color][color=#800000] the time to forgo stealth, and focus on purging this planet of Xyz Monsters as quickly as possible. Time is of the essence."[/color]

[color=#000000]He paused for dramatic effect, before thrusting an open hand all the way to the left, his cloak being tossed to the right in the process.[/color]

[color=#800000]"However!"[/color][color=#000000] he exclaimed, not quite finished with his speech, [/color][color=#800000]"There're a number of humans that you're to keep an eye on. They are consumed by greed and obsession, and unaware that they're making [i]our[/i] mission a whole lot easier. They [i]maybe[/i] called the Number Hunters... but it's about time [i]they[/i] become the hunted."[/color]

[color=#000000][i]Now[/i] [/color][color=#000000]finished with the speech, Salaginto turned to Sephora.[/color]

[color=#800000]"I assume you were just about to locate a Number before I called you over?"[/color][color=#000000] he asked her.[/color]

[color=#800080]Oh that's a great idea Spectral, the card games are becoming slightly tedious aren't they, so yeah I put my vote in for just straight impaling them. Wait a second the humans discovered us, oh come on Salaginto, to be honest I thought it would have been me who got us caught but whatever. Actually I was just about to take care of a Number when you called, but the Number was already in use so if you want me to even try to get it then I'm going to need quick transport. That means the guy with wings, they can fly pretty fast right, and you sure as hell better be able to carry me.[/color] Sephora spread her arms out so that Spectral would be able to grab her easily and began thinking how she would have so much fun killing the human with the Number,' [color=#800080][i]I wonder how I'll do it hmm.. that maybe or no this will be fun... [/i][/color]

Spectral shrugged, unaware that Salaginto's growl had been that of a threatening one.

[color=darkblue]"Fine, fine, Sal, I'll stop it."[/color] He said casually, and then blinked after his little speech. Within this one blink was contained a huge thought generated accidentally out of messed-up mind waves. [color=darkblue]"Why did we undergo stealth in the first place if it had to come to this? It's pretty stupid, I mean, trying to act 'secretly' while blatantly destroying stuff and affecting the weather with our very presence...this could've been over a long time ago if we just went straight head-on like we did in the Astral World. These human technologies don't compare to its at all, after all-"[/color]

Then Sephora spoke.

Spectral rolled his eyes, and floated up until he was standing on his own seat. Then two crimson Barian wings began to emerge from his back once more, spreading out. Normally, these were the wings of the enemies of all Astral-kind, but due to Spectral's unique hybrid nature, he also possessed these wings. He wasn't exactly a normal Astralkind like the other two.

Actually, all three of them were messed up in a way. Salaginto had been driven insane by seeing his vision thing, Sephora seems to have been born of perfectionist material, and Spectral's just the only one who's physically messed up as well, his mind working differently than others.

[color=darkblue]"Sure thing, Sephy~"[/color] He said to her, slightly bored but otherwise okay with it. Like Sal, she had also gotten a pet name. [color=darkblue]"Since we're going together, does that mean we'll double-team this Number guy? And oh yeah..."[/color] He turned back to Sal. [color=darkblue]"One question before heading off. When exactly does your vision tell you will the universe kaplode?"[/color]

Bailas had made it to his new home. And as he looked up at the bright clear sky he couldn't help but feel happy and at peace. Shadi and him carried Bailas' luggage and when Shadi opened the door to his new apartment there was already a surprise party welcoming him to the neighborhood. He instantly made new friends and comrades and everyone was looking rather jovial. Of course there was a moment where his new job would be explained to him but that doesn't seem to matter seeing as it was something he loved doing and with that his welcome was complete. Bailas was simply staring out the window of his new apartment while others were busy chatting it up and socializing when Shadi came over to inquire. "You want to go to the hospital don't you?" Shadi asked politely. "Why yes, not that I don't love this place and all my new friends but there are some things we should approach with a modicum of urgency." Bailas replied with a slight chuckle. Its not that he was happy in this somewhat dire situation but when you take step back from it all he had a very smooth transition into his new living space. There was some good coming out of this murderous rampage. As the room cleared Shadi and he made their way back to the hospital to find the two boys who a had survived that tragic ordeal.

"In other news, the pr-"

The small television screen winked off. Jane Spencer tossed down the remote control, sighed, and lifted her legs down from the desk the were leaning on. It seemed that whatever it was that was killing the Xyz users had been revealed, and not too far from her office. With two duelists and a camera crew, she figured this was the best chance she'd get to actually get a clear picture of the thing and what it actually did.

