[Finished]Black's CC1: Eternal Soul [Completed; Congratulations to Nai and Birdie!]

Blake

The OCG was a little tricky, even with a little help, but hopefully the gist of what it does is gotten across.

[spoiler=Card]

7FcI8lD.png

Blazing Steel Zocho-TEN

WIND/Level 7

Machine/Pendulum/Effect

/3>

Pendulum Effect: When your opponent's monster declares an attack on a face-up Pendulum Monster you control: You can Special Summon this card from your Pendulum Zone, and if you do, change the attack target to this card and proceed to damage calculation. You can only use this effect of "Blazing Steel Zocho-TEN" once per turn.

Monster Effect: Once per turn, this card cannot be destroyed by battle. If you take damage from a battle involving this attacking card: It can make a second attack in a row on that same attack target, and if it does, it gains ATK equal to double the damage you took from that battle, during damage calculation only. Other monsters you control cannot attack the turn you use this effect.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[spoiler=Entry]

qWpIybq.jpeg

While this card is face-up on the field, it is treated as a Machine-Type monster. During either player's turn, if this card is in your Graveyard: You can discard 2 cards; Special Summon this card in face-up Attack Position. Once per turn, when an opponent's card or effect is activated on the field: You can negate that activation, and if you do, shuffle it into the Deck. You can only control 1 "Mecha Silencer Dragoon, Lord Gale".

Probably spent too much time changing the name, but ain't no telling.

[spoiler Entry]

mpCe62h.png

Proserpina, Daughter of the Underworld

7/DARK/Fiend

2500/2000

You can Special Summon this card (from your hand) by Tributing 2 monsters you control, including 1 Normal Summoned monster. Cannot be destroyed by card effects. Once per turn, you can target 1 card on each side of the field; destroy them.

[spoiler:Entry]Elemental HERO Masked Neos

Level 7 - DARK

[ Warrior / Fusion / Effect ]

(This card is always treated as a "Masked HERO" monster.)

Must be Special Summoned with "Mask Change" and cannot be Special Sunmoned by other ways. Cards cannot be banished. Once per turn: You can target 1 "HERO" or "Neo-Spacian" monster in your Graveyard, except "Elemental HERO Masked Neos"; shuffle it into the Deck, also, this card gains the targeted monster's effects until the end of your opponent's turn.

[ ATK 2500 / DEF 2000 ]

Neos is gud.

[spoiler=Entry]Twenty-Six-Winged Martyr Dragon

WIND | Level 8 | Dragon/Synchro/Effect | ATK 2500 | DEF 2000

1 Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuner monsters

Once per turn, during either player's turn, when a card or effect is activated that targets a card(s) on the field: You can destroy as many cards targeted by that card/effect as possible, and if you do, draw cards equal to the number of cards you controlled that were destroyed by this effect. When a monster you control is targeted for an attack: You can destroy that monster, and if you do, draw 1 card.

[spoiler=Entry]

T9n19Mj.png

During either player's turn, when a card or effect is activated that targets a monster you control: You can send this card from your hand to the Graveyard; negate the activation. If this card is in your Graveyard, when your opponent activates a card or effect that would destroy a card(s) on the field: You can pay 1000 LP; negate the activation, and if you do, destroy it, then you can Special Summon this card. You can only use each effect of "Nemesis Adresita" once per turn.

[spoiler=Entry]

Sorceress of the Forbidden Scrollery, Belliana

Level 7 Spellcaster/Pendulum/Effect Light 2500/2000

Scale 2

PE: During either player's turn, if a Spell Card is activated in either player's Spell/Trap Card Zone, you can target 1 card in your other Pendulum Zone; destroy it, then Special Summon this card to your side of the field as a DARK monster. You can only activate this effect of "Sorceress of the Forbidden Scrollery, Belliana" once per turn.

ME: This card cannot be targeted by attacks or card effects as long as you control another monster, except "Sorceress of the Forbidden Scrollery, Belliana". Once per turn: you can activate one of the following effects depending on this card's attribute:

-LIGHT: Special Summon 1 Spellcaster-type Pendulum Monster from one of your Pendulum Zone except "Sorceress of the Forbidden Scrollery, Belliana", and if you do, place this card in the Pendulum Zone as a Pendulum Spell Card.

