Pocket Monsters: Sun & Moon

qmDRyZ5.png

[spoiler=Thoughts on SM086]
- After recent missions, Lusamine gets a reservation for the cast and the ride pokemon to relax at the Resort Spa on Akala (basically Hano Grand Resort then), and on the boat ride there Mallow is informed that Oranguru is a regular customer at the resort, and on arrival Oranguru pays for its own reservation. (It is smart enough to do so after all)
- Whilst the entirety of their roster goes to have fun, the Ultra Guardians have the ride pokemon assessed to see what treatment course is best.
- Meanwhile Team Rocket are disguised as staff plan to steal their pokemon whilst still doing their job to keep up appearances.
- After Vera stupidly jumps into the hot spring water, followed by Flygon, Garchomp, and Altaria who forced Lillie with it, Lillie smartly breaks the fourth wall by warning viewers to not try that at home (Rightly so, as that was dangerous). Though I was not expecting Altaria's wings to shrink.
- I have to say, those chairs must be so strong to hold Turtonator's weight. Though I would've liked to see more interractions with the partner pokemon rather than spend like half the episode in TR's trap. I know this episode is more focused on the Ride pokemon but the other 'mons only had like a minute of fun.
- The interractions between Lillie/Altaria and Lana/Dragonair during the mud treatment was cute, and the Garchomp/Flygon race was interesting to see, though it is a shame we didn't see a result.
- Once the ride pokemon buy into TR's bollocks and the twerps are trapped, TR reveal that the last part of their plan is to capture the "limp" ride pokemon in an electromagnetic net (with two Ground-types? Big brain plan right there), though I will admit, TR helping the Ultra Guardians and ride pokemon to relax so that they become "useless" kinda caused their downfall as the relaxation got them recharged.
- During the fight when the Sludge Bomb bounced off Metang, Meowth said that it bounced off because its skin is smooth, though that is irrelevant as Metang is immune to poison-type moves anyway.
- After rescuing the main cast's pokemon, the Ride Pokemon team up to defeat TR and just as they're about to blast off, Bewear "trespasses" to drag TR off. I'm sticking to my headcanon that Bewear trespassed as it wasn't seen paying to get in and I don't think it was hiding there the entire episode.
- In the end, trespasser Bewear relaxes with TR in the hot spring and in the post-credits scene after TR gets out (almost boiling to death), Bewear is still relaxing like normal meaning it has an incredible heat tolerance. Same with Oranguru who was also still in the hot spring in the post-credits scene.
All in all, this was a fun filler episode, though with the tone of the next episode, I'm not surprised there was some sort of set up.

[spoiler=SM087 preview]
Gladion joins the Ultra Guardians (as their "sixth ranger") and has Noivern as a ride pokemon

[spoiler on another note]

Looks like we got our Black Ranger, and all the adults are gloomy. Necrozma man.

[spoiler=Obligatory response]

...Yeah (though I referred to them as the "Sixth Ranger" because they're essentially a "Sixth Ranger" despite being #7), though you could've posted that without quoting the above post for no reason.

• Replies 940
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I heard about that yesterday and it is sad, though 67 is somewhat young. At least the last episode that he recorded narrative for isn't going to be delayed. I would say more, but I don't have the words. I actually don't.

On another note,

[spoiler=…]

From the preview, it's surprising that Matori is getting in on the action given that she has been a secretary for practically an eternity.

Also

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sH2HH6zp-jQ

I heard about that yesterday and it is sad, though 67 is somewhat young. At least the last episode that he recorded narrative for isn't going to be delayed. I would say more, but I don't have the words. I actually don't.

On another note,

[spoiler=…]

From the preview, it's surprising that Matori is getting in on the action given that she has been a secretary for practically an eternity.

Also

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sH2HH6zp-jQ

And:

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2018-08-18/fellow-voice-actors-respond-to-unsho-ishizuka-passing/.135593

He was well liked.

Just going to add last week's thoughts here too because I forgot. 

