Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Yui

Locke & Load: A Nuzlocke Blog Starring Yui

Damn Yui, such a an awful start, losing to the fairies. What was your team before restarting?

Damn Yui, such a an awful start, losing to the fairies. What was your team before restarting?

Sakuya (Ice), Mystia (Normal/Flying), Ran (Ground (not Psychic like I thought)), and Wriggle (Bug). Also hi tiny update.

[spoiler=Touhoumon Merry's Version Nuzlocke Part 2: The Lost Chapter]Okay so. I downloaded OBS Studio to record all this, and it was kinda okay I guess even if our commentary was kinda dry. But what I didn't take into account is the box fan in my room makes more noise than I expected and there a horrible static in the background the whole time, and I'm not gonna upload that crap! So here's the tl/dr on what happened.

We wiped. Twice. To Bug Catcher Doug. Again. I'm just gonna skip him next time.

Future updates will go back to the text format I've been using up until now.

This has been your report from Yui.

QdZZKDm.gif

EDIT: The Touhoumon nuzlocke will be discontinued until further notice. Sai's told me to look at Pokémon Insurgence, and I'm in love. I'll be starting a Pokémon Insurgence nuzlocke tomorrow, casting aside the Touhoumon one where I can't even get past Bug Catcher Doug who lives in Viridian Forest.

It begins! Sonic's joining us again, and this time I've also brought the one and only Saiku (Order Mario) on board. Since I'm green and Sonic is blue, Sai will be red. Also since this is an RPG Maker game and I usually use No$GBA, today I learned that the print-screen function actually does the full screen most of the time! If any screenshots are my entire desktop, it just means I forgot to crop it :P

[spoiler=Pokémon Insurgence Nuzlocke, Part 1: It Begins!]kOBZYFi.png

Actually I'm not gonna crop this... I should. I should crop this sheet.

Now you know why it takes me forever to do every episode, because I have to do this.

c7a2d0d8ca09215d0d5abb96242cf8b1.png

Actually I can just use gyazo instead.

4162b21fdfe21dceabf4513686bb4d66.png

HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM...

Custommizations for days.

No I'm thinking about the difficulty.

Go normal because let's be honest, you're not going to funking...

680d8bdedcfba348c7fdf876bba5fc64.png

Go info.

Okay.

Traditional Story is a story mode more in line with the official Pokémon games, albeit with more characters, more plot, and so on.

That's a pretty low bar.

The Dark Story is a darker story line. Characters will die onscreen, people will fuse with Pokémon, and the antagonists are cults.

Here's the main legendary Pokémon of our cult. Satanmon!

That's actually not far off.

Big deal, Lusamine already did that. Sign me the funk up though because that was my favorite moment in S/M.

b8b99414f22126f1b7fb021b9ca279a2.png

Ooh!

Ooh!

Cutscene power.

(I also realized here that RPG Maker stops if it isn't your active window. This is super-convenient and lets me get frame-perfect shots I can't even get on the other nuzlockes!)

ecdfb86bb09df3cb5e0fb82642f91c10.png

Ooh, backstory!

615f8525c20ff0db8d0ad74659f5761d.png

Uh, I think there's a voting process for that?

He said Augur not President.

It's Pokémon, it's a funking miracle they even have this.

Then again, you also have to think they had Ghetsis.

HE WAS A CULT LEADER!

Everything makes sense now.

819245a53bd2c2d221761ddd6d183f1d.png

Yes, this game has a built-in challenge mode.

This game just got better.

I TOLD YOU THAT YESTERDAY!

Yeah but I'm just saying it, you know, for this.

You're on camera~

76b84e60134cf31e9ac420fcf577f6e8.png

Ho-lee funk dawg.

I think Chaos is getting like hard, from all these options.

It hurts man, it hurts.

Well I mean I already decided it was gonna just be a normal nuzlocke so...

You better not lose this Charmander.

It's Locke & Load of course I will.

RIP me.

RIP everybody.

See, Sai gets it.

599160951597d5bc40f13a9d914a86cb.png

Check one-two, is this mic on? Check one-two, this is your captain speaking.

(mom's spaghetti meme)

I can't even remember all that.

26c94394552b4907751a87c561c1d251.png

This is a very snazzy interface.

I know right?

It'll look even better when I install the right fonts for it.

You didn't?

I didn't think I had to.

It should have given you an option to install it when you booted up the game.

Naw, I think it's because I did a quick test boot yesterday, just to make sure it worked. ...oh yeah, what do we name ourselves?

Decide your gender, and then we can decide a name.

It is 2017, we do not decide a gender here.

Can we be named Apache? All in favor?

Nay.

Me.

Lame.

Like here's the problem, when you guys meme you're gonna get sick of the name as soon as it stops being funny.

Yeah...

Probably.

Okay seriously, what gender are we being? That'll help us decide.

Boy.

Batsu.

Nah.

How about Tiencha?

Negative.

Yes I am playing DragonBall Fusions.

...how bout Link?

You know what? Actually that's not bad. I'll take it.

Sonic?

We're good.

Link it is, and Link it shall be.

3861621cba996390d4c13143d60045e1.png

Ohhhhhhhhhh...

Go for purple, I always go for purple hair.

We anime up in this.

I was gonna go for purple anyway so that's perfect. Purple's my favorite color.

Good, we're all in agreement.

58ee7b05b3503467587966f179001435.png

Is this a cult of Darkai?

Yes, and that's why I said you weren't too far off.

Wouldn't "not too far off" be Giratina?

Darkrai's like second place for a devil. Know what I mean?

bc90383258657d7fca903f0a5ee8067e.png

jabroni!

Yes, they're using Dream Eater. And that's why you saw a Gengar!

f00a0b7f0f1bb3037c067e064e8e0d34.png

What bargain? Actually, this would be better as a recording so...

(We then spent the next hour recording the below video, and the next hour after that uploading it. I didn't edit it or anything. It's probably sheet quality.)

YOU EXPECT ME TO WATCH ALL THAT
ALSO WHO IS WHO I THOUGHT I HAD IT FIGURED BUT THEN WHAT I THOUGHT DIDN'T MAKE SENSE
GDI

NVM I FIGURED IT OUT
YOU JUST ARE ALL VARIOUS "NERD" VOICES SO ITS TOUGH

YOU EXPECT ME TO WATCH ALL THAT

ALSO WHO IS WHO I THOUGHT I HAD IT FIGURED BUT THEN WHAT I THOUGHT DIDN'T MAKE SENSE

GDI

NVM I FIGURED IT OUT

YOU JUST ARE ALL VARIOUS "NERD" VOICES SO ITS TOUGH

The one that's shouting a lot in the video is Sai XD

The one who sounds crystal clear is Yui.

Process of elimination, I'm the third voice.

uyKgrYk.gif

There's static from the fan in the back but honestly I don't care at this point.

afb.gif

Whoops, wrong game.

