Pocket Monsters: Sun & Moon

• Replies 940
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Astro Like with XY, the topic title will remain as-is

@Roxas thanks for removing them.

(Posting during my break)

@BritBulbapedia would tend to disagree, since a dub series name has been announced.

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Sun_%26_Moon_series

There's also a trailer.

And besides the other thread's name was changed when that series was dubbed right?

@Brit Bulbapedia would tend to disagree, since a dub series name has been announced.

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Sun_%26_Moon_series

There's also a trailer.

And besides the other thread's name was changed when that series was dubbed right?

The other thread's name WASN'T changed to the dub name, besides I'm not obliged to change it because we know the dub name for the series.

The other thread's name WASN'T changed to the dub name.

What was it called when first announced?

Now:

[spoiler my thoughts on Episode 1]

Okay, I'm a little miffed that there was no clear transition. I mean didn't BW do something? How did Ash know about Alola.

Second, what follows is a classical student archetype: Sophocles is the nerd, Mallow is the sweetheart, Kiwai is the tough guy, The water girl is the quirky one, Lillie is the pretty one and Ash is the new kid.

What was it called when first announced?

It was called "Pokemon XY" iirc, and I saw no need to change the thread name.

[spoiler=Thoughts on episode 1 subbed]

- K, so Mimey won a lottery where the prize was a trip to Alola, how convenient

- One thing I found odd was Ash handing Oak 5 pokeballs (he only returned from Kalos with 3 'mons)

- Ash says he's used to dealing with Tauros as he told Lillie that he caught one (ofc we know he technically caught 30) which means Sun/Moon has more continuity than XY by acknowledging past 'mons

- Seeing Team Skull and their petty shenanigans was interesting to see, and from the looks of things Pikachu hasn't been nerfed from what I can tell.

- It was a good first episode though, it had its comedic moments, intro'd a bunch of interesting characters, we're intro'd to Team Skull, Tapu Koko and Z-Moves as well. A lot certainly was put into the opening episode that's for sure.

- It did feel nice not seeing Team Rocket for once (first time since Kanto that Team Rocket wasn't in the opening episode of a new region)

(Yeah the first episode is subbed already)

[spoiler=Thoughts on episode 2]

- So we have the other students challenging Ash to a series of games, and not gonna lie, seeing Ash lose these friendly competitions felt fun

- Tapu Koko is certainly mischievous mother trucker, though he did urge Ash to use the Z-Move, even if the Electrium Z broke in the process (whoops)

- Another interesting episode, I'd say the series has started well tbph.

Uh, guys, remember when I said the series will move from Cartoon Network to Disney XD? This pretty much confirms it.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-11-17/pokemon-anime-moves-to-disney-xd-in-u.s-with-pokemon-sun-and-moon/.108938

Unless you have Disney XD, like me, you're out of luck. Once XY and Z finishes, that's it. Those in America will get a sneak peek December 5th, along with the Volcarona movie. So... Pokemon/Kingdom Hearts crossover?

Imo, just because Pokémon is moving to Disney, doesn't mean it'll get a crossover with Kingdom Hearts.

Ofc I don't need to worry about not having Disney XD as the series won't air on the channel over here.

I don't know, it could be interesting. but there is so much to work with on this idea, I wouldn't know where to start.

Anyway, this is a pretty big leap. I guess Cartoon Network couldn't hold on to the rights after a whole decade. But we do need more dub airdates of XY and Z episodes to confirm. Because after the finale of that series, that's it.

A show being on Disney XD means absolutely nothing to Kingdom Hearts. By that same logic, Yokai Watch would have potential, and Naruto Shippuden could have crossed over before returning to Cartoon Network. Kingdom Hearts always uses movies that Disney actually made. They have never bothered with some random anime that Disney only has the broadcasting rights to. The main thing I'm hearing is that The Pokémon Company just got sick of Cartoon Network's scheduling, which shows more of a rejection of Cartoon Network rather than any deeper connection to Disney.

Wow. There's more to this than I thought.

Now for some questions.

1. Will this thread's name stay the same even after the premiere of the dub, which is in probably February?

2. I can't believe the trial captains are attending school.

3. There is an Officer Jenny, but there isn't a clear view of what she looks like.

4. Will Ash get his own dorm?

Also, oh wait, Team Rocket didn't show up until episode 2 of season 1, so that wouldn't count. Anyway, Sunday for Brit, he gets the dub.

Speaking of Officer Jenny (who was seen in the intro), seems like her partner 'mon is Yungoos. Doesn't look like her design is too different though.

Now for some questions.

1. Will this thread's name stay the same even after the premiere of the dub, which is in probably February?

It will do. The only name change the XY thread had was when XY&Z was announced

Speaking of Officer Jenny (who was seen in the intro), seems like her partner 'mon is Yungoos. Doesn't look like her design is too different though.

It will do. The only name change the XY thread had was when XY&Z was announced

Man, I was hoping it would change to Pokemon the Series Sun and Moon, but I guess we can't always get what we want.

As for Officer Jenny, we'll have to wait till we get a good look at her close up.

I'm sure it won't be long before we see Officer Jenny anyway, and I bet it'll probs involve Team Skull.

Man, I was hoping it would change to Pokemon the Series Sun and Moon, but I guess we can't always get what we want.

To be fair, I don't think it would've mattered whether the title of the thread changed or not. (The only reason why I changed the original title of this thread was to avoid confusion with the game thread)

I'm sure it won't be long before we see Officer Jenny anyway, and I bet it'll probs involve Team Skull.

To be fair, I don't think it would've mattered whether the title of the thread changed or not. (The only reason why I changed the original title of this thread was to avoid confusion with the game thread)

The guys in charge of the dub Thought of that. Why do you think it was called "Pokemon the Series Sun and Moon"?, like Pokemon the series X and Y.

But enough of that, Brit, you have early access to the dub, I have to wait until December 5th, so tell us of any differences, after the sneak peek airs.

Well I wouldn't be surprised if they omitted the opening like with the sneak peek of XY.

The guys in charge of the dub Thought of that. Why do you think it was called "Pokemon the Series Sun and Moon"?, like Pokemon the series X and Y.

But enough of that

I couldn't agree more, I mean the whole thread name thing is more-or-less a petty matter anyway.

Dunno, but we'll likely not find out till the full series begins next year.

I want to put my money on it being an original song this time round instead of a remix though.

Well, with the exception of season 18 there have been original songs. Who knows?

What I'm more interested in is the voices. Hopefully Dan Green returns in some form.

Archived