[spoiler=SM086]

Was a generally good filler episode to see the Ride Pokemon used for things other than actual UB hunting missions. But yeah, Oranguru frequents the place often so staff know him.

Right...and everyone jumping into pool for stuff.

[spoiler=SM087]

• All of the adults in this episode are lazy and lack of energy, but that's due to Ultra Aura going down.
  • Sophocles still useless as sheet; you're lucky everyone else shared their food with you.
  • Z-Moves don't work well because Ultra Aura went out.
  • We see Lunala and Solgaleo in Ultra Hole being chased by Necrozma; latter gets knocked out a bit.
  • Gladion is the new Ultra Guardian
  • Team Rocket apparently wants to capture Necrozma (but I suspect it'll be their downfall from previews)
    • As dark as it is to suggest that Necrozma kill them during the arc, yeah, though it'd go into its dex entries.

Then again, at their current power level, Ash and friends are nowhere near ready to fight Necrozma, let alone as ULTRA Necrozma with Aura.

qmDRyZ5.png

[spoiler=Thoughts on SM087]

- When Vera wakes up he finds that Kukui and Burnet are acting weird, something that is the others moan about when they arrive at class (Sophocoles moaning about having no breakfast, Kiawe moaning about having to do more work on the farm, etc). Heck Kukui even says "sup" instead of "alola", something that Lillie calls him out on, and he tells the class to learn by themselves, prompting Kiawe to tell the class about the upcoming festival.

- The Manalo festival is an event that happens every 21 years in Alola in which a total eclipse happens and the four Kahunas go to their ruins and offer a prayer of gratitude to the legendary pokemon spoken of in Alola's creation myth (At this point I'm assuming that Hapu is already established as a Kahuna in the anime otherwise this festival wouldn't even go ahead), which is stated to be The Radiant One and Lillie tells the story about it that Lusamine told her

- Sophocoles was lucky that his friends had food to share after bringing no lunch (He should learn to make it himself to be fair)

- At the doughnut place, Meowth chats about how exciting the eclipse will be whilst Jessie/James are like "big deal" as a result of the strange goings on. (Oh look another episode featuring the trio with no Bewear, what a shock  Kappa  ) 

- At the Aether Foundation, they find out what is happening and it turns out that a small wormhole is sucking in the Ultra Aura which seems to be having an effect on adults (like Wicke being harsher on Faba for instance), but children/pokemon seem to be fine, and the decrease in aura is preventing Z-Moves from working very well.

- I wonder what cheap knock-off console Faba is playing  Kappa  .

- Meanwhile, Matori is on her way to Alola with a special unit tasked with capturing the Radiant One, and they're going in camouflaged (smart move)

- Of course Silvally is acting out considering what is about to go down

- ??? is playing kiss chase with Solgaleo/Lunala?  Kappa Jk, the two are running from it and Solgaleo gets hit from ???'s assault (I know it's Necrozma, but I'm treating it as ??? for now)

- The Ultra Guardians arrive at the Altar of the Sunne and Gladion is revealed to be their "sixth ranger" wearing a Z-Power Ring to boot

- Faba has invented a machine to clear the clouds, but require Z-Move power to work (great thinking genius /sarcasm), at least the power emitted allowed for the machine to work

- Lunala emerges from a wormhole with ??? giving chase, which causes Silvally to act up again.

On another note, this arc is only looking to be 4 episodes long.

[spoiler=stuffy stuff]

https://imgur.com/BiVT98R
The biggest trouble Alola has ever faced!!
A confrontation with Necrozma!!
Necrozma absorbs the "Ultra Aura" the legendary Pokémon possess! Danger approaches the legendary Pokémon protecting Alola!!
Necrozma: A mysterious lifeform that came from a parallel universe. Apparently it absorbs Ultra Aura and turns it into power for itself.
Blurb: It attacks by firing powerful beams!
Necrozma ends up absorbing the legendary Pokémon!!
Necrozma reacts to Solgaleo and Lunala's powerful Ultra Aura and attacks them!
Solar Eclipse Necrozma: It has absorbed Solgaleo! How will Satoshi and the others save it?!
Lunar Eclipse Necrozma: Lunala got released again after being absorbed.
Resolve this crisis by using everyone's power!!
The key to stopping Necrozma is using everyone's power! If everyone's Z-Power is gathered together, there may be a chance of victory?!
Blurb: Concentrate everyone's power!
Necrozma will appear September 6th and 13th! Don't miss the airing of these episodes!!!

