Jump to content
Sleepy

Le Crayon Corner~

Recommended Posts

Doodle 2 for my comic project. I don't know if I'd start properly drawing them after filling up enough for a chapter or just a few more pages once they are more or less looking good.


BKW8zbb.jpg

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Sleepy said:

Doodle 2 for my comic project. I don't know if I'd start properly drawing them after filling up enough for a chapter or just a few more pages once they are more or less looking good.

  Reveal hidden contents


BKW8zbb.jpg

 

Allow me some remarks, based on each vignette:

1) XD

2) Oww, Pyro is cute

3) Holy FREAKING CRAP! Where ARE WE? Let's get the f*ck out of here!

4) I'm beginning to think Pyro's mom is sexy as hell. Is she single?

ALL) Your calligraphy is pretty bad, Ezlypi XP

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Rayfield Lumina said:

Allow me some remarks, based on each vignette:

1) XD

2) Oww, Pyro is cute

3) Holy FREAKING CRAP! Where ARE WE? Let's get the f*ck out of here!

4) I'm beginning to think Pyro's mom is sexy as hell. Is she single?

ALL) Your calligraphy is pretty bad, Ezlypi XP

3) Those scarecrows are a distinctive part of this town they are getting into xP
4) No xD She's not the one on the driver's seat. I'll try to make it more clear in the final version haha...
Here's an older sketch to showcase who's driving:
DD0d9Gt.jpg


ALL) Not gonna lie, my hand writing could look prettier xD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, BGMCANN0N said:

Everybody has there own way of doing things...  Actually I should ask, Nyx, what program you use?

Photoshop. I know the software's more intended for editing images, but I'm already paying for it and don't want to spend more money for a dedicated drawing program.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Sleepy, oh damn, that's true! I remember that man from before. You could say he's a little irresponsible, letting her daughter do those kinds of experiments xD.

Well, today I want to upload another drawing:

Natsumi.thumb.jpg.0d1528661bc352d056b84db385f48c57.jpg

Looks like during those days I had a freaking tendency to make feet too small, I'll keep that in mind for future drawings. I suppose you can recognize her as Natsumi, except this time she's not chibi ^_^'' I guess those clouds were inspired by Akatsuki, but they're not red. This one is the last drawing I made along with those of Liliamyr, Marina and Rayfield. Her Element is Thunder, by the way, and I used to compare her to a Ninjask, lol, pretty damn fast and strong, but frail as glass.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Rayfield Lumina said:

@Sleepy, oh damn, that's true! I remember that man from before. You could say he's a little irresponsible, letting her daughter do those kinds of experiments xD.

Well, today I want to upload another drawing:

Natsumi.thumb.jpg.0d1528661bc352d056b84db385f48c57.jpg

Looks like during those days I had a freaking tendency to make feet too small, I'll keep that in mind for future drawings. I suppose you can recognize her as Natsumi, except this time she's not chibi ^_^'' I guess those clouds were inspired by Akatsuki, but they're not red. This one is the last drawing I made along with those of Liliamyr, Marina and Rayfield. Her Element is Thunder, by the way, and I used to compare her to a Ninjask, lol, pretty damn fast and strong, but frail as glass.


You sound strangely disappointed that the mom isn't single xD
Here's a drawing of her I made a couple Inktobers ago.
Though she was a fairly newly made character so some details are not yet the standard necessarily xP
czRw1yy.jpg

The man can be responsible depending on how closely he's watching over and what exactly they are working with.... and how reckless Pyro truly might be xD

Also, oh nice. Akatsuki clouds were probably inspired in older wood carving imagery from centuries old Japanese art. 
Hands and feet just do that kinda thing, I still sometimes draw the same hands or feet again because I made them too big or small xD It's fine.





 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Sleepy said:


You sound strangely disappointed that the mom isn't single xD
Here's a drawing of her I made a couple Inktobers ago.
Though she was a fairly newly made character so some details are not yet the standard necessarily xP
czRw1yy.jpg

The man can be responsible depending on how closely he's watching over and what exactly they are working with.... and how reckless Pyro truly might be xD

Also, oh nice. Akatsuki clouds were probably inspired in older wood carving imagery from centuries old Japanese art. 
Hands and feet just do that kinda thing, I still sometimes draw the same hands or feet again because I made them too big or small xD It's fine.
 

