[Finished]Yuuji's CC1: Create Your Own Boss/Ace Monster! [Finished]

Yuuji Kazami

As promised, Yuuji will use his own rubric:

50 Points (Balance/Utility/Mechanic): How balanced and effective is the card in the current meta? How much does it support the deck that it was meant to be used in?

35 Points (Creativity/Flavor): How flavourful (if belonging to a certain archetype), and creative is the card? Does it make Yu-Gi-Oh more fun and interesting?

15 Points (OCG): Does your card truly match Konami standards?

[spoiler=The Taken King, Zamal the Sky Render:]
(Balance/Utility/Mechanic): 15/50. You forgot, this is where the whole format in which Reasoning was still at 3. If this card was used in BA/PK/Speedroids in the current format, it would be a living nightmare to deal with. Think of it this way pre-PK: SS 4 BA using various effects, then Summon this card that is atleast a 4K beatstick on the first turn that is better than Towers. Much better than Apoqliphort Towers, eh? Other ways to abuse would be the fact that Pendulums can just run 1 copy and Pendulum 4 monsters out for the tribute, if they didn't add in Stormforth to the mix. Not only that, Igknights can also get this easily out in the first turn if they happen to draw into it. Due to the fact that it is unaffected by other card effects, Upstarts + Chicken + Into the Void can easily get into the cards you need, and getting this out provides a more likely GG as opposed to Quasar, and even Divine Sfir at this point. Only ways to get rid of this would be Kaijus, or effects that target the player, or Honest. Other than that, there's literally nothing that can actually beat this card.

(Creativity/Flavor): 10/35. It doesn't really make it more interesting in any ways. It's just a generic Towers that's a complete beatstick to hammer your opponent in. No honest strategy, only jumping out 4 monsters for the tributes. A little bit of strategy comes from the fact that you have to figure out how to get out the 4 monsters for the Tribute, but I can only see this being run in a Helmet Deck, and nothing else. Just a bit more harder to Summon than Obelisk, and a ridiculously potent game ender if it hits the field.

(OCG): 15/15. Well, it's boring to read due to the stiff effects from altered existing Konami cards, but atleast it's correct.

Overall: 40/100.

[spoiler=Spell Counter King, Igknight Lord:]
(Balance/Utility/Mechanic): 16/50. ...Aside from the eyesore of the plethora of terrible effects, the card in general is terrible. Starting with the monster effect, it's a mat 3 with 3400 ATK, which already makes it an eyesore. Reading on, it also has the ability to be PS'ed if you can PS Level 4's, which almost any Pendulum Deck can do nowadays. So if this card only has 1 Xyz Material, it loses 400 ATK, and no Materials makes it lose 400 more ATK. That drawback is pretty much non-existent if you can keep PSing this thing back as long as you can PS Level 4's. Not only that, it gets to give you a +1 upon the Xyz Summon. The next two effects are painful as well. So the drawback is that you lose 1000 LP during each SP, but you gain 1000 with each monster destroyed? That's not really much of a drawback, considering the card can pretty much work to replenish its cost during your turn anyways. Not only that, you can also prevent the damage effect like Acid Golemn by detaching 1 Xyz Material. However, unlike Acid Golem, there's not even a legitimate drawback for this generic Pendulum beatstick. I won't even go into depths with the last 3 effects because they're not even clear. If the chosen Pendulum Zone already has a card, then what happens to this card after you destroy the card already in the occupied PS zone? The last effect supports the PE effect, but it just feels really unoriginal by stacking up your PS zone with this card whenever you feel like you want to pop a card in the Pendulum Zone. Moving on to the Pendulum effect, it's absolutely useless unless you feel that a 2600 beatstick isn't good enough, or that you can only PS 2 Igknights. It just feels like a mess to read, and lacks originality as it feels as if Acid Golem was copied and splashed with random effects that mainly support Igknights, but with random LP effects and drawback.

(Creativity/Flavor): 10/35. It has the Igknight elements in there, but it's also splashed with lots of random effects that completely ruins the card in general. A little creative with the attaching via PS, but not very appealing. This would probably turn new players away from playing Igknights if it had existed. Reading it was a headache.

(OCG): 5/15. A headache to read, and Konami would fire on the spot if this type of work was caught. Also lacking specification of designated area of destruction in the Pendulum Scale with the second last effect. Actually, scratch that; the whole effect makes very little sense in general. This "destroy" can also apply to this card in context due to the terrible wording.

Total: 31/100.

[spoiler=YamiNekoChan,The Phantom Knights Death Lord:]
(Balance/Utility/Mechanic): 21/50. Okay, as promised, I'm considering this in the November 8 banlist. The problem with this card is the fact that after you Summon Break Sword, you can activate Break Sword's effect to pop a card before going into this. Then, Xyz Summoning this card, you get to revive a Phantom Knight that makes another Break Sword much simpler. Targeting itself with the second Break Sword, you can SS 2 more Phantom Knights with their Levels 4 (or 5 if you're adding the lesser used PK) and perhaps go into Adreus (therefore a -3 for your opponent already, before using Death Lord's first effect), or Master Key Beetle that gives Death Lord protection, or Dark Rebellion for a heavy hit. This combo can occur with using very few cards in your hand, which is why that your score is rather low in this area. Then, going to the EP, he has the field wipe for non-Darks. Adding that last effect to SS a monster attached to this card: SS Break Sword and go into another Death Lord. Not only that, this card can go into itself for the Xyz Evolution, which is another turn-off point. A further worrying point is the fact that Norden was still at 3 at the time, and SSing 1 copy with this card can easily make another. This would make PK way too much at the time.

(Creativity/Flavor): 25/35. You matched the feeling of PK perfectly, but the ability to go into itself is just too much to be appealing. It's like allowing Infinity to go into itself so it gives itself more Xyz Materials, except this card's secondary effect to SS isn't as bad in a way. However, due to the November 8 banlist, this card becomes too much. 

(OCG): 12/15. There are a few Spelling mistakes, as well as wording error that I picked up. I understood the meaning, but you were still deducted for the minor mistakes.

Total: 59/100.

[spoiler=Gadjiltron, Ancient Gear Gadjiltron Hydra:]
(Balance/Utility/Mechanic): 46/50. Well, taking into the viewpoint of the November 8 banlist, there's nothing that would cause too much discrepancy with this card. Norden may be able to drag a Gadget back for the add, but it wouldn't affect this card too much as it only allows Machine-Types for the Xyz. I can't think of anything blatantly wrong with this card, other than the fact that it's slightly worrying with what Gold and Silver can do with one Norden. However, even if the above did occur, the maximum you can get out would be a mat 3 2500 hitter with nothing in its effects that would technically break the game, although it produces a great ability to maintain hand size. Taking into account of the meta, it's completely fair to be on par with the speed of Dracopals and Kozmos, even if it's a little overbearing on what the Deck could do with 1 Norden. (The NS of another Gadget also gives you a free R4 to use).

(Creativity/Flavor): 33/35. Okay, this card fits the Gadgets to the T in majority of its areas. I'm only slightly miffed that it only requires 2 mats. It would've been slightly more accurate had it been 3 mats in my opinion, due to the fact that chimera (1) -> Dragon (2) -> Hydra (3) made a little more sense to me. (Red, Yellow, and Green) being the main trinity. Gold and Silver are more or less extra supports, and this card would've shined more if it followed that order.  Of course, there is Stronghold, but who the heck cares about that card with the Ancient Gears?

(OCG): 15/15. You're a god in this area. I can't poke any holes from reading the effect. >.<

Total: 94/100.

[spoiler=VCR_CAT, Wings of the Legend, X-Kaiser:]
(Balance/Utility/Mechanic): 41/50. Due to the poor PSCT, I read the card wrong the first time. However, because you notified me on the actual effect, I've decided to do a re-grade. It's now more fair considering that you MUST discard an additional card on the Summon. However, speaking of BA, in which that they now have Beatrice to work with, Summoning this card isn't even close to hard. Honestly, this card benefits this archetype more with the BA/PK/Speedroid crap going on, as opposed to the other meta relevant and non-relevant Decks. However, because you still allowed this card to go into itself and give itself a base ATK of 4000, it made it sort of turn-offish in this area, even with the discard requirement. Giving the card the ability to go into itself, even with a cost that is relatively small, is poor design on the creator's part, especially since it does receive a benefit when doing so. No other card in Yu-Gi-Oh does this, and for good reason. They all have some sort of specific limitation that prevents this from occurring.

Read Beatrice, Lady of the Eternal as an example, as opposed to yours. On a side note, even if the / was not a PSCT error, the OCG was still bad on this card and could've been made to reword like Beatrice for clarity. 

(Creativity/Flavor): 32/35. Very creative with the Summoning and the detach effect, as well as the name in general. Otherwise, nothing too flavourful about it to warrant anything higher.

(OCG): 9/15. Re-reading the card more carefully this time, I've found 4 spelling mistakes, 1 wording mistake as Rank/Level is incorrect (Read Apoqliphort Towers) and should be Level/Rank. Total Level of the monsters should be Total Level(s). Also, given the massive PSCT error that caused me to re-grade the entire card due to the fact that the Summoning Condition was not made clear enough to the player (even though I have read the card a multiple of times), I've deducted more in this area. 

Total: 82/100.

[spoiler=Kana, The Great Order:]
(Balance/Utility/Mechanic): 20/50. The biggest concern that I have with this card is it's forced Creature Swap effect that is quick. Not only that, this card becomes a 2 card Exciton Knight when used with Earthbound Immortal Lizard thingy. Also, using this thing in conjunction with Yang-Zing proves to be a little too much. Literally, you can switch control of this card until the EP, take control of opponent's monster, use Yang Zing for Synchro, end your turn, and your opponent has nothing. Not only that, anything your opponent Summons can be forcibly switched to you if you trade a weaker monster for their stronger one, especially a Yang-Zing with low ATK or DEF. Aside from that, I think that you can also Summon more than 1 copy of this card in one turn, which gets somewhat uncomfortable as there is nowhere on the card that says that this card cannot be Summoned more than once per turn. Also, like you said, it supports 3 specific archetypes more as opposed to a single archetype, or being completely generic. Don't even get me started by using this card with something like Scapegoat. >.<

(Creativity/Flavor): 27/35. It's creative and unique with its effects, but I feel that you could have done a better job on specifying the Summoning Condition more as well as turning the Creature Swap thing to not be a quick effect to make it fore fair for slower decks.

(OCG): 13/15. We have a problem at "if both players control a monster:". Due to the lack of the (s) for the activatiion condition of the Creature Swap effect, I had initially thought that the effect can only occur if both players only controlled a (1) monster, until I finished reading the card. This is a fairly major error, so I had to take off marks in this area, even though I knew what you had meant.

Total: 60/100.

[spoiler=Getter Emperor, The Eternal Zhanzheng:]
(Balance/Utility/Mechanic): 15/50. The problem is with this monster's first effect of not being able to be destroyed by card effects. This is a really well-made card, especially with how its effects being able to compliment each other. However, due to the effect being a quick effect, and the secondary effect of dropping any Level 5 or higher dark monster when targeted by something like Castel's effect: (Byser Shock, Dark Magician of Chaos, Dark Simorgh, Jinzo, Sorciere de Fleur, White-Horned Dragon, etc) are all valid targets to Summon from the Deck, so it feels a little too much to me. There are already a lot of Dark support cards such as Armageddon Knight and Uni-Zombie that helps the engine. Sure, it's generic, but a little too much on the power scale. 2950 ATK isn't exactly small, and it has the ability to keep regenerating itself by banishing Dark monsters, albeit only being a hard OPT. It still doesn't hide the fact that this thing is a beatstick that can pretty much avoid anything, unless you kill it by battle. However, even then, it can still bring itself back once per turn. The probability of also having an OTK possibility is also very high, so this card lost a lot of potential due to the power you gave it. If only you reduced the stats to something like 2450, and removed the first effect as well as changing the SS to DEF position only instead. ;_;

(Creativity/Flavor): 28/35. It's creative and unique with its effects, and fits the dark-theme rather well. However, giving it the protection from destruction by card effects strays in this regard, as the regeneration and the Deck Summon would've been more than enough.

OCG: 15/15. No mistakes. 

Total: 58/100.

[spoiler=Enguin, Frightfur Patchwork King:]
(Balance/Utility/Mechanic): 45/50. So, starting from the Summoning Condition, I believe that 3 Frightfurs are a fair deal for such a behemoth that cannot be destroyed by battle or by card effects. Also has the benefit of acting as a secondary Polymerization once per turn without any of the Spell Cards in general. Also, the last effect is rather frightening with the ability of Frightfur Fusion, except you can also use cards in your hand as well. I really don't know if anything can abuse this card, in all honesty. Frightfurs are fast, but I don't think they're fast enough to instantly drop this card out on the first turn without ridiculous luck. The one problem is that it can instantly drag a Frightfur out on the Summon. I would've preferred returning some banished Frightfurs or adding as opposed to instantly bring one of the Fusion materials back. The ATK increase possibility with Tiger feels too much to stomach in my opinion.

(Creativity/Flavor): 33/35. It fits with the Frightfur theme perfectly, except I feel that the extra choice to Fusion other monsters strays from Frightfurs a lot. As the boss monster, it feels that it should maintain the feel of supporting only Frightfurs, with any other Fusion Summons being redundant as I can't see what other monster you can Summon with the archetype.

(OCG): 13.5/15. The Fusion Summoned part within the Summoning Condition was redundant. How else were you going to SS the Frightfurs? I suppose you can drop them into your Graveyard somehow like with Mega Granmarg, and then Frightfur Fusion, but that's a lot more effort than doing it the old fashioned way. Also, "one" is supposed to be "1", although I still understood the card so I only deducted .5 there.

Total: 91.5/100.

[spoiler=Archlight Lux, Assault Blackwing - Honjo the Heavy Rain:]
(Balance/Utility/Mechanic): 41/50. Ugh, if only you changed the card's effect for the stat gain to only increase until the End Phase, or otherwise until your opponent's End Phase, I would've given you a much higher mark. This card has a perfect balance aside from this small area that makes it becomes a little too much. OPT Blackwing add is fair, as it pushes for maximum potential when used with archetype. Generic Synchro as a non-target by opponent is also fair too with balanced stats. Last effect is also beautiful for the way that "heavy rain of attacks" on the opponent can also be conveyed an attack on each of the opponent's monsters once each.

(Creativity/Flavor): (35/35). The effect was really unique and likable, and seemed like a completely legitimate Blackwing card to me. Congrats on a perfect score in this area.

(OCG): 13/15. I counted 1 problem with the "then" as opposed to "and if you do", and 3 minor spelling errors. 

Total: 89/100.

[spoiler=AsdfDuelist, D/D/D Legendary Swordsman King Musashi:]
(Balance/Utility/Mechanic): 32/50. Okay, so obviously, the only able target for this card to be Overlaid upon is Marksman Tell, or otherwise it would require wasting the Level 7's in D/D/D's. So there's a Beatrice-like restriction of Xyz Summoning with the specific Rank monster, as it cannot activate its effects on the turn you Summon it that way. Okay. The next 2 effects become somewhat obscure. Besides popping your own D/D or Dark Contract cards, this effect is a non-target destruction that kind of strays from what D/D's should function as an archetype. Aside from that, the detach effect is pretty brutal as well since it protects all of your D/D's. The float effect is meh, but since that you can just COTH or SS this card back from the Graveyard, you can keep utilizing the float effect. I feel that there is too much effects for this card, and that some were really unnecessary. 

(Creativity/Flavor): (20/35). I just feel that there is some straying to the archetype because the effects don't match the feel/name of the card. Too much quantity over quality.

(OCG): 13/15. Aside from the "amount" should be "number" in the card, another turn-offish point is that the cluttering of the various effects is reminding me of Spell Counter King. 

Total: 65/100.

