[MtG] Building a Slug deck, help wanted!

goodfusion

Hello people. I reinstalled Cockatrice and it is now working, ready for me to build a deck.
I was thinking on building a Slug "Tribal" deck, using as many Slugs as possible, because I really like Slugs. I daydream about them a lot and enjoying watching them move.

However I'm unsure what cards I should use as my knowledge of the card pool (and the game, in general) is very small.

So far I have:

4x Giant Slug

4x Catacomb Slug

4x Morkrut Necropod

4x Spitting Slug

4x Molder Slug

An amount of Swamps

An amount of Forests

I probably shouldn't be running 4 each of those creatures, but IDK.

If you think a Slug deck simply wouldn't work, even for ultra-casual duels, I'd be fine to make do with Pirates, Spiders or Spikes (these look like Slugs and counters look fun) instead, although I would prefer Slugs.

Thank you for your time! :-)

Even among niche types, slugs have the short end of the stick. You only have seven creatures with the printed card type. One's illegal in all formats, one's a vanilla, two have drawbacks for entering combat, one has a very mediocre activated ability, and the remaining two (while decent) are very high on the mana curve.

Meanwhile, there are a ton more spider creatures (45, by my count). They interact decently with graveyard strategies as well: Graverobber Spider, Nyx Weaver and Ishkanah, Grafwidow are perfect examples of this. Not to mention you get two of the best token spells ever printed: Arachnogenesis and Spider Spawning.

I'd do spiders instead. But that's just me.

Pirates: Rishadan Cutpurse/Footpad/Brigand are decent, particularly if they're played on curve. The other pirates are mediocre, sadly.

Spikes: Ehh, they're better than pirates or slugs. You also get to play with "+1/+1 counters matter" abilities - example being the entirety of the Abzan shard from KTK block. Hardened Scales into spikes is particularly nasty.

Archived