Oh my goodness! ❤️ (╯°□°)╯

No, no, no, he's blatantly being irresponsible, how dare he let his little girl have contact with dangerous substances! Let's just hope Pyro's mom realizes this and dumps him. Yes... dumps him... and then... she'll be free... *drools*

By the way, I just noticed the Pyro family has just about the same hair colour as Liliamyr. Could they be distant relatives? xD

 

Oh yeah, those hands and feet are tough!

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, BGMCANN0N said:

Actually these days it even caters to those who draw... Provided you have a decent tablet to get you by. As they have a thing called "Smoothing" where it can make your strokes less choppier. On top that, have you seen the "curve pen tool"? If you are still working on your strokes or don't have a tablet... It can make exact curves for lines you are going for. It is pretty amazing.

I have a Wacom Cintiq 13 HD.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Rayfield Lumina said:

Oh my goodness! ❤️ (╯°□°)╯

No, no, no, he's blatantly being irresponsible, how dare he let his little girl have contact with dangerous substances! Let's just hope Pyro's mom realizes this and dumps him. Yes... dumps him... and then... she'll be free... *drools*

By the way, I just noticed the Pyro family has just about the same hair colour as Liliamyr. Could they be distant relatives? xD

 

Oh yeah, those hands and feet are tough!

Though eye color doesn't match xD
Pyro's family don't have any fancy eye colors like blue or emerald green or stuff like that.
And what was Liliamyr's background? because she looks like she'd have more in common with a deity than some mortal commoners xP

I'll take the chance to repost what is the last other art I have of Pam, this time a kid image just to have the collection together sort of haha...


e9Z2HPA.jpg


 
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, BGMCANN0N said:

Oh sweet.... So messed with the pressure sensitivity settings on its preferences to your liking, and the smoothing in Photoshop? Maybe even checked Lazy Nezumi?

Nope. I don't know too much on Photoshop outside of what I remember from my college classes. Any suggestions you have for me on Photoshop?

By the way: I'm using a laptop, and not an Apple one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, BGMCANN0N said:

But, a few yes... When you have your brush tool on in Photoshop there should be an option to adjust the percentage Smoothing on the top... The higher the percentage the slower the brush is, but it calculates and catches up with your intended stroke making it smoother (perfect for line art)... The lower it is the faster the brush, but it doesn't calculate anything other than the stroke you are making and makes no effort to smoothing it out (perfect for painting in an image). I recommend playing around with that if you want to improve your line art.

Also, by the smoothing settings there should be a gear next to it that gives you additional options for smoothing that you can check there boxes:

  • Catch-up mode: Basically the one I just described on top.
  • Pulled String Mode: Basically when you use your brush you are tugging on to a string towards the edge of circle... And when you reach the edge it starts drawing the line based on where the string is being pulled... Really good if you want to do slower strokes for details. When you adjust the smoothing option to be lower... The circle gets smaller.

The remaining options I have little experience with, but you could try them out if you want to.

 

For my other suggestions... How well do you about paths in Photoshop? Oh and blending option too... How well do you know about them?

 

Also, I could actually help you even more if I see can see your .psd file for one of your projects to see how you are doing things with your layers. 🙂

 

Huh. Apparently, I only have Smothing on 10%. 

I've tackled with paths and blending, but they're sort of a blur. Given how it's been years since I've taken those classes.

I'd share it with you (as scary as it is), but apparently it's too big.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Sleepy said:

Though eye color doesn't match xD
Pyro's family don't have any fancy eye colors like blue or emerald green or stuff like that.
And what was Liliamyr's background? because she looks like she'd have more in common with a deity than some mortal commoners xP

I'll take the chance to repost what is the last other art I have of Pam, this time a kid image just to have the collection together sort of haha...

  Reveal hidden contents


e9Z2HPA.jpg

 

Well, Dulce was kinda "translated" to your comic, right? And despite her eyes being originally red, they became the classic black dot. So, just maybe, in another version, in another universe, Autumn and Pam's eyes are blue. Ahhh, Pam *sigh* I've carved that name into my heart. So, when she was little, she was part of the boy scouts, huh? I shall study that for possible conversation topic xD

By the way, i'm pretty interested in that line about Liliamyr. Why are you seeing her as if she could be related to a "deity"? Have you developed a theory about her past?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, BGMCANN0N said:

As in you can only have it on 10% or that was the default?

I could give you my email on PM and you could send it through Google Drive.

It was Default.