I was gonna say that, but I can expand (by also repeating info)

It has been confirmed that as of October 7th 2018, the Pokémon anime will have moved on TV Tokyo from Thursdays at 18:55 to Sundays at 18:00. This is part of a move by the new head of TV Tokyo to help make Sundays more family orientated. The last episode to air before the shift will air on September 13th and have 2 weeks of no episodes (technically the hiatus will be 3 and a half weeks). This is the first shift from the Thursday timeslot since April 16th 1998 when the timeslot shifted from Tuesdays following the hiatus after the Porygon episode aired

As long as the change doesn't affect the general quality of episodes, it's fine. (Also means that I can actually devote Thursdays to actually doing work and other stuff)

[spoiler=SM 088]

• OK, so Necrozma comes out and battles Lunala over Alola.
  • Ultra Guardians get sent to Melemele to protect the peace.
  • All of the Island Kahuna (well, barring Hapu right now or whomever it ends up being) are shown at the shrines.
  • Nebby returns, but Necrozma starts fusing with it. (TBF, it also made Dawn Wings Necrozma first)
  • Light from the Z-Rings restores Lunala's powers.
  • TR sends in elite force led by Matori to capture Necrozma.
    • I'm still looking forward to watching Ultra Necrozma destroy them (or hopefully it does).
    • I am well aware there exist Team Rocket fans and saying that Necrozma should annihilate (or humiliate) them is going to push that red button. They have their opinion, as do I. 
  • Necrozma's gone; adults stop being lazy and out of energy.

One thing I will say is that on one hand this change might mean that the Gen 8 anime will likely have a similar artstyle and feel to Sun/Moon. On the other hand, Boruto is also moving to Sundays as well, which kinda makes my thinking moot somewhat, though their new timeslot is within the region of Chibi Maruko and Sazae-san on Fuji TV (Though technically Pokémon is in that timeslot, airing at 6pm whilst Boruto is on at 5:30).

qmDRyZ5.png

[spoiler=Thoughts on SM088]
- The fight between the two legendaries was pretty cool to watch (heck they even had the Dawn-Wings/Dusk-Mane theme in the BG during the retelling which was neat), though I literally had to check whether Lunala could use Phantom Force as in my defence I never trained Lunala after capturing it, it simply buggered off into the box
- Matori orders the TR trio to go home, but obviously they refuse (making this the second Bewear-less episode in a row)
 - Side note, it appears that Gozu is only wearing an eyepatch just to look cool
- Lunala saving Lillie was cute after she fell off Altaria following the attack from ???
- Rotom notes that ??? must have a connection to the Radiant One when they see the prism star on its back
- When ??? (Necrozma, but that isn't known in the anime yet, thus the ???) and Lunala reach MeleMele, Hala doesn't seem as exhausted as the other adults for some reason (He was still affected given his coat began to slip)
- As soon as ??? and Lunala fuse becoming dawn Wings ???, audio from Diamond & Pearl is reused as the sound it makes is the same as Palkia (Is that Palkia's Halloween costume or something?  Kappa  ). I have to say though, the way it fused was pretty cool, scattering its parts to connect with Lunala and what not.
- After notPalkia escapes from TR unit's net Solgaleo saves Vera from the remnants. At least we know that Solgaleo is Nebby when Vera said "I've missed you."
- Solgaleo saves Lunala from ???, but Lunala is injured as a result which gave the TR unit the chance to catch them both, but Vera and Gladion stopped them and Solgaleo strikes the aircraft with Flash cannon causing said aircraft to retreat.
- When ??? fused with Solgaleo (Which wasn't as cool as the Lunala fusion imo), it simply buggered off into the wormhole, and as a result the adults regain their energy, with Lusamine noting that they got better when ??? absorbed Solgaleo's Ultra Aura
- Faba informs everyone that the unit that tried to capture the Legendaries were part of Team Rocket
- The next morning (the day of the festival), the Kahunas are at their shrines and of course we don't see the Kahuna of Poni, heck even the dialogue said during the next episode preview addresses this, saying "It's complicated" (Basically code for: Poni doesn't have a Kahuna at present because of circumstances) and they're whispering amongst themselves about it, throwing in a Whismur mention for the pun.
- Lunala is restored thanks to the power of the four Z-Rings
One thing I will say is that the sun/moon cycles are funked up. The day of the eclipse comes a day after a full moon, something that wouldn't happen IRL

