[Finished]Major's Team CC#1: Corruption and Redemption [Judging Completed!]

Edit 05/11/16: Made changes to the Rules/Requirements and Rubric. Highly recommended to re-read if you've read the rules previously. Hopefully this'll help clear up any confusion.

We've met our 8-Player Minimum, so the tournament is officially a-go! There are still spots available, so if you're interested, be sure to let me know before May 17th, 2016! Thanks in advance.

Edit 05/12/16: Due to requests from other entrants looking for a team drafting system, I'm willing to change the OP's Rule-set regarding the team system to the following below. I'll be PMing all entrants regarding this change as well, to hopefully get a majority consensus on this change:

[spoiler=Rules Change]

• After May 17th, 2016, 2 Team Captains will be chosen by me and PM'd accordingly
  • Once PM'd, each Team Captain will reply to that PM (NOT on the Main Forum Post) with a list of all members in the competition, structured in the following way:
  1. Most Desired Player
  9. Least Desired Player
  • I will go through each list and provide that Team Captain with the players of their choice. If their is a tie, the team that player goes to will be up to me, after the other remaining players have been sorted.
  • After all teams have been fully assigned, and the Team Captains have approved of their team members, the Main Forum Post will be replied to w/ the final teams and their respective Team Captains. 

Edit: After PMing the members and accounting for all Rep and requests, the new Team Leader rules will be implemented! Once again, thanks to everyone who got back to me.

This link is the place to be and the thing to see if you're confused about the rules. It's here if not explicitly stated.

Helpful Threads
http://forum.yugiohc...before-posting/
http://forum.yugiohc...d-design-guide/
http://forum.yugiohc...ds-and-casuals/

Hello everybody, YugsterMajor here! We're gonna spice things up, by having a Team vs. Team Card Competition! This is a 1st attempt, so we'll see how well this kind of competition can work. The rules are fully explained in the spoiler. The basic premise surrounds either redeeming or corrupting a card already in the game (Dark --> Light, Light --> Dark, etc), kinda like a war between good and evil. Be sure to read the spoilers thoroughly before entering.

[spoiler=Rules (Must Read 1st)]

• There will be a minimum of 8 players and 2 teams (total number of entrants must be even, otherwise, last entrant will not get in). The competition will not proceed if deadline isn't met.
  • 1st team redeems cards already in the game, 2nd team corrupts cards already in the game. This can be done in anyway the team, or each player, sees fit. You can find more details in the "Requirements" Spoiler Section.
  • After May 17th, 2016, 2 Team Captains will be chosen by me and PM'd accordingly
    • Once PM'd, each Team Captain will reply to that PM (NOT on the Main Forum Post) with a list of all members in the competition, structured in the following way:
      1. Most Desired Player
      9. Least Desired Player
    • I will go through each list and provide that Team Captain with the players of their choice. If their is a tie, the team that player goes to will be up to me, after the other remaining players have been sorted.
  • After all teams have been fully assigned, and the Team Captains have approved of their team members, the Main Forum Post will be updated w/ the final teams and their respective Team Captains.
  • Each player's submission must be done by June 1st, 2016 after teams have been determined. Any missing entries count as a 0/100, which will greatly affect the team.
  • Each team can choose to cooperate with one another in making their cards (PMing or other forms of contact), or can work on it themselves. Players who cooperate with their teams will receive higher scores overall, based on the "Theme" requirement in the Rubric.
  • Even if all entries are worked on by other teammates, the original creator of the card needs to submit their own entry. 
  • Immediately after all entries are submitted, each player's card will be reviewed individually by each judge to add up to the total! Example: 4 Players (100pts each) w/ 2 Judges = 800pts team total.
  • The team with the overall highest points wins the Grand Prize. Individual players get rewards based on specific categories.
  • Once again, check the rest of the post if anything confuses you.
  • Place a ":3" on your entry post to signify you read the rules, otherwise, your entry will be rejected (Ex: "I'd like to enter :3.")

[spoiler=Requirements]

• No Entry Cost! All entrants simply have to post in this forum and request admittance (or post an image/card text).
  • Create a Corrupted/Redeemed Version of a card already in the game (Good/Evil), depending on which team you are assigned.
  • This theme can be done in anyway the team (or each player) sees fit. If you are in the corruption team, perhaps you could approach it similar to the Duel Terminal (Gustos ---> Shaddolls. Having one archetype overtake another), or you can do a general corruption-theme for a specific attribute, like LIGHT Fairy-Type or Warrior-Type monsters. If you are in the redemption team, you can perform the opposite w/ the same examples as the corruption team, but again, this is entirely up to you! Creativity with you/your team's approach is highly recommended, and will be reflected upon in grading! The idea of the two teams is to see which one can embody this theme with the overall highest quality (thus, making it a competition). 
  • You cannot use custom Types or Attributes, or stats above 5000atk & def. Any further rules follow the standard YCM card tournament rules found here.
  • Card entries must be placed in this forum post. I will not accept PM's for entry, as all players should be able to see the cards before reviewing. Also, if you decide to create an image for your card entry, you must use spoilers to hide the image and include the Lore of the card typed below the image.
  • Edits will be allowed, however, you must edit your original post! Do not create new posts of your card when making edits. Any edits performed past the deadline below will not be included in judging. (As a side note, it's recommended to make notes on your original post whenever you make an edit and why you made said edits).
  • After teams are decided, June 1st, 2016 @ 12AM Pacific Standard Time is the deadline (Basically, try shooting for the day before, if possible). Entries beyond that will not be accepted. 

