[Finished]Yuuji's CC1: Create Your Own Boss/Ace Monster! [Finished]

Yuuji Kazami

Supreme Magician, Endymion Ultimo

Level 10

DARK

Spellcaster / Fusion / Effect

"Endymion, the Master Magician"+ 1 Synchro Spellcaster Monster

Once per turn, you can place 1 Spell Counter on each face-up card you can place a Spell Counter on, and if you do: This card gains 500 ATK for each Spell Counter placed by this effect. Once per turn, you can remove 6 Spell Counter from your side of the field: Destroy all monsters on the field, except this card. This card can not attack the turn you activate this effect. When a Spell Card is activated, this card gains 200 ATK and DEF until your next Standby Phase. During the End Phase, if you have not activated a Spell Card this turn: Destroy this card.

3000 / 3000

I might edit it a little later...

edited post with lore

Both are accepted. Reminder that edits are allowed until May 4th, 12:00 a.m. MDT.

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i'm in. and i already have the perfect card too.

[spoiler Here]DsnOOPq.png

Cannot be Special Summoned. Requires 4 Tributes to Normal Summon (cannot be Normal Set). This card's Normal Summon cannot be negated. When Normal Summoned, cards and effects cannot be activated. This card is unaffected by other card effects. This card gains 1000 ATK and DEF for each card in your Graveyard.

It's meant to be generic, however the best place for it would be a deck that likes the mill like 'Noids or SacThrashSworns; that said it is basically unsearchable and completely unsupported through existing archetypes (except LIghtsworns a bit).

Nice! gl!

Here you go!

[spoiler=Contest Entry] Nl0u49u.jpeg

The Phantom Knights Death Lord

Dark

Rank 5

Warrior/Effect

3 Level 5 monsters

You can also Xyz Summon this card by using a "The Phantom Knights" Xyz Monster you control. (Xyz Materials attached to that monster also become Xyz materials on this card.) When this card is Xyz Summoned: You can target 1 Level 4 or lower monster in your Graveyard; Special Summon it. You can detach 1 Xyz Material; During the End Phase, destroy all face-up non-Dark monsters. If this Xyz Summoned card is destroyed: Special Summon 1 monster attached to this card. You can only use each effect of "The Phantom Knights Death Lord" once per turn.

2400/1000

Here you go!

[spoiler=Contest Entry] Nl0u49u.jpeg

Okay, don't forget to copy and paste the typed up effects of the card underneath the post, as I  stated in the requirements. A typed up summary/write-up of the card is also recommended, although not mandatory.

It's just so I can get to know what you were thinking while making this card, as well as give it more of an accurate judgement when it's judging time. if you put what combos/support the card gives, etc.

Accepted.

So non-generic bosses for decktypes outside of Archetypes aren't allowed? Like, say, a type?

sheet Lel, so sorry for not paying attention. Didn't see it till now, and was confused by your last post.

It can be completely generic. Does not have to belong to an archetype.

Entries are all valid as long as it bears existing YGO card properties.

Submission:

[spoiler Card]aggh.jpg

[spoiler Card Text]

2 or more (max. 5) Level 4 Machine-Type monsters
Once per turn: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card, then target 1 card on the field; destroy it. This card gains effects based on the number of "Gadget" Xyz Materials attached to it. *1 or more: When this card attacks, your opponent cannot activate Spell/Trap Cards until the end of the Damage Step. *2 or more: If this card attacks a Defense Position monster, inflict piercing battle damage to your opponent. *3 or more: Once per turn, you can Normal Summon 1 "Gadget" monster in addition to your Normal Summon/Set this turn. (You can only gain this effect once per turn.) *4 or more: This card gains 800 ATK. *5: Once per turn: You can add 1 Level 4 "Gadget" monster from your Deck or Graveyard to your hand.

[spoiler Design Notes]

With knowledge of the new Gadget cards, Gold and Silver, why not give the Gadgets a new boss monster that is like AGGD Mk. 2?

Introducing AG Gadjiltron Hydra, the all-new Gadget sink that doesn't even consume your Normal Summon! It doesn't specify needing to use Gadgets to Summon it, but with all those shiny point effects you might as well dump as many into it as you can. At its base it offers great removal that complemented the control float strat, with the added bonus of being able to consistently snipe backrow, something that most generic R4s lack. Keep a Gadget in it, and it gains the Ancient Gear self-defense ability. 2, and it tramples like Golem.