[spoiler=Soulfire, Netzach, the Eternal Overlord:]
(Balance/Utility/Mechanic): 36/50. It's not a good card, but atleast it isn't broken. The first effect feels really useless in the regard that this thing disappears after you SS it during the End Phase. I suppose that this could be really useful once you build enough Fairy-Types in the Graveyard, but it's next effect completely contradicts this as it gives you the option of banishing the Fairy-Types that would be sent to the Graveyard via destruction... Terrible synergy here. The last effect is rather interesting, although I'm trying to think if the Deck using this card would last long enough to pull enough banishes for this effect to be worthwhile. Sure, it can lead to a possible OTK, but the possibility of this card actually getting to that point seems very low to me.

(Creativity/Flavor): 30/35. Banishing just doesn't feel right with Light and/or Fairy-Types to me, so you lost marks in this area. Creative with the Summoning methods, but they feel really weird in terms of matching flavour.

(OCG): 12/15. There's quite a lot of errors in terms of wording. 

Total: 78/100

[spoiler=Lord Dolphin, Aromage Tagetes]
(Balance/Utility/Mechanic): 21/50. There's no hard OPT on the first effect, which is very discerning due to the nature of Aromages. Not only that, this card can SS itself from the Graveyard using this effect as well, not just the hand. Also, whenever you SS this card with its own effect, it brings out another Aromage from your Deck for free, other than itself. This makes it pretty broken in a lot of areas, even if Aromages aren't that powerful at the moment. Supporting an archetype is good with a powerful card, but to design a card that completely changes the way that the archetype should be played isn't. Besides, Lonefire isn't good to the point of being to constantly reviving itself for LP. 

(Creativity/Flavor): 15/30. There's some aspects of Aromages in there, but it changes the design too much to be comfortable. Bringing itself back from the Graveyard is straying towards Zombies and the like, and there's not really anything too creative that makes it appealing.

(OCG): 14/15. "During either players turn, if your LP is higher than your opponents: You can pay 1000 LP..." Feels like a better wording than the original. 

Total: 50/100.

[spoiler=Royal Paladin, Underworld Invasion Tower:]
(Balance/Utility/Mechanic): 30/50. I rather like this card, but due to the fact that you've completely ignored the possibility of this card simply Xyz Summoning onto itself was a terrible blunder. Like VCR_CAT's X-Kaiser, this card can benefit off Xyzing onto itself, but more so, in which I had to deduct more marks for the possibility of a easy OTK when you can bring anything on the field from the Graveyards. Which Zombie World, this effect is magnified. I like the banishing FD effect, because it punishes players who use too much Pot of Stupidity as well as increasing the possibility of a "Deck out" win. However, if anyone remembers Number 23: Lancelot, then you would know that as long as you get 2 Level 8's out (For Synchro Zombies with Norden), or Bram also with Instant Fusion by bringing out Reaper on the Nightmare, it makes this card rather easy to Summon as long as you can get 1 of the 2 listed cards out. Nothing on the ATK increase or monster protection, as they are fair considering how a Zombie Deck functions.

(Creativity/Flavor): 31/35. You've matched a Zombie Deck's feel properly, although I found the protection effect quite weird for a Zombie card.

(OCG): 12.5/15. I counted 4 mistakes in the card, 3 minor and 1 moderate.

Total: 73.5/100.

[spoiler=Champion0, Armed Angel:]
(Balance/Utility/Mechanic): 16/50. Well, it's pretty bad before it turns into Towers V3, and even then... It's weird. Some of the worse cards in Yu-Gi-Oh, apart from being blatantly overpowered to blatantly useless, are very weak cards before they turn into God cards after meeting a certain condition. It's better than the Egyption Gods (the now legal versions atleast) when you manage to Summon it with 3 Tributes, I guess. Other than that... It's just very poor in terms of usability and in its mechanic.

(Creativity/Flavor): 7/35. Not very creative, uninspiring, and completely lacks appeal in all of its areas. As for flavour... *tastes* It's so disgusting that even Bear Grylls won't eat it.

(OCG): 7/15. It wasn't a headache to read, but the effects were really poorly written. Also, "immune" isn't even the correct terminology to state that a card is unaffected by an opponent's card effects.

Total: 30/100.

[spoiler=Yami Muddy, Thunderclap Gateway Dragon:]
(Balance/Utility/Mechanic): 42/50. This thing is actually beautiful for Thunder-Types. Heck, Vylons were pretty much garbage if you ran them as a full Deck. The only troubling part is the fact that you can bring back the Thunder-Types with a rather low Cost, and it would have been better if it was limited to 1 Thunder per turn as opposed to 2. Sure, this card does have the possibility of enabling an OTK with Vylon Prism upon the Synchro Summon, but I took off no marks in this regard because I feel that it's not scary enough to break the game even if you do have a twice-attacking 4500 monster. I mean, Neo Blue Eyes can hammer 3 times per turn, and I really doubt that most Thunder players would be lucky enough to get this card out on an empty field. If they manage, they deserve to OTK their opponent. 

(Creativity/Flavor): 30/35. It's creative, and very appealing to use for Thunder-Types. It gives them a push that makes them more optional to play, albeit you gave them a little too much with that secondary effect.

(OCG): 14/15. One mistake for cost, and another for capitalization.

Total: 86/100.

[spoiler=Hexanort, Fire King High Avatar Megarunix:]
(Balance/Utility/Mechanic): 39/50. Even if the effects were all over the place, I got a general idea of what you were aiming for, and I liked the idea of where it was going. The Summoning effect, in my opinion, is fair enough for the Fire King Archetype. However, I did feel a little troubled with Yang-Zings due to the fact that Suanni and Zefranu can easily drop out this card as well, but its minor enough to the point that I didn't deduct anything based on it. It's unfortunate that you decided to add the extra protection against monster effects, because due to the massive amount of different effects that would not require the protection, it makes the card much harder to deal with than it should be. 

(Creativity/Flavor): 33/35. You've completely made this card feel like part of the Fire Kings, congrats. However, the monster protection effect was unnecessary and felt out of place, so you lost a few marks in that area. Everything else felt fine, though.

(OCG): 9/15. There's a lot of mistakes that made me deduct a rather large chunk in this area, but I got the general idea of what you were trying to go for.

Total: 81/100.

[spoiler=Donar, Crazed Caleuche:]
(Balance/Utility/Mechanic): 30/50. It's fairly balanced, and seems like a decent card to add to the Deck for Skull Servant Decks I guess. Other than that, I can't really see much use for this card. In other Zombie Decks, you wouldn't run Normal Monsters often. I suppose it is somewhat possible for Blue-Eyes to use this Card as well, but outside of this and Skull Servants, I can't see any other viable Deck nowadays that can efficiently utilize this card. Also, not even Skull Servants can utilize this card to its maximum potential, since the Pendulum Effect can be rarely used with the amount of low-Level Zombies.

(Creativity/Flavor): 25/35. Rather unique with its effects, but they do seem to be all over the place. Some of the effects also feel like that it's slipping away from the Zombie theme.

(OCG): 13/15. Two spelling errors with one wording and one capitalization error.

Total: 68/100.

[spoiler=Shadow_Liepard, Giant Moth Thingy:]
(Balance/Utility/Mechanic): 36/50. The card itself is almost impossible to Summon, and your opponent will be devoting all resources to stop Petit from destroying a monster. You forgot to mention where that this card would be Summoned (hand, Extra Deck, Graveayrd, etc). Other than that... It seems completely balanced. It's not a OTK monster, and having a Quick effect of banishing is quite helpful on your opponent's turn so that they can't set up anything nasty to kill this card. It would have been a lot better had you changed up the Summoning method, such as simply Tributing a Petit Moth equipped with Cocoon but toning down the effects of some other areas. 

(Creativity/Flavor): 30/35. It's certainly quite creative and flavourful, but the name was just plain stupid. Also, aside from being limited to 2 specific cards, there's not much interesting part about this card other than making power plays. =/

(OCG): 13.5/15. Wording error, and some other odds and ends that totaled up to be 3 mistakes.

Total: 79.5/100.

[spoiler=JuanoGS11, Crimson Night Vampire Dragon:]
(Balance/Utility/Mechanic): 37/50. It's not a bad card, but the fact that you'd probably have to use up atleast 3 monsters to get this card out makes it rather disappointing. The rest of the effects seem fair and all, but i find this card to be rarely used in Decks due to the DARK Tuner requirement and the mediocre effects. However, it's not broken, and could be rather powerful if the game pulls out long enough. 

(Creativity/Flavor): 27/35. Well, atleast it feels like a boss, but having a vampire dragon that's not even Zombie-type makes the card feel out of place. The other effects do fit the bill rather well, but its the card's name and type in general that makes this card feel awkward. 

(OCG): 12.5/15. Picked up 5 errors on the card. 

Total: 76.5/100.

[spoiler=Totals:]
1. Gadjiltron: 94/100
2. Enguin: 91.5/100
3. Archlight Lux: 89/100
4. Yami Muddy: 86/100
5. VCR_CAT: 82/100
6. Hexanort: 81/100
7. Shadow_Liepard: 79.5/100
8. Soulfire: 78/100
9. JuanoGS11: 76.5/100
10. Royal paladin: 73.5/100
11. Donar: 68/100
12. AsdfDuelist: 65/100
13. Kana: 60/100
14. YamiNekoChan: 59/100
15. Getter Emperor: 58/100
16. Lord Dolphin: 50/100
17. The Taken King: 40/100
18. Spell Counter King: 31/100
19. Champion0: 30/100

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

konichiwa!~

28391197104c8af6d343a3587aad0274.jpg

Once again, I'd like to express my admiration for many of these entries. It was very difficult not to ramble on forever on some of these cards, so I shortened it the best I could to get my points across. Like I said before, I take precedence in giving my full opinion on every piece I review, as a courtesy to those who enter these competitions. It was my honor, and pleasure, to have reviewed these pieces. The rubric for my judging criteria is located below this paragraph. If you have any comments regarding the judgement of your card, please let me know via PM. With that said, enjoy!

[spoiler=Rubric]

100 Points Maximum is possible for any single card. Broken down:

60 Points (Balance/Utility/Mechanic): Does the card fulfill the basic requirements of the tournament? Is it relevant, fair, balanced and useful? If archetype specific, how well does it work in said archetype? If splashable, how well does it work in other decks? Does it overall work too well, or not well enough? 
30 Points (Creativity/Flavor): Does the card's effect fit stylistically with its stats, image (if applicable), and name? Is its design unique and interesting? If so, how?
10 Points (OCG): Does it follow current YuGiOh OCG? Is its effect clear and easy to understand? Is the grammar, punctuation, and sentence structure correct?

[spoiler=The Taken King, Zamal, The Sky Render]

[spoiler=Submission]

DsnOOPq.png

Balance/Utility/Mechanic (10/60): This keeps the same design mentality as the original DIVINE cards, by giving players a massive rewards for pulling off its summoning… except, that doesn’t work the same way anymore. There are plenty of decks that have the capability of getting this card out reliably during their 1st or 2nd turn (Phantom Knight Burning Abyss, Hieratics, Monarchs, etc). While DIVINE cards are powerful, they are too inconsistent and easily removable to see play. This card, while it is inconsistent, is not easy to remove. In the right conditions, this card is a 10,000+ ATK monster that’s unaffected by card effects, and can’t have its summoning responded to, or negated. There are only 3 mechanics that get around this card:

1. Tributing as a condition to summon (Santa Claws, Kaiju, etc.)

2. By battle, which will almost never happen (Honest & Moon Mirror Shield)

3. Cards that affect the player state, rather than the game state (Ex. Share the Pain, Rivalry of Warlords, etc.)

Counting on your opponents to not only have responses to this card during their turn, but more importantly during yours, is impractical. If under the right conditions you summon this guy (the tributed monsters + 6 - 8 cards currently in-grave), you can immediately win games by just attacking into a single Attack Position monster your opponent controls that has less than 3000 ATK. While there are decks that revolve around getting out a single, unkillable monster quickly, they are usually archetype-specific, and can’t immediately win as soon as the monster hits board. This card is one of two extremes: Either being completely useless, or sealing out games by just being played. Technically this is how I’d imagine some forms of boss monsters working, but not to this extreme. It's not impossible to play around or side against this guy game 2 and 3, but having such a polarizing card exist in the first place is very terrifying. It’s a fine line regarding balance w/ boss monsters, but this has definitely jumped spades, considering its splashability and potential to become an immediate win condition.

Creativity/Flavor (16/30): Great choice of artwork, fitting the typing and effect of the card very well. I would have loved to seen this as a DIVINE for flavor purposes, but in hindsight, it's probably best not to have it that way. Nothing new or interesting about its effect, just a Aquliphort Towers w/ less weaknesses and more splashability.

OCG (10/10): Everything works here.

Total (36/100)

[spoiler=Spell Counter King, Furnace Moltius, Ignight Lord]

[spoiler=Submission]

Furnace Moltius, Igknight Lord
FIRE
Rank 4
3400 / 2300
Scale 2
Warrior / Xyz / Pendulum / Effect
PE: When you Pendulum Summon a FIRE Pendulum monster(s): You can Special Summon this card and attach the Pendulum Summoned FIRE monster(s) to this card as the Xyz Material. (Max. 2) You can only activate this effect once per turn.
ME: 3 Level 4 Monsters
If you can Pendulum Summon Level 4, you can Pendulum Summon this card while it is face-up in the Extra Deck. If this card has 1 Xyz Material attached to it: Its original ATK becomes 3000. If this card has no Xyz Material attached to this card: Its original ATK becomes 2600. When this card is Xyz Summoned, you can target 1 FIRE Pendulum monster face-up in your Extra Deck: Add it to your hand. During each of your Standby Phases, take 1000 damage. Every time this card destroys a monster by battle, you gain 1000 LP. During your Standby Phases, if you were to take damage from this card's effect: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card instead. If this card has no Xyz Materials attached to this card, you can destroy this card and send it to 1 of your Pendulum Zones. If the one you choose already has a Pendulum card; Destroy it. If a Pendulum card in your Pendulum zone is destroyed by one of your own effects: You can place this card in your Pendulum Zone while it is face-up in your Extra Deck.

Balance/Utility/Mechanic (8/60): Man, this is a cluster. Let me try breaking the effects down into pieces, and review it from there:

As a Scale:

1. When a FIRE Pendulum Monster is Pendulum Summoned, you can Special Summon this card, and equip the Pendulum Summoned monster while this card is in the Pendulum Zone.

As a Monster:

1. It can be Pendulum Summoned as if it was a Level 4 monster in the face-up Extra Deck

2. Its base 3400 ATK, with 1 Xyz Material becomes 3000 ATK, with 0 Materials becomes 2600 ATK.

3. (*)When it’s Summoned, you add a FIRE Pendulum from your face-up extra deck to your hand.

4. (*) If you destroy a monster, gain 1000 LP. During each Standby, take 1000 LP damage, or detach a material. If you don’t detach a material, you can place it in one of your open Pendulum Zones, or destroy it.

Alright, let’s start off by saying this card does too much, while also doing nothing at all. Many of the mechanics are unnecessarily convoluted, and don’t add anything to the card. For example, point 4(*) in the Monster category didn’t need to exist, and point 3(*) is an on-summon effect, even if there isn’t anyway to use the Xyz Materials attached to it. The reason cards like Acid Golem have no detach effect, is that its stats are very impressive for its rank, and its drawbacks come by it staying on the board. This card has no restrictions, only that you can detach at the Standby Phase, or take LP damage. Or the fact that it can only go in your Pendulum Zone after it's destroyed by its own effect, which is a slow and impractical means of doing so.