-DARK: Destroy all cards in your Pendulum Zone (if any), then if you do, add 1 Spell Card from your deck to your hand. Cards with the same name as the added card cannot be activated this turn.

I've saved copies of the last 7 cards and the contest is cloed in 8 minutes.

If, within that time, Soulfire and Enguin have not posted, they are disqualified.

I will post results tomorrow, as I have done 11 of the 18 I have received, and I am headed to bed.

I will be going over cards in order of entry, not order of participation.

[spoiler=Judging Rubric]45 points for Utility/Mechanic/Balance

Does your card actually do anything? How well does it do it? Is it too convoluted, or just way too simple? While not the soul of a design, this is a very important part, because it decides if your card is playable, unplayable, or far too playable. Or, possibly, if it's something that's prone to aging well.

Does it do the things it does too well? Too poorly? Not at all? You get the gist.

Referred to as “Balance” in grading for simplicity.

35 points for Flavor

Now, your card doesn't have to be in an archetype, though it means you have to put effort in to establish some flavor. Any card can have flavor, it just has to flow between name, stats, effect, art (if any, no penalty for not having it), etc.

For example, Uni-Zombie. In Japanese, its name is pronounced "Yunizonbi". This makes it a pun on both Unison and Zombie, while the art shows something that is actually two Zombies trying to act as one. It has a pair of effects, reflecting these two sides, but both do the same thing. One just happens to cost you resources, while the other lulls you into zombies for the turn for free milling.

Things like that. Try to make something that can be considered flavorful, because it can be the most appealing part of a design, if done right.

Points for failure in the theme will be taken off from this part.

10 points for Creativity

More or less, is the core idea appreciable? Can I tell that some effort was put into the design, and that it was toyed with? Simplicity, as opposed to a minimalist approach, is something that would be punished here.

10 points for Grammar

Can I understand your text? If so, you'll do fairly well here. I'm not the biggest hardass in terms of technical grammar, though I will give points off if I can tell there's a flaw. Capitalization isn't something I'd harp on for the most part, though.

Rubric for grading process:

Balance: /45

Flavor: /35

Creativity: /10

Grammar: /10

Total: /100

[spoiler=Silenth - Dragonarms Hunter]

Balance: 15/45

Yeah, this thing’s wonky. And a little too all or nothing.

While not a Pendulum, it’s only really going to be efficiently summoned through PS or Edea/Eidos.

It teeters on a line of being unplayable (2 tribute monster) and being a dumb thing to drop off of a Pendulum Summon, especially since there’s no hard OPT anywhere.

Flavor: 5/35

There isn’t any flavor here, really. There’s a slight connection between the art and the name, but that’s not what true flavor is.

Why does it have the DEF Monster effect? Why does it protect things when it’s a HUNTER? Why is it psychic? What does this have to do with dragons?

Very disappointed in this area.

Creativity: 3/10

It’s Stardust Spark Dragon with a new coat of shinier paint, due to being in the maindeck. I guess I can appreciate the idea on some level…?

Grammar: 10/10

I mean, yeah, it’s easy to understand. No real errors, as far as I can see.

Total: 33/100

[spoiler=Ruri Unsou - Dark Illusion Magician]

Balance: 0/45

This… this is so much no.

First off, the Pendulum Effect doesn’t work in the Dark Magician deck, only DM x DMG or DM x Pendulum. I don’t know if this was intended or not, but do you know why this is?

You cannot make a DARK monster become a DARK monster. This means that it doesn’t even fit as DM support, just makes it more generic than support.

Then it’s a scale 8 with… NO drawback. It’s a 2500 beater, Level 7, has effects that are entirely beneficial… Like, let’s look at the other generic 8s.

Metalphosis Volflame is a vanilla. Sure it’;s a beater, but it does nothing else outside of dedicated builds.

Metalphosis Steeleren is bad aside from being a Metalphosis.