For those of you who haven't checked out Reptilious's nuzblog (which you totally should; he's doing his very first episode today and he's a pretty funny dude), I'm starting a Moemon Platinum randomlocke here. But wait, there's more! He's also doing one! With the same seed that I used for mine! So we'll both have the same randomized world but we're doing separate runs, meaning that if you go follow his thread plus this one, you'll get two commentaries for the price of one! What a steal!

So let's get right into it.

[spoiler=Moemon Platinum Part 1: Boned]rrUvEMR.png

Come to think of it, didn't I try doing one of these before? Yet it's not in the thread. What happened anyway? Oh well; let's not worry about that and just take our bold first steps into the world of monologues! May the odds be ever in my favor. (They won't be; this is Locke & Load.)

LtpyZXZ.png

Hello, Rowan! I've got a friend who really doesn't like you. Because you monologue. All. The funking. Time.

PnzCmwn.png

j67qKoi.gif

plGnalM.png

dNSXmAd.jpg

*a lot of talking with Rep (we're in a Discord call while doing this) ensues because there were so many things to potentially screenshot that I didn't screenshot*

kZroyKq.png

Nah, I'm just doing Locke & Load because gradually slipping into insanity because of the RNG is good for my health, man.

FZoMC3r.png

I waited for Rep to catch up to me here, so we can pop the briefcase open at the same time.

1, 2, 3...

YjrCCiM.pngpPolHm9.pngPar52V7.png

These sprites don't match. Also neither of us want Jynx. I'll be taking Marowak though.

1eR1JZ0.png

Neat.

HfxlDVb.png

Oh no...

49vMbtD.png

Primeape OP. Let's just pretend I won that battle for the sake of my sanity. I'll have my revenge soon enough, Reptile... but for now, let's head to Sandgem Town. This is also an opportunity to scout out Route 201 and see what we can get here.

lh5KjRW.png

...oh. I can't hurt it. Poison Jab is my only damaging move. Let's head to the lab I guess.

p7huHXS.png

4dgylj0.png

thank ms skeltal

Yd1fd3A.png

you don't say

Now then, having purchase some poke balls, it's time to head back through Route 201 so I can fill mom in on how I'm going on an epic quest. Hopefully I'll encounter something that isn't Probopass.

aztVssO.png

Welp, GG. Rep can't top this.

JYnVXdE.png

NOOOOOOO!

KWgVu5q.png

OH MY funking GOD I COULD HAVE HAD A HYPER BEAM DUCK! I'm so upset that this is probably the only time Poison Jab will ever actually poison something when it would kill.

3OXMoU7.png

Naming my rival Reptile was the best idea.

At this point, Rep asked "what's at the lake?", so I then realized I can go there for an additional catch. Neat. Let's go see what's over yonder.

n9U6fzt.png

Speaking of the lake... this is fortunately still Route 201 so I can kill it. Now then, what's at the lake?

3McyQ8o.png

Nice.

l9it30z.png

...oh.

DGLKpmy.png

The evidence claims that I do not. But I do know how to catch Pokemon despite that. Proceed anyway, since I don't really have a choice in the matter.

With Lucas's tutorial out of the way, let's see what I can get here. Hopefully it is not a steel-type.

ZhGpCGa.png

This is actually worse. At least I get XP for it. Rep, meanwhile, has apparently encountered a Feebas, therefore reminding me of my eternal quest to just FIND A funking PRISM SCALE!!! In the meantime, what did I miss out on for this Sunkern that I can't not kill?

EfstCSa.png

I'm not stuck with you this time, funker.

PL56uOs.png

First trainer. Let's see what you've got!

(it was a Caterpie. A funking Caterpie, guys)

"So Rep, the first two trainers have had a Caterpie and a Surskit. By Locke & Load rules, the third dude's gonna have like Mewtwo or something."

Zy6vV25.png

CLOSE ENOUGH!

Still not enough to kill ms skeltal though, even if it did come a bit close.

6cWlCxq.png

Oh funk off, Lucas.

AidrfbF.png

I didn't, but continue.

Y0prj6L.png

That doesn't necessarily sound like a saying, so much as just something people happen to say. No I am not familiar with that saying. I am a thief.

*Lots of running around, giving Rep his parcel, and getting a Pokétch, ensues, and I finally have a watch. It has a pedometer. That's pretty neat.*

Is7fcA0.png

Route 204 is out of the correct order, but I really need a catch.

S8RiiGu.png

Wiz! You came back! Finally, I caught something, and I also caught an item out the corner of my eye. And I got to find out what I missed out on while I was heading up that way. It was a Mudkip.

gUrPE2y.png

Nice.

1QuXOOy.png

And now let's see what I can catch on the route I'm supposed to be on.

2AtFdoj.png

But first, I have to battle Rep again.

9Ik4SxS.png

HA! funk YOU!

ukbH5rG.png

NO!

IC7Zz3A.png

I'm not ignoring this loss. That's the end of this run for me, but Rep is still going to keep going with the same seed, so you can check out his blog to see what could have been.

D6hZGY7.png

I can still kick your ass at League of Legends though, @@Reptilious

In Loving Memory:

zYmgftd.pngw1BBQpw.png

I'm going to actually start part 2 of my Platinum randomlocke right now, so expect another update today.

kay second episode now

[spoiler=Moemon Platinum Part 2: Fourth Time's the Charm]gNot5hy.png

I'm having a weird sense of deja vu right about now.

eP2ELj3.png

Dude, the last time you trusted me with a Pokemon it got killed by a Volt Tackle. Not really setting the best example here. Now then, what do we get?

Tpnss5b.pngyl5t7VM.pnggf8z1bY.png

GPrGKgC.gif

After a lot of time (and I mean a lot) deliberating on if I should pick Steelix or Crobat (even though Politoed is by far my favorite of these options), I ultimately had to ask one of my most trusted advisors and also the magic 8-ball. Both of them agreed: Steelix. So Steelix it shall be.

0PwhkSR.png

This is actually pretty nice.

YKN35kj.png

funk

FKVOeUR.png

BHOA1sH.gif

txkcEHy.gif

9ef39da4117e3b7b61069286a94959f9.png

THIS IS SOME META AS funk RUBBING IT IN AND I DON'T KNOW IF I SHOULD BE ANGRY OR GREATLY AMUSED. I AM GOING TO GO WITH A COMBINATION OF THE TWO.

bdX2ozK.png

My greatest enemy in the pokemon universe.

kSTC3EK.pngfHIYJU6.pngcqxG9XZ.png

You're getting a Magikarp, funker. Sure it'll be a scary Gyarados later, but that's later and not now. For now, I'd at least like to get my first Gym Badge. I'll take the Bastiodon. Despite the enemy Magikarp having Jump Kick, I was able to defeat it by cunning abuse of its ability (Color Change) plus my own Mirror Move.

RKwUsKl.png

Hopefully we can do a better job at protecting her than Shovel Knight did. Now, let's try and make some catches, starting in Route 201.