As an archetype monster, it’s not nearly as efficient as Number 86: Rhongomyniad, but it works decently as a 3400 ATK generic Rank 4. The idea of adding back a FIRE Pendulum to your hand doesn’t help the archetype, considering you take away 3 of your own monsters to make it in the first place, which leaves its only redeeming quality as a 3400 ATK monster. there are better spots that fill this niche, and do so with less materials. If this was a different generic Rank for the deck, like 5 or 6 with less materials, than I could see this being used. In its current form, however, it isn’t practical for both the archetype, and as a generic Rank 4 monster.

Flavor/Creativity (7/30): I can see the idea, I guess? Giving Igknights a recyclable Rank 4 that also counts as a Scale, while also adding back resources. However, it doesn’t benefit or introduce anything new to the deck, or in the generic 3 Level 4 RANK 4 Pool of monsters. The name doesn’t fit with the archetype either, since all the cards had simple names as a stylistic choice for the entire archetype.

OCG (3/10): I can at least see the mechanics in this card. However, the OCG is all over the place. Incorrect Colon usage, effects were organized incorrectly, incorrect Cost/Condition/Effect structure, wording could have been trimmed, incorrect capitalization.

Total (18/100)

[spoiler=YamiNekoChan, The Phantom Knight Death Lord]

[spoiler=Submission]

Nl0u49u.jpeg

Balance/Utility/Mechanic (12/60): This is combo city for Phantom Knights. The number of plays this opens up for an already powerful archetype is overkill. Let’s use this example: You have a PK Cloak, PK Breaksword, PK Gloves, and 1 Fog Blade in-grave (which isn’t impossible by any stretch of the imagination). You start by Special Summoning Breaksword off Fog Blade, then overlay into Death Lord, Special Summoning your Gloves from grave by Death Lord effect. You banish your Cloak in-grave to get PK Boots, then Special Summon Boots since you control Gloves. Overlay into glove to get any Rank 3. From that point forward, you generated an entire board w/ removal from Breaksword (if you so choose, or a mill w/ dante), without Normal Summoning, plus a Dark Hole during the End Phase, and that’s considering you didn’t even have a hand, and only 1 trap in-grave. This is just one example how this card would be absolutely insane for the archetype, as it generates free advantage. It’s also Splashable, by summoning ANY Level 4 or lower monster in-grave, which means any deck that has access to Breaksword also has access to a free COTH play. It opens too many floodgates, and could actually transform Phantom Knights into a Tier 0 deck.

Creativity/Flavor (25/30): This definitely feels like a Phantom Knight boss monster, from the effects to the stats and the artwork. It does open and enhance options the archetype already has available, while also keeping true to its current strengths/weaknesses, making it a proper boss card for the archetype, albeit overkill.

OCG (8/10): Some capitalization issues and incorrect wording on the Summoning Condition.

Total (45/100)

[spoiler=Trebuchet MS, Ancient Gear Gadjiltron Hydra]

[spoiler=Submission]

aggh.jpg

Balance/Utility/Mechanic (26/60): Let me start by saying the optional Detach effect is absolutely fantastic. Having a 2500 monster that can destroy any card on the field would help Level 4 Machine-Type Xyz central decks immensely, even if they don’t run gadgets. However, I don’t see this as any kind of boss monster for the Gadgets archetype. The additional effects don’t add further synergy with the archetype, unless you invest more than 2 materials. Let’s break this down in pieces by the effects gained based on the number of Gadgets used:

1. You’ll most likely be destroying backrow or monsters that are impeding you from attacking in the first place, so having the Spell/Trap prevention during the Battle Phase is unnecessary. You generate all the value you need from the card with its destruction effect, which your opponent would have most likely responded to earlier than the Battle Phase.

2. Same reasoning as above, you’ll generally be destroying monsters this card can’t beat over, rather than piercing through them.

3. At this point, the effects actually start to benefit the archetype, but it's too little too late. The additional normal for a Gadget doesn’t increase the speed much for the Deck, which it struggles with mostly.

4. Yeah, there are better cards in the game that are 3300 beaters as Rank 4’s (Utopia the Lightning, for one), and they require far less investment. You also have to have 5 materials to pop a card, while still retaining the attack buff.

5. If you’re in the stage of the game that you can make this card to search 1 gadget, then you’ve already probably won.

Every card that Konami has introduced with this mechanic have absolutely insane effects past a certain threshold of materials, and there is good reason for this. Investing a ton of cards into a single monster is inherently weak, so it better be really amazing if you’re able to make it. This card, while a good generic tool for Machine-Type Level 4 decks, is a really bad boss monster. It does not help the archetype’s biggest problem in any significant way: Speed. I can’t praise its generic mechanics highly in a competition regarding the best boss monsters.

Creativity/Flavor (21/30): The artwork and name are somewhat confusing to me, as Gadgets have always been very colorful and cartoonish. I can’t see using 2 gears to make a giant black soot-spewing mecha hydra dragon stylistically. However, as a generic card, it fits the bill quite well. Even while the gadget aspects are rather weak, the effects are laid out rather creatively.

OCG (9/10): Small capitalization issue w/ “detach” in the 1st sentence.

Total (56/100)

[spoiler=VCR_CAT, Wings of the Legend, X-Kaiser]

[spoiler=Submission]

nfYahSY.png

Balance/Utility/Mechanic (47/60): From what I’ve read so far, this card’s balancing is nearly impeccable. First off, it’s summoning condition is highly rewarding for decks that can more consistently make larger Xyz Monsters, by having to discard less monsters in order to Summon it. It also generates more ATK by using one of its Xyz Materials’ Rank/Level x 200. This makes it more difficult for Level 4 spam decks to splash this card in as a high ATK Xyz Monster to remove problem cards. It doesn’t Tribute or destroy for its Summoning Condition, so there is very little advantage that can be generated from this. He’s generic and splashable, but he’s not an auto-inclusion for any Xyz deck.

His secondary effect is also pretty decent, but nothing spectacular. In the right situation, you can force your opponent to banish a card from their hand, or destroy a backrow. It also is chainable, so you can chain to target another card, and force your opponent to minus themselves. You can also chain it upon himself, for mediocre speed 2 protection. However, the ability to target ANY card is somewhat overkill, considering you can chain to the activation of a Spell/Trap card, then wait for the chain to resolve and force your opponent to minus that way. Or, you can protect floodgates you control from destruction. Not a huge fan of this mechanic TBH. However, the pros severely outweigh the cons with this card, as it would be a fantastic toolbox card to include for high Rank Xyz Monsters.

Creativity/Flavor (27/30): Just its effects and mechanics alone warrant this high score alone. This card feel very Vanguard-Esque, but that’s not a bad thing, considering the title of this competition. Plenty of thought was put into this card’s creation.

OCG (9/10): Summoning condition has some missing commas and the Xyz Material clause is incorrect.

Total (83/100)

[spoiler=Lord's Blade Kana, Kinnara, The Grand Order]

[spoiler=Submission]

2yyz6te.jpg

Balance/Utility/Mechanic (3/60): This card is mechanically broken on so many levels. First off, it’s summoning requirement generates free advantage from destroying your own stuff, in addition to your Normal Summon/Set this turn. There are too many archetypes that would benefit from this (Fire Kings, Kozmos, PK Fire, Phantom Knights, TG, Yang Zing, etc). While in most situations destroying 3 cards would be bad, the level of chaos this card would cause is insane. It generates free advantage and board presence by its summoning simply being attempted.

Then there is the switch effect, which is also mechanically broken. It is an effect that can be used during either player’s turn, so theoretically, both you and your opponent can use it any number of times if you choose to switch control of herself, so long as there are monsters to banish for its cost. The OPT clause only works while it's face-up on your side of the field. If you choose not to switch her, you can just use the monsters you most likely summoned off the destruction effect (which would have weak stats), and swap control with your opponent (who most likely has more powerful monsters). Creature Swap is powerful for a reason, but this is overkill. What’s worse, is even if on your opponent’s turn you swap monsters back and forth just once, your opponent can’t attack directly that turn. That’s not to mention the other advantage and/or board presence you generated from just the summoning. This card is a mess.

Creativity/Flavor (26/30): I’m sad the effect turned out broken, because the card is actually quite creative. The imagery is perfect for the type of card it represents, while its effect and summoning condition are things I’ve never seen attempted before. However, its typing and attribute are odd, considering the choice of image.

OCG (7/10): While there isn’t OCG that this card could be compared to, some of the mechanics and text could be worded differently. For example, the summoning clause (it is treated as being destroyed by your opponent, either by battle and card effect), could be worded to (this is treated as if those cards were destroyed by battle or by an opponent’s card effect). The swapping clause is also player-state, so it shouldn’t have to target as cost. The effect is also unclear, by using “them” as a term to describe the monsters being swapped.

Total (36/100)

[spoiler=Kirika Akatsuki, The Eternal Zhanzheng]

[spoiler=Submission]

IGivoLm.jpg

Balance/Utility/Mechanic (33/60): So, DARK monsters gain a 2950 beater that’s Summon-able on either player’s turn, and recycles itself by dodging targeting? Seems pretty overkill, especially considering its summoning requirement isn’t the most difficult thing to pull off (Dark Grepher or Armageddon Knight = free 2950 Beater w/ float). It also enables easy access for Rank 8 engines, which could be nutty for some DARK decks. The consistency of this card would also be high, as it’d be a free discard outlet for Zombies, and splashable into any decks with a DARK engine.  It’d be nutty in Phantom Knights/Burning Abyss, giving them easy outs to large monsters w/o having to devote more than a Level 3 DARK monster to the field. Even though its summoning requirement doesn’t generate much value, its board presence more than makes up for it. It's one of those cards that can define an entire metagame, but even with all that said, it’s still possible to work around. The Warrior tag is fair, since not many DARK decks utilize this tag effectively. It can also tend to be a slow card, but again, board presence is too powerful. It’s not the most abusable card I’ve seen for all the crazy effects it has, but it poses too much of a threat based on its lack of restrictions, its ATK stats, level, and built-in protection.

Creativity/Flavor (30/30): Nice touch w/ the name there, having the literal chinese translation of War in its title (The Eternal War). Warrior and Zombie are fairly interchangeable here, but balance wise, the Warrior tag is far better. The effect, while not finely balanced, is perfect for this kind of card. Its imagery fits the look and feel of not only the card itself, but old-style YuGiOh cards in general. Everything screams polish, First 30/30 I’ve given thus far for this category. Great job!

OCG (10/10): Nailed it.

Total (73/100)

[spoiler=Enguin, Frightfur Patchwork King]

[spoiler=Submission]

Frightfur Patchwork King

DARK

[Fiend/Fusion/Effect]

✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪

ATK/3000 DEF/3000

3 "Frightfur" monsters

Must be Fusion Summoned using the above listed materials that were Fusion Summoned, and cannot be Special Summoned by other ways. You can only control 1 "Frightfur Patchwork King". When this card is Summoned: You can target 1 "Frightfur" monster in your Graveyard; Special Summon it. Cannot be destroyed by battle or card effects. Once per turn: You can Fusion Summon one monster from your Extra Deck, using monsters from your hand and/or field as materials. If you would Summon a "Frightfur" monster by this effect, you can also banish monsters from your Graveyard as Fusion materials. All "Frightfur" monsters you control gain 100 ATK for each card on the field.

Balance/Utility/Mechanic (48/60): I can see this being used. Frightfurs deserve an actual boss monster w/ more utility that has the potential to generate more advantage for the archetype if left untouched. Removal for this card is fairly easy, but it can open up an easy OTK w/ Tiger and Wolf on the same turn. Based on the wording, it seems you can use “Frightfur” monsters in your Graveyard w/ the right fusion spells, so long as those monsters were Fusion Summoned. This gives the archetype more late game potential and control elements (but you need 4 total in order to make use of its on-summon effect). It opens options for the archetype, but even with this card, it would still struggle from the same issues (poor removal, mediocre consistency, lack of backup plays and too much setup required to make a poseable threat if a board presence is already made). Still, giving the deck more reliable late-game tools is fantastic, even if getting to that stage is somewhat difficult.

Creativity/Flavor (24/30): Some interesting imagery could come of a card like this, sewing together all the different varieties of Fluffal and Frightfur monsters together into this behemoth of a Boss. Effect is what you’d expect out of a Frightfur boss, as it's a mish-mash of different aspects of the archetype.

OCG (8/10): Could use some clarification on the summoning requirements, perhaps adding “Originally Fusion Summoned” or something along those lines. Also, I believe “one” should be “1”, and the fusion clause should be “your side of the field” instead of just “field”. The condition of summoning a “Frightfur” by the effect should state “Fusion Summon”.

Total (80/100)

[spoiler=Archlight Lux, Assault Blackwing - Honjo the Heavy Rain]

[spoiler=Submission]

Assault Blackwing - Honjo the Heavy Rain

DARK / *10

Winged Beast / Synchro / Effect

2800 / 2400

1 Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuner monsters

If this card is Synchro Summoned using a "Blackwing" monster as Material, it is treated as a Tuner monster while face-up on the field. Cannot be targeted by your opponent's card effects. Once per turn: you can target 1 "Blackwing" monster in your Graveyard; Add that target to your hand, then, this card gain ATK equal to the ATK of the added monster. During your Battle Phase, If this card was Synchro Summoned using a Synchro monster as Material, it can attack all monsters your opponent controls once each.

Balance/Utility/Mechanic (51/60): Under the correct circumstances, this card is an easy OTK for Blackwings, but one that is not too overkill. This is the kind of card they needed; generating advantage for the archetype by adding back targets for Whirlwind, Blizzard for easy recyclable Synchro plays, Kalut for Damage Step shenanigans w/ this card’s multiattack functionality, and more. Even if you can’t find a way to Synchro into it w/ a synchro monster, you can just make it using 2 Blackwings, and generate a recovery play for next turn w/ a 4000+ monster. However, it’s too much that it retains its ATK buff permanently, making it a threat on the board constantly, and nearly impossible to get over for some decks. Meta-wise, it’s very tolerable, but it can be easily abusable because of its adding effect being OPT, and its attack buff stacking. I’m not sure if this was an oversight or intentional, but this aspect of the card, topped with the multi-attacks, might be too much. Even still, it embodies the strengths of the decks, while enabling new and powerful options that the archetype well needs. On a side note, it is disappointing that, as a generic monster, it’s worse than Leo.

Creativity/Flavor (24/30): It hits all the checkboxes for an Assault Blackwing Synchro, while also offering the archetype more beneficial and unique options. Nothing out of the ordinary for this kind of card, but it’s an actually good Assault Blackwing for once, so that’s nice.

OCG (9/10): incorrect capitalization on the last sentence w/ “Synchro monster”. 3rd effect could have potentially been worded differently.

Total (82/100)

[spoiler=AsdfDuelist, D/D/D Legendary Swordsman King Musashi]

[spoiler=Submission]

D/D/D Legendary Swordsman King Musashi
[ DARK / Rank 7 ]
[ Fiend / Xyz / Effect ]
2 or more Level 7 "D/D" monsters
You can also Xyz Summon this card by using a Rank 5 "D/D/D" Xyz Monster you control as the Xyz Material. (Xyz Materials attached to that monster also become Xyz Materials on this card.) If Summoned this way, the following effect cannot be activated this turn. Once per turn: You can destroy any amount of other face-up "D/D" or "Dark Contract" cards you control, up to the number of Xyz Materials attached to this card +1, and if you do, destroy the same amount of cards destroyed by this effect on your opponent's side of the field. If a face-up "D/D" or "Dark Contract" card(s) you control would be destroyed by a card effect, except by the effect of this card: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card instead of destroying 1 of those cards. If this card is destroyed by battle, or if this card in its owner's possession leaves the field by an opponent's card effect: You can target 1 Level 7 or lower "D/D" monster in your Graveyard; Special Summon it, but its effects are negated. You can only control 1 face-up "D/D/D Legendary Swordsman King Musashi".
[ ATK 2750 / DEF 0 ]

Balance/Utility/Mechanic (14/60): This is an odd inclusion into the archetype. I can’t see this benefitting D/D/D’s in a significant way. First off, it’s summoning requirement takes up a ton of extra deck space, considering you have to run “D/D/D Marksman King Tell”, which also has to be overlaid on “D/D/D Wave King Caesar” in order to not waste your Level 7 monsters (Unless you can make Marksman using the 2 Level 5 “D/D” monsters in the archetype, which is far less consistent and worthwhile than using Caesar). Thematically, it’s a step-up from the other “D/D/D King” monsters used for its summoning, but mechanically it makes no sense. It protects “D/D” or “Dark Contract” cards from destruction, while also being able to destroy them to non-target destroy on your opponent’s side of the board. The problem of the deck isn’t the cards remaining face-up, it’s generating advantage from those face-up cards without dying from the burn damage every Standby Phase. By removing those cards for the destruction during your turn, you’re actually crippling the one tool the deck has to pressure your opponent during the turns after. The reason “D/D/D Oracle King D’Arc” is so heavily relied on, is because it balances the downside of leaving your spells face-up, which is what you want in order to consistently generate advantage. Even if you were in a desperate situation to remove your cards in order to stay alive, you’d have to do so by summoning this guy naturally, which is bad, considering this card is worse than the materials being used. This card’s floating effect is fairly decent, but negating the effects of the summoned monster doesn’t make its trade-off for the destruction effect good enough. A very confused card, considering the archetype already has a significantly better boss monster to begin with.