Standing, she pulled on an overcoat and headed for the door. At the threshold, she turned, checking the lights were all out, flipped a sign on the door, and locked the small property that was both her office and living accomodation.

Ten minutes later, she arrived at the site of the disaster. Considering several deaths had occured here, it was stangely deserted. Presumably fear of that machine thing was keeping people away, and with the survivors in hospital the press had better places to be.

She got two steps away from her bike before the duel overtook her senses. She stopped dead, fighting down the horror and panic which were flooding the area, and keeping her attention on the duel between the strange being and the two top-level duelists.

[color=#000000]Eventually, Maverick and the female doctor had reached James' room, where the former was shocked to see the fate of his friend. Unlike Maverick, who was fortunate enough to be forced [i]into[/i] the pool when Ingis exerted its infernal assault, James was blasted off to one side, before rolling over and inside. This in turn gave the flames more time to consume him, until every square inch of his skin had been recolored charcoal black. Now though, his whole body was encased in a cast.[/color]

[color=#ff8c00]"James..."[/color][color=#000000] Maverick murmured, before turning to the doctor, [/color][color=#ff8c00]"How long's he gonna [i]stay[/i] [/color][color=#FF8C00]like this?"[/color]

[color=#40E0D0]"It depends when the others have finished the [i]other[/i] ER duties,"[/color][color=#000000] she answered, while assessing James' vital signs, [/color][color=#40E0D0]"Hmm... right now, James should be fine, but we've yet to assess and repair any internal damage. From there... it's pretty much plastic surgery, I guess,"[/color]

[color=#ff8c00]"That's it?"[/color] [color=#000000]Maverick asked.[/color]

[color=#40e0d0]"[i]Well[/i], it's easier said than done,"[/color][color=#000000] the doctor stated, [/color][color="#40e0d0"]"But that's all there is [/color][i][color="#40e0d0"]to[/color] [/i][color=#40E0D0]it."[/color]

[color=#800000]"It would've been destroyed [i]yesterday[/i] had we not launched the assault on the Astral World,"[/color][color=#000000] Salaginto answered, [/color][color=#800000]"Now though, I estimate the demise of this universe to be 48 hours away. That may seem a while away yet, but we've had [i]enough[/i] delays for my liking. You two best get going."[/color]

[color=#000000]Assuming Spectral and Sephora were to obey, this would leave Salaginto alone again, to contemplate how his plan was going. He'd [i]have[/i] to admit that the stealth approach wasn't going to go far anyway. But he wasn't expecting it to stop being effective so abruptly. After all, even though the destruction of the Numero Industries building [i]certainly[/i] didn't go unnoticed, not even the best of forensic detectives could point the finger of blame on [i]anyone[/i]. Then there was the flooding of the Satellite District, which for the longest time was deemed impossible via any method not called mother nature; human or [i]otherwise[/i][/color][color=#000000]. [/color][color=#000000]Salaginto still drew to the same conclusion as the [/color][i]last[/i][color=#000000] time he thought his actions through, it was just the luck of a draw that the camera crew was at the right place, at the right time.[/color]

[color=#800000][i]'Curse those infernal machines,'[/i][/color][color=#000000] he thought to himself.[/color]

Bailas and Shadi had arrived at the hospital where they believed the two boys were being kept. Unfortunately outside of their names they knew nothing about them. Just based on pure looks you can tell that they aren't related to either of the two so Bailas and Shadi simply looked at each other and they both arrived at the same conclusions. "Waiting room?" they said simultaneously "Waiting room" they both replied with a nod. They both made their way to the hospital waiting room and when they found a couple of empty seats they started took a deep breath and went into meditative states. Even in their zen like trances they were still perfectly aware of their surroundings and it wouldn't be wise to try anything mischievous to them. Bailas meditated on his next course of action hopefully these boys are alive and well and will accept his assistance. Though therein lies the trouble with youth and traumatic experiences. A traumatic experience can forever shape one's life for the worse if they are not careful.

Both he and Shadi were gathering some attention in the waiting hall though mainly because they were the only two sitting in their seats with their legs crossed. A nurse trying to keep anyone from doing anything stupid simply walked over to the two relatively older gentlemen and while confused on what to do she just stared at them for a second. Logical seeing as there eyes were closed. "We're here looking for the two boys on the news." Shadi said as he could clearly tell what was going on. "I believe there names were James Numero and Maverick...Maverick...well I guess I'm getting old I only know one of the names." Bailas replied with a slight chuckle shared by Shadi at his own joke.

He didn't know why...why he decided to walk towards the hospital. But Zack didn't fight it...he just walked into the hospital, almost like he was lead by something...but by what, he didn't figure out.

