Yu-Gi-Oh! Rulings Questions

• Replies 16.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If Player A activates Cloak and Dagger and declares Dark Armed Dragon' date=' then Player B summons Dark Armed Dragon, can Player B still activate Dark Armed Dragon's effect before it is removed by Cloak and Dagger's effect?

[/quote']

Continuing, if you call Priority on Dark Armed Dragon, and you destroy Cloak and Dagger, then would Dark Armed Dragon stay on the field?

My idea is that it should, since the Continuous trap is removed, and can no longer resolve.

Right scratch my first answer as it is incorrect.

Normally, after you Special Summon "Demise", you, as the Turn Player, have Priority to activate his Ignition Effect. But, since the effect of "Cloak and Dagger" is a Mandatory Trigger that automatically activates when the appropriate monster is Summoned, it 'uses' up the Turn Player's Priority and automatically becomes Chain Link 1 of the Summon Response Chain. The Turn Player can certainly chain to the effect of "Cloak and Dagger", but not with the effect of "Demise" because it's a Spell Speed 1 Ignition Effect.

Im using the example of demise. Trigger effects are spell speed 2. DADs ignition effect is spell speed 1 thus cannot be chained

^ At the moment there is no official ruling. However lvl 3 judges say that only the first effect is activated. This is because of this ruling: The opponent is still considered the owner of the card you take by the effect of "Exchange" for all purposes. This means that discarding by card destruction is still considered being destroyed by your own card effect and you only get to special summon it to your side of the field

Both Phantom of Chaos effect and JDs mill effect activate at the same time. Thus you can place them on a chain in any order you please.

So the best way to do it would be

Phantom of Chaos effect as chain link 1

JDs mill effect as chain link 2

Thus you get to mill then PoC loses the name and effect.

This is the same if you take control of a LS with brain control

(I'm using bad cards as an example; deal.)

Say I want to Synchro Summon Hydro Genex. Now, its materials are Genex Controller and 1 or more WATER non-Tuners. If I have a monster that can take Genex Controller's name, like Neo-Spacian Dark Panther, would I still be able to Synchro Summon Hydro Genex with it, even though Dark Panther's not a Tuner?

More of a 'Common' ruling... but...

Lets say i have Summon Plasma' date=' and take "Garth, Lightsworn Warrior" (atk 1850)

then its ATK is 2825.

Opponent Shrinks.

What is its ATK?

Does it go into decimals?

[/quote']

Plasma has an Original ATK of 1900 and a Continuous Effect that increases its ATK by (in this case) 925.

Shrink cuts Original ATK in half.

Therefore, Plasma's Original ATK (1900) is cut in half (950), and then its Continuous Effect boosts its ATK to 1875.

EDIT:

Jinzo VS Solemn?

Long answer: Solemn negates the summon of Jinzo, so Jinzo is never on the field, and therefore Jinzo's Continuous effect is never applied and cannot negate Solemn.

Short answer: Solemn wins.

Long version: If I have "Raviel, Lord of Phantasms" and "The Dark - Hex-Sealed Fusion" in my Graveyard, and activate "Dark Calling", can I use "The Dark - Hex-Sealed Fusion" as a substitute for "Evil Hero Malicious Edge" and SS "Evil Hero Malicious Devil"?

Short version: Is the effect of Fusion Substitutes usable in the Graveyard?

Archived