Creativity/Flavor (12/30): It fits with the rest of the “King” Xyz monsters, and it does have some synergy w/ King Caesar. However, as stated above, it doesn’t work as a boss theme because the archetype already has better bosses. It’s not filling any voids the archetype has, and doesn’t provide interesting or necessary options already found in the archetype.

OCG (9/10): Mostly correct, but the floating effect’s OCG is cluttered.

Total (35/100)

[spoiler=ᔤᓋᘢᒷᖴᓾᖆᕩ, Netzach, The Eternal Overlord]

[spoiler=Submission]

hfCfqwQ.png

Balance/Utility/Mechanic (31/60): This is an interesting card,  but its design is not very clear to me. In order for me to properly review this card, I have to break down its effect by parts, so let’s go ahead and do that:

1. Its Summoning Condition is awkward, to say the least. It’s a SS from grave at any point by shuffling 2 Fairy-Types from hand, grave, or field, while also shuffling itself during the End Phase. Unless you have other banished cards to use this guy in combination with, it could be difficult to properly summon and obtain value out of this card. However, it has no restrictions on other methods of summoning, which could be incredibly scary combined with Valhalla, Hall of the Fallen, COTH, or other summoning cards. Shuffling to summon doesn’t offer further benefits for fairies (since they have a hard enough time getting stuff into the grave as-is), rather, it’s the massive utility this card has. I can imagine some kind of crazy Chaos Fairy decks being created based on this summoning method alone.

2. I guess it’s ok? There isn’t really a position where you want to banish your own fairies, unless you’re looking to summon those monsters banished by Netzach that same turn. At the very least, it’s optional, but I can’t see the necessity in including a continuous effect like this, especially since it leaves board at the End Phase if summoned off its own clause.

3. Yeah, this is when things get crazy. While you can’t loop Netzach into Netzach with this summoning effect, if used in the right situations, it could open up some crazy board states and potential OTK’s. Some nutty stuff could be done with Archlord Kristya and Master Hyperion, being able to banish materials to bring them out with Netzach and re-kindle board states for free. Key word on Master Hyperion, as Sanctuary in the Sky opens extended plays with more Fairy-Type monsters being summoned off its clause. Not even that, it can also summon ANY monsters that are banished, making for some insane deck building potential.

I both admire and am terrified of this card. It enables new and interesting strategies with a variety of decks, while also enabling Fairy-Type decks a new means of rekindling lost board states, and regenerating resources. However, It’s too splashable for the type of engines it's trying to support, and could inevitably be abused in practically every other deck except fairies. BUT, and this is a big but, those decks abusing this card would have to run engines to make this card more consistent to summon (since its level 10), and are probably decks that are non-archetype specific, or new kinds of decks never seen before. It’s difficult to put this card on a scale in terms of current meta balance, but with the right cards released, it would always stay relevant in some fashion or another (Black Luster Soldier or Dark Armed Dragon, for instance).  From a design perspective however, it would only stay relevant based on how much its summoning effects could be abused, since it doesn’t technically require fairy monsters in order to summon it via other means.

Creativity/Flavor (29/30): This actually feels like a boss of fairies, considering he brings them into the battlefield from the banished zone, and synergizes with Sanctuary in the Sky. The artwork and style of effect all work well for this kind of card, as they all are angelic in nature. Very quality work tying the entire theme together.

OCG (8/10): “a turn” should be “the turn”, the clause “While this card is face-up on the field:” does not need to exist, as it's a continuous effect already applying as it stays face-up. It also doesn’t require a colon, as that signifies a condition to trigger, even though it is a non-triggering effect.

Total (68/100)

[spoiler=Lord Dolphin, Aromage Tagates]

[spoiler=Submission]

Aromage Tagetes|  LV8

WIND | Plant | Effect

2800/1400

----

While your LP are higher than your opponent's, during either player's turn: You can pay 1000 LP; Special Summon this card (from your hand or Graveyard). If this card is Special Summoned this way: You can Special Summon 1 "Aromage" monster from your Deck, except "Aromage Tagetes", but its effects are negated until the end of this turn. You can only use this effect of "Aromage Tagetes" once per turn.

Balance/Utility/Mechanic (17/60): LP is an actual cost for Aromages, but making this guy is incredibly easy, considering pretty much everything in the deck can boost LP’s over your opponent, so it’s negligible. It can be used at any point in either player’s turn, so you can SS this guy, then SS another Aromage (like Jasmine) at the end of your turn or your opponent’s turn, and starting your next turn by drawing 2 cards (if you have the field spell up due to jasmine eff). This card would be relatively balanced if it wasn’t a grave or hand clause (which just enables the deck to consistently bring out monsters), but even then, it doesn’t fit the theme of the deck well. Its effect doesn’t line up with the other monsters in the archetype, as it lacks synergy unless you meet its summoning clause. While this would be a powerful option in Aromages, this doesn’t do so in a fair or interesting way. Adding speed to an archetype is fine, but not if it transforms the core design entirely. This can be seen through it’s abuse of Rank 8 engines by consistently Summoning this card (since only the SS from Deck is restricted). Only by name and its SS from Deck effect keep it an Aromage card.

Creativity/Flavor (8/30): Some of my thoughts on this section leaked over to the Balance section, but I don’t find this a unique or interesting mechanic for Aromages. The card doesn’t fit the archetype, just filling a void by making it rely solely on a SS from deck abuse. It’s a fairly interchangeable effect, but its name and attribute do fit.

OCG (9/10): “If this card is Special Summoned this way” could have been trimmed to “If Summoned this way:”.

Total (34/100)

[spoiler=Royal Paladin, Underworld Invasion Tower]

[spoiler=Submission]

AzvU1Se.jpg

Balance/Utility/Mechanic (29/60): This is a good utility card for Zombie-Type decks that can make Rank 5 monsters (or any generic Rank 6 deck, due to Pilgrim Reaper). Giving them a non-targetable by monster effs card that is 3000+ in most situations, is pretty good. It also has a SSing effect, by summoning Zombie-Type monsters from either player’s grave (Zombie World is especially good in this scenario). It also has further utility, by milling out cards from your opponent’s deck each time you summon a Zombie-Type monster. Mostly because of its Summoning clause requiring Rank 5 Zombie monster as the material, it isn’t highly abusable in Rank 4 or Synchro Zombie decks, which would otherwise be game breaking. It's not an overkill card, considering most decks that can make this are fairly slow and lack powerful backup plays. If archetypes in the future were released that could make this consistently, then it would open SSing loops and banishing FTK’s potentially, which could be pretty scary. It’s potential for abuse is high, so long as a deck can make multiples of these, and SS more materials to banish cards from your opponent’s deck, and make more Invasion Towers. Perhaps some extra restrictions could have been added to prevent this from happening.

Creativity/Flavor (20/30): The artwork is nice, and it is a nice culmination of different effects for Zombie-type monsters, but doesn’t do stand out much. It fits its niche fine, and everything is serviceable.

OCG (9/10): “Banish” shouldn’t be capitalized, “card.)” should have period after parenthesis, and “any Graveyard” should be worded “either player’s Graveyard”.

Total (58/100)

[spoiler=Champion0, Armed Angel]

[spoiler=Submission]

bea79481676d2c483ea01391cc592177.jpg

Balance/Utility/Mechanic (5/60): This is a weird card. It’s either strictly underpowered, or insanely broken. There really isn’t much to this card, so I’ll just break it down based on the number of tributes:

1. Really poor, becomes a 1500 monster requiring 1 tribute.

2. Still bad, but slightly better. There are way worse cards you can Tribute Summon for 2, but those were either seen only in early early YuGiOh, or those playing their 1st vanilla monster deck. So yeah, pretty bad.

3. We went from crappy to absolute godly. Having a 4500 monster that’s unaffected by card effects is really insane. When you compare it to god cards, they all have their own unique forms of protection, but none are generic “protected by everything” cards. While it can have its summoning responded to, under certain circumstances, this card can immediately win games.

For an Ace card, it’s pretty uninspired. I guess giving you multiple tribute options in a single card is interesting, but not if the effects are so polarizing in effectiveness. When you have both extremes in a single card, that doesn’t scream good card design under any stretch of the imagination.

Creativity/Flavor (2/30): I don’t know what to make of this. It’s an Armed Angel (which is confusing in itself, considering all the Angels are supposed to be submissive), while also being a DARK monster, and being a Warrior. The effect also doesn’t correlate with the theme of the card, as it offers no removal or destruction (since it’s, you know, armed). Also, the image… I understand you’re trying to be original in your artwork, but you can always give credit to the artist you use, instead of making the card look more like a 5 minute Microsoft Paint-esque Joke Card. Seems like absolutely no thought was put into this submission whatsoever.

OCG (3/10): I had to assume most of the mechanics, simply because it doesn’t follow OCG at all. There is no PSCT (Problem Solving Corrected Text), the terminology in a lot of places is wrong, and some of the OCG you did use was unnecessary. However, capitalization was correct for the most part. I’d recommend using some of the OCG posts in the Advanced Card Design Sub-Forum for future submissions.

Total (10/100)

[spoiler=Yami Muddy, Thunderclap Gateway Dragon]

[spoiler=Submission]

h2A9Rrl.jpg

Balance/Utility/Mechanic (34/60): Interesting idea, attempting to focus on Thunder-Type monsters. This would become an instant staple in most Thunder-Type decks, simply for its adding effect alone. Being able to recover 2 of any Thunder-Type is unbelievably good, and the splashability with any Tuner is also highly welcome. Because of the OPT on the adding effect, there isn’t much potential for abuse here, but it does allow the player to add back all materials used for this card’s Synchro Summoning, making it a free Level 8 monster (so long as the tuner and non-tuner are Thunder-Type). However, given the current pool of cards available, and all the major Thunder-Type archetypes usable (Batteryman, Wattz, & Pahunder/Mahunder), the Pahunder/Mahunder archetype is the only one that has anyway of making this. Batteryman and Wattz can’t get a tuner easily, and Pahunder/Mahunder gain the additional normals to summon Prism, which can equip to Thunderclap after being used as a Synchro Material. In the right situations, this can actually create an immediate OTK w/ Prism & Thunderclap, but it’s fairly easy to out, and you need more Thunder or Dragon-Types in your Grave to generate the lost advantage from its cost (spell/trap removal, trap responses, having a single monster on board, etc). While it’s nice to give these archetypes a recurring engine w/ some potential OTK shenanigans, it requires a majority of these decks to run Synchro mechanics in order to use this card. Currently, it only impacts one archetype (which I mentioned before) in a minor way, but any future archetypes that can make this would certainly benefit from its adding effect. However, it’s anything but a Boss Monster for all Thunder-Types. It's one of those odd cases where being too fair is actually a bad thing when trying to push a neglected typing.

Creativity/Flavor (26/30): Gotta give you props, this card certainly looks and feels like a YuGiOh Dragon Synchro. Gotta love those wonky-named Level 7 & 8 Dragon Synchros that Konami consistently loves to push out, and this fits the bill. However, the effect is relatively tame for the type of style it's trying to emulate. Still a creative card nevertheless.

OCG (9/10): Used a Colon instead of a Semi-Colon on the cost of the adding effect. Not sure if you wanted to make the “or” for its banishing effect an “and/or”, but I thought I’d point that out. Everything else is good.

Total (69/100)

[spoiler=Hexanort, Fire King High Avatar Megarunix]

[spoiler=Submission]

0NdFtbA.jpg

Balance/Utility/Mechanic (46/60): Before anything, let me start by breaking this card apart by each of its effects:

• Summoning Condition is all over the place. I understand what you were going for, but it can’t trigger as an effect while in the Extra Deck, the same way monster effects cannot trigger from the Deck (since they’re technically not in-play at that point). It would have to be an inherent mechanic while it's in the Extra Deck (look up Chimeratech Fortress Dragon or Ritual Beasts to see what I’m talking about). Also, the required materials said “2 FIRE monsters”, but the summoning condition said “including a FIRE monster”, so is it one or two?

• Drawback for its summoning condition is understandably fair, considering you can net more advantage and board presence off its summoning condition alone.

• Protection is pretty mediocre, but I feel that’s strictly for protection of your own effects, rather than your opponents. It’s nice to include this, so Garunix doesn’t destroy this card and you immediately lose your investment.

• Having a non-targeting destruction on-board or hand removal is incredibly powerful. It synergizes w/ the archetype (although, not sure how much more destruction you need if you were able to make this card) and poses an immediate threat to your opponent.

• This effect felt unnecessary. While I understand the Garunix mechanic needed to be put in for consistency purposes w/ the archetype, having it be a Speed 1 revival effect during your Main Phase isn’t much better than just making it from your Extra Deck during that same turn. True, it becomes very difficult to actually prevent your opponent from making this card, but the mechanic feels clunky compared to the rest of the card.

This is a very solid option for Fire Kings, aside from some clunky design in a few areas. The ability to make this without loosing any major advantage, and its OPT non-targeting destruction posing a threat while it remains on the board, is very good. It's not overkill, considering its hard OPT, so you can’t loop itself multiple times in order to remove your opponent’s field/hand, and other cards you control. It’s just enough to give the archetype a leg-up, while also being an actually threatening boss monster.

Creativity/Flavor (30/30): The 2nd 30/30 I’ve ever given. Everything from the artwork, to its summoning mechanics and effects, it feels like a genuine Boss Monster for the archetype. This is impressive, as Garunix always felt like enough of a boss for the deck as-is, but this card proved me wrong. I would adore seeing this in the game after some polish was included. Excellent work here!

OCG (5/10): Yeah, like I said, some severe mechanical problems with the OCG in regards to its summoning condition. Also some clunky wording and missing clauses (you need a “During your Main Phase”, or some other form of trigger wording for the destruction effect, considering you have a hard OPT on all its effects).

Total (81/100)

[spoiler=Donar, Crazed Caleuche]

[spoiler=Submission]

TNMXfIk.jpg

Design/Utility/Mechanic (11/60): Yep. Skull Servant, that’s what this is used for. Plaguespreader + 1 Skull Servant = a full board of monsters. Perhaps there’s something major I’m glancing over, but it’s a generic Level 3 Synchro that’s Zombie-Type and a Pendulum. Mechanically,  It’s a cluster of effects, typings and mechanics that don’t seem to warrant it being a generic Synchro card. Its Pendulum Zone effect is pretty decent, and the discard effect seems to verify my idea of Zombie-Type decks making this, but it doesn’t mesh well with its on-summon effect. I can’t wrap my head around this one, it’s all over the place design-wise. While it can potentially swarm a board with The Lady in the Wight and Wightprince, you’re most likely using your King Skull Servant to make this card w/ a Level 2 Tuner regardless, so you’ll have less materials in the grave to work with due to Wightprince’s summoning clause. Again, a big cluster of mechanics that don’t mesh, and attempts to be a generic boss while only really working in Skull Servant decks.