[color=#0000CD][i]Why would I be here...? No one I know is here... [/i][/color]he thought, as he walked through the hospital doors. Then he stopped as he felt something burning on his arm. He moved away from the lobby, as he looked at arm and there it was: a bright burning 37. This surprised him...there was never a burning sensation when this symbol appeared before, but this time, it burned like a small flame.

[color=#0000CD][i]37...did you lead me here?[/i][/color] he thought, as he saw the symbol disappear as he walked around the hospital, until he saw someone who was known as Shadi and Bailas. He walked up behind him and heard him mention about James and Maverick. [color=#0000CD][i]Those names...they were on the news! I should talk to them about these Emperors...so I know what I'm up against. [/i][/color]Then Zack cleared his throat, trying to get the nurse's attention. [color=#0000CD]"I'm also here to visit James and Maverick..."[/color]

The chill of the water shot through her coat, and Jane snapped back into reality to find herself in the pool, having backed into it whilst following the actions of the duelists who had faced against that...[i]thing[/i] before. Reaching out for the side, she pulled herself up and lay for a moment, panting, face down beside it.

[i]Ignis. Just what kind of being makes something like that, and then turns it into a trading card? I suppose that was what took out Harold - since the other two weren't burnt up, that thing must have more skills - or there's more than one of them.[/i]

She placed her palms on the ground beside her and pushed herself up, water dripping from her coat and hair. She made a mental note to take her coat off next time she did something like that near water. It was problematic enough to be soaked, but at least having a dry coat could help keep her warm. She walked back towards her bike, planning to head home to change, when something lashed out within her mind. Jane was by no means unused to mental intrusion - the replaying of the past through her senses had been the single most defining factor in her life - but that didn't make the force any less unpleasant. She came to an abrupt stop, clutching at her head.

[i]The Number card? What does it want now? Get out! Huh...wha...fea-[/i]

She gasped, pushing down the unexpected terror, and the bile that rose up as a result. The number monster was afraid, afraid of that machine, perhaps more afraid even than the duelists and camera crew of the previous night. Number 36 had never shown anything even resembling an emotion before - in fact, it had always seemed more like some twisted parody of a living thing rather than anything that had a reason for being. Now, however, it was desperate to re-unite with other numbers, and quickly.

Jane swung her leg over the bike and kicked it into life. There was one place that came to mind the moment she tried to guess were others with these numbers might be.

The hospital.

Bailas and Shadi heard the voice of a young man mentioning the same names as they had. "Oh Shadi, I think someone is here to meet the same people we are here to meet." Bailas said with a slight inflection in his eyebrow even though him and Shadi were still meditating. "Well the boys do have family maybe its just a relative." Shadi replied most logically. It was then that Bailas nodded his head and was going to dismiss this person all together. In a seemingly omniscient way Shadi smirked in his meditative state as if he could tell that Bailas had nodded. It was then that the Number inside of Bailas pulsated and the number 56 glowed on his right hand. "Interesting" Bailas spoke aloud. Shadi not really knowing what was going on went a little deeper into his meditation until he sensed Bailas stopping. "Hmmm is this just a coincidence?" Shadi inquired. "There are no coincidences my dear Shadi only the illusion of coincidence." Both Bailas and Shadi laughed as Bailas was clearly quoting V for Vendetta. "Really you should stop watching that. Shadi said with a friendly chuckle. "Its such a good movie I can't help myself." Bailas replied.

When the two opened their eyes they bore witness to the crowd they created, but it did not seem to phase them. They looked around just to make sure they actually heard some new stranger and without a doubt they saw this Zack character. He was younger and of course that is what happens when the most popular game is a card game it is fair that most of its participants be younger. It was then that Shadi and Bailas made there way through the crowd and just examined the boy. "Well he seems nice." Shadi spoke "I sense no negative chi around him. So what is special about him?" "Well I think he has a special card that my special card seems to resonate with." Bailas answered.

Bailas then decided to engage this new boy at the hospital in conversation. "Hello there and who might you be? I am Bailas Gale and I think we share something in common." he gently stuck out his left hand and revealed the Number 56 was glowing on it.

At Spectral saying her pet name Sephora giggled, not that she could actually feel the emotion of amusement but like a robot could simulate emotions it saw Sephora could simulate emotions she had experienced before giving up her soul, though she wished Spectral would say her full name, it was so perfect, but it could not be helped now as she floated over to him so they could be off. [color=#800080]Sure thing Spectral we can take the Number Holder on in a tag duel, it will be much more fun, lets make a flashy show something with lots of death and destruction, and death. [/color]Placing herself in Spectral's arms Sephora waited for them to be off so that she could get her first Number card of the day, and maybe she could kill some unlucky spectators while she was at it.[color=#800080] Well bye-bye Salaginto, [/color]Sephora giggles, as she waits for Spectral to take off.