3 is where it starts to shine a little. It takes a little effort to put down 3 Gadgets at a go (usually you'd field 2 at once unless it's the gold-standard Gold-Silver-Gadget combo, but that burns your hand advantage) but when that happens it starts granting nice extra Normal Summons to make further plays easier! Once it hits 4, I feel an effective 3300 ATK Ancient Gear Golem should be worth 4 mats in addition to all the other stuff above. Dump 5 Gadgets into Hydra and, well, you've certainly earned the ability to tutor more Gadgets to NS each turn.

inb4 Konami actually introduces another Gadget boss akin to this one.

There we go. Accepted?

Okay.

count me in pls (if there's space for me . . .)

Who are you again? ;)

Of course there's space for a baka. Accepted.

Submission: [spoiler Card]zenmaim.jpg

[spoiler Card Text]2 or more Level 4 "Wind-Up" monstersThis card gains 200 ATK for each Xyz Material attached to it. Once per turn: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card, then target 1 card on the field; destroy it. If this card is destroyed by your opponent's card (either by battle or card effect) while it had Xyz Material: You can target 1 "Wind-Up" monster in your Graveyard; Special Summon it.

[spoiler Design Notes]While this doesn't easily qualify as "boss monster", I'd consider nearly any strong Extra Deck monster as a Wind-Up boss monster. Wind-Ups don't have a very good Xyz library, and their exclusive Rank 4 is Zenmaister which is rather obsolete. So why not design for that slot? Zenmaim is simple. Slight boosting effect for raw power, and the ability to pick off troublesome cards in exchange for a little ATK. I don't want the ATK boost to be too high, otherwise Zenmaim will end up too weak without enough material (like what happened with Zenmaister). In the off chance that you get many Wind-Ups at once, you get the option to dump a little more into Zenmaim to make it stronger. Sometimes going from 2500 to 2700 can make all the difference. Final effect makes it float. Sorta. Wind-Ups lose a lot of steam when their Xyz Monster gets unceremoniously busted without any return. Getting a monster back - especially one without any hard OPT effects due to how Wind-Ups work - can give Wind-Ups a little breather to recuperate.

Accepted.

Sorry now I am being annoying. Just realized that my rank was 4, but required level 3 monsters and had a pendulum summon 3 condition...

This is basically supposed to go with Igknights by the way... Sorry if it goes out bad never played Igknights ;D

Sorry now I am being annoying. Just realized that my rank was 4, but required level 3 monsters and had a pendulum summon 3 condition...

This is basically supposed to go with Igknights by the way... Sorry if it goes out bad never played Igknights ;D

Okay.

I can't give any personal feedback right now because it'll be violating my position as Judge and host. You have to make edits based on your own judgement, like everyone else.

Then, here's-a my entry

[spoiler=Entry]

nfYahSY.png

2 Level 10 Monsters
You can also Xyz Summon this card by using 1 Xyz Monster you control as the Xyz Material and sending monster(s) from your hand to the Graveyard whose total Levels + the Rank of the Xyz Monster equals 10 or more. (Xyz Materials attached to that monster are also attached to this card.) When this card is Xyz Summoned: Choose 1 of its Xyz Materials; This card gains ATK equal to that monster's Rank/Level x200. Once per turn, during either player's turn: You can Detach 1 Xyz Material from this card and target 1 card on the field; This turn, that target cannot be destroyed by card effects and gains the following effect:
● If this card leaves the field, destroy 1 card you control. If you cannot, banish 1 card from your hand face-down instead.

[spoiler=Designer's Notes]
There's a lot of reasons I really, really like this card. It epitomizes the idea of risk vs. reward, as well as giving multiple avenues for use on its effect. But, there's a couple design points that I want to touch upon:
- I've heard before an oft used critique of self-Xyz-Evolution cards like Gaia that end up being problems because they allow a player to get off an effect and mitigate any downsides to that specific monster because of the effect, or bypass lockdown cards like Fiendish Chain. Yes, X-Kaiser is as generic as any Xyz monster can get; but to counter this problem of it being so generic, there's the additional cost of discarding monsters to work into the summon itself. For ranks 5 and up, this ends up being one discard for a decently strong boss monster with minor protection or additional removal effects. For ranks 4 and below (especially Rank 4), this ends up being a 2+ card discard to summon this monster, which ends up having 2800 attack in the process. The idea is to scale the overall cost of summon depending on the relative ease of summon for the main monster you're using as a material. As the rank gets higher, the summon becomes more flexible and the reward gets greater.
- The stat gain effect as a trigger works well with how this card can be used to replace theoretically any Xyz (Rank 1 is going to be way too much trouble for what you get). The point of it being a trigger instead of a continuous is that it opens more avenues for disruption on the opponent's part; cards such as Ghost Ogre have more significance in countering this card from hitting the field as a replacement, as well as any negation effects with specific timing for when an effect activates. This adds more risk to using the card, and with the cost of summon in consideration, it makes knowing when to summon this card more significant than just slapping it on any Dante you have with no materials.
- Finally, the protection effect. I love this effect because of how flexible it is in that it can be used to protect any card (spells or traps included; set or not) from destruction; but also runs the risk of the given player losing more if that given card ends being removed anyways. This can be used to protect X-Kaiser himself in case the opponent needs to use effect destruction to remove it; it can be used to protect a vital S/T you control; it can be used to prevent an opponent from getting off an effect that requires them to destroy a card they want destroyed; but, more importantly, it can be used to hit the opponent harder in the card count when you really go in for the kill.