Dragonpit Magician is a vanilla without a magician partner, and its stats suck.

Performapal Odd-Eyes Unicorn is a level 1 monster, making it essentially a spell.

This is pure value, and as a generic card, which matters in design, it outclasses Volflame, the next best one.

And that’s just the Pendulum Effect.

Destroying 1 to search 1 is insanely good value, even in Dark Magician.dek, considering Rod/Robe. It’s a decent +0 at worst, on a card that’s already good.

Then there’s… oh God why… Why does it have a Zephyros-esque effect? Do you not understand how stupid this is in both Pendulum (monkeyboard, unicorn, etc.) AND Dark Magician (Dark Magic Circle, Rod, etc.)? Zephyros is already a card that teeters the line, just lacking an absurd deck to break it, so why poke the bear more?

And it has the “Majutsushi” name on top of that all. Meaning it’s an official Pendulum Magician. Just… No.

Too generic. Too good.

Flavor: 17/35

It’s just a pendulum version of DM with an attempt to tie it into Pendulum Magicians. It’s not some crazy idea, but the actual execution seems to just be “throw generic pendulum effects onto it and make it support DM”, which is lazy.

Creativity: 0/10

Idea that’s been done/thought of a million times. As with the flavor, feels rather lazy.

Same as the last one, seems fine/

Total: 27/100

[spoiler=Garland Chaos - Spirit Hero Enkel]

Balance: 20/45

Honestly, it’s… really annoying? It’s not absurdly unfair, but it doesn’t do much of anything.

It’s unfair against less fair decks, but that’s not saying much. ESPECIALLY since it can only use one of its effects per turn, not both.

I can’t really fault you for it, because the haphazard is outweighed by the attempts to balance, but it’s just… There. It doesn’t DO anything.

However, I will say that I dislike this Hand + Grave Trap approach I’ve seen here. This example is mostly fine, but at least 2 more come up here, and it confuses me.

Flavor: 18/35

Why Enkel? Is it just a name, or did you intend it to be a Grandson? Cause this isn’t really grandson at all. Won’t hold it against you, because I figure it’s just a name.

I feel like more could have been done, though. It’s a Spirit Hero, but it only protects/rises for DARK, which the name doesn’t really fit with. I get the general flow and idea, but… It’s not quite there.

Creativity: 5/10

Kinda nitpicking here, but… The idea WAS to design an ace. Does this… really seem like the sort of thing that would be a character’s ace? A floater that does nothing but serve as a sort of handtrap then appear?

You are certainly not the most offensive in this area, and the idea is neat, but I’m not sure it entirely fits the theme.

Seems fine, again. The fact that this is the third 10 in a row shows me how much I dislike this being graded at all, but there will always be that one person who messes up.

Total: 53/100

[spoiler=Tori-kun - Atma Warrior]

It’s just a bunch of “funk you” to the opponent.

The first effect genuinely does not function, given the current wording, because it’s an inherent effect that behaves like an activated effect.

I guess it’s supposed to be a Pendulum answer, but, like… Why is it so generic?

And why is it a gravetrap, too? It just exists to punish the opponent for playing YGO, and it does too much.

I can’t give it any points. I really can’t, considering it’s just there to shut the opp down. At least you can only do it once a turn…?

Flavor: 10/35

Is there flavor here? I don’t really see anything…

It’s a warrior of the self/soul, so I guess it staunchly defends itself? That’s all I got, and I feel like I’m putting words in your mouth.

Creativity: 2/10

This isn’t really an ace card. This is more like a weird ass Gorz. And it’s just the same effect in two flavors.

Grammar: 5/10

First effect… doesn’;t work. It doesn’t make sense with YGO wording and jargon. I worked on the assumption that it had been worded properly, but even I can tell that it isn’;t. Second half seems fine.

Total: 17/100

[spoiler=SilentKatana - Aes Sidhe the Storm General]

I have to say, I loved this card when I first saw it. It’s not perfect, but I can see the effort put in, so I just want to thank you for that!

Balance: 27/45

By no means is this card perfect. Mostly due to a lack of adequate restrictions. You can easily loop this into multiple copies of itself, only devoting an extra tuner each time you do so.