Creativity/Flavor (19/30): This is more of an acid trip than a YuGiOh card (definitely puts the term “monster” to good use). Still has some creative mechanics in it, albeit all over the place thematically.

OCG (8/10): Terminology should be “the same name” instead of “that name” for the SSing effect, and the destruction clause shouldn’t have a colon, considering it has the wording “would”, which means it happens before the destruction, meaning it doesn’t need to trigger.

Total (38/100)

[spoiler=Red-Eyes Darkness Liepard, Infinity Supreme Moth - Legend Moth]

[spoiler=Submission]

Infinity Supreme Moth - Legend Moth

Lvl 12, 4000/4000, EARTH, Insect

Cannot be Normal Summoned/Set. Must be Special Summoned by tributing a "Petit Moth" equipped with "Cocoon of Evolution" which has destroyed a monster by battle and sent it to the Graveyard, and cannot be Special Summoned by other ways. This card cannot be targeted or destroyed by battle or card effects, and is unaffected by monster effects. When this card declares an attack: Negate the effects of all other cards on the field. During either player's turn: You can banish 1 EARTH Insect-Type "Moth" monster, or 1 "Cocoon of Evolution", from your hand or Graveyard; banish 1 card on the field.

Balance/Utility/Mechanic (39/60): Well, it’s certainly a Boss Monster. That Summoning Condition alone is an achievement, more so than what the card actually does. It’s like a different kind of win condition, that requires you devote an entire deck towards making a single play that, while not very effective, will probably end up leaving your opponent conceding after witnessing its summoning actually pulled off (Time Wizard, anybody?). I can’t judge this based on a level of applicability or scale, considering it’s, well, Petit Moth. It’s surprisingly balanced and well-designed when it hits field, considering the impossible summoning condition needed. It’s not abusable with “A Wild Monster Appears!”, so that’s nice. It’s still sad that it’s not the absolute most broken thing ever, cause it’s actually almost impossible to Summon. Can’t really review this in terms of Balance or Utility, because it has none of those, but its mechanics were thought out well for the type of card it is.

Creativity/Flavor (27/30): Gotta give you props for submitting a Moth monster for the competition, as this old archetype actually embodied the truest form of a Boss Monster. Was it terrible? Yeah, but it’d be great if something like this was introduced, just to give incentive to actually try and make it. It’s a tried and true Moth card, and once again, feels like what Great Moth was back then. Name is kinda redundant however. 

OCG (9/10): “This card” doesn’t need to be included w/ the protection clause, and Negate doesn’t need to be capitalized.

Total (75/100)

[spoiler=JuanoGS11, Crimson Night Vampire Dragon]

[spoiler=Submission]

1s55FEp.jpg

Balance/Utility/Mechanic (23/60): Not really sure how you’d make this in Vampires. They have no in-engine Tuners, and would have to solely rely on other Zombie-Type support cards. Whether or not it’d be consistent enough to warrant running those other cards (Plaguespreader, for one) is a different story. If it is made though, that effect is absolutely terrifying! Pulling 3 cards out of your opponent’s deck, hand and field are all incredibly terrifying, and is definitely worth putting the materials in (if you can make it). It also has a decent generic effect, able to negate a single Graveyard effect. Not really worth it overall, but giving it some generic utility is always welcome. Not too overly impressed with this one, as it lacks cohesiveness with the archetype, and doesn’t offer enough benefits for being made in other scenarios.

Creativity/Flavor (14/30): Vampires needed a Dragon Synchro? Yeah, not too sure on that one. Its secondary effect is also pretty meh, in comparison to the amazing first effect that works tremendously well with the archetype (again, if you can make it). Again, lacks the basic characteristics of a good boss for the archetype, so thematically it’s pretty meh.

OCG (7/10): Pretty sure you meant to say “1 or more Non-Tuner monsters” instead of “non-monsters”, and the first effect has some clunky wording. Some OCG is incorrect on the second effect’s condition as well.

Total (44/100)

[spoiler=Totals]

1. Archlight Lux: 84/100
  2. VCR_CAT: 83/100
  3. Hexanort: 81/100
  4. Enguin: 80/100
  5. Red-Eyes Darkness Liepard: 75/100
  6. Kirika Akatsuki: 73/100
  7. Yami Muddy: 69/100
  8. Soulfire: 68/100
  9. Royal Paladin: 58/100
  10. Trebuchet MS: 56/100
  11. YamiNekoChan: 45/100
  12. JuanoGS11: 44/100
  13. Donar: 38/100
  14. The Taken King: 36/100
  15. Lord's Blade Kana: 36/100
  16. AsdfDuelist: 35/100
  17. Lord Dolphin: 34/100
  18. Spell Counter King: 18/100
  19. Champion0: 10/100

Terribly sorry for the wait, I worked my very best to get this out in time. Took me over 12 hours total to write this all out ~

tumblr_nn86txD5di1rvr5jyo4_400.gif

[spoiler=The Taken King - Zamal, The Sky Render]
Utility/Mechanic: It’s… a generic Towers, but heftier to summon, and technically has asynergy with Pendulums. Why? Towers design isn’t exactly healthy, overall, so this is just an all-or-nothing Towers monster. It’s either going to be too good or unplayable, leaning towards the latter. It’s not even the kind of Towers that has some weaknesses, just the full blown deal, leaving only Kaiju as a real weakness, I assume in an attempt to make it playable.

I won’t take points off for balance here, obviously, but… It’s not exactly great in utility or mechanics, only serving as an overkill win condition, and honestly terrible in the places you intended to be its best uses.

10/40

Flavor: Is there any flavor here? I googled Zamal and I find an island with that name, not much else. It just seems to be a divine demon? But what part of that has to do with the effect? The only thing I can figure is that it’s a demon thus dealing with the dead, but then why does it count S/T?

It seems like you slapped its attribute onto it for LS and its type for Infernoid, but that doesn’t equate to flavor, just a weak attempt to justify its usage in those areas/relation to them.

5/30

Balance: It’s a Towers. They aren’t exactly balanced design.

This also overlaps into Utility somewhat, due to the fact that it’s… likely unplayable, but hey.

2/10

Creativity: This is completely unoriginal. It’s a big ass beater with Towers clause. Core idea really isn’t appreciable.

0/10

OCG: It’s correct, I think. Shrug.

10/10

TOTAL: 27 points

[spoiler=Spell Counter King - Furnace Moltius, Ignight Lord]
Utility/Mechanic: First thing, really… The Pendulum Effect doesn’t really work? This mixes in with OCG a bit, I assume, but the card isn’t clear. If it’s a maximum of 2, but you can’t select what goes under it (as per your wording), seeing as you have to put all of them under it as-is, it simply doesn’t work.

Also not sure why it doesn’t gain ATK instead of having ATK losing effects, other than an inelegant attempt to justify Skill Drain abuse?

Even then, the card is horribly inelegant in general, screaming “let me shove 50 effects onto a card.”

I guess there was an attempt here, but it’s overcompensating as hell, and the card does too much for no real reason.

5/40

Flavor: I haven’t read the card as of this moment, but I have a strong feeling you’re going to get a big zero here.

After reading… Yep, you get a zero. Igknights have wildly varying levels, an implied relation to Synchronization (Synchros; Ignister), and it just seems like an attempt to cash on the way the deck is run, not the way it’s designed.

Naming scheme, actual effects, lack of a partner, and so forth are out of line, as well. And wtf is with the LP gain?

0/30

Balance: I’ll be honest, it’s such a clusterfuck I’m not even sure. Time to go diving yet again.

It does too much and it does it all over the place. The fact that, once it hits the board, it’s not really going away is just… Huh? You made it do too much, yet requires some hoops to jump through for it. And it’s also a 3K beater on demand, provided you fixed the wording, as well.

2/10

Creativity: It’s not creative. It’s incredibly bland design made from copy/pasting monsters and cards into a frankenstein. Core idea is in no way appreciable.

0/10

OCG: This is impossible to decipher without separating each line.

0/10

TOTAL: 8 points

[spoiler=YamiNekoChan - The Phantom Knight Death Lord]
Utility/Mechanic: I guess it’s playable, and it’s a generic Xyz Change for PK, which have all of 1 Xyz Monster…

But the actual mechanics don’t make sense. This is another example of throwing a bunch of effects onto a card, and there are no real further indications of connections to PK other than loosely related effects.

It’s inelegant, weirdly generic, and all around just… idgi. You can’t even hardcast it, considering the 3x5 condition, which means this isn’t something viable to Breaksword into, even if you run the shitty 4s.

And I know other archetypes, like Digital Bugs, have done this, but… Digital Bugs.

15/40

Flavor: This was made before we got RUM-TPKoL, so I’ll let it slide in that regard.

It still seems… out of place. A 2-mat R4 with more themed effects would make a lot more sense, seeing as the deck has 4s/ability to make R4 but no R4, as of now. It’s like you skipped a stage and advanced to part 3.

And, as I noted, the effects are all… very loosely connected. They do fit in, somewhat, but they feel forced.

10/30

For effort.

Balance: The more I do this, the more balance and utility kinda blend together…

Anyway, the absolute lack of restrictions on ranking it up seems wrong, given it’s completely free. This isn’t like Caesar -> Tell in D/D/D, where you get a weaker body, meh effect, and worse float for giving up value, so it’s just not right.

It doesn’t seem overwhelming, but it still falls on the wrong side of balance, somewhat.

5/10

Creativity: Not really creative. It’s no abomination, though it does try too hard. It just isn’t really creative, just a mix and match of semi-related effects. The core idea is there, but I’d have like to see more.

3/10

OCG: I can see a flaw, but it’s overall very easy to read.

9/10

TOTAL: 42 points

I must say I was a little disappointed here. It’s not that it’s bad, but it’s somewhat uninspired, not really connected, and just… kinda there? You did so well with the last contest, so I just had higher expectations. Not bad, not good. A 42 here isn’t the same as a 42 on a test.

[spoiler=Trebuchet MS - Ancient Gear Gadjiltron Hydra]
You get brownie points for ace monster stats… Okay not really, but glad that SOMEONE did it.

Utility/Mechanic: Multi-material Xyz like this tend to be a bad idea. With the exception of Crumble Logos, who has yet to be released, Xyz of this ilk tend to be a bit… abusable.

It’s fine as a 3-mat Xyz, as most of this ilk tend to be, but it gets more and more overkill as you go. This type of design just… It encourages going balls in for a stupid boss, similar to a Towers, and that’s not good encouragement.

Overall it’s fine, but it does have issues.

25/40

Flavor: Mm… It’s mostly fine, though I have some issues with it being an Ancient Gear Xyz. AG are associated with the Fusion Dimension in the latest canon, enemies of Xyz, so mixing… Doesn’t seem right. At all.

I feel like it should have been a nod to AG, but not an actual AG. Like… IDK, just switch it up some. OR Just make it a Gadjiltron, thus making Gadjiltron is own thing that happened to overlap with AG.

I also think you should have required gadgets of different NAMES, to be more loyal to the Gadjiltrons, though this is something likely sacrificed for utility.

15/30, because some intent was definitely put in, it just came out a little… muddled.

Balance: Good 3-mat, solid 2 mat, maybe a bit too good. I know Delteros is a generic 3-mat, but I don’t like that you overlapped the removal effect. It’s not broken, but it’s not perfectly balanced for the ease of summoning, plus the balls deep issue from earlier.

6/10

My opinions can’t sway it entirely against you here, but it needs work.

Creativity: Core idea is nice and there. I’m not sure how I feel about giving Xyz to Ancient Gear, albeit as Gadget Support, though. Feels like it should have been an offshoot, but that’s a flavor opinion…

Nothing astounding, nothing bland.

7/10

OCG: Not the easiest to understand, due to formatting, and there is a slight error with the 1 effect. Colon should have been a comma, because that effect wouldn’t be one that starts a chain.

5/10

TOTAL: 58 points

[spoiler=VCR_CAT - Wings of the Legend - X-Kaiser]
Oh hi tribrute with dpolice type name

Utility/Mechanic: It’s a 4K beater for 2 10s… or a generic 2800, most likely? There are some issues in this design, namely overlooking that discarding a monster isn’t really… a cost, a lot of the time. BA, PK, SQ, Zombies, and so-forth exist, and that makes this mechanic seem a little off.

It’s still too generic, despite your efforts, and it gets ridiculously harder to summon at lower Ranks, rather exponentially fast. Ironic, really, as I feel it scales a bit too hard at the end, given 5+ requires 1 discard… but 4 requires 2, 3 requires 3, 2 requires 4, and 1 requires /9/. Provided the deck is made of monsters of all the same level.

And this would be fine, except… You get less reward for doing so. Discarding 9 Lv. 1s gets you a 2200. That is really underwhelming.

It’s a little too strong for 4+, and a little too weak for 3 and lower. Which is a matter of fine-tuning

I like the protection effect, though, and I think it was a neat idea to work around with.

I was going to give this a 20, given a 50/50 on the design… But after reading your thoughts, I came back and added on in areas.

I feel like this doesn’t hit the mark just right. I really appreciate the idea, especially for the protection, but… it falls short. The weakness of something so generic for 1-3 really saddens me, while it’s situationally insane for R4, and consistently solid for 5+, while still mitigating drawbacks. Hell, you can just slap this on Castel by discarding Brick Clown and Garnet, or some such sheet, which effectively just converts dead drawn advantage into a 2800 with protection. Not godly or anything, just a solid use.

18. It’s slightly below 20, because I appreciate what you did here, but it feels not quite up to par, which is what 20 would be.

18/40

Flavor: I like the idea that it propels people to legendary status, as their “Wings”. I feel like that was clever, and I appreciate it. Of course, this isn’t a card that has a lot of flavor outside of that…

I mean, I can see the 200x gain being that it’s a legend that rose from whatever, but the point remains. I feel like I could have seen more flavor here, so while I appreciate what you did, I’d like you to do a bit more in the future.

23/30

Balance: Mostly fine, just isn’t completely refined, and I explained this with Utility, tbh. The balance fairs a bit better than the design itself, though.

7/10

Creativity: It’s somewhat innovative, the core idea is appreciable, and it does a decent job of it, even with the shortcomings.

7/10

OCG: Perfectly easy to understand.

10/10

TOTAL: 65 points

[spoiler=Lord's Blade Kana - Kinnara, The Grand Order]
Utility/Mechanic: Hhhhoooold up. The summoning alone makes no sense.

Why is it an extra NS instead of a hard OPT SS? To avoid vanity? That seems poorly done.

Why does it count it as the opp destroying it? Is it just meant to abuse cards that are otherwise slow? It already does that, but now with cards with limits on them.

This feels like convoluted design without reason. And after reading your design notes… I was right. This is really hurting the creativity point, as you basically just did things for the hell of it, and it reflects in the design. It’s not that this card is unplayable, it’s that it makes no sense. At least I kinda get what was intended?

10/40

Flavor: There is no context here. Just funk everything.

0/30

Balance: You made a card to blatantly screw the rules. Without reason or flavor.

0/10

Creativity: See above.

0/10

OCG: It’s understandable. That’s the best thing I can say about it.

9/10, for a minor error.

TOTAL: 19 points

[spoiler=Kirika Akatsuki - The Eternal Zhanzheng]
Utility/Mechanic: I like the idea… But I think you were a little too free with it.

It has to be outed like a Towers, because it doesn’t die. It dodges and survives. And there’s no drawback for something targetting it immediately, because it can’t be targeted twice in that chain. It just becomes something new on the cheap.