EDIT (Monday): new episode title, last one before the 3 and a half week break.

Episode 1033: Connect to the Future! The Legend of the Radiant One!! (September 13th)

In as of the episode currently scheduled to air in Japan on Sunday October 21st 2018, the voice actor Kenyu Horiuchi is currently set to voice Samson Oak. However, it's currently unclear if he will also voice Professor Samuel Oak or do the narration for the anime.

- Kenyu Horiuchi is known for voicing Tobirama Senju in Naruto for example

[spoiler=SM089]

• Ash and friends move on to Poipole's world via Ultra Wormhole
  • Nagandel in said world shows what happened (which then correlates to the legend of the Radiant One)
  • Prof. Kukui and Faba stay behind to deal with Team Rocket (Matori Matrix)
    • The fact that Gozu can do Mega Evolution somewhat violates how Mega Evolution was established last generation. Y'know, because Team Rocket usually doesn't give a sheet about 'mons they have (barring the TR trio)
    • Kukui, you literally have an Incineroar that can burn Aggron up. You should probably use it now.
  • Ash and friends use Z-Power to try to force Necrozma to separate from Nebby.
  • Oh, and apparently Jessie has been taking face lessons from Yami Marik (or do you prefer we call him Melvin). 

1034.jpg

Some information about the Pikachu Valley episode has surfaced; a female Pikachu called Kurin lives in the Pikachu Valley and befriends Pikachu. This female Pikachu has one of the unique customisations from the upcoming game Pokémon Let's Go, Pikachu! (So it's basically a small tie-in)

qmDRyZ5.png

[spoiler=Thoughts on SM089]

- As the Ultra Guardians prepare to leave, Lusamine comments that it's too dangerous, though Gladion replies that when they rescued her they got back safely and thus Lusamine allows this. (Though communications were lost when they enter the wormhole, Wicke tries to get audio)

- Kukui and Faba decide to go after TR's Matori troop after saying that Lusamine should stay, and Kukui has his Braviary attack the cloaked ship, prompting them to fall back as it'd be too dangerous to go in the wormhole with the damage they received, though they go in for a counterattack after Kukui and Faba attack the craft once more.

- Following Lunala, the Ultra Guardians reach Poipoles world and are attacked by other Poipoles who think that they are the enemy, until the Ultra Guardian's Poipole convince them otherwise. As soon as the leader, ??? (Naganadel, but its name isn't mentioned outside the Poke-Problem; and Rotomdex has no data on*) shows up and collapses, Vera suggests they help it, though Gladion notes that they'll lose sight of Lunala

- Burnet gets out 20 billion books to try and decipher the sheet on the mural

- Mallow tries to give ??? Sitrus Berries and it initially refuses until UG-Poipole persuades it to, and... of course it has telepathy

- Kiawe says that they're here to save Solgaleo from UB:Black to which ??? name drops it and requests that they leave Necrozma be as they have use of its power.