It needed a hard OPT, but nothing it does is too good OR too weak, which makes it fall right down the middle. It’s just… the restriction lacking hurts the design itself, which makes me a bit sad.

Flavor: 30/35

I actually looked up the Aes Sidhe as soon as you posted this, and… Well, I immediately understood the 1+ effect. While I wish it sacked S/T (objects/food, not beings), I can get why you’d choose monsters, so I can let that slide, because functionality cannot totally bow to flavor.

I don’t entirely understand the effects as a whole, but I can tell the love that went into this, as well as the functionality/flavor thing, so enjoy!

Creativity: 8/10

It’s a neat idea. Fairly original, though not completely so, and gets the job done.

Seems fine to me.

Total: 75/100

[spoiler=Mr. Melon - Serket, Protector of the Kings]

Balance: 10/45

Honestly, it seems like a well needed upgrade for Serket. But… My issue comes from the fact that it doesn’t really do so.

It seems like a worse version of Dark Law, especially considering the lack of a home for both serket AND the fact that it only works with heavy traps, which most decks won’t be running, much less decks that can afford to run this.

It just doesn’t have a home. It’s not that it’s weak, as it’s designed to upgrade from /Serket/, but it doesn’t do anything when you have to draw it in addition to OG Serket.

Flavor: 15/35

I guess it ties in to Serket’s connection with Temple of the Kings, but… Why is this an upgrade from his mystical beast? How are they tied to summoning Apophis based clones, despite Apophis being more-or-less satan?

It seems like a loose definition of an upgrade, really.

I’ll give you this. Execution isn’t perfect, but I see the idea here, and I can appreciate that/

Pretty sure the first effect doesn’t entirely work. Should be activated/

Total: 38/100

[spoiler=Undyne the Undying - Snowdust Master]

Balance: 30/45

And here we have another upgrade to a fairly weak monster… But hey, the weak part is fine, the execution and home is what matters.

Summoning is fine, considering that you can find ways to cheat the summon, especially since Ice Master is 8. Could have roped Snowdust Dragon in, through technicalities like Level + ice counter effects, but that’s a nitpick.

I dislike that it restricts itself, where other Ice Counter cards don’t. I get that you’ll remove it ASAP, but… it seems a little too weak for that, at least in this area.

That said, it is an easy to summon 30/25 that also pulls up a card from your Grave when summoned, depending on board state. It has a lot of potential, I just wish it didn’t stick itself.

Flavor: 29/35

The use of “Snowdust” makes me happy, considering we have 2 Snowdust cards, and it seems like a logical upgrade for something along their lines.

Overall, it seems like a great upgrade. I do have to take points off for freezing itself, though it seems more like an oversight than anything.

Nothing too out there, but attempts to both speed up and enable a deck. Not a home, but a solid upgrade to an existing card.

Seems absolutely fine.

Total: 77/100

[spoiler=Spell Counter King - Gemini Lord]

You have changed this card so many times it isn’t even funny. I had an opinion of “Gemini Warlock” that was different, so let’s see how this goes…

Balance: 5/45

Lv. 7, so can be Pendulum Summoned. Edea/Eidos is bad because you don’t get the gemini off that turn.

Unlike old versions, which were too top heavy, this does too much. Supervise exists, but even ignoring Supervise, this basically says that your geminis are now juggernauts. It does too much, and it really doesn’t make sense.

Why is this even a gemini monster? We have Fusion/Synchro gemini supporters that aren’t geminis, and they get the general idea done better. This could have been the same.

You went from a card that was like “well it can age well” to a card that has even more potential to do too much.

Why is it a Lord? Why is it a winged beast? Why?

Nothing is answered here. I guess it’s the lord of the geminis in effect, but that’s still pushing it.

No. It’s a mess of DO EVERYTHING.

It’s fine I guess? God, I hate this section.

Total: 20/100

[spoiler=JuanoGS11 - Dragon King Bahamut]

Why?