490VvvO.png

Ohhhhhhhhh. Nice.

9d5GleH.png

Not so nice. Let's try my luck at the lake.

y3eAFOq.png

Well this should be nice, assuming I don't kill it.

d5CQ4oV.png

tumblr_o9r991tppR1sebz5yo1_500.gif

This Level 2 Shelgon just got a lot scarier. (context: it used Lock-On the previous turn. It has funking Lock-On and Dynamic Punch together)

85kyoiO.png

I caught it though. I shall name her Agrona. Now, let's see what Route 202 has in store for us.

Q8THRiJ.png

ewFkDQW.gif

Caught it on the last turn before its burn would have killed it. Say hello to Queen B. I wanted to name her Beatrice after Swain's raven, but that's reserved for if I get a Honchkrow or something.

5C2eXzz.png

I'm not mad that I missed out on a Haunter for Vespiquen. I'm not mad that this Haunter could only really be damaged by Shldknght, forcing me to switch into her against it. I'm not even mad that it had and used Hydro Cannon, and critted to kill Shldknght from full health. What I am mad about is that it managed to sweep my entire team. This is stupid.

txkcEHy.gif

tcUC4jU.png

Maybe if I use the same name that I used the first time, things will work out better.

sVLjHtc.pngMcnaLzJ.pngTS2onuF.png

Easiest starter choice of my life.

2FJu1dl.png

I've opted to name this girl Kat. And now it's time to make catches... again. Starting at Route 201 as always.

tqUy1NZ.png

I can catch that. And I did.

NB628Kg.png

It even scared the hell out of me on the way into the pokeball. Say hello to Froppy. Who had only 1 HP when I caught her. Which is fine, because I have to go back home and talk to mom anyway, and it happens to be a decent checkpoint on my way to Lake Verity for my second catch.

nAdMQua.png

xX8gfhV.gif

IBRqulT.png

Oops. Next stop: Route 202.

IwtH5T3.png

Xn0qKPS.png

This thing has Tail Glow and Aeroblast. Jesus H. funk. I'd name it Minnie since that's the name I gave my Raichu in Emerald, but this one is too powerful for that sheet. I've had to name her L.Ex.Murdr (Lord Explosion Murder). This girl is straight-up terrifying. I'm on a Discord call with Rep right now and he even said "How did you not get blown the funk out by that thing?". I think we'll call it here, to end the episode on a high note.

tFRzR0L.png

Seriously, Lord Explosion Murder is absolutely bonkers.

The Squad:

9s9fBkg.pngxB6wRIX.pngbzOmwIG.png

I don't like doing these Platinum episodes on desmume because of how it handles screenshots as opposed to no$gba, but I don't really have much choice. Oh well.

[spoiler=Moemon Platinum Part 3: The Grinding Episode with Lots of Progress]Let's do some grinding! The target is to get everyone to level 7. That seems like a safe number.

xA09m7d.png

Also this exists on Route 201. And it has Sleep Powder. And Dream Eater. Which is actually a rather fitting move since one of these almost killed Lord Explosion Murder because wild Zapdos also knows Bonemerang. However, I get the team grinded up to Level 7 without any incident, so it's time to progress. I'll be focusing primarily on leveling Froppy, since she's the only one that hasn't evolved and I'd like to be confident in evolving her at about Level 40, assuming I get my hands on a Water Stone or a King's Rock.

FQ2rfcf.png

Fortunately, the first enemy trainer - Youngster Tristan - doesn't have anything overly spooky.

xCSnuOX.png

Lass Natalie - my second opponent - isn't much more interesting. Her Bellsprout has a neat ability, but it's still just a Bellsprout, and it's not like Froppy has any super-effective moves.

EVQatox.png

The last time I got to this guy, I joked that because the first two trainers were so weak and uninteresting, this kid would have like a Mewtwo or something. Hopefully that isn't actually the case. Although even if it is, I do have Lord Explosion Murder.

dbTf7SI.png

Poison Point isn't exactly an ability I want to deal with right now. Best let Lord Explosion Murder handle this one. And killing it got Froppy to Level 10! Let's put the next few levels on Lord Explosion Murder, since she's our resident god.

ZYHgL1l.png

Also there was a Moomoo Milk here. Has CowCow blessed this run? I won't let you down, friend. (I hope). Anyway, now that we've reached Jubilife City, let's go bring our important parcel to Reptile, and also get a Pokétch. Reptile says he's heading to Oreburgh City (hasn't he already been there tho? coulda swore he cleared the gym by just ice punching it), and for some reason people just leave Lustrous Orbs lying around in the trainer school.

lMnD08L.png

However, this is still not a Prism Scale, so it is worthless junk to me. Also, both of the trainers you can battle in here got crushed by Lord Explosion Murder. For now, let's head to the nearby routes and see about catching stuff. I learned from Rep's blog that there's a fishing place outside of Jubilife, so let's start there this time.

0D88PRo.png

I hope I catch something neat...

b1hPwbZ.png

um...

pRGGv1f.png

sheet. My logic was "Froppy can probably Body Slam this without killing then tank it out when Monferno inevitably is a jabroni to catch", but apparently I was mistaken. Oh well. Off to Route 204 to try catching something there. Best let Kat handle this one ._.

lQNCJWe.png

UMM... I THINK I'M A BIT UNDERQUALIFIED TO CATCH THIS, BUT LET'S TRY IT ANYWAY.

v5gVS21.png

tumblr_mxq3xw68Ha1s0qqgvo2_500.gif

Let's name her Sindragosa. Which somehow funking fits. Her moveset isn't that great, but hopefully she learns some good moves as she levels up. Let's grind her up a bit and also see the item on this route, and what I missed out on for a Garchomp.

HwrAIU8.png7a5tGuF.png

Yes, because this Revival Herb will be so helpful in my nuzlocke.

fUoJgYJ.png

Oh boy. I'm gonna grind everyone up to 15 (since that's a solid number where everyone will learn a move) then report back.

ExWQqTj.gif

We interrupt this interruption to bring you the following:

d2DWUmw.png

Ravaged Path is a place that exists. Let's make a catch real quick.

BxVrJN8.pngnfDW4FX.png

ezpz. Let's name her Stratos. What did I miss out on for this exactly?

qu1UDdf.png

I like Altaria more than Flygon, so this is fine. Back to grinding, which will take even longer now that Stratos has joined us. We now return to your regularly-scheduled intermission.

ExWQqTj.gif

Well, that took a while. Here's a recap of any interesting movechanges on the team.

• Stratos learned Solar Beam
  • Kat replaced Seed Flare with Shadow Claw, and also learned Thunder Wave
  • Froppy learned Pain Split
  • Sindragosa learned Glare

Aside from Stratos and Kat, nobody was especially well-off with moves they were learning from the grind. Oh well. Let's get back to actually progressing. I want that Gym Badge by the end of this episode! But getting it won't be easy. I have to get through Reptile and stuff, not to mention all the catches I have to make along the way. I'll be keeping Stratos in the front of the team since Swablu levels insanely slow compared to the rest of my team (seriously, it feels like almost half my grinding session was spent on Stratos).

bwpS9km.png

Hella.

