Yu-gi-oh! Zexal: Counting to Infinity [IC Thread]

Admiral_Stalfos19

Jane swung back as the second alein began to talk to her. Once again, she was on about how they were trying to stop a bigger threat - which seemed to suggest she too had no idea what her point was. She ignored her.

"Hell?" she muttered to herself, "Hell already came to me. Why would I need to go to it? Besides, Nell didn't even have a number, at least as far as either of us know. Team Arcadia moved in on you because you killed people." She clenched her fists. [i]Humans are the stupid ones? From those that didn't even try to eplain themselves and went straight for murder?[/i]

She suddenly remembered the man - James - in front of her. "Sorry, got distracted again. The name's Jane, and I also have a number. I didn't know there was an official title for those with them though. I fugured they were just a rare series of cards, but given the way those two care so much about them I suppose there probably is more to it than that."

She paused for a moment, "I was actually heading to the hopital to see the surv...iv...ors." As she looked up towards the hospital building, she finally noticed Ignis, having fired straight through the building. She suddenly sprinted off, heading towards the hosital. "Oh great, that one's back. I'm going to help," she called back, "you can come if you want, James."

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[color=#800000][i]'[b]Saved[/b]?'[/i][/color][color=#000000] Salaginto asked telepathically, before looking down and seeing the situation for himself, [/color][color=#800000][i]'Damn it, Spectral's down. Take him to what the humans call 'the docks', then. I'll meet you there once I killed these persons I've fought earlier... or levelled the structure they're escaping from, one or the other...'[/i][/color]

[color=#000000]Meanwhile, Ignis flew back up again. It couldn't find Balias, Shadi, James [i]or[/i] Dr. Tsuriche, but it [i]did[/i] catch a glimpse of Maverick and Zack still running down the long hallway. It flew up again, and fired a third laser just before they could turn another corner. Maverick cursed as he was forced to jump, and landed flat on his stomach, but he quickly got back up, and helped Zack to his feet as well assuming he needed it, before observing the destruction above.[/color]

[color=#ff8c00]"That mother of all di-...!"[/color][color=#000000] Maverick was about to say, before he looked down below, [/color][color=#ff8c00]"Oh, hey, a shortcut. GERANIMOOOOOOOO!!"[/color]

[color=#000000]Taking a well-calculated risk in thinking it would be better to plunge to one's death than to be incinerated by one of Ignis' beams, Maverick jumped down the hole in front of him, and landed on the piece of floor below that was still there thanks to the angle that the beam was shot at. From there, he kept running, smirking as he did so.[/color]

[i][color=#ff8c00]'Hahaaa, [b]thanks[/b], dumbass bot!'[/color][/i][color=#000000] thought Maverick. [/color]

[i][url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9dFf9g_miM]Assassin's Creed OST - Chase Theme[/url][/i]

Zack kept up with Maverick, as they found a short cut, keeping the pace up to escape Ignis. [color=#0000cd]"Did we lose that maniac robot yet?" [/color]he asked, still running right behind Maverick. However, he was still hoping that the others would safe and not be chased by Ignis. But something puzzled him more than ever. Why did Ignis just attack the hospital? Was it because Maverick awoke? Was it the Numbers Holders that had gathered? Or was it something....more?

[color=#0000cd]"The last time you saw that Machine...did it normally attack anything in its path...or was it more orchestrated than this?" [/color]he asked.

Sephora heard Salaginto's suggestion and since dumping Spectral into a river Sephora picked Spectral up, and sped for the docks with speed that the beings of Astral World were known for. Sephora assumed the docks the large area were the humans had a large amount of crates, and what they called boats there. Sephora only assumed this because there was water there otherwise she would've had no clue. Sephora moved to the edge of a large wooden platform, to which a boat was anchored, and laid Spectral in the water. Something told Sephora that Spectral would need more than just water to recover, and as if she had done this thousands of times before placed her hands on Spectral's shoulders, were they proceeded to light up as energy traveled from Sephora's body to Spectral's.

[color=#800080]I hope this works, [/color]Sephora muttered, and noticed for the first time that she had lost the hood that normally covered her head. This revealed Sephora's long hip length "hair", which was normally hidden underneath Sephora's hood. Sephora pulled the hood back up, and leaned on her hand unable to give her comrade any more energy and became drained herself[color=#800080],someone better pay for this, I refuse to be shown up by a few lowly humans.[/color] Though Sephora called them lowly, she was really starting to see them as a threat, [color=#800080]those two were no more than rats back into a corner. [/color]Though Sephora said these words to reassure herself she did not fully believe them.

