Introduction to Yu-Gi-Oh! 2099

VampireofDarkness

TNmHpfT.png
Are you tired of the current official format? Are you looking for a chance to use your own custom cards in an organized play? Or you simply want to try out a completely new experience? Search no more, because Yu-Gi-Oh! 2099 is the answer for all of these questions.

Yu-Gi-Oh! 2099 was designed to be a completely new way to play our favourite game. We not only have a selection of cards from the original game that can be obtained, but you are also able to play with your own custom cards.

Here's how it works: Yu-Gi-Oh! 2099 uses a "league" system which allows players to start with one deck of their own choice. You are able to create your own archetype that you will be able to upgrade later and you can even get better and better cards as you progress forward. Also, the game offers a Shop System where you are able to buy not only booster packs, but singles of your choice. You are not only able to buy the cards for your deck choice, but also can obtain useful generic cards that can boost the power of your concept.

How to obtain these cards? The answer is simple: either play with other players, or attend events. In these events, you will be able to obtain exclusive cards that you may never find anywhere else, not even in the shop! These will be extraordinary, unique cards that will definitely worth attending and beating the event.

= The Beginning =

Yu-Gi-Oh! 2099 is all about customization. When you decide to join, you will get a template at the beginning. Or as I like to call it, a "guide". With using this guide, you will be able to create your very own deck that is customized to your own, and as soon as it is approved by the moderators, you will be able to start the game! Create your dream deck by using your favourite mechanism, type/attribute combination, and fabulous art fitting your imagination.

Also, you will be able to "level up" as you progress forward, just like in a role-playing game. Designing your deck doesn't stop by starting the game, as some of your best cards won't be available at the beginning, or they will be available in a limited quantity. Progress by winning events, and the more advanced you are, the more cards you will have access in your card pool. Also, you will be able to get more and more cards even outside of your own archetype.

= The League =

The format will use a League System. It means several different things that we will discuss in this section.

First of all, the game is based on different events that you may or may not participate in. There are two kind of these events: tournaments where you play against players, and boss battles where you are playing against the moderators of the game. In Tournaments, you are able to earn points that you can spend in the game's shop (we will talk about it later), while in Boss Battles, you are able to earn special cards by defeating a specific boss. These cards are exclusive to these events, so try to win these battles because they are not only great cards, but exclusive items that you won't be able to get after the event ends.

The tournaments will be held in a similar way original Yu-Gi-Oh! tournaments are held, except we will have our own set of cards and a different banlist. Also, keep it in mind that, while several TCG cards are and will be included in sets, not each cards are playable from the original game.

Boss Battles are specially announced battles where you are fighting against a thematic boss creature. If you are able to defeat the boss monster, you will be able to get its special and unique cards. However, these decks are designed specially for the event, and some of them will be expert decks that will give a hard fight even for the advanced challengers. The good news is, that they will be announced early, so you can prepare for them by building decks that are designed especially against these bosses.

= LEADERBOARD =

The format has also worked with Striker to incorporate YCM's own Leaderboard thread, also known as 1v1, that not only rewards the best, but the most active players. With that, even the players with less powerful cards, or players that are newcomers, but dedicated enough to participate in the subsection will be rewarded through Leaderboard handing out PP throughout its main events. Be a part of the community by voting in the polls or participate in the events themselves and place, and you will be rewarded by points that you can spend in the shop for new and better cards. Be an active member of YGO 2099, and we will reward you!

= The Shop =

Boss Battles are not the only source to get cards. You will be able to enter the shop by spending Portal Points (PP) that you earn in different events, like Tournaments, Leaderboard, submitting your own cards to the 2099 card pool, and 2099's own roleplaying adventure. You can decide to buy either singles, or buy booster packs (or boxes). Either way, you are able to increase your collection by generic cards, or by other cards from different archetypes. These cards will be indispensable to become the best player of the game.

Packs: 150PP
Templates/Archetypes: 1000PP
"Booster Boxes": 3000PP
Common Singles: 25PP
Rare Singles: 50PP
Super Rare Singles: 100PP
Ultra Rare Singles: 250PP
Secret Rare Singles: 500PP

= Yu-Gi-Oh! Card Makers =

Yu-Gi-Oh! Card Makers is a special format designed only for the community of YCM. We did our research what kind of decks & cards this community would like to play with or against, and we decided to include them as an exclusive content for the players of this format. If you want to use competitive cards from the original game, like Dante from Burning Abyss, or want to give a chance to the revamped LV2 Magician deck with cards like Apprentice Magician, give a chance to Yu-Gi-Oh! 2099. The format's already waiting for you!

