• Replies 672
  • Created
  • Last Reply
B) The "S" in "Cybers-Type". Oooh how it bugs me...

Yeah, I was wondering if anyone else thought that was weird. I don't know how Japanese works, but why isn't that an adjective, not a noun? Why would the translators use that instead? Is it a typo? Like with how the name Wyrm was completely different from the original, I feel like it's not going to be Cybers for very long, though for now, I feel like we should stick to that.

About the Link Monster color: Any color that isn't another shade of an existing one used on cards would've worked. So yeah, red would've been fine (yeah, there's OG Slifer, but they could just make it a lighter red or something). Iffy on pink, but it'd at least be differentiable from Rituals. 

Personally not seeing a reason for Cybers-Type to be a thing, considering that they don't look different from Psychics/Machines (and it's not me copy/pasting Black's commentary), and to be fair, the former needs more support. (Oh hell, they didn't even show Wyrm users in ARC-V).

=====

As for VRAINS airing on Wednesdays, okay, guess I can spare some time after coursework to watch it (or do it on my breaks). I'm nineteen hours behind Japan, so this correlates to 11:25 pm on Tuesday. 

But yeah, let's see how this pans out. 

I think we have to look towards the Cybers type being called Cyberspace Type in the TCG. It makes more sense. They're monsters representing data rather than cyborgs. So I'm hoping we will have name changes so they'll be like "Cyberspace Wizard" instead

I think most people see Links as a support (or required, based on the deck) mechanic for their pre-existing decks, but it can also be a pure thing on its own. So I hope they take Arc-V route, having variety, and not the Zexal Route where that's all everyone did.

I find it acceptable for the protag though.

• 3 weeks later...

Stuff from YGOrganization.

b7850f1a.jpg

VRAINS will begin airing starting in May 2017, not April 2017

Yusaku has a Link Monster ace called “Firewall Dragon”

New Duelists appear in the show, called 鬼塚 豪 Onizuka, Go (The Muscle Man) and 財前 葵 Zaizen, Aoi (The Female Duelist). Both are confirmed to Duel in VR!

April 5th, 2017 will air a special at 6:25 PM in the evening, called “Yu-Gi-Oh! LABO” that will introduce the VRAINS setting.

===

So we know the name of the female lead (hopefully she's actually good unlike the last two we've had) and supposedly the male sidekick (maybe Gongenzaka-like, but we'll have to see).

Yusaku gets a new ace, and this is likely the 2500 ATK one to go with the other five (similar to Yusei/Stardust/Junk Warrior). 

But more than that, the series starts a month later (well, the whole 3-4 years stuff) so waiting until finals week probably until we get episode 1. May also explain why ARC-V has a few more episodes this time. Why the delay, idk. 

Looks cool. I'm never gonna complain about getting more dragons.

Aoi looks col too. Does the scan actually say "female duelist"?, because It is a little hard to tell. However, if it actually did say "duelist", she's already better than Kotori, if she is indeed the female lead. Also, I assume her hair will get crazier when she enters Link Vrains.

I am a little skeptical about the "female" duelist. Who's to say "she" is not a feminine looking man.

It wouldn't be the first time we get androgynous characters. Aoi is traditionally a female name, but there are men who do have this name (and I'm reminded of a minor Naruto villain with that name). Don't think they'll go that far, but wait for more information.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aoi_(name)

Looks cool. I'm never gonna complain about getting more dragons.

Aoi looks col too. Does the scan actually say "female duelist"?, because It is a little hard to tell. However, if it actually did say "duelist", she's already better than Kotori, if she is indeed the female lead. Also, I assume her hair will get crazier when she enters Link Vrains.

I c/p'd that from YGOrganization, so it's up to them whether or not they read it correctly. I can make out the kanji for female underneath their pics, but nothing on duelist stuff.

We can assume their hair gets crazier once they go VRAINS on us.

wow that female lead is super normal i think im falling in love with her already

hmmmm Dragon  again.... idk. dragon in common sense is cool and all but can we get more variation for typings? or atleast half-Dragon like True Dracos that would be cool

wow that female lead is super normal i think im falling in love with her already

hmmmm Dragon  again.... idk. dragon in common sense is cool and all but can we get more variation for typings? or atleast half-Dragon like True Dracos that would be cool

We only know Firewall Dragon is draconic in appearance; still nothing on if it actually is another Dragon-Type (as if Konami wasn't marketing them enough last generation) or will be a Cyverse like the rest of Yusaku's Deck (well, the text is kinda hard to read off the pic). If it is a Dragon-Type, then fine.

Heck, even its supposed 2500 ATK is a stab in the dark right now (and that's only coming from using 5Ds as a reference to some degree).

====

Can only hope VRAINS expands on a lot of the underdeveloped Types in this game, but yeah.

So it begins in May now? So that means it'll probs begin on the 10th at the earliest

We only know Firewall Dragon is draconic in appearance; still nothing on if it actually is another Dragon-Type (as if Konami wasn't marketing them enough last generation) or will be a Cyverse like the rest of Yusaku's Deck (well, the text is kinda hard to read off the pic). If it is a Dragon-Type, then fine.

It'll probs be Cyverse imo.

...is that

is that

a normally coloured hair and semi-normal hairstyle in post GX Yugioh?

that's crazy.

The best looking lead girl since Alexis :O

Pls...Alexis/Asuka was better looking ;D

Now onto the new monster...Firewall Dragon. Ngl, I was hoping for this guy's ace to be Decode Talker and not a dragon, though it might be a Cyverse type and not a Dragon, but we all know its dragon like. The design on it is really interesting...plus its called FIREWALL Dragon...my inner techie is hopping around for joy with the card and the Decode archetype in general right now.

I find it funny how with his monsters Yusaku is becoming more of a Persudo Yusei based on this...

Decode Talker gains ATK based on the number of monsters linked to it like how Junk Warrior gains ATK equal to the combined ATK of all Level 2 or lower monsters.

Evidently if he does become a Persudo Yusei, Fire Wall Dragon will likely have a similar protection effect to Stardust involving the monsters linked to it (that or banish monsters linked to it to negate attacks like the trap Firewall except on monsters.)

I'm thinking Firewall Dragon will likely be Cyverse-Type also, but we'll have to wait [that and see if it really does borrow stuff from Stardust, if Yusaku's being themed on Yusei (then again, firewalls are supposed to protect your stuff...most of the time)].

===

Pls...Alexis/Asuka was better looking ;D

Now onto the new monster...Firewall Dragon. Ngl, I was hoping for this guy's ace to be Decode Talker and not a dragon, though it might be a Cyverse type and not a Dragon, but we all know its dragon like. The design on it is really interesting...plus its called FIREWALL Dragon...my inner techie is hopping around for joy with the card and the Decode archetype in general right now.

If this is like 5D's, Decode Talker will probably be a smaller ace and Firewall (if we predicted correctly with its ATK) will be the standard one to go with the other characters. We still have a month before it releases [referring to the card; not this series], so anything is possible.

Going to assume this will be cover card for COTD, or least be prominent. 

Archived