We have another do everything here. Can’t die in most battles, making it an easy 2500 damage in addition to being a version of Mistake, albeit only when in a worse position… but there are decks that can do this sort of thing. Shiranui, for example, EXCEL at having low “advantage” but having the grave lined up and ready for action. Pendulums have the potential to do similar ,as well.

And it floats when killed. Wonderful.

Not the worst, but not good.

Flavor: 15/35

Why is this a behemoth/Bahamut? Other than art connection.

What does the effect have t odo with this? I can see the first effect being making others kneel, but the rest?

Effects forced together. Not really creative.

Fine, I guess.

Total: 43/100

[spoiler=cardgameking - Dissonance Mantis]

Just letting you know, this card genuinely doesn’t work. It’s another card that tries to be inherent with an effect that clearly isn’t, considering timing/wording.

I thought this card was cute, but why did you randomly throw a double battle damage clause on it?

Like, it helps you get advantage, and I wondered why it was so restricted, but it’s… to justify putting more damage out???

That’s not really a solid design move.

I like that it upgrades from Resonance, so to speak, but it’s not entirely clear why it’s the way it is. Is it to help you cheat resonance out then win games…?

It’s just summoning with a damaging effect. I guess it’s not terrible?

Some errors.

Total: 40/100

[spoiler=Fluffyfish - Elemental HERO Omega Neos]

I mean, it seems kinda wrong to print a card that actively allows you to cheat summoning conditions entirely just for running Neos + Poly. Yes, Gem-Knights have some similar such stuff, but that doesn’t make them well designed.

It feels somewhat forced or shoehorned, and it just begs for abuse, despite there being few targets to actually do so with.

… Why? Why is it a Neos that supports Elemental HERO in almost its entirety? Neos was never about the E-HEROs, barely even having two fusions that work with them. This feels incredibly forced, though I guess you stuck to the roots somewhat.

It’s just an excuse to tech E-HERO fusions without having to make them. It’s… a cute idea???

Grammar: 8/10

Little difficult, not too bad.

[spoiler=VCR_CAT - Blazing Steel Zocho-TEN]

Balance: 25/45

I don’t really like the Pendulum Effect. Similar such effects exist, but not on 25/20 beaters that are then battle immune. Granted, this isn’t in an archetype, but I still feel as if you went a bit too far with it. Little too strong, should have been forced to summon in DEF or something, or been non-optional.

Scale 3 is fine. Not amazing, not bad.

Monster effect feels like you went a bit all in, but not in a way I’d really penalize? Cards like this tend to only gain 100 extra, not DOUBLE, which means this can be a pretty big blowout.

I don’t really think it needed the degree of attack restriction, though. Something of the sort was needed, but… IDK, it feels like it rewards you for outing Towers/etc, but then punishes you because you have to give up your BP in order to answer it.

And then Towers like Ulti Ruri/Magnus just laugh because they manage to come back, and the BP you gave up was too much.

I appreciate the punishment to Towers monsters, but you overrestricted this effect too much in order to make it deal more damage, and that just feels like a mistake. I’m not sure how you otherwise restrict it, but it needed something else.

Flavor: 20/35

There’s a bit of a disconnect between the name, attribute, and art. It’s “Blazing Steel”, but there’s no connection to fire, and the monster is blue. Where’s the WIND for something in space? And I get that the blade is giving off sparks, but… Then why WIND?

I do appreciate how well this sticks to the theme’s flavor, as it definitely feels like an Ace, but I just feel like you didn’t quite nail it in the flavor department.

Creativity: 10/10

And this is where I praise the monster effect. It feels VERY main character-y, and reminds me of some of Utopia’s uses.

Lots of thought was put in here.

Seems fine.

Total: 65/100

[spoiler=Yuuji Kazami - Mecha Silencer Dragoon, Lord Gale]

Okay, why is it also a machine? Part of design is elegance, and it’s inelegant to tack on a clause that has no real need to be there. Is it to make it able to be outed by Cyber Dragon? Or something? It’s just… not needed. Either it’s a machine (which it looks like) or a Dragon.