- ??? explains that Necrozma gave light to this world, but after a meteor struck it, the light disappeared and Necrozma entered a long slumber and as a result, ??? had no choice but search for a new place to live, and that prompted UG-Poipole to go off on its own. ??? then talks about what happened with Solgaleo/Lunala stating that it's a chance for them.

- Sophocoles says that the tale ??? told seemed familiar and Lillie says that it's similar to the legend of The Radiant One. Thus Necrozma had a reason for attacking Solgaleo/Lunala, to revitalise ???'s world, but it puts the Ultra Guardians in a predicament; if they save Solgaleo, ???'s world remains how it is.

- Like Dawn Wings, Dusk Mane Necrozma also makes the same cry as Palkia (another one of Palkia's Halloween costumes I bet  Kappa  ) and battles with Lunala

- Vera suggests sharing the power of the Z-moves with Necrozma in the hopes that it'll free Solgaleo... I mean Nebby, though the Principal Oak face puns whilst describing his idea was not necessary tbph.

- At Ten Carat Hill, the Matori troop confronts Kukui/Faba and Gozu sends in Aggron and immediately mega evolves it, then it proceeds to one-shot Kukui's/Faba's mons with Heavy Slam (Why Kukui and Faba didn't command their 'mons to dodge is beyond me, though it happened fairly fast and the three 'mons were panicking).

- Of course I would say that technically Kukui has an out to Aggron, he wouldn't send in said 'mon without putting on the Masked Royal's mask, so I'd say that option is out of the question.

- Meanwhile the TR trio comment on how sloppy Kukui/Faba were and whilst chatting about the wormhole, they recite parts of their original motto and Jessie decides to go Yami Marik all of a sudden whilst James does a Vegeta and goes Super Saiyan (and yes I used Vegeta because he was a villain in Dragonball). So now we've gone three episodes featuring the TR trio without Bewear, shame that streak will end next episode (Just like 13 episode absence of Mimikyu).

- Eventually Burnet figures out that Necrozma (UB:Black as they still know it) and The Radiant One are one and the same and wonders how to get this info to the others (Though they have pretty much figured that out as well) 

- When the four Z-Move users enact their plan, Vera comments on Gladion not using Lycanroc, to which he replies that he's matured and reveals he also has a Normalium-Z

- *One gripe I do have is the Poke-Problem segment, and Rotomdex giving telling the viewers the name and type of Poipole's evo when it had no data on it in the episode. So unless Naganadel gave Rotomdex this info off-screen, it simply breaks continuity. (I know it's to educate the viewers, but still...)

(Also minor nitpick, I don't like how this new subber displays the lyrics for the opening/ending on-screen twice, no need really)

[spoiler=Preview]

If the interaction between Poipole and Nagandel are any indication, Poipole might be sticking around after the arc

The girls shown in the second preview (who has Sableye, Pikachu and Eevee) appear to be based on the band "ЯeaL" who sing the current opening.

The second preview also confirms that Gladion's Umbreon is a female.

[spoiler=SM089]

• The fact that Gozu can do Mega Evolution somewhat violates how Mega Evolution was established last generation. Y'know, because Team Rocket usually doesn't give a sheet about 'mons they have (barring the TR trio)
  • Also Kukui has an Incineroar that can burn Aggron up. He should probably use it now.

[spoiler=Response]

What about Giovanni and his Persian?

Also why would Kukui do that? That'd require him putting on the Masked Royal mask  Kappa  .

We have a poster, for the start of the next arc;

sunmoonposter.jpg

That long-haired Eevee (which I assume Ash will catch) is clearly a LGPE tie-in, as-is I presume Brock and Misty. Team Rocket having a Stufful hanging around with them is a surprise though.

And finally, Hau makes a bloody appearance, having a Dartix. Took him long enough quite frankly

Also there will be a new opening theme; "Kimi no Boken" (Your Adventure) by Taiiku Okazaki starting with the next episode when the series returns in 3 and a half weeks.

I wouldn't be surprised if that Bewear TR lives with did have a Stufful cub that only now we find out about.