Then, here's-a my entry

[spoiler=Entry]

nfYahSY.png

2 Level 10 Monsters
You can also Xyz Summon this card by using 1 Xyz Monster you control as the Xyz Material and sending monster(s) from your hand to the Graveyard whose total Levels + the Rank of the Xyz Monster equals 10 or more. (Xyz Materials attached to that monster are also attached to this card.) When this card is Xyz Summoned: Choose 1 of its Xyz Materials; This card gains ATK equal to that monster's Rank/Level x200. Once per turn, during either player's turn: You can Detach 1 Xyz Material from this card and target 1 card on the field; This turn, that target cannot be destroyed by card effects and gains the following effect:
● If this card leaves the field, destroy 1 card you control. If you cannot, banish 1 card from your hand face-down instead.

[spoiler=Designer's Notes]
Inspired by a friend

Kk. Accepted.

Remember, deadline is May 4 12:00 a.m. MDT to make any final changes and/or edits.

Boop boop~

[spoiler=Submission'']

2yyz6te.jpg

The Grand Order

DARK/Level 10

Fairy/Effect

Cannot be Special Summoned/Set. Must be Normal Summoned in addition to your Normal Summon/Set this turn by destroying 3 cards you control or in your hand (it is treated as being destroyed by your opponent's card effect.) Once per turn, during either player's turn, if both players control a monster: You can banish any number of card(s) in your Graveyard (max. 5), then both players target the same number of monster(s) they control (if less, they target all monsters they control instead); switch control of them to their opponent until the End Phase, and if you do, halve any battle damage both players take this turn.

3000/3000

[spoiler=Small Notes'']

As you can see, i made generic boss for anyone who love pop*ing out their own card (you name it, Artifacts, Yang Zing, Fire King, etc etc etc.) Also for the Nomi clause, nah, "Cannot be Normal Summoned/Set . . . ." are booooooring, instead i made another Nomi "Cannot be Special Summoned/Set . . ." that way, this boss can bypass SS restriction effect (something like Vanity and such) with a small addition with "treated as being destroyed by your opponent", growing the list of float cards that'll work with this card's summoning conditions, while also prevent this card from cheap revival like CotH. As for the field eff, it can be a lot, or maybe nasty, something like when your opponent activate Raigeki then you change control monsters *pooof*, they just pop*d their own monsters. Not only raigeki, mirror trap works too OR if you want to change control of float monster to your opponent and attack with it.

Last edit:

> Changing the card's name.

> Tone down the eff a bit.

Boop boop~

[spoiler=Submission'']

dqn3l.jpg

Kinnara, the Grand Order

DARK/Level 10

Fairy/Effect

Cannot be Special Summoned/Set. Must be Normal Summoned in addition to your Normal Summon/Set this turn by destroying 3 cards you control or in your hand (it is treated as being destroyed by your opponent, either by battle and card effect.) Once per turn, during either player's turn: You can switch control of all monsters in each player's side of the field to their opponent until the End Phase, and if you do, monsters you control cannot declare an attack for the rest of this turn. You take any battle damage your opponent would have taken instead. You can only control 1 "Kinnara, the Grand Order".

3000/3000

[spoiler=Small Notes'']

As you can see, i made generic boss for anyone who love pop*ing out their own card (you name it, Artifacts, Yang Zing, Fire King, etc etc etc.) Also for the Nomi clause, nah, "Cannot be Normal Summoned/Set . . . ." are booooooring, instead i made another Nomi "Cannot be Special Summoned/Set . . ." that way, this boss can bypass SS restriction effect (something like Vanity and such) with a small addition with "treated as being destroyed by your opponent", growing the list of float cards that'll work with this card's summoning conditions. As for the field eff, y'know, change control of all monsters literally means all monsters so yes, including this card. The point is not for field advantage, since you're probably running this card in a float deck (Kozmo maybe), change control means you can attack your own float monster (changing control) then SS'd to your field instead.

Okay baka, accepted. =P

Archived