[i]"Hello there and who might you be? I am Bailas Gale and I think we share something in common."[/i]

Zack looked at the man who addressed himself as Bailas, then took a quick glance at the man's hand. "56"...a sign that he was a Number Holder. A small smile formed on his face, as he brought his hand to meet Bailas', shaking it. As it did, the "37" appeared once more on his arm.

[color=#0000CD]"I believe your right sir." [/color]Zack said with a nod. [color=#0000CD]"I am Zack Holmes...guess you could say I'm one of the newer holders..." [/color]After they shook hands, he sent his hand right into his pocket, looking around. [color=#0000CD]"I suppose we were all gathered here for a reason. Maybe its to meet each other...or maybe its to talk one on one with the two duelists from that news feed: James and Maverick."[/color]

"Holders? Is that what we are called?" Bailas inquired."Well i seem to have learned something new. Thank you for bestowing me with knowledge Mr. Holmes how interesting...Holders. What do you think Shadi its has a pretty youthful feel to it doesn't it?" He leaned over to Shadi, but then he realized he forgot to introduce Shadi to his new friend, "Where are my manners? This is Shadi Ishtar a friend of mine who has agreed to help me in my quest with the Xyz related murders." " How do you do?" Shadi asked politely. "I think holders sounds quite catchy though I don't really see how one could be a new or old holder isn't it just ownership of a card?" Both Bailas and Shadi shrugged they were so foreign to the concept of having numbers or popular dueling culture in general. But that was unimportant they weren't dueling right now anyway and they just made a new friend who seems to be somewhat insightful.

"As for the our reasons for being here I guess it would be logical to see two survivors of the massive string of murders that have plagued this town though I wonder why there aren't news people around. With this card game being such a staple in society I would guess that the mainstream media would be here" Shadi hypothesized. " Maybe they too have some respect for life. Albeit rare, but it could be that since they lost the lives of a couple of reporters maybe they wish to give the youngsters some space." Bailas replied he then looked over to Mr. Holmes. "Do you by chance know the two young duelist that we are here for?"

And with that, Spectral took off, with a light Sephora in his arms. Astralkind had always been lighter than most of the objects in this Human World, a strange difference in laws or adaption he'd rather not bothering learning about. Just a random thought of his. Within less than half a minute, they were already in the air above the city of New Domino, but of course not visible to anyone below. Two ghostly beings, undetectable by these alien technologies that Sephora probably despised as some sort of imperfection.

[color=darkblue]"Alrightio then, Sephy, lead us to the Numbers."[/color] He said to her. [color=darkblue]"It's kinda boring here up here in the sky."[/color]

[color=#FF8C00]"Am I free to go?"[/color] [color=#000000]Maverick asked.[/color]

[color=#40E0D0]"Not yet,"[/color][color=#000000] the doctor answered, [/color][color=#40E0D0]"I've still gotta see if that arm's..."[/color]

"Um... Dr. Tsuriche?"[color=#000000] one of the nurses called over an intercom, [/color]"I've got three guys here that're looking to see James and Maverick. Should I send them in."

[color=#000000]Dr. Tsuriche was, no doubt, surprised by the sudden intercom announcement. Nonetheless, she paused, only to walk over to the intercom.[/color]

[color=#40e0d0]"Are they relatives?"[/color] [color=#000000]Dr. Tsuriche asked.[/color]

"Well, I highly doubt the elderly gentlemen are, to be frank,"[color=#000000] the nurse stated, [/color]"But the last one [i]might[/i] be."

[color=#000000]It was [i]then[/i] that Dr. Tsuriche figured that the three of them saw the news and just wanted to see if the two were alright. Still she knew how these co-incidences worked; first someone completely [i]foreign[/i] to a person would request to see him or her, and then he or she would have the [i]press[/i] to deal with.[/color]

[color=#40e0d0]"Send 'em in... [i]all[/i] of them,"[/color] [color=#000000]Dr. Tsuriche instructed after a brief sigh.[/color]

[color=#000000]Meanwhile, in the outskirts of Satellite[/color]

[color=#800080]"Blue-Eyes White Dragon, wipe out the rest of his Life Points with White Lightning!"[/color][color=#000000] Aivea Kaiba commanded. As she did so, a gargantuan dragon opened its maw, with static electricity intensifying, until a beam of lightning blasted its way towards an opposing Number Hunter. The man soared into the air in a backwards direction in no small part to the cerebral shocks he suffered, sprawling across the hard asphalt as he was rendered [/color][i][color=#000000]barely[/color] [/i][color=#000000]to recover.[/color]

[color=#000000][b]Number Hunter's LP: 3000 --> 0[/b][/color]

"No way..."[color=#000000] the Number Hunter groaned, [/color]"How could I... lose to mostly vanilla...?"