TwX8IpG.png

Okay well funk you too dude. I actually liked my Marowak, but noooooooo, you have to just Ice Punch it to death then steal it. Little bastard. Both "Reptile's" Marowak and his starter - Igglybuff - get their buns ripped apart by Stratos and her raw unmatched power. Good sheet.

lkYjwoo.png

It better funking not be. This is actually turning out to be a really good run and I'll be damned if you funk it up for me. And speaking of our good run, let's see what wild catch is waiting for me on Route 203.

UjWSCy5.png

Dude, nice. Hopefully it doesn't die on me.

1JnK0P3.png

Nice. Say hello to our new friend, Fry. Who's actually pretty fuckin neat. And in need of grinding so that she's on par with the rest of the team. Please hold.

vEHxeyE.png

Conveniently, Shinx evolves at level 15. The grinding for Fry went super-fast, especially compared to everyone else. Maybe Shinx's line just levels really fast? Whatever the case, let's continue onward. There are actually still more catches to be made and stuff. However, short of catching and subsequently grinding up Fry, only one thing of note happened on Route 203.

THfSBkl.png

This scumbag pokemon. Which, conveniently enough, can get absolutely demolished by Fry. So let's head to the Oreburgh Gate, which is yet another new area, so we can make ANOTHER new catch. Hopefully it's cool.

fXB1MAL.pngDS0X5C9.png

What is this, a crossover episode? However, because I actually have a full team for once, Scraw will have to go in the box for now. Stratos mows down everything between her and Oreburgh City, and I rather unceremoniously arrive. Rep tells me the gym leader has buggered off to the coal mine, but before heading down that way, I want to make a catch just north of Oreburgh, on Route 207.

FWtymI2.png

Bah. It died, but I don't feel particularly bad about losing a Skiploom. For now, let's see what the mine has in store for a catch.

1BqyuKn.png

Not bad. I caught the Mightyena and promptly named her Cackles.

RCk0tKo.png

Also, this random miner has a Groudon. Give this man a promotion. With that business taken care of, it's time to go tackle the gym. I'll let Sindragosa lead the charge this time, since her moveset needs some work.

jDiG251.png

Rather fittingly, the first trainer between me and the gym leader had a Tyranitar. However, it was no match for Sindragosa's deadly Bubble Beam.

xIAbKzA.png

And the other guy had a Mew. They're really putting some spooky pokemon down to try and stop Sindragosa, but in the true spirit of having a slightly overleveled Garchomp, there were simply no fucks to give that day. Seeing as I have no idea what Roark will lead off with, I'll let Stratos handle whatever comes out first.

y5nYIDQ.png

You and me, nerd boy, let's boogie.

oGc7t54.png

df8.gif

a8xAr56.png

HA! I knew using Powder Snow was a good idea!

C4dHclh.png

13e.gif

funking sheet Roark, calm down. Fry should be able to handle this Entei easy-peasy though.

izLD7d1.png

Like I said, easy-peasy. Roark's last Pokémon is Horsea, which I let Stratos handle. And with that...

0sJKMI5.png

We have our very first gym badge! Only seven more to go. Roark also gives us a TM for Fling. I think this is a good spot to end the episode. We got a full team and ended with one for the first time in Locke & Load history. How exciting!

peapYdW.png

Hopefully this run keeps going this smoothly.

The Squad:

rD6qEmg.pngvCSsCoQ.pngIPqPfwD.pngllrzO7W.pngzlxFsvp.pngYyMFcgP.png

Today's episode of Locke & Load has a special guest!

tumblr_n6d4uwce3U1t9wkn6o6_400.gif

And that guest is our very own @Kill Son Goku this time. His text will be red for this episode, and mine will be green.

[spoiler=Moemon Platinum Part 4: Raid Boss]fK9Ajak.png

After quickly going over the team with Sai (because he has been reading the updates, but hasn't), let's resume our adventure.

Oh, you know what the first thing we gotta do is?

What's the first thing we gotta do?

We gotta catch an HM slave.

I mean that's definitely an important thing.

Yeh.

I64jY8U.png

That works.

So what do we call this HM slave anyway?

Ed-boy.

Nah see I was thinking like... Jamal or something.

Why Jamal?

Because I'm from the South and I need a slave name dammit!

Woooooooooooooooooooow.

Okay naw seriously, I'll probably just name it like... noHoMo.

dmciYI5.png

Okay, who do we box for now? I'm thinking Kat because she's not all that great right now.

But if you don't keep her on the team she never will become great.

Well I mean like it's not permanent. Just for now.

You'll forget about her.

I'm not gonna forget about my funking starter.

I believe you. (sarcasm)

PRQOqOG.png

Well, look who decided to show up. Reptile tells us about the next gym and stuff, but first...

OUQtBiQ.png

What's down here?

HizqPGf.png

So does this count as a new route to catch Pokémon in?

No.

vgM2euT.png

Oh no it's Looker!

Oh no it's Looker...

Another monologue! Because we all know how I love those monologues.

EltEWgM.png

Oh no, mystery men! How dare they be so mysterious.

xAF23Up.png

WHAT!? REGISTEEL!?

That's not the first Registeel I've encountered this run.

Galactic Grunt and his friend Galactic Grunt are dealt with without anyone on my team dying, though Grunt B's Registeel did get the proc on Ancient Power twice. Yikes.

Anyway, let's head up north through Route 204 now that noHoMo can break rocks and stuff. Stratos took a bit of a pounding from Grunt B's Registeel, so let's put Froppy up in front while we make our way along.

iEpK84c.png

Well that fits.

Awwwwww, it's cute!

Yes. Let's murder it.

Wqa2oU3.png

Oooooooooh~

zHF5YbP.png

Okay so does this count as a new area to catch Pokémon?

If there's grass then yeah.

I mean, isn't that grass to your left?

No, that's flowers. Let's heal up and get Kat out the box while we're here.

s058KxE.png

Okay, this is a new route.

You're sure?

Yeah.

Okay.

Now then, what do we get?

cwFVMqU.png

OH!

kuJAmAT.png

Got em!

Name it Ten.

I was thinking Vignette.

What?

For the demon gril in Gabriel Dropout. Let's go to the box and see what she's got.

IOZ8BuU.png

Dude, nice. Vignette will make a fine addition to the party. Who do I box tho?

Let's box Kat. Let's also grind Vignette a bit to see what move she can learn, and also so that life isn't as dangerous for precious demon doggo girl. And by "grind", what I actually mean is "let's sic her on some Galactic Grunts at Valley Windworks." Because we have to do that apparently.

lGIiIIx.png

Ay I think this is another new zone. Let's see what we encounter.

SZjc3Rv.png

A wild fuckboy appeared! Two of them at that! And as it turns out, you don't get wild encounters here. Oh well. Back to Valley Windworks.