[color=#ff8c00]"How the hell should [i]I[/i] know?!"[/color][color=#000000] Maverick asked, [/color][color=#ff8c00]"It's been a while since I [i]did[/i] see that thing[/color][color=#FF8C00]!"[/color]

[color=#000000]Regardless, Maverick and Zack still had a long run ahead. They'd yet to reach the end of the hallway, and by the time they did, Ignis had already dropped down to the ground, and shot one final blast in a sweeping motion. This left the two boys with only one option; open and jump [i]straight[/i] out the window that was there, and hope that out of a probable two-story drop, [i]something[/i] not named asphalt was able to break their fall. Luck was on their side at least... for the moment.[/color]

[color=#000000]A bus had travelled alongside the hospital, on the side opposite from where Ignis was attacking from. It took a lot of courage for the driver to still go [i]down[/i] this route... either that or a lack of awareness, since even though this was the route for his normal rounds, one would [i]think[/i] that he'd make a detour for such an occasion, or at least stopped short and checked that the hospital would be safe from the attack. Regardless, it wasn't until he saw the two boys start to jump that the bus driver realized what he got himself and his lone passenger into... although it could very [i]well[/i] have been too little too late for him to have reached this epiphany.[/color]

"You [i]might[/i] wanna hold on, back there,"[color=#000000] he informed the passenger, [/color]"I'm gonna speed this up a bit,"

[color=#000000]The bus driver's intent in this was two-fold. [/color][color=#000000]First and foremost was that he'd use the bus in an attempt to catch Maverick and Zack as they jumped away from the last beam, if he was able. But if that were to fail, the driver could still [i]use[/i] that increased speed to get himself and the passenger [i]out[/i] of the situation that he quite daftly waltzed into. However, as soon as he heard two thuds on the roof, the bus driver slowed right back down again, and pulled over at a safe distance.[/color]

"You two alright, up there?!" [color=#000000]he called to the two boys.[/color]

[color=#ff8c00]"Yeah, we're fine!"[/color][color=#000000] came a reply from Maverick, [/color][color=#ff8c00]"Beats nosediving into asphalt, [i]that[/i][i]'s[/i] [/color][color=#FF8C00]for sure,"[/color]

[color=#000000]Maverick was the first of the two to hop down from the bus, and dust himself off. As much as he owed a thanks to the bus driver, though, his attention turned back to the others, as he wondered if Balias was able to escape with James, as well as Shadi and Dr. Tsuriche. He had also wondered what caused the attack, and whether that Barian having shown up from [i]nowhere[/i] had anything to do with it. Perhaps not; if it were, then Ignis would've stuck sooner without much of a doubt.[/color]

Bailas and Shadi were on the opposite side of the hospital with some random stalker girl asking for his number card. Luckily since the giant mechanical monstrosity of death was no longer aiming for them and they were outside the hospital they could get a somewhat safe view of the action and what is taking place. Though they were far away Bailas and Shadi both witnessed the two boys doing some daredevil magic off the side of a building. "O..K" Both Bailas and Shadi said hoping these two were not going to die. Luckily they were saved by a renegade bus driver of all things. "Well...that happened" Shadi commented. "Hmmm I guess we should attempt to follow that bus then, right?" Bailas replied with a question. Shadi nodded in agreement. They and there party took a round about way to get to the hospital parking lot in hopes to avoid...well laser beam death. As they made their way to parking lot it was no doubt that the little girl of stalkerness was with them but the theory that all life is valuable and precious allowed her to come along. They found themselves in Shadi's car in a matter of time. They had James resting in the doctor's lap the whole time. As Shadi was speeding away from the hospital that's when they had the realization that they didn't know where exactly that bus was going or how they could theoretically contact young Maverick and Mr. Holmes. It was then that all eyes, except the ones driving, fell on the doctor.

[color=#0000CD]"I'll follow, but I'm not exactly in the best condition to run, go on ahead and see if you can find what's going on. I'll get there eventually, and meet up with you and whoever is being aimed at by the meklord when that happens."[/color] Leaving the girl to run off towards the hospital, James slowly walked forward, huffing a bit at the sudden onrush of physical activity he was having to do. Looking ahead, he smiled a bit, eager for a chance to hunt for some more Number monsters for himself, though unsure of how hard they would be to aquire from their current owners. If they were anything like the girl he had just told to go on, James expected to have more trouble hunting them then would otherwise have happened.