Now, while it is hard to summon, it’s basically a better Fabled Soulkius. Dragon/DARK means it is insanely easy to drop into the grave, and it’s not even that hard to bring back. With cards like the Blue-Eyes support and the Felgrand SD, it’s not even that hard. Not to mention generic cards, considering Armageddon Knight exists.

Then it’s board negation. While not as good as a generic negate, obviously, still a fairly potent effect.

And it’s 8 for Trade-In, which makes it less of a dead draw in Blue-Eyes, as a 1-of.

It’s too easy to summon for its type/attribute combination. It’s not some absurd monstrosity, but it takes the same advantage investment as an ED monster while being totally generic, and during either player’s turn. 2 cards = 2500 that negates stuff, meaning it’s likely going to +0 or better, especially considering it has strong stats.

It’s too unfair, all in all. Unfairness is part of cardgames to be sure, and can’t be repressed, but this goes over. Making it a machine only would have been better than this mix.

Well, it silences things… but the fact that this counts as a Dragon irks me here. It’s clearly a machine, given the art, you just chose to give it a better printed type for value, which is going for functionality over flavor. Art = Flavor isn’t be all end all, but choosing art that doesn’t fit is still an issue, which makes choosing art somewhat risky.

Also not sure why it’s “Lord Gale”. I get where silencing comes in, but that’s about it.

It’s Soulkius + negator, with inelegant extra typing. It’s an idea, but not a grand one/

Seems fine.

Total: 38/100

[spoiler=Blackened Carnage - Prosperina, Daughter of the Underworld]

Slowish, but given a summon method to make it less so, which is fine.

Then it has a 1/Turn method to pop stuff on board, but… The effect protection is too much with this.

Don’t get me wrong, the effect protection gives it some edge it needs, but it should NOT be immune to its own pop. It makes it a 1/turn pop a card at worst, which is dumb.

It needed to be OPPONENT’S card effects or “Target 1 other card you control and 1 card your opponent controls” or something.

Little too loose and fast with the ability to destroy so freely.

>Prosperina/Persephone

>Daughter of the Underworld

>Fiend

This doesn’t add up. You could make her queen of the underworld, not daughter. And fairy/spellcaster would be a better type. Fiend isn’t the WORST, but it feels like you skipped over the actual Persephone and made this with her name. Not sure how the effect correlates, either.

I’ll give points for fiend not being the worst pick, but the rest kinda is.

It’s just a scrap dragon on legs… With protection. Not very creative, core idea is really bare bones.

Grammar: 9/10

I feel like you misworded the last effect, though it’s still intelligible.

Total: 37/100

[spoiler=AsdfDuelist - Elemental HERO Masked Neos]

Balance: 10/45

It… it exists?

It restocks your stuff, but what’s the point of making this with Shadow Mist? Or… any other worthwhile hero?

It’s just not really worth going into, especially when we have /2/ good DARK Masked HEROs.

It’s just there and it doesn’t do much unless you run bad cards to enable it. And there’s no incentive to use those bad cards.

So it’s… a Neos upgrade that can’t be made with Neos? And why is it an E-HERO that counts as a Masked Hero?

The fact you made it DARK makes no sense, and it completely kills the flavor. I get that it wears masks, but damn.

This isn’t even a Neos upgrade. Yes, it technically fits the 2500/2000 requirement, but that’s clearly not the aim of the card.

Shrug.

Total: 25/100

[spoiler=Azuriena - Twenty-Six-Winged Martyr Dragon]

Alright, let’s see…

I dislike that this card doubles as removal. Any card that targets becomes removal now, even something like Forbidden Lance. And you can also simply remove your monsters from the board in order to not take damage/get value.

And it punishes the opp for targetting their own cards.

Being able to destroy Yang Zing on demand, for example, seems dumb, especially since this doesn’t make them miss timing.

Lack of OPT on the battle protection bugs me, as well. It seems like a bad idea to be able to blow up your board to draw 4 when opp can’t get over the 2500. Yes, they’d have to play into that, but it means that they can’t swing for value before going MP2, which means it has the potential to make more advantage than is apparent, and in a way that seems too mean to the opponent.

Could easily just be 1/Turn and negate that attack.