5DZ5L07.png

I think Vignette is a bit underprepared to take on this Team Galactic Groudon.

You fought a Registeel.

That wasn't with Vig tho.

True.

NIj5DaN.png

So, in Moemon, is Nidoran-Male a trap or something?

0SQVTfC.png

You know what this means?

What?

It means Rock Wrecker. Because Vignette has that.

Right.

Just a sec I needa go find your nuzlocke thread...

Are you doing my joke?

hn1BLQY.png

giphy.gif

68c248f7f1ada4b8e546779a47d0188e12362545

...maybe.

sn5GVoP.png

2hjnv5T.gif

Let's see what's up on this route that I missed for a Houndoom.

kuDoyGM.png

OHHHHHHHHHHH MY GOOOOOOOOOOOD.

Oh.

It's fine. Houndoom is better than Articuno anyway.

Because you like it more?

Well that. And also because Articuno is fuckoff hard to catch. Let's murder it with Rock Wrecker.

QQahqLd.png

New zone.

LH7192m.png

I want the Skarmory.

Just hope they don't kill it.

nxWYV0x.png

OH. Now I really want it. I'm gonna kill the Furret just to be sure. It'll be fine.

See, every time you say that, it ends up being not fine.

nOWD2kP.png

See? Told you it'd be fine. Let's name it Valkyrie.

Waitwaitwaitwaitwait, before you finalize its name, let me pitch one too. I'm the special guest!

Alright, what you got for me?

Hmmmmmmm...

Valkyrie. (raughs in asian)

I love it. Best name. I can't compete with it.

Let me name the next one though. It'll be the first one you kill.

No it won't. I killed a Skiploom a couple episodes ago.

Okay that's fair.

vrnQYuL.png

Well gee, that'll be helpful if I ever encounter and capture a Latias.

Yeah. I mean, it's totally possible within the realm of this game.

Yeah but I still haven't found a Prism Scale. Or either of the items to evolve Froppy with.

(also I found an Icicle Plate, but forgot to take a picture)

0jlKDb6.png

Yeah good riddance Cheryl.

E5w8Jwo.png

Sai I think this is a bit much for a fisherman on Route 205!

Catch it.

No it's a fisherman's. This isn't Colosseum.

XvZxRrR.png

Oh sheet!

OH, this is that Magikarp thing. You know that guy that comes at you with six Magikarps?

Yeah but they're not Magikarps anymore. :(

Exactly!

(he got his ass beat, but there were multiple close calls. next dude.)

Td0V1vI.png

UHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH...

What!? funking Mewtwo.

Yeah. funking Mewtwo. I'm just gonna let big boi Stratos handle this.

wdKwzwA.png

VIGNETTE NO!

2z5j0ax.png

Get your hit in then switch out!

6548edb078c0f522e92bfb147f3c0757.png

TO WHAT!? Well I guess Fry's healthy...

xsvbvzD.png

NO!!!

1bRhjE1.png

funk! Fry, no!

First death of the nuzlocke, ladies and gents. It's all downhill from here. Wait no Sindragosa has Pursuit, Mewtwo has to recharge! Let's kill it!

6K1zHhi.png

WHAT!? But do you think she's fast enough?

I'd know she was fast enough... IF SHE HAD funking SPEED BOOST! Aight let's see how fast she is...

6bae9f19d333328ab2ffa6f95b5ce4f5.png

Okay. Let's pop open Showdown and do some science.

c00e0877a6437a697dcd1fed51cd8cc4.png

Level 16 Mewtwo is by default, faster.

Oh sheet.

I think we have to sac someone. But who?

I would say you just go for it. Just go for the Pursuit. Everyone else has a really powerful gimmick, don't they?

Lord Explosion Murder has Tail Glow and Aeroblast. Stratos has Huge Power. That's really about it. funk it, let's go for it.

OAtKbVp.png

Your sacrifice won't be forgotten.

We're sorry.

Let's finish this with our own raid boss.

2EztpzP.png

dSj9OdS.gif

Hxra1og.png

Oh sheet, he's still not done!

Oh right, he still has more pokemon! AHAHAHAHAHA! AND IT'S funking REGISTEEL! WHYYYYYYYY?

160db1446f9936df5bd04ea27b4d210a.png

I was gonna say "Fry can kill it" but...

Lord Explosion Murder has a fire move.

No she has funking Mud Shot.

She has Flare Blitz.

idjfIgI.gif

But I'm healing this girl first, because that thing has Download.

It has funking Download!? Can't it like one-hit KO her?

If it survives the Flare Blitz it definitely can, since Lord Explosion Murder's low. So I'm healing.

O9h269K.png

It has... this is like the third thing we've encountered that has Roar of Time.

R5akye9.png

We have defeated that fisherman.

But the cost was quite dear. We lost Sindragosa and Fry. But we're finally in town, so let's call it an episode here.

Alright.

Just remember that Sindragosa died a hero. Let's unbox Valkyrie and Kat I suppose.

AM3v8fF.png

That happened.

That happened.

The Squad:

pPoBuhC.pngREgcN9J.pngyzb6iaD.png0fHGVID.pngzu8vBAf.pngLAdGVc2.png

In Loving Memory:

o4VEmLf.png7N3rMHA.png

I'm still upset about that Mewtwo.

[spoiler=Moemon Platinum Part 5: Small Unboxing Episode Where Nothing Good Happens]First order of business: Grinding. Let's get the squad up to level 20.

VZuG8c7.png

#LockeandLoad

tp09KD1.png

EnlightenedShamefulBass-max-1mb.gif

pJ7UFAi.png

sayori___doki_doki_literature_club_by_re

JDRiCbz.png

...let's just progress. In the span of two episodes I have now lost an entire team's worth of pokemon. I know I said "it's all downhill from here" when Fry died, but I didn't expect it to go downhill quite this fast. Hopefully I can get some sick replacements. And so, with the fearless quartet of Scraw, Froppy, Stratos, and Lord Explosion Murder at my side, let's see what's up in Eterna City.

rW3fInf.png

If only the grim funking reaper was so kind to my team as you, good sir.

UzIGXG7.png

Not a good time, Rep. I'm having a mass funeral.

pGkMcxy.png

No I didn't. I'm here to get gym badges and stuff.

O7kUH5f.png

No sheet, sherlock. Let me just hack the funking game so that everything on my team dodges everything.

xbNROQx.png

go_away_pirates_caribbean.gif

Cynthia gives me the HM01 for Cut, so now we can access the Team Galactic base right there in Eterna City. Or so you'd think! But we need to hit the gym first and get some sick gains of gym badges. Would have been nice if Cynthia mentioned that instead of just "it can be used in the field"! Useless jabroni dunno how you always win the waifu wars but you don't deserve it fuckin piece of sheet...

Anyway.

TlaHnko.png

Your Gym Badge. Hand it over.