[color=#800080]"You should've [i]thought[/i] about that before you even [i]challenged[/i] the likes of me, you pathetic dog!"[/color][color=#000000] Aivea spat, [/color][color=#800080]"Now [i]hand[/i] over your deck!"[/color]

[color=#000000]The Number Hunter weakly pulled his deck out of his Duel Disk, before extending his hand so Aivea could take it. And by 'take it', Aivea pried the deck from the man's cold hands, and scoured the whole thing, even the Extra Deck where the man's Numbers could be found, only to be disgusted via only seeing one card that could potentially be useful to her; Black Luster Soldier - Envoy of the Beginning. Aivea took said card, before hurling the rest at the Number Hunter's face.[/color]

[color=#800080]"No wonder you lost,"[/color][color=#000000] she stated coldly, before walking off into the distance.[/color]

[color=#800080]And we're off, [/color]Sephora commented as they flew through the sky,[color=#800080]it was in that park over there, [/color]Sephora pointed to a park to Spectral's right, and assuming Spectral toke them down Sephora would continue from there, [color=#800080]Sunnel sensed it from somewhere in this park, unfortunately it does not seem to be in use right now so Sunnel can't find it, but I have a more fun idea... [/color]a light glowed on Sephora's arm, which after it subsided would reveal the base of a duel disk holding her deck and Graveyard, then five smaller lights would appear circling around the disk until finally finishing in a perfect circle revealing five small Monster and Spell/Trap zone slots. Sephora reached into her deck and pulled out the first card, which, as always, was Sunnel whom she placed on the disk and a giant golden mech appeared towering over the humans in the park. [color=#800080]Now owner of the Number monster reveal yourself and face me and my colleage..., or watch as your people are destroyed! [/color]Whether the the Number Holder showed himself or not it didn't matter to Sephora she would take delight in killing any number of humans.

It was with slight reluctance that a nurse came to tell the new group of friends that they were allowed to go visit the boys. "Oh already, well that was surprisingly efficient and to think you were just getting acquainted." Shadi spoke in a somewhat disappointed tone. "Well we can always walk and talk" Bailas replied. It wasn't long till Bailas and Shadi were following the nurse down the a litany of hallways, doors, and signs. Bailas was pretty impressed at the pristine nature of this government facility. Of course Shadi being a native to this area was not as awe stricken as his friend. So many questions to ask and so much concern for the we being of possible victims. Bailas was slowly meditating on it all. Most of all he felt a little sorry for the two boys who he was here to visit. They had endured so much and here was Bailas just about to add to the pressures. Hopefully he can be of some assistance in some way or another.

While they were walking Shadi and Bailas were happy to see plenty of windows and fresh ventilation and one of the windows overlooked the park. While walking Bailas and Shadi both stopped in their tracks and they looked outside the window and just blinked for a couple of seconds. Their heads tilted slightly as what they saw was somewhat hard to make out but it looked to be a giant machine of some kind. "Now what do you think that is?" Bailas inquired. "Couldn't tell you." Shadi replied rather quickly. They continued their march to the boys room and simply hoped for the best. While they could chase after that new lead they were both old enough to believe that a bird in hand is worth two in the bush.

James was sitting in a coffee shop opposite the park when the two spectral beings appeared, before one summoned what could only be described as a huge mechanical monstrosity of a humanoid machine. With an infinity symbol on it's chest, James instantly thought that it might be a similar thing to the one that had injured David Numero and Malverick Iwanage on the news. Sighing as he put down his coffee, he figured that they would most likely just try to kill everyone rather than leave if they couldn't find the number holder they were looking for, especially after that announcement, so he finished his coffee, and stood up, walking outside and back across to the park he had been in before. [color=#0000CD]"I suppose I'm the holder you're looking for, considering that I was the only person to summon a number in this park today. What do you want from me, and why is it you creatures seem so obsessed with killing off those of us who use xyz monsters. I mean, I kinda agree about your stance on the xyz monsters anyway, but do you really have to try and kill us all in the process, just to destroy them."[/color]

Archived