[spoiler Leaders of 2099]
Visuals/Banners - Grezar, BatMed
Accountant - Self-Destruct Button
Judge - Darkness, Hunduel, Kano Entity Azathoth
Card Pool/TCG Import Sorting - Darkness, Hunduel, JustYui
Shop Manager - Sakura (packs), GarlandChaos (singles)
Event Manager - Toyo
Leaderboard Manager - Striker
Tournament Host/Manager - Striker
RP Manager - JustYui

Said it on Skype about a hundred times and will say here it here one time for good measure, this is legit af and I'd be more than happy to contribute to cardmaking for this whenever it kicks off and/or donate cards I've already made toward it.

Interest piqued. I hope it doesn't mean it starts in 2099 :P

At this rate, it ain't gon be that way dude! Thanks for your interest =D

Said it on Skype about a hundred times and will say here it here one time for good measure, this is legit af and I'd be more than happy to contribute to cardmaking for this whenever it kicks off and/or donate cards I've already made toward it.

Thanks a lot man! Much appreciated

I have cards ready to submit. :3

Looking forward to these and more than appreciative for you cooperating with me on this in terms of Leaderboard and all!

Noting Interest :D

Thanks man!

I'm super hyped for this, Dark, as you already know from a Skype Call.

Dis gon be gud.

You ain't even know! Thanks for your support!

why not add another tier of rarity for the pretty pretty fullarts me and giga makes? *wink wink*

This sounds legit af actually for boss battle cards. I will definitely take note of this.

anyway, interested noted. would have a lot of free time to help with the logistics and technicals once i'm done with exams next week.

That sounds great! I got the hell that is Thanksgiving week at my work, so that makes 2 of us. Looking forward to seeing your contributions though after seeing your most recent efforts and contributions

Been talking to you about it for a while seems like it will be amazing excited for when it starts.

Man, it has been a bit of time I have been working on this, glad for it to be in the public now and get this all going

Join the rooster . . . (too long to read, i'll read the rest other time)

Soo when this thing begins?

Thanks for the support! I'm not quite sure on a grand opening date yet, but I don't see it being too long away, especially with all this support

I am hyped as f for this, i have some cool cards i would like to use and this seems like a really interesting development.

Thanks a lot man! Really intrigued to see where this goes myself and looking forward to seeing everybody's contributions

I wanna play

And you shall sire!

So first off, I want to take this post to thank the people that are helping make this possible. I realized the opening post did not mention this and I dun goofed on such, so now I will take this time to thank Hunduel, Grezar, and BatMed for making this project possible. It is by their help, whether it's the visuals and banners developed by Grezar and BatMed, or the help with the ideas for the league and shop system with Hunduel, it's really great to see the vision we put together get the start it has. Second, I have got to thank you all, you all are wonderful and I appreciate the comments and supports. Cannot wait to see what you all have to contribute! The above mentioned people made this project possible, but the players of a game are what make it possibilities become reality, so I have to thank y'all on that part.

Now that I have resolved of my awe of you all, I realize there are some things to get done, and it seems like some of you are willing to help with those. Feel free to PM me on a case by case basis with these, and I also will be dropping by a list of some things I am looking to get help on and even just who is doing what so people know who is on top of what. I leave for work in about 50 minutes, but I will get back to everybody as soon as I can. Again, thanks for all your support and looking forward to seeing how this ends up =D

i have already approved this :3

Don't even need to say man, you made that banner ffs!

This sounds very interesting and I would like to participate.

Go on then!

Anywho, updated the OP with a few people who offered positions that I feel they can take on. Again, if your interested in helping with a certain position or 2, lemme know via PM!

Speaking of, when will we know the templates and such for creating cards? Also, can Judges play in the format as well or nah?

Yes, and Template is moreso a fancy term for acquiring/submitting an archetype. You acquire 1 at the start along with a 1000 PP (I'll be putting this in a separate post) and you work from there. Although submitting archs costs, submitting generic cards acquires you PP based on value and all. Again, I'll have a separate posts that covers this and other ways to acquire PP.

OP is updated. All jobs have been covered and now is down to testing the set of cards y'all will be starting with. PM if you are interested and from there, we can get things going. Looking to be concluded with this by next Monday or Tuesday (The 30th or the 1st respectively) and possibly by then we should be ready to launch

Can I play YGO2099 when it comes about please? I have lots of cards I would like to submit and this sounds really fun!

Everybody can join man, it's just a matter of doing so when the join thread is up. If you want to help get towards the goal of doing such, testing is in motion, which of would be appreciated to be assisted with

Very interested

Thank you for your interest

How's this coming along?

Sign ups should be ready by today or tomorrow, with the rest of it slowly following suit and official launch being Friday or Saturday. Want to thank Dova and Monkey for helping with testing to make this easier on myself and Hunduel to help with a few decisions here and there, both parties being MVPs over the past week.

Archived