And it makes Armageddon Knight a 1-card pseudo-Towers.Armageddon Knight is dumb, anyway, but that doesn’t remove the issue here. It’s a 141 that gets you a 2950 floater. It only “loses” to things that don’t target or destroy, but those aren’t even guaranteed to “permanently” deal with it.

I like the core idea, mechanic, and design. But the design is too open ended, and that seriously hurts it.

20/40, mostly for effort and thought.

Flavor: I wish there was more nod to it being a zombie, given the art/effect, but I get why the eternal WAR is a warrior. I feel like you could have made it count as both, tbh, to represent that it’s a restless spirit of the fallen more... but preferences.

I am also unsure how summoning more dark monsters, much less 5+, fits into the theme here, but I guess it’s a practicality thing over design. I get it’s to dodge and go on, but… is it supposed to be evil rulers? IDK.

Overall pleased with it, soooo

25/30

Balance: Like, really, my issue is that it’s just too hard to remove for how easy it is to cheat onto the board. Kudos for flavor, but there is an issue with not balancing flavor and playability, and the latter is too much.

This suffers more than the design itself, so…

3/10

Creativity: It’s nto super creative, but it does a very solid job in mixing design and flavor, even if it did go a bit too balls to the wall. I can appreciate the attempt.

5/10

OCG: Seems perfect.

10/10

TOTAL: 63 points

Close, but not quite. If I’m honest, this is my favorite so far (I’ll let you know if this doesn’t change: IT DID NOT), it’s just not quite refined enough. You did a good job, though, so keep it up.

[spoiler=Enguin - Frightfur Patchwork King]
Utility/Mechanic: Well, it certainly fills in the boss slot… But my problem is that it feels… uninspired. This is more for the creativity factor, though it does involve design, as well.

It feels like you just tried to fill in the emptiness in the deck with a cure all. One that takes effort, mind you, but the point remains. This means the design does shine, though the creativity and such facets… kinda suffer for it, as we go.

My big issue is that Sabre Tiger exists, and is… Honestly, a better version of this card. Sure, it lacks the fusion summoning, and this can summon out something else, but overall, Tiger is cheaper for more-or-less the same payoff. Not unplayable, not zomg.

30/40

Flavor: It seems fine, I guess. Nothing astounding, nothing ventured. It fits in fine. I’d just like to see more. It doesn’t try to find its own identity, it’s just a set of effects that work well. Sabre Tiger already does the revival thing, flavor aside, so it being a king doesn’t mean it does that. So where is it a king? The same place Sabre Tiger kinda falls in?

It needed more flavor work put in.

15/30

Balance: I’d argue it’s the slightest bit weak, due to Sabre Tiger, which makes it get a few points off.

7/10

Creativity: see above. It feels really uninspired, just a hole filler.

0/10

OCG: Discernible, near perfect, and in ways not worth nitpicking.

10/10

TOTAL: 62 points

[spoiler=Archlight Lux - Assault Blackwing - Honjo the Heavy Rain]
Utility/Mechanic: While less egregious, we have another example of a “do everything” card.

Can’t be targeted by card effects.

Gains ATK/regains advantage.

Gets to be Asura Priest if you laddered into it.

Any 2 of these would be more than enough, yet a third one was still tacked on. It’s just… inelegant, especially on a card that already has the capability to become a tuner.

It also co-exists with Leo in the same slot. While it’s probably worse overall, it still has the potential to be a Leo that also serves as 2800 board clear. Which… makes me think the targeting protection is the one that should have been left off here.

Then there’s the issue of the one effect being BOTH an add back and increase. Was that… necessary? That’s the type of effect that gets a drawback, not a secondary boon. Really inelegant, if not just plain poor design.

Effort went in here, but you did too much with it, and could have pulled back. Definitely SHOULD have.

15/40

Flavor: The fact that adding back gives you a buff and not a punishment REALLY upset me. Even before Black-Winged Dragon, BWs have had a self-punishment sub-theme, such as Against the Wind. Then there’s Zephyros, Decay the Ill Wind, and the associated Black-Winged Dragon and Darkrage. While it’s not a member, it is linked.

Instead you made it get a buff on top of a buff because… Reasons? Nevermind that it can be made for 2 cards, one of which is whirlwind. This mixes in with balance and design, but it’s a large flavor point.

It got the Assault Blackwing flavor right, so I’ll throw you a bone.

10/30

Balance: It does too much too efficiently, and can be made from Decay + Whirlwind, which is hardly bad. If not for the targeting protection and/or ATK gain, it would have fared better here.

3/10

Creativity: Does everything, but not in a unique way. Slapped together. Core idea is to fill in holes, tiniest bit put in.

1/10

OCG: Seems clear enough, no real issues.

10/10
TOTAL: 39 points

[spoiler=AsdfDuelist - D/D/D Legendary Swordsman King Musashi]
Foreword: You are designing in a TCG environment. I understand you designed with a different mindset in mind, but this is a group. A tournament. You should not and will not get special treatment, at least from me, because you designed with a different mindset.

Utility/Mechanic: The protection effect doesn’t work. The colon prevents it from working, as it needs to start a chain in order to use a continuous effect.

And it’s another of these multi-mats that lead to trouble. At least it doesn’t gain effects like that, just… design that’s too open ended.

On the bright side, this is the removal D/D wants and needs. And it’s protection.

It’s a better themed super scrap dragon with more specific targets. Not a lot to say, gets the job done. The +1 may be a bit too much, though.

The last effect is a blunder in design, though. “Unless you UtL me, I float lololol” is not a good design, and it detracts from an otherwise fine card.

20/40, it really got hurt by the float.

Flavor: Seems fine. I like the stats thing, though I wish you did something a bit more clear and less niche. I suppose that couldn’t be done, though, so it’s a slide.

30/30

Balance: Again, fine card that is horribly damaged by the float. It may not be the strongest float ever, but it’s still going to punish the opponent for removing removal.

5/10

Creativity: It’s a hole filler, but not in the unneeded/overdone way. It gives the deck what it needs, but it’s not overblown.

It’s not really creative, either, but… The idea is there, and that’s what this category is for.

8/10

OCG: Takes a reread, seems not quite right.

7/10

TOTAL: 70 points

[spoiler=ᔤᓋᘢᒷᖴᓾᖆᕩ - Netzach. The Eternal Overlord]
Utility/Mechanic: I just don’t know how to feel about this.

Sure, it’s a recurring 2800 beater… and it restocks your deck… But why? The banish retrieval is strong, but the overlap between ways to keep this consistently fueled/banish retrieval is rather slim.

It really could have been summoned from the hand, as well, for a level 10. You won’t be consistently making R10 with this, where R8/R7 would have been common to do, thus dodging the return to the deck. But this… can’t.

Its level is bad for Xyz/Synchro, it’s not the easiest to get into the grave, and it doesn’t reward the average deck much.

It’s strong, but it has no niche, and it’s a bit shy of solid design.

15/40

Flavor: Flavor seems pretty okay… No real issues with it. Thought was put into it, and that is something I appreciate.

30/30

Balance: Slightly weak, honestly, due to the lack of a true niche/not being summonable from the hand.

5/10

Creativity: Innovation was put into effect here, but I’;m not sure the creativity is well received. That said, it is appreciable.

7/10

OCG: Takes a reread or two, little wording issues.

5/10

TOTAL: 62 points

[spoiler=Lord Dolphin - Aromage Tagates]
Utility/Mechanic: I… look, I understand that bosses can break trends of design, as seen with things like Majespecter Unicorn or the Igknight bosses. But this isn’t really a boss.

It’s an easily summoned card that gives you the ability to sheet out value, albeit value that has no effect. It does nothing once it hits the board, and it just beats.

While the core design is… overkill, my issue is more that this doesn’t meet the theme. A boss isn’t a 1-time power play (per copy), it’s a card you would use as, well, a boss monster.

This is more suited to being, say, a weak Level 1. A 0/0 with effects, or something. Hell, even a Level 5 would make more sense. Or, even better, be a X Wind Trap.

This is just a “power spell” with a body, and it doesn’t even do much for the theme, aside from make it easier to gain LP off of dry wind. It doesn’t reward you for LP gain, beyond becoming live to be summoned… It just doesn’t fit. I’ve spilled into flavor, somewhat, but they’re rather intermingled here.

10/40

Card itself would get more, but it is, in no way, a boss monster. Others have teetered the line, namely Netzach and Zhanzheng

Flavor: I guess it has flavor, but it suffers from not fitting the deck, like… at all. Which is a big problem.

5/30 for effort.

Balance: It’s a 2800 that shits out itself and semi-vanilla advantage. For 1000 LP. Kinda dumb, given the theme. Ironically, doesn’t actually speed it up unless you already have setup.

5/10

Creativity: It’s not really innovative, nor is the core idea especially strong for a boss.

0/10

OCG: Easy to understand.

10/10

TOTAL: 30 points

[spoiler=Royal Paladin - Underworld Invasion Tower]
Utility/Mechanic: Honestly… Not that bad. I mean, there are a couple issues, but not too bad.

The big issue with the design is the fact its effects are live the turn it’s ranked up, moreso the revival effect, because that just… is odd. Should not be auto-live, especially since… Well, actually, noticed another flaw.

It can summon itself with itself. Which, given the current unrestricted state of the revival effect… means giving up 3 ed slots for 3 freeborns.

Both of these should have been handled better.

Then there’s the ATK gain. It’s… unneeded, rather overkill. It’s not a true towers, so I guess it’s to give it an edge, but we don’t WANT true Towers monsters.

You did a decent frame, but you did not whittle it down enough, so it looks a bit messy. Just be more careful when it comes to refining, okay?

20/40

Flavor: While I like it overall… This really isn’t a Towers, y’know? It’s not the same statline, like you said. Towers has the same stats as JD: 30/26.

You get a small penalty for that, but overall, good job. Soul-Absorbing Bone Tower was a nice nod.

27/30

Balance: Well… I’d like to give this a 10, but the design issues prevent me. Sadly, I have to give this a lower score.

3/10, too abusable as-is.

Creativity: Not really original, but a solid idea.

6/10

OCG: It seems slightly janky to me, but it’s clear enough.

5/10

TOTAL: 61 points

A marked improvement from you, which I’m very glad to see. Keep up the good work, because this was leaps and bounds from the last thing I covered of yours. Focus on refining your work.

[spoiler=Champion0 - Armed Angel]
Utility/Mechanic: Eeeh, it’s another example of design because why. Like it’s designed for Skill Drain, yet it’s… not? It can’t be NS’d without a tribute, though wording is unclear, so it’s just… why do that? Unorthodox doesn’t mean preferable, at all.

And then it varies from garbage to 4500 towers because… Yugioh?

This card seems really uninspired and ill thought out. Not much design was put into it.

5/40

Flavor: It’s an angel… who is a warrior… and dark… and armed… Where is any of this represented? Even the art lacks representation, and that part is optional.

I just don’t get it.

0/30

Balance: It’s like the first card, except more awkward with more instant payment. So, what did I give that one here?

Ah, yes:

2/10

More flexible, not more balanced.

Creativity: Completely uninspired design.

0/10

OCG: Annoying to read, with wording so bad I can tell that it’s wrong.
3/10

TOTAL: 10 points

[spoiler=Yami Muddy - Thunderclap Gateway Dragon]
Utility/Mechanic: Okay, sure, Thunder needs love… But a Synchro? That’s awkward to make outside of using Vylon Prism/random Lv. 4 Tuner + Ma/Pa/AAA/9V? Like, I know Watts exist, so I guess it can slide, but how are watts making this without negging themselves to do so…?

And the burst effect feels out of place, too. If this was based on King Ghidorah, I would understand, but it’s not, seemingly. So what gives?

It’s not that bad, though a bit OTK happy (glad it’s not a Trident Dragion), and the latter effect fits the Thunder type. It just feels… not quite right, somehow.

I will say that I like that it alternates between offense and defense, meaning you could summon this early to have a steady stream ala Omega, but it seems awks to run a mediocre tuner for it.

30/40

Flavor: See, where I said I wish that Zhanzheng was a zombie, I wish this wasn’t a dragon. Like… Why IS it a dragon? We have “dragons” that aren’t dragons, so why does this really need to be one, instead of just a thunder?

Same for its effect. The Dragon parts are just… so shoehorned. And out of place. I guess it’s maybe Number 91, but that’s so… niche, considering Synchros don’t even exist in that canon.

I guess the flavor, aside from that, is kinda Battery fitting, though. Just makes me wish it was tuned to them more than Watts/Hunder with Vylon Prism.

20/30

Balance: Seems fine overall, maybe a little too kill happy.

8/10

Creativity: Now this… can’t say it is. I like the core idea, but I cannot call it creative, as it feels like a bit of a Frankenstein ,albeit one that sorta fits multiple facets of the type.

5/10

OCG: Perfectly simple to understand.

10/10

TOTAL: 73 points

[spoiler=Hexanort - Fire King High Avatar Megarunix]
Utility/Mechanic: After the second summoning condition, I just stopped and went “No.”

Aside from the obvious OCG mistake that makes the card not function, it simply doesn’t make sense.

The card does too much, has hard OPTs slapped on, and was called good to go, but it just… isn’t.

It’s inelegant “screw the rules” design, and it doesn’t make sense. I guess I can see some intent, but still.

5/40

Flavor: Why is it a Fusion? How is this Garunix? Is there any context here at all?

0/30

Balance: It does too much, for no reason, and does it well.

3/10

Creativity: It is screwing the rules in an attempt to be a support card, and decided to go off on a special snowflake path to get there.

2/10

OCG: Terrible. A jumble with wording bad enough that I can tell.

0/10

TOTAL: 10 points

[spoiler=Donar - Crazed Caleuche]
Utility/Mechanic: Monster effect seems fine. Only amazing in one deck, and adorable otherwise. On to pendulum effect…

I… now this is incoherent. It supports low levels, but this effect means you want high levels…? The two generally don’t mix very well, so it’s designed for a non-existent niche. Well, aside from Piper, I guess.

That isn’t too bad, though. It’s an easily summoned 0 scale, but that’s hard to summon in decks that really abuse it. I like it, overall, just a bit… janky, I guess. I’m wary of the 0, even though the intent is clear.

However… this isn’t a boss. It’s a supporter that has the potential to be a sub-boss. So I have to take points off for that.

15/40

Flavor: If it’s apparent Skull Servant support… Why is it a WATER Boat? I mean, I get the mythos it’s from, but… ???

Also implied piper, so I guess that’s why. It can be what it wants to be.

Well, flavor is pretty on point. Moving on.

30/30

Balance: Seems fine. Potential to be strong, but requires silly decks for it. Treading into 0 scale so quickly isn’t very smooth, though.

8/10

Creativity: Core idea is there, seems reasonably inspired, just a bit goofy.

8/10

OCG: Seems fine, honestly. Easy to understand.

10/10

TOTAL: 71 points

[spoiler=Red-Eyes Darkness Liepard - Infinity Supreme Moth, Legend Moth]
Utility/Mechanic: So it’s the Legendary Fisherman III. Again. With more WTF for more effort.

Eh. It’s adorable, but it’s kinda just pack filler. It at least serves a purpose of an achievement, if nothing else. I mean, putting it on board is basically game, so…

15/40. It’s cute, but really, this sort of thing isn’t exactly a grand design.

Flavor: I’m not sure why killing something from within a cocoon causes this…? It seems like a real jump in logic.

0/30

Balance: Overkill or unplayable… Not really balanced.

0/10

Creativity: It’s just a mess of stupid protection and such overkill effects. It’s kinda a joke card.

2/10

OCG: There are flaws. Nothing major.

8/10

TOTAL: 25 points

[spoiler=JuanoGS11 - Crimson Night Vampire Dragon]
Utility/Mechanic: Why do people feel the need to force alternate summoning methods onto decks with summoning methods? Yeah, Uni-Zombie exists, doesn’t mean this should.