It was at this point that imgur started to adamantly refuse to upload any further images, because imgur is only slightly more useful than Cynthia. So I guess we'll tackle Gardenia's gym and the Galactic hideout next time.

We hope to see you again!

The Squad:

Croconaw (Scraw)
Level 18
Ability: Forecast
Me First / Substitute / Double-Edge / Fire Fang

Swablu (Stratos)
Level 24
Ability: Huge Power
Solar Beam / Magnet Bomb / Rock Slide / Powder Snow

Raichu (Lord Explosion Murder)
Level 20
Ability: Rock Head
Tail Glow / Aeroblast / Flare Blitz / Mud Shot

Poliwhirl (Froppy)
Level 20
Ability: Trace
Whirlwind / Pain Split / Doom Desire / Body Slam

In Loving Memory:

Skarmory (Valkyrie)
Level 10
Ability: Dry Skin
Calm Mind / Roar of Time / Toxic / Charge

Toxicroak (Kat)
Level 18
Ability: Effect Spore
Thunder Wave / Double Team / Sludge / Shadow Claw

Houndoom (Vignette)
Level 19
Ability: Frisk
Captivate / Secret Power / Iron Head / Rock Wrecker

Mightyena (Cackles)
Level 11
Ability: Cloud Nine
Rolling Kick / Pain Split / Shadow Force / Fake Out

Again, this is only vengeance for boxing your starter. I hope you learned your lesson.

There's an upside, however.

Yui will get a surprise egg from Cynthia. In OG Platinum, she gives the player a Togepi egg...but since it's Randomizer...the sky's the limit!

QudpKWa.gif

[spoiler=Moemon Platinum Part 6: Big Roster Changes]vZCcq9m.png

Alright lads & ladies, let's get this over with.

FsYcVh6.png

Somehow I doubt that.

m6xkXSF.png

Lass Caroline decided to lead off with Magneton. Needless to say, I don't want Scraw fighting that sheet. Let's leave this one to Lord Explosion Murder.

JMlPky1.png

Oh, well that was easy. Lass Caroline's second Pokemon - a Doduo - went down pretty easily by Scraw's flaming mouth. Next challenger.

TkQ0Gwt.png

Ay gurl, is your name Djenne? Because I'm about to burn your team like the Great Mosque.

jNqSFT6.png

At least it isn't the raid boss. After Lord Explosion Murder explode-murdered Mew (who actually put up a pretty good fight), the last pokemon was Smeargle. It couldn't hold a candle to Stratos's fuckery.

d28kaG8.png

Only one Pokemon?

iVZbBKy.gif

L1jQx0B.png

oh fuckle. it's shuckle. However, it could not fuckle as hard as I can fuckle, so shuckle is out of luckle. Now it's time to fight the gym leader, so buckle up.

PU5PkY3.png

Suuuuuuuure you aaaaaaaare. Whatever you say, gurl.

QIwWeRR.png

I mean you did give me directions. And we met literally right outside your gym door. I'd be more surprised if I didn't find you. Are you flirting with me?

TU0NRn8.png

You're flirting with me. But I'm a girl. This can only mean one thing.

Jdkq8.gif

epDPxuZ.png

FQJb7JQ.png

That is not a grass-type. It is, however, my favorite legendary. So good on you. Best let Stratos handle this; Scraw can't really hurt it.

2Rjfhd9.png

Wow, talk about an anticlimax.

cWaV7Du.png

That is also not a grass-type. Are you sure you didn't mean to say you're the water-type gym leader? I mean, your gym does have fountains and stuff.

mOt5s8x.png

Still not a grass-type, Gardenia. I'm not entirely convinced you know what you're talking about.

91CUylY.png

In the cases where they don't funking die, not really. It's actually pretty easy outside of the existential fear of permadeath.

xQz0D6S.png

That's two badges now. Six more, and I'll be impressed that this run has gotten that far! Gardenia gave me TM86 for Lock-On (which - according to Gardenia - does more damage the heavier your target is, but I don't remember that effect), and now we can go to the Galactic Base.

qHxGm5f.png

I was going to say "but first, what's this place?", but upon uploading the screenshot I now notice the bicycles parked outside, indicating that this establishment is a brick and mortar market within which one can exchange specified quantities of currency for a two-wheeled vehicle powered by pressing the pedals in circular motions with one's lower limbs.

I want a bike.

I3PhBrk.png

Alas, the proprieter of this establishment is nowhere to be seen. Whoever decided just leaving the shop empty without locking up is a good idea should probably be fired. Oh well, let's use our Goldeen's miraculous power to chop down small trees so that we can break into Team Galactic's headquarters.

ThiTx0Q.png

Oooh what's back here?

KKgj9KH.png

A bit late for May the 4th, but it'll do.

QEscGyj.png

Oh great. You again. I'm impressed by how you somehow know Transform, but that's a different story. Looker warns us that there are two sets of stairs, and one of them must be a trap. Also that the Galactic Grunts aren't smart. Which explains how nobody noticed Looker in their midst, even if he can make himself identical.

dhToRbE.png

I'm here to kick ass and chew gum. And I don't chew gum. Time to kick some ass I guess, starting with the two grunts on the first floor.

XnZaT62.png

Also guys, seriously, lose the bob cuts. Your outfits and hair dye are stupid enough, but the bob cuts make it impossible to take you seriously.

Z9v27F7.png

kwTXLGA.gif

Let's ditch Substitute. Not like we ever use it anyway, and putting bastards to sleep is way more effective than throwing away a quarter of your health. With the grunts defeated, let's see what's up that staircase they were guarding.

fSFUOXz.png

Oh.

cujNI8L.png

Neat. Let's go up the right stairs this time.

kqDbUTJ.png

Then I'd imagine it's weak.

RGz1MJz.png

Hey look at that, I was right.

ppkmI0R.png

FsGWmnq.png

uyKgrYk.gif

iue9Z6A.png

I should be the one thanking the grunt, as it turns out. Killing her Machamp taught Froppy how to be tankier.

kJ4Pq11.png

tumblr_mr7er9EulM1snza8uo1_400.gif

The other item is a Jaboca Berry. Way less exciting. Since Froppy's attacks are both low on PP, it's time for a quick trip to the Pokemon Center, then to find out who that mysterious Team Galactic figure over there is.

W5otU6J.png

Also I saw another item and took it. Galactic has some really nice things just lying around in their base.

gUbnlIB.png

Actually I'd like to discuss your awful uniforms and inability to store valuable items like a Master Ball or Mind Plate in a secure vault rather than just leaving them on the floor.

DtOcFll.png

Protip: Don't call a lady's outfit awful.

52uzava.png

Can you blame me though?

R5cuEOL.png

It was on this turn that I learned, Jupiter's Illumise has Seed Flare. Good to know we're back to our standard pace of at least one death per episode. I hate my life. Sorry Skaia, but it looks like Scraw can't survive in this universe either. Heart full of vengeance, I sic Lord Explosion Murder to Aeroblast this Illumise out of this very plane of existence, earning the cycle shop owner's gratitude, but at the cost of a dear companion.

