Trump Administration Actions Thread

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Quick reminder that posts in this thread should be directed specifically to the current administration and their actions. If you'd like to discuss a similar topic in a more broad spectrum, please mak

I LITERALLY said it seems legal, even if it's unethical. And if it's not, I'm sure the AG can prosecute it. Given all he's doing is whining, speaks enough for itself

Facts:

A vote by mail ballot collected by a ballot harvester does NOT have to include the name or signature of the harvester on the identification envelope in order to be valid.

A ballot harvester is NOT required to document the vote by mail ballots chain of custody in any way.

A ballot harvester is NOT required to provide any kind of documentation/receipt when collecting a vote by mail ballot.

Election officials are NOT required to obtain any identifying information, including names, of ballot harvesters when they return collected ballots.

Election officials are NOT required to maintain a list of persons who collect and submit collected ballots, regardless of how many ballots they submit.

ANY individual is eligible to harvest ballots, including: •Non-California residents •Illegal immigrants •Foreign nationals

It appears Republicans are well within their right to collect ballots in this manner. It’s just that democrats don’t like it.

Your side profited off this chicanery. The crows have come home to roost 

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/california-unofficial-ballot-drop-off-boxes

He did order them to cease and desist under threat of prosecution, and the state is conducting an investigation. Not sure how that's "whining".

Copying Melissa Melendez's tweets is a lazy argument. You could have at least tried to independently verify what she was talking about before trusting her words implicitly just because it conveniently supports your position. A Republican State Senator is defending her party, and in order to do so, she either lied or did not know the law.

https://files.constantcontact.com/c1d64240601/cf61386b-2497-47a3-8556-b5dba186f486.pdf

Scroll to the bottom of the second page, which explicitly states that designated bearers must provide their name, signature, and relationship to the voter. If anything, I think Padilla's mistake was just that he didn't specify enough of the election code, since section c says "Notwithstanding paragraphs (9) to (11), inclusive, of subdivision (a), a ballot shall not be disqualified solely because the person authorized to return it did not provide on the identification envelope his or her name, relationship to the voter, or signature." Having a law for disqualifying such ballots flies right in the face of what you were blindly parroting.

Once again, your argument is that Democrats are doing something you disagree with, so it's only "fair" that Republicans do the same thing. However, the false equivalence only appeals to you because you don't seem to know the law, and instead relied on someone else's misinformation about the law. There's a difference between an individual chosen by a voter, who does have to be verified by county officials (despite Melendez's claim otherwise), and unofficial ballot boxes with no established chain of custody.

Republicans broke the law, then spread false information about the state's laws after the fact. It shifts the burden of this scandal onto the law, and not onto the Republicans who broke it. You believe that this is another case of reaping what we have sown, but as with the other times you've tried to use that logic in the past few weeks alone, it doesn't apply. If Republicans have to lie about what the law says, then they're not doing the same thing as Democrats.

Facts: the famous Ice Cube put out the CWBA. Both parties contacted Ice Cube. Dems said "We’ll address the CWBA after the election." Trump campaign made some adjustments to their plan after talking about the CWBA.

8 hours ago, Godbrand said:

Facts: the famous Ice Cube put out the CWBA. Both parties contacted Ice Cube. Dems said "We’ll address the CWBA after the election." Trump campaign made some adjustments to their plan after talking about the CWBA.

Considering the contents of the original plan, I will have to hold full judgment until I see what those adjustments are, leaning on the side of "this is bullshit and Cube got played".

While it includes making Juneteenth a federal holiday, an amazing change, and officially recognizing the KKK as a terrorist organization, the latter also applies to antifa, which shows a lack of understanding at best, and suppression of conflicting ideologies at worst.

Other things in the CWBA directly oppose statements trump (or the republican party) has made, including the removal of all confederate statues.

I'm still bothered that the plan is named after a metal traditionally thought of as "white" but I suspect this is an overcorrection after trump wanted to call it the ebony plan or some other inane shit.

Honestly it just all feels to me like smoke and mirrors. Such significant policy change only weeks before the election is pretty transparent in intent, in my opinion.

• Like 1

Twitter censoring, Twitter is spreading properganda and Twitter is straight out lying!

Censoring political speech is what you’d expect in countries like China, North Korea, or Iran — NOT America. This should scare every single American who values free and open discourse. Do NOT let big tech silence YOU! Some slopes really are slippery. Twitter went from censoring Alex Jones to censoring the White House Press Secretary and the New York Post in a little over a year. If the Ukrainian prosecutor isn't fired, you're not getting the money. 

How can twitter make this outrageous and false claim? ⁦Joe Biden⁩ is on video bragging about getting that prosecutor fired. Prosecutor was investigating a Ukrainian business that Hunter worked for. How in the world does this pass any test? Give me a break. This is wrong! Washington Post & Twitter are claiming that Joe Biden played no role in getting the Ukrainian Prosecutor fired. The video is put there on the internet showing Biden himself bragging about handing down the ultimatum of withholding a 1 billion american dollars unless the Ukrainians fired the prosecutor within 6 hours. 

Twitter blocked the link to the New York Post's article about Joe Biden's corruption, then Twitter blocked the link to the House Judiciary Committee's page of the article. So the Post's article was moved to the Trump campaign website. 