Foster watched as Maverick made his way on top of the bus, and then noticed a familiar sight speeding as fast as his six wheels and electric motor could carry him. Chuckling softly at Pip's attempt to rendezvous with him, he managed to open the middle door to the bus with his bare hands, then keep it open with a well-placed foot, much to the protest of the driver of the bus. Pip swerved and charged forward so Foster could reach down and pick him up. The military operative did so, swinging Pip around so his spherical head was facing outwards from a silver backpack-like device on Foster's back, which expanded out to become a cradle for the robot. Pip happily plugged himself into the ports of the cradle and the faint hum of his drives settled down, the recon drone now in a well-earned sleep mode. Foster poked his head out of the open door and called out to Maverick. [color=#808000]"Maverick Iwanage? I have some business with you and your partner. Should I come up, or would you like to come on down?"[/color]

[quote timestamp='1352790783' post='6068084']
[b][u]Admiral[/u][/b]
[color=#FF8C00]"How the hell should [i]I[/i] know?!"[/color][color=#000000] Maverick asked, [/color][color=#FF8C00]"It's been a while since I [i]did[/i] see that thing[/color][color=#FF8C00]!"[/color]

[color=#000000]Regardless, Maverick and Zack still had a long run ahead. They'd yet to reach the end of the hallway, and by the time they did, Ignis had already dropped down to the ground, and shot one final blast in a sweeping motion. This left the two boys with only one option; open and jump [i]straight[/i] out the window that was there, and hope that out of a probable two-story drop, [i]something[/i] not named asphalt was able to break their fall. Luck was on their side at least... for the moment.[/color]

[color=#000000]A bus had travelled alongside the hospital, on the side opposite from where Ignis was attacking from. It took a lot of courage for the driver to still go [i]down[/i] this route... either that or a lack of awareness, since even though this was the route for his normal rounds, one would [i]think[/i] that he'd make a detour for such an occasion, or at least stopped short and checked that the hospital would be safe from the attack. Regardless, it wasn't until he saw the two boys start to jump that the bus driver realized what he got himself and his lone passenger into... although it could very [i]well[/i] have been too little too late for him to have reached this epiphany.[/color]

"You [i]might[/i] wanna hold on, back there,"[color=#000000] he informed the passenger, [/color]"I'm gonna speed this up a bit,"

[color=#000000]The bus driver's intent in this was two-fold. [/color][color=#000000]First and foremost was that he'd use the bus in an attempt to catch Maverick and Zack as they jumped away from the last beam, if he was able. But if that were to fail, the driver could still [i]use[/i] that increased speed to get himself and the passenger [i]out[/i] of the situation that he quite daftly waltzed into. However, as soon as he heard two thuds on the roof, the bus driver slowed right back down again, and pulled over at a safe distance.[/color]

"You two alright, up there?!" [color=#000000]he called to the two boys.[/color]

[color=#FF8C00]"Yeah, we're fine!"[/color][color=#000000] came a reply from Maverick, [/color][color=#FF8C00]"Beats nosediving into asphalt, [i]that[/i][i]'s[/i] [/color][color=#FF8C00]for sure,"[/color]

[color=#000000]Maverick was the first of the two to hop down from the bus, and dust himself off. As much as he owed a thanks to the bus driver, though, his attention turned back to the others, as he wondered if Balias was able to escape with James, as well as Shadi and Dr. Tsuriche. He had also wondered what caused the attack, and whether that Barian having shown up from [i]nowhere[/i] had anything to do with it. Perhaps not; if it were, then Ignis would've stuck sooner without much of a doubt.[/color]

[b][u]Final Fan[/u][/b]
Foster watched as Maverick made his way on top of the bus, and then noticed a familiar sight speeding as fast as his six wheels and electric motor could carry him. Chuckling softly at Pip's attempt to rendezvous with him, he managed to open the middle door to the bus with his bare hands, then keep it open with a well-placed foot, much to the protest of the driver of the bus. Pip swerved and charged forward so Foster could reach down and pick him up. The military operative did so, swinging Pip around so his spherical head was facing outwards from a silver backpack-like device on Foster's back, which expanded out to become a cradle for the robot. Pip happily plugged himself into the ports of the cradle and the faint hum of his drives settled down, the recon drone now in a well-earned sleep mode. Foster poked his head out of the open door and called out to Maverick. [color=#808000]"Maverick Iwanage? I have some business with you and your partner. Should I come up, or would you like to come on down?"[/color]
[/quote]

Zack remained quiet, mainly cause he wasn't sure what was going to happen now. Though he thought now of any time would've been good...he needed to ask about that Duelist he met. [i][i][color=#0000CD]OK Zack...just ask him about it. [/color][/i][/i]he thought, as he was about to talk...however, he was interrupted.

[i][color=#808000]"Maverick Iwanage? I have some business with you and your partner. Should I come up, or would you like to come on down?"[/color][/i]

He hadn't even seen that person there when they boarded this bus...then again, they were running for their lives from Ignis. And that tends to take a better position than people on a freaking bus. [i][color=#0000CD]Business? What kind of business does someone like that have with Maverick...or me for a better question. [/color][/i]Zack thought, glancing over at Foster, seeming somewhat nervous about the situation these two had found themselves in.

Archived