OEGvNCk.png

CuQLDR1.png

Needless to say, I take the egg. Let's get my bike and figure out just what's in this egg.

Ml8emEn.png

A what? After a rather uneventful conversation where I get the Explorer's Kit, it's time to make this egg hatch.

XlQ0nUH.png

vwMin.gif

9VCMC9G.png

That's not bad. I know just what to name it.

G8Hh2sz.png

Needless to say, being only level 1 due to just hatching, Eggsalad has some grinding to do. I'll report back with a grinded-up Eggsalad next episode.

2uhx7RL.png

But before we end this episode, I want to make a catch. I'm really sad about Scraw dying so maybe this will make me feel better? It's also a good opportunity to give Eggsalad some easy levels.

Tht9PMd.pngLjhYgV5.png

TANK IT OUT FROPPY!

9EahnoM.png

tumblr_o9r991tppR1sebz5yo1_500.gif

omcqsUe.png

robbie-rotten-inside-mailbox-57b1eb86ea2

rGL0JjD.png

Nothing can hurt me more than losing Scraw and Froppy in the same episode. Now that I've dealt with the bikers on the bike road, though, let's head for the grass at the bottom of the route and see what I can catch here tonight.

GvZ2SNY.png

Not bad. I'll switch into Lord Explosion Murder for Flare Blitz and--

2QMBvy8.png

e6f.jpg

CAvyio5.png

Phew. This thing has a terrifying moveset, by the way. So I know exactly what to call it (I don't; I spent a while thinking up a name). Say hello to Tortos, named after this raid boss. What did I miss out on tho?

k5897bC.png

Talk about dodging a bullet.

OH28Khs.png

Oh. Perhaps I spoke too soon. Nothing Lord Explosion Murder can't handle though.

JZvesJY.png

Oh hey another route. Is what I would say, except Route 207 is the one outside of Oreburgh, where we killed a Skiploom a few episodes back. But on the bright side, it is right near a Pokemon Center. However, I'd rather not end the episode in Oreburgh.

FLKe5UC.png

Oh hey it's this fuckin nerd. Well my pokedex is looking more like a DeathNote thanks for asking. Leave me alone this isn't a good time. He did, however, give us the dowsing machine, which makes feel a little bit better. Not much though.

7BfuGpw.png

Oh hey this is another new zone. Let's get a catch. WHAT'S IN THE CAVE, COWCOW!?

1FfS14a.png

Cyrus is in the cave! But I cannot catch Cyrus!

iaJIa0n.gif

iwF8aov.png

Dude, nice! Except it keeps using Splash so--

BWLHMgu.png

0QLYjn4.png

QRs4HHT.png

You're mine now, jabroni. I would name you Sindragosa, but I already did that with a Garchomp a few episodes back. So I guess you'll have to settle for being named after the blood quarter boss from Icecrown Citadel instead of the frost quarter boss. Your name is Lana'thel. However, I'll just call you Lana for short, since that coincides with Gen 7's very own best girl. But make no mistake. Your namesake is Blood Queen Lana'thel.

What did I miss out on for this anyway?

It's a Caterpie. I'm glad tb--

urh8NFD.png

WAIT NO! ...wait, it's a Caterpie, what am I worried about?

UJwiH2S.png

giphy.gif

7uuqyAo.png

Another new catch. I'm just gonna try my best to dodge all the trainers. I'll come back next episode when I am not little more than a hollow husk of a trainer, crushed by the tragic and unexpected deaths of his dearest and newest friends alike. Let's fish for this catch in the water.

3WKLV3W.png

I'd like this, but dupe clause prevents it because I had Vignette already. Sorry Houndour. Guess fishing isn't the way to go about this.

KjvthBt.png

I can't dodge this dude. My ninja skills aren't quite that advanced yet. But there is grass down there, so after beating Hiker Robert's Mightyena, it's time to make our actual catch for this route.

APd9Gx5.png

Alright. Sure. Whatever.

ew0KY0w.png

CAN THESE WILD BABBIES JUST STOP HAVING THESE ATTACKS PLEASE?

imHoZ1Y.png

dude wtf. Let's name it Deathray.

juZxppM.png

I also missed an Octillery for Deathray. I'm not gonna comment on it this time, because those "I got the good end" comments have resulted in a really angry fish and the untimely death of Tortos. After some really stressful trainer-dodging, however, I finally made to Hearthome City!

aifSChS.png

And who the funk are you?

QWNS0Ks.png

And with that you've lost my interest. Good day. Okay now before I end this episode, I saw what appears to be a route just near the entrance of the city. Let's go check it out, against my better judgment.

ylJMN1g.png

Well fine I'll just go find some other route. Except not because all the other routes are blocked too. Guess we'll pick this up tomorrow and do some grinding.

AzlioYU.png

The Squad:

prbMFN5.pngFTM5Rno.png4WcAWri.pngDGh1AEb.png

In Loving Memory:

eqxaP33.pngLaiufg5.pngMR9pm8U.pngDf1GEiZ.png

Let's take a moment to appreciate that Lana has a STAB move which is powered up by Technician.

If you let her die I'm disowning you as my friend

I'm still really upset about all those losses from the last episode. Eggsalad I can live without, but the other three were really good. Oh well.

[spoiler=Moemon Platinum Part 7: Grinding Episode Where HOLY sheet]Another grinding episode! This time, let's aim to get the squad to level 35. Starting with Stratos, since she levels really slow and I want to see what ability she'll have as Altaria. Shouldn't be too tough since there are all those trainers I dodged on Route 208.

AWvmLdJ.png

Um... thanks? I don't know what this is or what it does.

QVJhAfQ.png

Oh that helps actually. I'll be sure to head to Route 209 when we get there. Back to the grind.

28oKc09.png

Apparently Suicune just hangs out in the wild around here. Along with Lucario.

bHjwDUu.pngyJDhQlS.png

2hjnv5T.gif

fpTaZ6C.png

Of. funking. Course. Of course the Suicune's Cross Chop is going to land a crit, killing Deathray from full health! Why wouldn't it!? It's not like I'm still recovering from the last episode or anything! That'd be crazy! D:<

lT78ocL.png

DON'T YOU DARE

eZDoHNV.png

Okay, lemme explain why this was the single most stressful wild encounter of this entire nuzlocke. Scizor's ability in this seed (one of them anyway) is Arena Trap, meaning I can't switch into Lord Explosion Murder and Flare Blitz this thing. It also knows Focus Blast which is super-effective against Lana. And Calm Mind, which will both increase the power of Focus Blast and make itself tankier against Lana. And Double Team, so that it's harder to hit to begin with. And Secret Power, which on grassy terrain, can put Lana to sleep (see above). And due to Scizor's bug-steel typing, it resists Lana's signature Icy Wind. I do not want to fight another one of these with Lana, but I have to grind her up most of all since she's now the weakest link with Deathray's death. Between these Scizors and the wild Suicunes with their Cross Chops, it feels like Lana is definitely going to die if I grind her on the route proper. She'll have to receive special treatment and get her grinding in the nearby cave.