But yeah, if Ash does catch the Eevee (hopefully), then that'll be nice (and we ask "Ash, why the hell did it take you 20+ years to catch an Eevee"). I'm not watching the Let's Go thread, however wouldn't be surprised if long-hair Eevee is that special. 

====

As for Hau's appearance, I'm not really bothered by why he never show up until now. Then again, we didn't get Calem in XY and don't think any of the Gen 5 protags (we did get Cheren and Bianca).

Probably will still be goofy like he is in-game (and stuffing face with malasada), but we'll see how that turns out.

====

Will edit this post with SM090 thoughts when I watch it later in the day.

EDIT: Alright, here's the thought thing for the week.

[spoiler=SM090]

• Kukui uses Incineroar but reveals that he's the Masked Royal. (But only Faba knows and apparently he's a fan)
  • Team Rocket / Matori Matrix gets screwed over by Tapu Koko.
    • Never piss off the Guardian Deity or you are dead meat.
  • It took the entirety of Alola, plus the Z-Moves of both box mascots to push Necrozma to its Ultra form. Well, at least Ash didn't have to face it in actual combat like we did (no, having to deal with the Dusk Mane form doesn't count).
  • Poipole wanted to stay back, so...Ash released it. Not that I'm surprised as it was bound to happen.
  • Apparently only shown the first 3 Kahunas (Hala, Olivia and Nanu), so...let's assume that either Hapu was doing it off-screen or they had other things.
  • Things go well.

In a couple weeks, we adapt to Pokemon on Sundays and with new narrator (because we know what happened to Unsho Ishizuka).

qmDRyZ5.png

[spoiler=Thoughts on SM090]

- As the rest of the grunts return to the airship, Gozu stays behind to finish the job. Kukui then sends out Incineroar (didn't think he would tbf) and tells Faba not to tell the kids his secret and defeats Mega Aggron with Malicious Moonsault (I like how a wrestling ring was erected out of thin air), which makes the score of Z-Moves vs Megas 2-1 in favour of Z-moves. And it just so happens that Faba is a fan of the Masked Royal and was wearing Masked Royal merch under his lab coat

- Just as the Matori unit approaches the wormhole, Tapu Koko wrecks the ship, but it's still mobile enough that they can still retreat.

- Oh what a surprise, the Z-Move thing didn't work and Necrozma attacks the Ultra Guardians, knocking them about with ease.

- When Wicke establishes visuals with the Ultra Guardians, the UGs are told that Necrozma needed the power of people and pokemon, prompting them to do the same pose as Tapu Koko, and Lusamine gets the Kahunas and citizens to do the same as well. And of course whilst we see Tapu Fini do it, we don't see anyone else on Poni do the same. (I suppose they did it off-screen, but yeah the Poni arc needs to happen soon). Team Rocket initially refuses to do it as Jessie says that it's tiring for the arms, but Bewear BS's itself on top of the balloon and forces them to do it. I do like that the champion theme was used as an insert song here.

- Oh look, the Mother and Daughter (who has cameo'd in every movie since M08, except M09) makes their first main series appearance, though the mother looks to have dyed her hair.

- Having gathered all that power, Necrozma frees Solgaleo, but surprise surprise it attacks the Ultra Guardians again, knocking them about like ragdolls a second time. 

- I also liked that the elite four theme was used as an insert song when the three Kahunas used their Z-Moves.

- As Gladion distracted Necrozma from attacking Solgaleo/Lunala, the latter lobs a Lunalium-Z to Gladion and him and Vera use the legendaria's Z-moves to give Necrozma enough energy to turn into Ultra Necrozma and return the light to Poipole's world.

- All's well that ends well, except the fact that the wormhole was closing meaning the Ultra Guardians had to leave lickety split. Poipole says that it's going to remain in its world (bye bye), and to be fair Vera was only allowed to look after it till they found its homeworld, and they have in this 4-episode arc. Though the wormhole closing whilst the goodbye was happening felt a bit awkward to be fair. Also for once I'm NOT going to complain that Future Connection was used an insert song (considering the OP was non-existent and was used as a montage for Poipole)

- When the Ultra Guardians return, Bewear grabs Team Rocket and jets off (Geez, where's the funking fire?  Kappa  )

- Also I'm going to assume that Burnet knows of Kukui's identity as the Masked Royal as Incineroar was still out of its ball when everyone returned

- RIP Kukui, having a cold the next day.