Flavor:0 /35

I looked up Twenty Six Martyrs to figure it out, but… What does this have to do with that?

Neither effect seems to reflect this, nor do the typing and attribute. What does this hae to do things?

I can see a bit how you sacrifice your own cards to make value, instead of it dying due to the opponent. But that’s… I guess it’s martyring, but isn’t the monster dying due to the opp be moreso martyring…?

Not to mention the ability to self trigger the first effect, or the fact it synergizes with death. Martyring…?

A dragon of martyrs seems like something that should protect things, not kill them. Think Stardust, who DOES represent Martyrs.

It’s just enabling and drawing. Eh?

Seems fine.

Total: 35/100

[spoiler=Grand Magus - Nemesis Adrestia]

Seriously, why the funk are people making Hand/Grave traps?

Firstly, it creates an eternal mindset of “targeting that monster could ruin me.”

And once it hits the grave, it’s a free 7 every turn to punish removal more, though destruction this time.

It creates such a bad mindset in the game and then does too much… And can use both of its effects in a single turn.

Flavor: 30/35

Nemesis/her follower/second self serve to be inescapable retribution… I’ll give you that you nailed this. Like, I don’t get why it’s a machine other than a potential Persona nod, but you nailed this.

I’m going to have to take a couple points off for the machine thing. Many Greek gods have been turned into monsters, and they’re fairies, often linked together.

But overall, very pleased.

I don’t feel like this really fits being an ace, though better than others I say such of, and it just serves to be a bundle of funk you/

Fine tbh.

[spoiler=ナナシ - Sorceress of the Forbidden Scrollery, Belliana]

Balance: 25/45

Pendulum Effect is… iffy? It seems a bit abusable, though not too much at present. Seems really iffy, considering the nature of the pendulum mechanic.

Self-protection effect seems fine.

LIGHT Effect seems fine, though I think wording should be different. No points off here, just noting.

DARK… damn. I feel like you should have said if you destroyed 2 or more cards you search, because this is damn potent, and it doesn’t even prevent you from searching/setting a Quickplay spell. Yes, this effect is harder to use, but… idk, it seems iffy to me. Really iffy. Not absurdly broken, but getting from the deck is a lot stronger than, say, Enlightenment’s retrieval, even with drawback.

I feel like it does a little too much, but I don’t think it’s too far out there. Typing, Level, Effect, Scales, all seems fine, and it doesn’t suffer from the issue that the DM Pendulum did, seeing as this is a low/accessible scale.

Definite potential here, though.

Flavor: 35/35

I assume this has no relation to the turtle known as Kinixyz Belliana, so moving on…

I like it. I like the idea that it’s something that gets tainted by and/or accesses a darker magic that changes it. Sorta reminds me of Fool of Prophecy -> Reaper of Prophecy -> World of Prophecy.

It’s Chaos in a neat different way, more reflecting the duality of Light and Dark, and it definitely feels like an ace card.

All in all, I really like this card.

Creativity: 7/10

It uses the destruction of pendulums a little too much, which is abusive and not very creative. Overall, neat idea, thjough.

Seems fine.

Total: 77/100

Totals and winners will be officially announced very soon.

Totals:

• 77: ナナシ + Undyne the Undying
  • 75: SilentKatana
  • 65: VCR_CAT
  • 53: Garland Chaos
  • 43: JuanoGS11 + Fluffyfish + Grand Magus
  • 40: cardgameking
  • 38: Mr. Melon + Yuuji Kazami
  • 37: Blackened Carnage
  • 35: Azuriena
  • 33: Silenth
  • 27: Ruri Unsou
  • 25: AsdfDuelist
  • 20: Spell Counter King
  • 17: Tori-kun

Average Score: 43.67 points.

Winners:

First Place: 

ナナシ 

Undyne the Undying

Second Place:

SilentKatana

Third Place:

VCR_CAT

Both first place winners shall receive the full prizes, including a mimic of the additional amount!

Striker donated 3750 points to the contest, so they were to be divied up evenly between the slots. I will give the second first place winner points to match, in addition to the regular prize.

