Introducing: Film & Literature

Phantom Roxas

So, you might have noticed that Movies & TV Shows and Literature has gone missing. As discussed in this thread, the Anime & Manga section has been expanded to become "Animation & Graphic Novels", but since animation has offered several topics in Movies & TV Shows, and comics come up in Literature, both sections would have subjects of discussion moved over to that new section. The remnants of Movies & TV Shows and Literature have now been combined into a single section: Film & Literature.

"Film" shall be considered the catch-all term for Movies & TV Shows, so while animation threads should preferably be kept to Animation & Graphic Novels, you can otherwise continue to post here as you have posted in Movies & TV Shows in the past. While Literature isn't a section that has seen much activity in the past few years, it is not a section we are willing to abandon. Plus, many programs that would typically be posted in Movies & TV Shows have been based on books, such as Game of Thrones, or Young Adult movies, so there is an overlap between the two sections. As such, threads here can engage in discussion of material both in references to those books, and their respective adaptations.

Feel free to post here if you have any questions or concerns about this new section. Beyond that, enjoy Film & Literature!

j1nRaXo.png

I actually regret letting the LoTR thread die that Speedy and I started. Do you think we could get that bookclub going again Roxas? Given all the focus on the coasts (TCG/General) it would be nice if we could get some book club activity going again to bring up the middle of YCM back.

I do like the suggestion though. Place looks more active. It's on us to actually make it so now

Archived