It’s a decent card as a semi-generic 10, but why does it exist at all? And, again, poor typing. Why is this not a zombie? It’s a vampiric dragon, it should at least COUNT as a Zombie, for utility AND flavor.

It’s a fine card, just not as a boss and not for Vampires.

10/40

Flavor: I don’t get why it’s a dragon. Or a Synchro. Or anything. A tuner for vampires is one thing, a synchro without a tuner is another. I know you said you made a lot of support, but this does not stand well alone.

0/30

Balance: It helps decks with DARK tuners shut out graveyard effects or things that target it. Shame one use isn’t going to save you most days, when it doesn’t even banish the card that tried to be funny or anything. Just… weak for the effort of Level 10.

5/10

Creativity: It’s just not!Trishula that ironically punishes other Zombies. Not creative or innovative.

0/10

OCG: It’s fine, I guess. Minor errors.

8/10

TOTAL: 13 points

[spoiler=Totals]Out of 100

• Yami Muddy: 73
  • Donar: 71
  • AsdfDuelist: 70
  • VCR_CAT: 65
  • Kirika Akatsuki: 63
  • Enguin: 62
  • ᔤᓋᘢᒷᖴᓾᖆᕩ: 62
  • Royal Paladin: 61
  • Trebuchet MS: 58
  • YamiNekoChan: 42
  • Arclight Lux: 39
  • Lord Dolphin; 30
  • The Taken King: 27
  • Red-Eyes Darkness Liepard: 25
  • Lord's Blade Kana: 16
  • JuanoGS11: 13
  • Champion0: 10
  • Hexanort: 10
  • Spell Counter King: 8

Average Score: 42.37

Hi everyone.

On an official note, I'm retiring as a CC Judge.

Due to the complaint of a certain entrant, my position has been revoked as my grading had been deemed inadequate. I'll be dropping out of the contest as a judge, so everyone can consider my marks as invalid. I apologize for any inconvenience to the competitors.

Don't worry, as the prizes will still be provided by me as host; the other judges don't have to provide anything. I no longer care for points or any of the matter.

Until then, I still might give a CnC once in awhile in other areas, but it might be rare now. I remember doing a Casual Multiples Review Thread for a brief while, and I still had stuff to finish there, so I guess I will just focus on that.

Again, sorry about this. I simply no longer feel like grading/hosting contests due to this occurring, although I might enter someone else's once in awhile for fun. 1v1's are rather fun too, and I think that I should really put in more work with my cards instead of rushed work. I'll be working on perfecting that area as well.

I wish the other competitors luck as they wait patiently for Dova's marks. I hope to see some of you around to also perfecting your crafts.

Thanks,

Yuuji Kazami

Hi everyone.

Due to the complaint of a certain entrant, my position has been revoked as my grading had been deemed inadequate. I'll be dropping out of the contest as a judge, so everyone can consider my marks as invalid. I apologize for any inconvenience to the competitors.

Don't worry, as the prizes will still be provided by me as former host; the other judges don't have to provide anything. I no longer care for points or any of the matter.

Until then, I still might give a CnC once in awhile in other areas, but it might be rare now. I remember doing a Casual Multiples Review Thread for a brief while, and I still had stuff to finish there, so I guess I will just focus on that.

Again, sorry about this. I simply no longer feel like grading/hosting contests due to this occurring, although I might enter someone else's once in awhile for fun. 1v1's are rather fun too, and I think that I should really put in more work with my cards instead of rushed work. I'll be working on perfecting that area as well.

I wish the other competitors luck as they wait patiently for Dova's marks. I hope to see some of you around to also perfecting your crafts.

Thanks,

Yuuji Kazami

That's quite a shame, as your skills as a judge are still top notch. I'd consider you superior in many facets to me, and we're sparse on judges like that. Still, you're an active member of this forum that puts a ton of work into everything you do, so whatever that ends up being will be remarkable. I appreciate the amount of time and effort you put into making this competition excellent, and look forward to whatever else it is you decide to do. If it makes ya feel any better, I'd always welcome you as a judge for my CC's in the future, regardless of your tag. Thanks for hosting a great tournament, and once again, best of luck to all the phenomenal entrants this time around!

- YugsterMajor

Hi everyone.

Don't worry, as the prizes will still be provided by me as former host; the other judges don't have to provide anything. I no longer care for points or any of the matter.

Thanks,

Yuuji Kazami

This is really unfortunate to hear. I think you're a great judge. I read all the reviews you gave here and I think it's all pretty solid. I certainly didn't think anything in there was bad enough to force whoever-it-was to revoke your position. And can't you still judge this contest, since you're hosting it?

[spoiler=The Taken King]Balance: 14
Alright, so, let’s say, somehow, you already have the 4 monsters out without anything else. You Tribute Summon this card, and immediately get a 4000 ATK AND DEF beater that’s unaffected by other cards? Pendulums maybe, but even then, you are bound to waste at least 2 Spell/Traps in order to bring this boss out, and probably some milling as well. Late game in any milling deck gives you AT LEAST a 10000 ATK boss. While it may require some effort to bring out, the card makes it easily worth it, as this card is a win condition outside of Honest and Rise Falcon. The first thing that comes to mind is BA, as with stuff like reasoning you can easily SS enough to get this card out.
Usability: 10
Basically requires its own deck, but boy, will that deck be powerful. Limited but powerful in that limitation, it really doesn’t make for fun plays, as you would be able to spot this card a mile away but be almost unable to do anything about it.
Creativity/Flavour: 9
Basically an OP boss monster. I can see no actual reason for this card to exist, and it all it does is add to the spammy decks people hated in the first place.
OCG: 10
Simple effect, easy to copy and paste.

Total: 43

[spoiler=Spell Counter King]Balance: 14
Generic 3 mat rank 4 with 3400 ATK? Kay pal, that’s just asking for trouble. 2600 would be a STANDARD for this card to have. I had to read this card several times to get a grasp on how the effects would work, and the spamming is real. Pend Summonable if you can Summon Level 4s? Makes this card almost infinitely recyclable, and you can choose whenever you want to do any of the effects, basically. The add to your pend zone on destruction basically requires you to only have 1 other igknight to add ever, and you can endlessly fill up your Extra Deck as you destroy it, place it back, destroy with the added Igknight, etc. The Acid Golem approach is not the best, as that card is way weaker than this card as A) You gain LP for any damage you took, so you don’t have to even detach if you don’t want to, not to mention the cost is much lower, and B) no restriction on having the actual card out.
Usability: 21
Igknights only, and it actually work really well in that aspect. Not asking too much to bring it out, just a few Level 4s to be added, but the jammed pack of effects make it difficult to fit the rest of it. It’s almost as if you tried too hard to fit this in Igknights.
Creativity/Flavour: 16
Again, there’s just so much on this card, I just feel it’s far too over the top to fit. It reminds me of a time I tried to stuff every aspect of one archetype into one boss, and I don’t need to be reminded on how badly that failed.
OCG: 5
All the effects bunched together could be phrased MUCH better, and specification is minimal.

Total: 56

[spoiler=TamiNekoChan]Balance: 24
3 Level 5s might make the stats a bit weak, but the Special Summoning from the grave and the nuking everything except for itself is really neat. Phantom Knights could easily combo with this card to spam some of their monsters as this card also plays on their self-destruction. Destroying non-Dark monsters is simultaneous strong and weak. You can easily destroy every monster other than your own, but many boss cards and archetypes are darks. Perhaps it is a bit fast in the Generic Xyz Evolution, and, as previously mentioned, the stats are low, but all in all, not a bad card at all.
Usability: 25
I like how Generic it is. I really do. Many decks could play this, and, while the cost is high, it provides some really neat payoffs, as well as a temporary stall, which many of these Level 5 decks could want. And it also helps Phantom Knights in their own way. It’s very nice.
Creativity/Flavour: 23
Certainly fits with the effects of Phantom Knights, and seems to be a combination of many of the Phantom Knight Xyzs to create this one card.
Effects remain simple and easy to phrase.

Total: 82

[spoiler=Trebuchet MS]Balance: 27
Well, this card does scaling up effects very well, and scales up the scaling up effects even better...for the most part. I am a bit confused as to why you have a small only ATK buff as the 4 mats effects. While an ATK boost is helpful, I feel the extra Normal Summon and the searching are both worth more than this, so maybe this could go in the 3 mat place, and the 3 mat effect could move up to 4. In any case, I do wish that monster eff protection on battle could fit in there, as quite a few of the monsters these days will do something if you attack them. However, the base effect can easily make up for this, and can easily kill floaters before you hit them with this card’s ATK. Not to mention it is more powerful than many of the other cards you could make, and the AG bosses.
Usability: 27
Fits Ancient Gear AND gadgets like a charm, and also works in decks such as Geargia, making it a very versatile and useful card. The genericness of the effect helps this, and while favouring AG/Gadgets, it is not particularly weak in any other deck.
Creativity/Flavour: 27
While a combination of a few Gadget/AG effects, it has its own merit, and is a nice take on the standard gaining effects of the other bosses of that archetype, while drawing on the rest of the archetypes.
Effects is complicated, but very nicely phrased.

Total: 92

[spoiler=VCR_Cat]Balance: 19
Let’s fit this card into Trains, as I think that could be the real issue here: You get a 4000 ATK monster. If your opponent has a face-up monster in ATK, you can detach to target that monster, then attack in order to get your opponent to...wait, lingering effects do not apply if the card leaves the field, unless otherwise stated. So yeah, kinda useless, actually, unless you want to use it to protect itself, or protect other cards you control...actually, not that useless, as the effects wouldn’t linger there either. So, in trains, works okay. As for its use in other decks, it is okayish, but much weaker as the effect wouldn’t linger, so I don’t think it would be worth it.
Usability: 19
Work as both a generic and in R10.dek aka trains, but is significantly weaker outside of the latter because of the previously mentioned errors in the writing. While it has its merits, I have to say that it doesn’t work as intended.
Creativity/Flavour: 26
This is a very interesting effect, and certainly the whole card and its summoning methods are unique, especially from a R10 monster’s perspective, and the idea as a whole is great. Just the way it was pulled off was flawed.
OCG: 3
Summoning condition does not work well with the PSCT, and the Rank/Level is an error. And that last effect doesn’t work...so yeah.

Total: 60

[spoiler=Lord Blade Kana]Balance: 11
The first part of the effect is really good, as you can get it out with just 3 monsters in your hand. While destruction can provide a lot of benefits, it’s difficult to get the right draws, and it would lower your hand advantage. The switch control effect, while useful to dodge Raigeki and other things that nuke your side of the field, can also be useful to activate your own float effects. Another feasible deck would be Kozmo, but I’ll get onto that later. The effects work well together, but are they too powerful or underpowered? I’d say OP. I mean, Yang Zings, that Earthbound Immortal, that other Fire King, you can really create some POWERFUL combos with this card. I’m sorry, but it could do with some nerfing on that aspect, perhaps leaving destruction as a cost?
Usability: 27
This card has limitless potential as YGO expands, and the current basis of the effect is open to many different kinds of archetypes. This card is so generic and can be useful in so many different situations that it really fits everywhere, without fitting too everywhere too much.
Creativity/Flavour: 27
Just...wow. New take on Nomi, new take on Summoning, and a new avoiding effect. Extremely innovative, and, while I don’t see a consistent theme or anything, it really gives you a good picture in your head.
OCG: 8
The phrasing is a bit off on the monster/monster(s) part, as you need to specify in modern OCG.

Total: 73

[spoiler=Royal Blade]Balance: 23
This card immediately screams mill.dek, and, while that could be an actual problem in many situations, I feel this card pulled off it nicely. A more powerful version of milling, as graveyard play is a thing today, and not too much at once. Similar to Soul-Absorbing Tower, as said, and also comboing nicely with it. In fact, being a previous mill player myself, I can see this card as being what that deck needs, without being too over the top at that. It also has that wonderful ATK boost to protect itself, why its own effect handles the card effects. While still being strong, because mill and with Zombie World in play you mill each time your opponent SSs, it is still balanced enough to get a good score.
Usability: 26
How much use does this actually have in today’s meta? Well, you can R6 for this guy easily through that generic 2 mat, and R8 this guy through Frankenstein and Lancelot, meaning Blue-Eyes would wanna say hi, but this guy really is limited to Zombie.dek, but, fortunately, not limited in a bad way. You wanna use Zombies in any deck? You can find a way to splice him in. Nicely done, and not too generic.
Creativity/Flavour: 28
Really reminds me of Soul-Absorbing Towers (as intended), yet splits off differently. I really get a sense of Lore behind this card, and I feel the card is well-designed enough to have a lot of flavour.
The OCG is copied from the old errata of Soul-Absorbing Tower, so has some mistakes, but other than it’s good.

Total: 87

[spoiler=Getter Emperor]Balance: 11
Alright, first off, there are more than 200 monsters that this card can Summon, and that’s real scary. You may have to target this card first, but you can easily pull this off with many cards in today’s Meta, and boy is that a small price to pay for the extreme range of this card’s use. That alone would be a powerful effect, but hey, we have a easy way to Summon it! Just banish any Dark monster in your Grave, and lord knows we have enough Dark Graveyardish decks. All you need is Foolish Burial, and EVEN RAIDRAPTORS can play this card with their Level 6. So far the card is leaning on the powerful side, and then, oh boy, and then we have CARD DESTRUCTION IMMUNITY. It’s not even Nomi, and you don’t even need a card which only targets 1 card. I’m sorry, but this card is far too strong.
Usability: 18
Well, this card certainly requires you to think outside the box to activate it, but it’s far too generic for my tastes. You could splash it many decks with little effort, and, while that could be a good thing, it’s the little effort part I am worried about. Put it in any deck with Darks and Foolish, and bam, easy thing. You don’t even need foolish, you just have to send to the Graveyard.
Creativity/Flavour: 21
Well, it certainly is a new and somewhat unique effect, and while it comes together okay, I cna’t really judge this card for any sort of lore, as information wasn’t given, so I have to judge with what I have. And what I have is a mishmash of powerful effects that sorta work with eachother.
OCG seems fine.

Total: 58

[spoiler=Enguin]Balance: 20
Frightfurs certainly wanted another boss, but is this the one they want, or the one they need? First thought would be that it was OP, if it wasn’t completely Limited to a Fusion Summoning, as you could easily just Sabre with this card, HOWEVER, if you bring this guy out, you’re bound to have a stock full Graveyard, so with this guy you can immediately Tiger with his Fusion Summoning effect, or even Sabre if you have not used FF to bring this guy out. And now, we have being protected from destruction by battle and card effects, and that...wow. That massive ATK boost. Yes, three Fusions to bring this guy out might sound hard, but in Frightfurs you can easily at least get that many in the field, let alone the graveyard for FF. I would say that with some toning down, this guy would be fun, but right now he’s a win condition...except I just realized that you can’t Sabre this guy to oblivion, because the mats must be Fusion Summoned. And you can’t Summon this card with Frightfur Fusion. And now this card is extremely weak.
Usability: 24
A rather balanced summoning condition in my opinion, as Frightfurs have sped considerably up, and they could Chimerae easily if they wanted to. While being limited to the one deck, it opens the way for some neat combos and splashing with its generic fusion summoning effect, and is not that hard to combo with to get out and use.
Creativity/Flavour: 25
This effect has its own merits, trying its own take on the other main effects of Frightfurs, yet trying to distance itself by drawing on the other themes of the archetype as a whole. I like it, yet with it was more of itself.
OCG seems fine, other than “If this card is Summoned” as you can only Fusion Summon it anyway, and one rather than 1.