I got other anime to watch, so not having S&M for 3 weeks isn't a total loss. Then again, I have coursework anyway to deal with, but that's completely irrelevant to this topic.

(Or you can use the 3 week wait to theorycraft what'll happen this season.)

As for Iris returning, I doubt it will happen, considering a good chunk of viewers didn't take kindly to her from BW and wished that she not return in XY [which she didn't]. But then again, if they're starting to push the Let's Go! series as opposed to finishing up loose ends in Sun/Moon proper, then doubt that Haruka/May, Hikari/Dawn, Iris or Serena will return.

====

Things the anime still needs to do before next year (as Gen 8 will likely start up then):

• Ash needs to deal with trials on Poni Island (he's already met Mina, but not established if she's a Trial Captain or not)
    • Also fight Hapu (or whoever ends up being the Kahuna on Poni). Still need to get that cleared up.
  • Handle other UBs (i.e. Kartana, Pheromosa, Guzzlord)
  • Eventual Pokemon League (if applicable); albeit given Ash's track record, he will probably lose again. Just don't do a Gen 5 because that was stupid.
  • Maybe explore rest of Poni and Battle Tree, but I doubt they'll get there.

I doubt they have time to import the Ultra Sun/Moon stuff into the anime (Wormholes, Episode RR, Mantine Surf, etc.), but suppose we'll find out.

My list of things that need tying up;

- The last 3 UBs (Kartana, Pheromosa, Guzzlord)

- Establishing Hapu as Poni's kahuna

- Ash's trials on Poni (Totem Ribombee and Grand Trial vs Hapu)

- Though there is a question mark hanging over whether the Ground-type Z-Move will even be used given that moves like EQ and such hasn't been seen in the anime for years, for good reason too

- Liliie getting a Z-Ring (she has the Icium Z)

- Guzma's debut (and Plumeria too)

- An episode involving Malasadas

- Sensu style Oricorio's debut

- The league

That's like 15 episodes there at least

Ash needs to deal with trials on Poni Island (he's already met Mina, but not established if she's a Trial Captain or not)

I thought it was established that Trial captains don't exist in the anime

On another note; I didn't realise this till now, but the Passimian episode was skipped in the English dub due to Ash painting his face to make himself look like a Passimian. Which makes it the first episode (not counting DP120 which was a clip show) to not air outside Asia since EP250 (The Ice Cave) and the first non-clip show episode to be skipped by TPCi

Oh right, they don't have the captains in anime (Akala ones are Ash's classmates, Ilima is just some pretty boy with Eevee, etc), but same thing remains. Somehow, the remaining Z-Crystals will need to be shown in some shape or form. Ground one probably might not because of earthquakes (which Japan is famous for getting a lot), or just the Z-Crystal itself.

But as for that episode, yeah, got skipped because apparently it'd be taken as an attempt on blackface in the US (similar to the incident with Jynx). Let's assume that the animators had zero racial intent in either case. However, I'm not black, so in no way am I qualified to comment on the matter.

(So yeah, just watch the subs; they usually don't remove episodes because of things)

Yeah, the paint Ash used resembled Blackface which is perceived as a negative racial stereotype of African Americans in the US. It certainly helps to do research before delving into potentially sensitive territory.

As for Z-Moves, I think if Ryuki (dragon specialist in SM/USUM) appears in the anime, he'd showcase Kommo-o's z-move

Though thinking about it, I could also see Ash take on totem Kommo-o than Ribombee as he'd make more use of the dragon z-move than the fairy one. (If the writers do choose this route, I can defo see Torracat learn Dual Chop) 

Archived