[MtG] I have no idea what I'm doing WBU

ÆƵ–

So I've bought a few packs and so far this is the "deck" that I have made. Still need to get lots of lands but other than that I'm set. 

[spoiler=Deck]

Creatures:

Unruly Mob

Emissary of the Sleepless

Sigardian Priest

Topplegeist

2x Guardian of Pilgims

Paranoid Parish-Blade

Spectral Shepherd

Lawless Broker

Vampire Cutthroat

Hound of the Farbogs

Rottenheart Ghoul

2x Dusk Feaster

Seagraf Skaab

Nibilis of Dusk

Ingenious Skaab

Enlightened Maniac

Nephalia Moondrakes

Spell Queller (WBu)

Field Creeper

Wretched Gryff

Sorcery:

Ethereal Guidance

Spectral Reserves

Shamble Back

Enchantment:

Gryff's Boon

Revoke Privileges

Strange Augmentation

Spontaneous Mutation

Campaign of Vengence 

Instant:

Repel the Abominable

Rush of Vitality

Succumb to Temptation (love this card simply because of how Gay it's art is)

Inspired Charge

Chilling Grasp

Artifact:

Ovalchase Dragster

Aradara Express

Glassblower's Puzzleknot

Terrarion 

Lands:

9x Basic Plains 

7x Basic Swamp

5x Basic Island

Like I said up top, I habe no idea what I'm doing, so any tips would be cool. Also, I don't wanna spend too too much money on this game, as my local store sells basic lands for 50 cents each, but I've got no clue how many/ how much combo lands are. So yeah, CnC?

quick tip, don't sort by color, sort by card type (creature, instant, sorcery, artifact, enchantment, planeswalker, land) rather than color, and keep it all in one spoiler to avoid confusion.

As for the deck, it is obviously a little rudimentary, but I think I see what you are going for.

Look into spirit decks, they are quite cheap to build and super fulfilling.

As for lands, just get either a deck builder's tool kit or holiday gift box. Frankly I think the toolbox is a load of sheet. The holiday gift box, however is both economical and absolutely fantastic for getting started.

Also the abbreviation for blue is U

quick tip, don't sort by color, sort by card type (creature, instant, sorcery, artifact, enchantment, planeswalker, land) rather than color, and keep it all in one spoiler to avoid confusion.

As for the deck, it is obviously a little rudimentary, but I think I see what you are going for.

Look into spirit decks, they are quite cheap to build and super fulfilling.

As for lands, just get either a deck builder's tool kit or holiday gift box. Frankly I think the toolbox is a load of s***. The holiday gift box, however is both economical and absolutely fantastic for getting started.

Thanks for the tip m8, I'll redo that now

I'm glad you see what I'm going for, because I do not. Would you mind explaining it in terms a MtG newb can understand? 

Also should I get the gift box from last year (if those things are still available) or wait on this years?

Archived