Thank you all for participating!

Ah...glad that the excess amount of time I used to play the flavor paid off. Though...thinking about it, it would probably fit the flavor more to incorporate Spells more for its cost.  Yeah....can't really think on how to feasibly fit the card back then without pendulum destruction as costs, but I guess it really is my fault for being in a tunnel vision on that part.

But anyway, Sorceress of the Forbidden Scrollery, Belliana is based on entirely on a manga I recently read: Touhou Suzunaan, which English subtitle is...Forbidden Scrollery. Featuring the main character's waning humanity in the face of the temptation of forbidden books, and the main character's name can be translated as "Little Bell". So basically the card is based on the manga's plot.

I didn't understand one question you put in the flavor part- "Why does it have the DEF Monster effect?"

I thought it was a given because, y' know, changing your monster's battle position to def with the other eff and stop your opponent from doing multiple attacks. But that wouldn't change the fact that I really suck at giving cards flavor, so...yea just wanted to clear that out, maybe you didn't get the interactions between the first and second effs.

[spoiler=Flavour]I only want to talk about this because I received 0 for this section, and funnily enough, I guess I did sacrifice balance just to put "Martyr" in this card's name.

Could easily just be 1/Turn and negate that attack.

I mean, that goes against the target -> destruction -> draw motif the card has.

I looked up Twenty Six Martyrs to figure it out, but… What does this have to do with that?

"Twenty-Six-Winged" refers to the extent of the card's domain (the Card Zones on the field) of its first effect. (I chose WIND due to its method of attack and for the Stardust and targeting/destruction parallel. Admittedly, this is not significant.)

Neither effect seems to reflect this, nor do the typing and attribute. What does this hae to do things?

I can see a bit how you sacrifice your own cards to make value, instead of it dying due to the opponent. But that’s… I guess it’s martyring, but isn’t the monster dying due to the opp be moreso martyring…?

Not to mention the ability to self trigger the first effect, or the fact it synergizes with death. Martyring…?

A dragon of martyrs seems like something that should protect things, not kill them. Think Stardust, who DOES represent Martyrs.

Like you said, your opponent cannot attack your other monsters without first killing Martyr Dragon due to its second effect, without being put in disadvantage. You required an ace monster statline so I wanted to make that 2500 significant.

But I would also like to comment on these.

And you can also simply remove your monsters from the board in order to not take damage/get value.

I mean in the case that your opponent can get over the 2500, you'd be taking 2500 more damage if you blow the monster up.

Being able to destroy Yang Zing on demand, for example, seems dumb, especially since this doesn’t make them miss timing.

Unless I'm missing something, what? They'd totally miss timing if you blow them up with this card's first effect. And I seriously doubt you are referring to its second effect.

[spoiler=Flavour]I only want to talk about this because I received 0 for this section, and funnily enough, I guess I did sacrifice balance just to put "Martyr" in this card's name.

I mean, that goes against the target -> destruction -> draw motif the card has.

"Twenty-Six-Winged" refers to the extent of the card's domain (the Card Zones on the field) of its first effect. (I chose WIND due to its method of attack and for the Stardust and targeting/destruction parallel. Admittedly, this is not significant.)

Like you said, your opponent cannot attack your other monsters without first killing Martyr Dragon due to its second effect, without being put in disadvantage. You required an ace monster statline so I wanted to make that 2500 significant.

But I would also like to comment on these.

I mean in the case that your opponent can get over the 2500, you'd be taking 2500 more damage if you blow the monster up.

Unless I'm missing something, what? They'd totally miss timing if you blow them up with this card's first effect. And I seriously doubt you are referring to its second effect.

yes, you take damage. But this also increases the quality of hand traps, and there's always the fact that you don't HAVE to use it.

", and if you do"

That is wording that makes things not miss timing. ", then" causes missed timing.

yes, you take damage. But this also increases the quality of hand traps, and there's always the fact that you don't HAVE to use it.

", and if you do"

That is wording that makes things not miss timing. ", then" causes missed timing.

The effect must always be activated as Chain Link 2 or higher.

Archived