Pocket Monsters: Sun & Moon

• Replies 940
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wonder if Team Rocket will be getting a Bewear. I mean, an overly affectionate pokemon whose gestures cause harm is James' shtick, since it fits that he'd get that or at least start with a Stuffal.

I literally just pondered this myself, lel. But yeah I do see James starting off with a Stuffal, and evolving later on.

Ash is...............going to school. Um...........ok. Thats..............different. I really don't know how to feel about that, especially given everything in XY.

Ash getting the grass type returns to the anime norm, and nothing wrong with that. Of the three, it is the most likely to fit into his style of glass cannons.

You know, the fact Oak had a Rotom for the Rotom Dex feels oddly perfect. Curious if they were planning on having that when they gave it to him in the BW anime, him getting it planted the idea for the games, or if they just got lucky.

Wonder who the companions will be. Although, if this is more him going to school it might not have travel companions so much as just having a stable cast of characters that is the "class" that he travels with. Regardless, Mallow does pop out the most of the 4 known Trial Captains.

Less hassle involved in making a new thread than PMing a mod to re-open the previous thread I suppose.

Ash is...............going to school. Um...........ok. Thats..............different. I really don't know how to feel about that, especially given everything in XY.

It certainly is different. I'm interested in seeing what the writers do with this tbph.

Ash getting the grass type returns to the anime norm, and nothing wrong with that. Of the three, it is the most likely to fit into his style of glass cannons.

Indeed. I'm also expecting him to get Pipikek.

You know, the fact Oak had a Rotom for the Rotom Dex feels oddly perfect. Curious if they were planning on having that when they gave it to him in the BW anime, him getting it planted the idea for the games, or if they just got lucky.

I mentioned this in the XY thread, that with the reveal of the Rotom Dex, that Oak getting a Rotom made sense. I feel that it's merely a coincidence though.

Someone on the Serebii forums pointed this out;

Ash's eyes have changed back to being primarily black, unlike the brown-eyes in BW/XY

Weird. Wonder why they changed that. Mallow has decently pronounced eye color in the promo art, but it doesn't look as much in the screen shot of the anime itself. Curious how it will end up comparing to BW/XY.

Hold it! I started the Sun and Moon Thread a while ago, why not open that up?

Because I told you then that if you wanted to be the one to make the thread you would need to be the one to actually make the thread when news broke.

It certainly is different. I'm interested in seeing what the writers do with this tbph.

Indeed. I'm also expecting him to get Pipikek.

I'm a little nervous that they'll regress his character again. Might be because of the goofy Z posing, but he doesn't have as mature a look as he does in XY.

And yea, he has ALWAYS had the generic bird. Though it would be interesting to see that trend break.

Weird. Wonder why they changed that. Mallow has decently pronounced eye color in the promo art, but it doesn't look as much in the screen shot of the anime itself. Curious how it will end up comparing to BW/XY.

I'm curious as well, though I find myself asking why they changed Ash's colour in Best Wishes. Probs didn't occur to me back then.

I'm a little nervous that they'll regress his character again. Might be because of the goofy Z posing, but he doesn't have as mature a look as he does in XY.

And yea, he has ALWAYS had the generic bird. Though it would be interesting to see that trend break.

People on the Serebii forums have also been talking about Ash regressing in this series. (Some even talked about Yokai Watch in the early pages of their thread).

I think it would be interesting to see the generic bird trend break, but yeah I'm sure he'll obtain it.

idk why but he looks really young here.

digging the change in style tho. Hopefully this isn't another Best Wishes.

Glad I'm not the only one seeing that. As I said, part of it might just be the goofy posing, but I do think its there. Its why I'm afraid of the reset button.

People on the Serebii forums have also been talking about Ash regressing in this series. (Some even talked about Yokai Watch in the early pages of their thread).

I mean, it DOES make some sense to play into the younger audience. I just think its a terrible idea, since not only is there nothing wrong with him not acting like a doofy kid, being forced to undo all the amazing progress Ash has made in XY would be several kinds of aggravating and upsetting.

I mean, it DOES make some sense to play into the younger audience. I just think it's a terrible idea, since not only is there nothing wrong with him not acting like a doofy kid, being forced to undo all the amazing progress Ash has made in XY would be several kinds of aggravating and upsetting.

I agree, there's nothing wrong with Ash acting like a doofy kid, just as long as it's done in moderation, but yeah undoing the progress he made in XY would be annoying.

I agree, there's nothing wrong with Ash acting like a doofy kid, just as long as it's done in moderation, but yeah undoing the progress he made in XY would be annoying.

And its not like Ash hasn't had his doofy moments in XY. I've said it a bunch in the XY thread, but the series has a LOT of shonen elements. Ash especially feels like a pretty standard Shonen hero.

Honestly, I feel like I would have been unsure of the new season initially simply because XY turned out so good, but the VERY different premiss and the character design have left me more unsure than I was expecting.

[spoiler I will let this go]

Well, I guess it's too late, but Brit, when 8th gen anime is out, and I start it, no one locks it, it's only right. You had XY, so I figured it was my turn to start up the sun and moon thread.

Anyway, I don't see Serena, so she won't be coming along. Shame too, considering she had 4 votes to go with Ash to Alola in my poll, beating Mallow or someone else.

But what will Ash see first. Tradition has it that Ash will see a legendary pokemon upon starting a new journey:

Kanto: Ho-Oh (Unknown at the time)

Johto: Suicune

Hoenn: Relicanth (Not a legendary but still...)

Sinnoh: Mesprit

Unova: Zekrom

Kalos: Mega Blaziken (Again, not legendary but still...)

Alola: Maybe either Solgaleo or UB01.

Second, his traveling companion. Judging by the pic he may have three: the island chiefs.

Third, TR pokemon, Oh I'm sure James will have nightmares about Bewear.

You think Ash will have all three starters this time around?

Also, Ash's hair may be shorter but I doubt he's getting younger. If he were 9 he would not be on this journey.

And it's not like Ash hasn't had his doofy moments in XY. I've said it a bunch in the XY thread, but the series has a LOT of shonen elements. Ash especially feels like a pretty standard Shonen hero.

Yeah, there have been a number of shonen elements that was present in XY. Speaking of which, protags having doofy grins have been present in many shonen anime. (Which again some people picked up on over on the Serebii forums)

(Should've posted the thread myself after getting the leaks, but oh well. No hard feelings though; I'll just do the next generation for a certain other series or wait for Gen 8 if I'm still around, etc)

Looking at the image, new pic is kinda iffy and yeah, I kinda hope they don't push the reset button on the series after all Ash has accomplished thus far in XY (what exactly does Ash need to go to school for?). If it goes back to a Black/White-esque plot, then it'll suck. 

There appears to be no mention of standard gyms, so probably Ash will be going to the island trials like we are in two months.

(Should've posted the thread myself after getting the leaks, but oh well. No hard feelings though; I'll just do the next generation for a certain other series or wait for Gen 8 if I'm still around, etc)

I said this in the XY thread as well, but yeah I'm surprised you didn't post it when you saw the leaks. (I saw the leaks like minutes before posting le thread which I later found out was 2 hours after your edit in the XY thread)

Archived