Total: 79

[spoiler=Archlight Lux]Balance: 24
So, we have a high-Level Synchro Tuner, which can...not level modulate. Huh. On the plus side, it makes it easier to bring out the first one, and it cannot be targeted by effects, filling the void made by the that Level 12. In fact, this thing is just a toned down version of that monster, as seen with an effect which activate if it was Synchro Summoned with a Synchro monster, which is a balanced cost for that battle phase effect.That add effect is nice, as it mirrors the ATK manipulation of the archetype, not to mention allow for future plays and more powerful SSing. All in all, I’d say this has a powerful effect, but the Level 10-ness and the limitation to Blackwing fixes that. HOWEVER the one problem that lowers this card is the fact that the ATK gain is perma and this card has that multi attacking thing going on. Very worrying.
Usability: 18
This card tries to be generic while at the same time being very limited. I really don’t like it when a card does this, as it is a thin veil that adds nothing to it, and there’s no point for it to be so open, as its uses are so narrow.
I feel this card draws too much on the Level 12 without making it interesting, however it does have its own merit. I’m divided on this one, but I feel that this card certainly has some flavour, whatever its losses.
Minor spelling issues, and some phrasing when regards to timing.

Total: 71

[spoiler=AsdfDuelist]Balance: 21
Well, you can actually R7 this card naturally with DDD, and you can also use the R5 to rank up...but if you do that it’s mostly useless for a turn. That’s not actually something I’d like to do, because if I bring out the R4, I would much MUCH rather leave that on the field than Rank-Up into this eventually. On a better note, the destruction effect and the protection effect both are useful if you got to use the two them. Protection and potential nuking, especially as you don’t have to only use your Dark Contract cards and can instead kill the cards that do stuff when nuked? Beautiful. Not to mention the non-targeting is fine, and that effect on destruction...maybe leaving it out isn’t such a bad idea, especially as it supports Summoning it the old fashioned way. Shame the effect negation though, as D’Arc would’ve been nice to combo with, especially some of the weaker DDDs. Effect activation protection would’ve been better. All in all, somewhat weak.
This almost does good job of helping many aspects of the DDD archetype, and yet slows it down. I feel there are many better things you could do with your Level 7s, and the R4 is probably not upgrading for the lack of the first effect.
Nice bit of lore behind it, and the effect is a good take on the what the DDD archetype does.
OCG: 6
Effect prevention is phrased badly, very badly, preventing anyone from doing it, and amount should be number. Also, effect is a little cluttered.

Total: 69

[spoiler=Soulfire]Balance: 27
The Special Summoning effect very speedy, even it is only for a one turn double SS and attack, or even 4 SSs if you have that lovely field spell out, so this makes a very nice addition to the current state of fairies. It’s Level 10, so it can work with Sephylon, which means it can also work with Chaos/Milling.dek, as you can banish the Fairies you want to Summon, and fortunately, while I said it was speedy, it still requires a lot of effort to work. However, all in all, I’d say this is a rather balanced card, as while the SSing from banished is slow, and the destruction to banish is annoying, you can Special Summon some powerful Level 8 or lower Fairies.
Usability: 22
This is somewhat Generic for fairies, and yet is also slightly limiting. But I will say that what combos you could do with this card are not very restricted at all, allowing for some interesting plays and decks.
Banishing with Fairies? Bingo! I love how you took that concept to the next level, and the lore surrounding it is brilliant! One iffy thing, don’t see how the banishing on destruction fits in.
Wording issues all over, but the main problem is you phrasing the continuous banishing effect as an activated effect.

Total: 83

[spoiler=Lord Dolphin]Balance: 14
So, if you have two of these in your hand/Graveyard, and you are more than 1000 LP over your opponent, you can SS both of them, and then get a free aromage? That may sound like a lot of LP, but with the many LP boosting cards in this game, not to mention the fact that we have AROMAGES over here, AND many cards today pay LP to do stuff, so your opponent may have lost a lot already. So, basically, with little effort, even Foolish, you get a field of 4. The archetype certainly needed speed, but not that much speed. The effect negation means little if you Summon it during the End Phase, and if your opponent Solemns YOU CAN GET IT OUT AGAIN BECAUSE THEY PAID EVEN MORE THAN YOU. So, extremely annoying, and lonefire says hi for easy method to get into the Grave.
Well, what can I say. This card fits neatly into Aromages, and possibly allows them to be splashed into other decks as well. However, it’s too restrictive in that sense, as it is worthless running on its own, but the LVL 8 makes it much more useful.
Creativity/Flavour: 26
This is a very interesting take on the Aromage power, but yet...I wish it did something when you gained LP. Imagine if it had an OPT effect when you gained LP on your opponent’s turn….ah….but it definitely has its own merit, the name and the summoning lore was well done.
Effect looks neater than the original. Huh.

Total: 76

[spoiler=Champion]Balance: 16
This card is weak and strong at the same time, as it’s one of those “hard to play but if you do you win” cards, which are annoying, and just because its kinda hard to bring it out, it doesn’t balance it. I will say that this card does have the multiple Tribute thing in its favour, as with that you can bring out the weaker version if you want, but really, any deck which can 2 Tributes with an extra Normal Summon can probably also do 3 (Monarchs say hi, also BA says hi). Really, not much to say here, other than it tries to compensate for being powerful by adding in 3 tributes for not much of a reason.
Usability: 16
This is a possibly splashable card in many decks, as unlike the egyptian god cards, it doesn’t brick if you just have two tributes, but it’s just a win condition in any deck which can swarm, as unaffected by card effects with more ATK than Ultimate Falcon? It’s just too usable and too hard to use at the same time.
Creativity/Flavour: 8
This is so generic in everything. I cry. There is a little I can guess at, but I see little other than a bunch of stats thrown together. And it is a Warrior because….?
OCG: 5
Phrased poorly...that’s it. But phrased very poorly.

Total: 45

[spoiler=Yami Muddy]Balance: 28
While the OTK is a looming threat, and yet is not that much of it. While the searching from the Graveyard may be a bit much, it at least has OPT and a slight cost, especially in the LP cost loaded world of today’s meta. The multi-attack is balanced by the fact that you can only bring it out the turn it was Summoned, and while Thunders and Dragons can easily manipulate ATK, if you manage to get your opponent to a clear field and have this guy out. Really, I have little to say here, as the Level 8ness is balanced by the rest of the stats, and it seems fine as a whole. Wish it was only one add per turn though, but...yeah.
All thunders can play this, yet it also brings the possibility of allowing Thunders and Dragons to combine, and yet can focus on both on their own. Although to be fair, you do need a thunder non-tuner, but what’s a Batteryman between decks? While it might be a bit too generic, it is otherwise a great, usable card.
You combined the sheer ATK power of Dragons with the searchability and ATK gains of Thunders, and I think you did so very nicely, creating an interesting yet original card.
OCG: 9
Cost mistake.

Total: 91

[spoiler=Hexanort]Balance: 28
This card is actually rather good at being a Fire King, and rather balanced at how it does it, except I feel that the Summoning condition is far too easy to accomplish. I mean, you have Yang Zings who have FIRE, and you have Igknights, and mean other decks which, when splashed in with Fire Kings, can be very potent. Basically a slightly weaker version of the above card which Summoned by destroying monsters, and this card does it better and relatively well. The monster effect protection seems very weak to even be on there, but the destroying in hand and field is really helpful, and works for both you and your opponent. The last Summoning effect might a bit powerful though, as you get to Summon it the same way as before almost indefinitely.
Usability: 17
You know how Fire Kings are now an engine? And really splashable? This is also like that, except even more so (Igknights say hi). I think that you went a little overboard by making this far too generic, requiring only a Fire monster and any other monsters, and with Pendulums, destruction is not a problem.
Feels just like Fire Kings, and the Fusion is done in a very interesting way that should be looked at more, but...why is that monster effects protection there? I mean, it’s very limited, and I feel there’s no point to it other than a slight slight buff.
Card is readable, but grammar and phrasing effects all over.

Total: 79

[spoiler=Donar]Balance: 20
Well, the monster’s effect works out really nicely, and no OPT isn’t a problem here, so not much to say there. You can certainly spam many decks, but it takes a lot of effort in order to do that. The Pendulum effect is really annoying, as the effect would be useless if you actually were playing Skull Servants, and the Pendulum Summoning effect negation would be much better if it just limited you to Summoning Zombie-Type, as opposed to that effect negation. I want to actually have a usable King of the Skull Servants!
Well, you can use this in Skull Servants, and it also allows some more Synchro Summoning in that archetype, however, it is really a one time use thing, and really only in that deck, and no point in splashing or anything...except no restriction in that normal monster summoning. Actually, that’s not bad, but I feel it would be generic not for that, but for the free scale.
Creativity/Flavour: 19
Some of the effects are really interesting, and are a creative take on what Skull Servants, and even Zombies, want, but the Pendulum effects are weird, and I don’t really see what they are doing there. I mean, I get being a puppet, but still...
Capitalization error, and you never specified a name in the Summoning effect, but otherwise fine.

Total: 68

[spoiler=Shadow Liepard]Balance: 16
To be honest, this is a great idea for a card. I mean, destroy an opponent’s monster by battle with a 300 ATK in order to get a not COMPLETELY unstoppable boss, but a powerful protected boss nonetheless. The question that needs to be asked here is the cost too much or too little? I would say a little too little, as giving your Petit Moth the ATK needed to beat over, ESPECIALLY with the kind of cards you get today, but boy, when you can, while being very strong and powerful, it does have outs and yet it is also really strong in its own way, as it has an activated effect.
Usability: 13
Well, you can use it with one card...in one way...it really is limited. While it tries to still stay open with that, you basically have to build an entire deck around it, and even then you need to topdeck for it to be good.
Certainly a great take on that idea, and that name, while not exactly clever, fits with the theme nicely, and adds flavour.
Just wording and capitalization.

Total: 63

[spoiler=JuanoGS]Balance: 19
While many decks can easily use a DARK Tuner, this card isn’t really worthwhile. It has graveyard effect negation, true, and graveyard targeting negation, which is actually really cool, especially as it is SS2, and maybe you would Summon this after you bought out Void Ogre and Crystal Wing or whatnot, but it’s not the kind of card to leave on your side of the field on early or even middle game. Vampires are weak, so them bringing this card out is easier said than done, but man that effect makes up for it. It’s a very good take on the effect of Vampires, simultaneous keeping it and buffing it to a point where it can be used. Sadly, all in all a weak card.
Usability: 24
This card is a generic card, with powerful effect if used with its intended archetype, but it can also just work with its plain ol’ effect, possibly as a side card to put in your extra if you are playing against a Graveyard deck.
Creativity/Flavour: 22
The lack of Zombie-Type is annoying, and the name feels like the card should’ve taken a different take on that, and that last effect seems to counter Zombies as opposed to work and help them.
Couple of errors here and there.

Total: 73

[spoiler=Totals]

1. Trebuchet MS 92

2. Yami Muddy 91

2. Royal Blade 87

4. Soulfire 83

5. TamiNekoChan 82

6. Enguin 79

6. Hexanort 79

7. Lord Dolphin 76

8. Lord Blade Kana 73

8. JuanoGS 73

10. Archlight Lux 71

11. AsdfDuelist 69

12. Donar 68

13. Shadow Liepard 63

14. VCR Cat 60

15. Getter Emperor 58

16. Spell Counter King 56

17. Champion 45

18.The Taken King 43

If anyone feels unhappy with their grades, and felt I was unfair, please say.

While I cannot give rewards, obviously, I've tallied the scores to make life easier for the host.

[spoiler=Totals]

• Archlight Lux: 84/100
  • VCR_CAT: 83/100
  • Hexanort: 81/100
  • Enguin: 80/100
  • Red-Eyes Darkness Liepard: 75/100
  • Kirika Akatsuki: 73/100
  • Yami Muddy: 69/100
  • Soulfire: 68/100
  • Royal Paladin: 58/100
  • Trebuchet MS: 56/100
  • YamiNekoChan: 45/100
  • JuanoGS11: 44/100
  • Donar: 38/100
  • The Taken King: 36/100
  • Lord's Blade Kana: 36/100
  • AsdfDuelist: 35/100
  • Lord Dolphin: 34/100
  • Spell Counter King: 18/100
  • Champion0: 10/100

[spoiler=Totals]Out of 100

• Yami Muddy: 73
  • Donar: 71
  • AsdfDuelist: 70
  • VCR_CAT: 65
  • Kirika Akatsuki: 63
  • Enguin: 62
  • ᔤᓋᘢᒷᖴᓾᖆᕩ: 62
  • Royal Paladin: 61
  • Trebuchet MS: 58
  • YamiNekoChan: 42
  • Arclight Lux: 39
  • Lord Dolphin; 30
  • The Taken King: 27
  • Red-Eyes Darkness Liepard: 25
  • Lord's Blade Kana: 16
  • JuanoGS11: 13
  • Champion0: 10
  • Hexanort: 10
  • Spell Counter King: 8
Average Score: 42.37

[spoiler=Totals]

1. Trebuchet MS 92

2. Yami Muddy 91

2. Royal Blade 87

4. Soulfire 83

5. TamiNekoChan 82

6. Enguin 79

6. Hexanort 79

7. Lord Dolphin 76

8. Lord Blade Kana 73

8. JuanoGS 73

10. Archlight Lux 71

11. AsdfDuelist 69

12. Donar 68

13. Shadow Liepard 63

14. VCR Cat 60

15. Getter Emperor 58

16. Spell Counter King 56

17. Champion 45

18.The Taken King 43

I have the scores tallied, as well, but given the above post I had not seen... they have been omitted.

Too bad you're retiring cause of some "certain complain from someone" . . . .

Just want to say have a nice day to everybody here and congrats to the winner, its just a competition so pls, have fun . . . . why it ended up in someone's position get taken out?

Too bad you're retiring cause of some "certain complain from someone" . . . .

Just want to say have a nice day to everybody here and congrats to the winner, its just a competition so pls, have fun . . . . why it ended up in someone's position get taken out?

-strokes head to calm demonic girl with horns down-

Shh............................... >.<

While I cannot give rewards, obviously, I've tallied the scores to make life easier for the host.

I have the scores tallied, as well, but given the above post I had not seen... they have been omitted.

Thanks a lot for doing that Black. You didn't have to take the final tallied results off. I doubt that anything would get changed after going through everyone's results, as it looks fairly solid. If you had accidentally deleted the final tally, I can re-do them in your place so you wouldn't have to re-do them from scratch again. =)

I never delete things that may be needed again. Just didn't want to step on toes, and thread didn't tell me there was a new post before me >>

And the results are, with average/percentage before, total points in parentheses.

[spoiler=Grand Totals]

• Yami Muddy: 77.67 (233)
  • Enguin: 73 (219)
  • Soulfire: 71 (213)
  • VCR_CAT: 69.33 (208)
  • Royal Paladin and Trebuchet MS: 68.67 (206)
  • Archlight Lux: 66.67 (194)
  • Donar: 59 (177)
  • AsdfDuelist: 58 (174)
  • Hexanort: 53.67 (170)
  • YamiNekoChan: 56.33(169)
  • Red-Eyes Darkness Liepard: 54.33 (163)
  • Kirika Akatsuki: 48.67 (146)
  • Lord Dolphin: 46.67 (140)
  • JuanoGS: 43.33 (130)
  • Lord's Blade Kana: 41.67 (125)
  • The Taken King: 35.33 (106)
  • SpellCounterKing: 27.33 (82)
  • Champion0: 21.67 (65)

Again, I cannot officially congratulate the winner, nor can I give prizes, but I feel this would ease the burden ever so slightly, and give those curious a sneak peek.

6th out of 19... I'd say it's quite the good place to end up in, compared to the fact that I deserved what was coming for me with the 'itself going to itself' thing. ((surprised that Black wasn't even the one to rekt me the most))

Now that all the judging is done, and to be clear, I'm not asking for any change in scores or anything , but something that the judges missed (and that I missed in the creator notes), is that the ATK boost is the Zombie version of a Synchro monster I liked to use back in the day - Colossal Fighter.

So yeah, no complaints from me, I had fun making the card, even though now that I look back at it, I feel it was a bit rushed.

Archived