[spoiler=Prizing]

Grand Prize: 1000pts + 3 Rep for each player

Per-Player Category Rewards (500pts +1 Rep each):

• Most Creative 
  • Most Balanced 
  • Best Team Entry (1 for each team)

[spoiler=Judging]

• PM me if you'd like to become a Judge.
  • If I don't personally know you, or if you're not highly active or have a long history on the sight, I'd recommend sending two examples of any past judging you've done. If you haven't judged, please do so in the Advanced Design sub-forum, then link me to those judgements. 
  • You can provide your own rubric for judging! Just be sure to let me know what it is beforehand. If you don't, and you decide to use another rubric, your judging will not be used.
  • June 8th, 2016 @ 12AM Pacific Standard Time is when all judges should provide their results(either by posting on this forum post, or by personally PMing me, and I will post the results). Anything beyond that will not be used. 

[spoiler=Rubric]

This time around, there will be changes to the rubric to embody the new type of tournament.

100 Points Maximum is possible for any single card. Broken down:
50 Points (Balance/Utility/Mechanic): Does the card fulfill the basic requirements of the tournament? Is it relevant, fair, balanced and useful? If generic, how well does it work in other decks? Does it work too well, or not well enough? 

30 Points (Creativity/Flavor): Does the card's effect fit stylistically with its stats, image (if applicable), and name? Does its design feel fresh and unique? If so, how?

10 Points (Theme): Does your team have a consistent theme/idea or approach? Does your card reflect this well? If so, how?

10 Points (OCG): Does it follow current YuGiOh OCG? Is its effect clear and easy to understand? Is the grammar, punctuation, and sentence structure correct?

[spoiler=Entrants/Judges]

Judges:

• YugsterMajor
  • Trebuchet MS

Entrants (names bolded when entry is submitted):

• Dova
  • Yuuji Kazami (Yuuko Kazami)
  • AsdfDuelist
  • CCDCC
  • Archlight Lux (Tori-kun)
  • Spell Counter King
  • Champion0
  • Hexanort
  • Soulfire
  • Mr. Melon
  •  

[spoiler=Teams]

Team Redemption:

Team Captain - Archlight Lux (Tori-kun)

Champion0

Yuuji Kazami

Asdfduelist

CCDCC

Team Corruption:

Team Captain - Soulfire

Dova

Mr. Melon

Hexanort

SpellCounterKing

Best of luck to you all, and looking forward to all the fantastic entries!

- YugsterMajor~

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Permit me to judge. I haven't judged cards in a long while. :3

Are all judges to follow your rubric, or can I use my own if I wish to?

Updated the OP for judging. You're allowed to use your own Rubric, just send it to me by PM. Also, I do personally know you, but I'd like to still see some examples of your past judging. If you could provide that to me on the same PM, that'd be awesome.

As long as "Text only" card changes are fine...

(I'd just use the picture of the original card, "corrupting/ purifying" the image is something my skills can't cope with.)

(Edit: Noticed the 5% rule for the contribution of images to the score.)

... I'd like to join! :3

Being a bit more specific could indeed help, unless you intended it to be a broad term.

(Corruption and Redemption do seem pretty broad. I'm fine with that, just would like to make sure that this is intended.)

I shall enter. :3

Wait, so I have to create a purified/corrupted version of a card? Could you please specify the requirements?

As long as "Text only" card changes are fine...

(I'd just use the picture of the original card, "corrupting/ purifying" the image is something my skills can't cope with.)

(Edit: Noticed the 5% rule for the contribution of images to the score.)

... I'd like to join! :3

Being a bit more specific could indeed help, unless you intended it to be a broad term.

(Corruption and Redemption do seem pretty broad. I'm fine with that, just would like to make sure that this is intended.)

Perhaps I should be more specific. I'll correct this in the "Requirements" Spoiler, but it's boils down to turning good cards evil, and evil cards good (Honest --> Dishonest, haha). Still pretty broad, but I did specify in the rules that it'd be up to the created teams (or the specific players) to tackle this in anyway they see fit. Also, entries accepted. 

Edit: Made some critical changes to the OP, so hopefully this'll help clear any discretion! It's absolutely recommended to re-review the rules/requirements. If you have any further questions, let me know. 

seems interesting, i'm in! :3

Then in you shall be

Just to let you all know, we've almost met our 8-player minimum in under a day (Dova's a maybe)! At this rate, I may have to cap the number of players to 12 - 16 depending. We'll see how the turnout comes after a few days. Thanks so far to those who've entered!

Edit: Soulfire joined, so now we have met our minimum requirement to start the tournament! Didn't expect this kind of turnout so quickly! Thanks once again to those who've entered thus far.

- YugsterMajor

Archived