repv6DW.png

Duuuuuuuuuuuuuude. Also I figured out how the dowsing machine works in this gen. I like Gen 5's better. I also remembered there are trainers on Route 20whatever I haven't battled. Let's clean those up with Stratos right quick to help her grind efforts.

y3EgDzV.png

Oh hi Wattson. Fancy meeting you here.

nYWvEmo.png

79cdnf0.png

Lots of grinding for Stratos later...

bTnoi24.png

Stratos has finally evolved. Trace is a nice ability to have. I've also done all the grinding for Lord Explosion Murder by this point, so now I just need to spend a ton of time grinding up Lana. Since Glaceon learns a move at level 36, I'll be giving Lana an extra level for this grinding session.

wBzEZ1x.png

Please, not like this...

bZDhe5h.png

eight levels later...

SYLqJvz.png

k_on__yui_energized___gif_animation_by_k

By this point, Lana has surpassed Lord Explosion Murder as my favorite team member. With the grinding done, let's make some progress by hitting up the contest hall, where our resident gym leader has buggered off to.

YtgpndD.png

Oh, you again. Hi. Apparently mom - who is also here except I didn't recognize her - is a contest star. Keira seems impressed. She gives us an accessory and mom gives us a dress, before she takes off, leaving me to my own devices.

8iRxaaK.png

I want your gym badge.

kcKoWVf.png

Go back to Kalos you pretender!

fwPJ64h.png

Oh I don't have to do a contest first? Sweet. Let's get out of this place and go where we actually belong. The Gym. The very convoluted gym. I do not like this place.

4A8nI9I.png

The first trainer in this gym has goddamn Moltres. If only Lana knew an attack Moltres was 4x weak to. Oh wait, she does. And she's faster, probably due to the level gap. Finding my way through is annoying, but ultimately not that difficult. Bringing me to Fantina.

6tJUcth.png

I do not like you.

W5bfcEC.png

And unlucky for you, Lana only just recently learned Fire Blast.

Wb2fOJT.png

My gut says this is a job for Lord Explosion Murder.

KNTE0XN.png

Oh no.

IkHSnEq.png

And this is definitely a job for Tail Glow-boosted Mud Shots. Overall, the most fight Fantina's team put up at any point was her Munchlax used Ice Fang on Lord Explosion Murder one single time. And with that...

cAQW11d.png

I now have three badges! Fantina gives me a TM for Magical Leaf, which - as a base 60 power special move that doesn't check accuracy - I immediately give to Lana. Except the only team member that can use this TM is Stratos so... at least I tried ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Anyway, let's head to the next route and also see if those reporters have gotten out of my way by now. Which, they haven't. But I can still go to the next route, so let's head there. I can get a new catch and stuff.

BPMzys6.png

Oh, hi.

MJvkLCW.png

I don't think you want that buddy.

QlhMHMS.png

Well if you insist.

QqBPx03.pngHeb9FUT.pngHl7YzN6.png

Easy game, easy life.

epq1g9S.png

Oh. However, despite Stratos's 4x weakness to ice, a combination of the level gap, Jigglypuff's shitty attack stat, Ice Shard only having base 40 power in gen 4, and Stratos being a tanky gril, this attack didn't really hurt all that much. Rep announces his intent to head to Solaceon Town, which happens to be my destination as well. But first, new catch.

ovQqkhx.png

This isn't usually the effect I get. What's happening?

vAgxXIo.png

wU37I9r.gif

Good thing I have a Master Ball.

Uf9yWOU.png1oYubNd.png

Rep pointed this out to me yesterday, but I have the worst luck with things randomly knowing moves that kill my teammates, but otherwise have absurdly good luck. So with that in mind, what did I miss out on for funking Palkia? (it was Shuppet)

ylLaqG5.png

WHAT THE funk? Needless to say, imma put Ceto in front so she can grind up on these trainers.

DwRdPLE.png

Ooh nice.

jmuyiWQ.png

Ummm...

BVYtGtc.png

Oh.

dL0SZu6.png

And this must be the rock thing that guy with the keystone was talking about. Let's check it out. And all I really got for that was a miniscule history lesson that didn't really teach me anything. This is the Hallowed Tower. It was built many years ago. Let's get to town and--

JjFYc20.png

Oh hi. Again. A whole lot of nothing ensues from that conversation, and while many would be content to end the episode here, I am not many! I found a cave near town, so I want to go inside it and get another new catch!

7HPx851.png

WHAT'S IN THE CAVE!?

n5oll3b.pngAGjQKkv.png5ttnTiJ.pngTuwdxc8.png

Some items apparently. But no Pokemon. And a couple hidden items I found with the dowsing machine.

ruGxy8P.png

Including a second Iron Plate. So while I didn't find a new catch here, there's still Route 210 just north of town. Let's make another catch to wrap this episode up.

X8ZcEzJ.png

hQu5Pg4.gif

PudkAeo.png0mUangX.png

Mine. Bandit's actually pretty powerful. I'll have to keep my eyes open for any Razor Claws so that I can evolve her. I think between her and Ceto, we can end this episode on a high note.

XJKd339.png

We still lost Deathray tho.

The Squad:

OsB1JF8.pngSFIKE8m.pngEI6qtLt.pngHs7TeOb.pngW7uyW4y.png

In Loving Memory:

di8M97E.png

Small bonus episode.

[spoiler=Moemon Platinum Part 7.5: New Friends]XBcq9ae.png

Initially this was just going to be some off-screen grinding for Ceto and Bandit, but the Lost Tower is south of the town we left off in, so let's see if this is a new zone where I can make another catch. I also want to backtrack to Eterna City real quick because apparently there's a route outside of it that I didn't know about.

v4QSVaa.png

It is.

AqCKLke.pnggC95aZH.png

Koume has an Adamant nature, which is unfortunate. Still, I can make a decent mixed sweeper out of her if the odds come out just right. Let's head to Route 211.

PFOl3iz.png

Hopefully Stratos's Solar Beam doesn't obliterate this thing.

Xd1XH4p.pngLwjgCQY.png

Verdict: It didn't. I think I'll grind up Koume instead of Venom, since Ariados kinda sucks. So I was healing up at Eterna City when I realized...

1CicwSl.png

These are the funkers that were blocking my path earlier! It's on!

9cwFUE9.png

ux4lMR7.png

Also I got another plate for my collection. Unfortunately, the reporters are still blocking my path back at Hearthome, so this bonus episode ends here.

When the next real episode is out, expect a well-grinded update on Ceto, Bandit, and Koume.

QUICK UPDATE: About three minutes after posting this, a random trainer's Shaymin used Cross Chop. Needless to say, Bandit won't be part of that update I was talking about.