On 10/8/2020 at 7:13 AM, Phantom Roxas said:

https://www.mediamatters.org/james-okeefe/james-okeefe-cycle-after-sean-hannitys-eager-promotion-another-project-veritas-video

Here's another article that breaks down how O'Keefe's story fell apart.

Since you haven't actually done anything to defend O'Keefe or this story, I assume that pattern will hold.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/factcheck/2020/10/16/fact-check-project-veritas-no-proof-voter-fraud-scheme-link-ilhan-omar/3584614001/

Further analysis on the story. I really don't get why anyone actually believes Veritas. At this point, I suspect that people have been adequately informed of O'Keefe's manipulations know that he's full of shit, but they'll argue in bad faith anyway because he tells them what they want to here. Having that air of authority backing them up is more important than the claims actually being legitimate.

7 hours ago, Phantom Roxas said:

I really don't get why anyone actually believes Veritas. At this point, I suspect that people have been adequately informed of O'Keefe's manipulations know that he's full of shit, but they'll argue in bad faith anyway because he tells them what they want to here. Having that air of authority backing them up is more important than the claims actually being legitimate.

The strategy of Veritas is, as far as I know, to rely on confirmation bias and other related crap as a substitute to substance. It also relies on the security some people might feel in trusting Veritas as if they're alyways "watching out" for them and their side. I read somewhere the other day that "what Orwell failed to predict is that we'd buy the cameras ourselves, and our greatest fear would be that no one is watching" and I think that's very applicable today - from Veritas on the right to TYT on the left, people are so desperate to be recorded as on the side of righteousness that they don't care if evil is done to them as long as it's in their causes name. I don't know what the cause of Veritas is, what their end goal is - maybe there is none and they just want to aggravate.

The point is, Veritas is the symptom and not the problem at large, which is a somewhat/loosely coordinated attack on objectivity, with the goal being not so much as to prop up lies and more to tear down truth, or hijack it to serve their wants. There's a reason why Trump (or someone who's on board with him, I don't remember who exactly) could get away with naming a disinformation campaign "Truth Over Facts". The end goal of this loosely coordinated attack is to get the 'truth' of whatever cause they're fighting for to outweigh the 'facts' of real life and how things really work, to the degree that someday the 'truth' could be proclaimed as '2+2=5' and they could get away with it, or something equivalently unpassable today.

• Like 1

I'd say that perfectly sums them up. While I said that people like the air of authority that Veritas claims to have, I think you summed it up better; they like the comfort in having someone who is vigilant, and "uncovering" a conspiracy.

I think the aggravation is more than enough for Veritas, thought as far as what either side is looking for, it's not just righteousness. When Veritas "exposes" illegal* ballot harvesting (that they personally staged, and merely say was committed by the left), it vindicates what their audience wants to here: The left is somehow conspiracy to overthrow the government, and will do so at any cost. Then O'Keefe's audience calls for justice to be done, and when that doesn't happen, it furthers the audience's distrust in the system.

In my experience, people on the left either already know not to trust O'Keefe, or they simply don't know who he is. So his aggravation is more effective in stoking the right's confirmation biases. It gives people like Tim Pool more material for his channel. It is purely about profiting off of the right's outrage.

It's bizarre how the people who claim to pride themselves in being "objective" are the same people who absolutely adore attacks on objectivity. "Truth Over Facts" seems to be from Trump's campaign, though I can't pinpoint any particular individual spearheading that particular movement.

I want to say a lot of this seems to come from a mentality of "If I'm going down, I'm taking you with me." We know that Biden is going to win, but it's hard to tell whether the GOP is putting on a brave face, or if they genuinely believe that Trump can still win. However, the likes of O'Keefe and Pool have been active for a long while, and have only been emboldened by Trump. Either way, deceiving people for the hell of it gives them a big audience, so they know they can just keep that up.

They aren't journalists. Not in the traditional sense, at least. They are, at best, YouTube content creators.

On 10/15/2020 at 9:29 AM, (GigaDrillBreaker) said:

Considering the contents of the original plan, I will have to hold full judgment until I see what those adjustments are, leaning on the side of "this is bullshit and Cube got played".

While it includes making Juneteenth a federal holiday, an amazing change, and officially recognizing the KKK as a terrorist organization, the latter also applies to antifa, which shows a lack of understanding at best, and suppression of conflicting ideologies at worst.

Other things in the CWBA directly oppose statements trump (or the republican party) has made, including the removal of all confederate statues.

I'm still bothered that the plan is named after a metal traditionally thought of as "white" but I suspect this is an overcorrection after trump wanted to call it the ebony plan or some other inane shit.

Honestly it just all feels to me like smoke and mirrors. Such significant policy change only weeks before the election is pretty transparent in intent, in my opinion.

Quite sometime before the election actually

Electorally smarter move would have been to go after Catholic Latino voters if everything has to be seen through that lens

1 minute ago, Ryusei the Morning Star said:

Quite sometime before the election actually

Electorally smarter move would have been to go after Catholic Latino voters if everything has to be seen through that lens

I would argue that appealing toward blacks helps get votes from more demographics than only the black population.

54 minutes ago, (GigaDrillBreaker) said:

I would argue that appealing toward blacks helps get votes from more demographics than only the black population.

Yeah of course, but going after pro-life hispanic voters secure FL/AZ/TX and puts Nevada in play

Which imo is more valuable than the avg white woman somewhere