Yeah...I don't want to share my email.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Rayfield Lumina said:

Well, Dulce was kinda "translated" to your comic, right? And despite her eyes being originally red, they became the classic black dot. So, just maybe, in another version, in another universe, Autumn and Pam's eyes are blue. Ahhh, Pam *sigh* I've carved that name into my heart. So, when she was little, she was part of the boy scouts, huh? I shall study that for possible conversation topic xD

By the way, i'm pretty interested in that line about Liliamyr. Why are you seeing her as if she could be related to a "deity"? Have you developed a theory about her past?

Umm no, it's just that she's this kinda orange blond blue eye gal in a fancy dress with a golden staff and it makes me think of Athena from Saint Seiya xD
Or at the very least she looks pretty dignified and pure despite having the "kawaii" factor xP

I am starting to think your newfound attachment to Pyro's mom is more than just a gag and that you must have a thing for that kind of character look, long straight hair and glasses, like the teacher from K-On! xD

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Sleepy said:

Umm no, it's just that she's this kinda orange blond blue eye gal in a fancy dress with a golden staff and it makes me think of Athena from Saint Seiya xD
Or at the very least she looks pretty dignified and pure despite having the "kawaii" factor xP

I am starting to think your newfound attachment to Pyro's mom is more than just a gag and that you must have a thing for that kind of character look, long straight hair and glasses, like the teacher from K-On! xD

Hahaha is that so? But at least this girl is useful, compared to Athena, who most of the time was kidnapped/hurt by a deadly arrow/about to drown. I dunno about the dignified part, she's often seeing having fun accidents. There was one time when Natsumi summoned a small speedster wingless dragon (called Orenjiro, what a great name lol) both of them mounted it and went to a certain place at 300 km/h or something. Orenjiro brake without warning and Liliamyr was sent flying about 30m forward until she landed with her face on the floor. What's funny is that I imagine the scene in chibi version, from a far away angle, and a big *POOF* when she hits the ground. Natsumi muttered something like: Oh yeah, I should have told you about that... Just a random more comment: Dat Orenjiro is kinda like a pervert dragon, and he's always wanting to "eat cute girls", so he kept ogling at Liliamyr and threatening with eating her. Even Natsumi has trouble to keep him in check xD.

Well, this time you didn't exactly hit the head of the nail. I don't have anything against straight hair or glasses, but actually, what I have is a thing for redheads xD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Rayfield Lumina said:

Hahaha is that so? But at least this girl is useful, compared to Athena, who most of the time was kidnapped/hurt by a deadly arrow/about to drown. I dunno about the dignified part, she's often seeing having fun accidents. There was one time when Natsumi summoned a small speedster wingless dragon (called Orenjiro, what a great name lol) both of them mounted it and went to a certain place at 300 km/h or something. Orenjiro brake without warning and Liliamyr was sent flying about 30m forward until she landed with her face on the floor. What's funny is that I imagine the scene in chibi version, from a far away angle, and a big *POOF* when she hits the ground. Natsumi muttered something like: Oh yeah, I should have told you about that... Just a random more comment: Dat Orenjiro is kinda like a pervert dragon, and he's always wanting to "eat cute girls", so he kept ogling at Liliamyr and threatening with eating her. Even Natsumi has trouble to keep him in check xD.

Well, this time you didn't exactly hit the head of the nail. I don't have anything against straight hair or glasses, but actually, what I have is a thing for redheads xD

Saori is indeed pretty bad, which is why I carefully only said "Athena" so I can later instead refer to Sasha, the Saint Seiya Athena from Lost Canvas xD
So she is something beyond a simple human, being capable of riding a dragon's back running at the speed of racing cars with nothing resembling a windshield, and surviving flying and smashing as it stops abruptly. It ending with her getting as hurt as a regular girl would have been if she had just tripped over on grassy ground xD That is quite a feat.

A thing for redheads? x9 
Though Pyro's family almost counts as blond xD
The witch's family is a bit more of a true red-headed kind, with here a part of her sister's design before I drew her in the project's style:
ibR1AoP.jpg

Though the witch girl herself doesn't have red hair.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Sleepy said:

x9 

Okay, this is the first time I've seen you use that typed emoji, and I take it as a bad omen. Looks like you're "relamiendote los bigotes", getting ready for the jokes. I guess that, from now on, I'll be made fun of, but that's what I get for disclosing such vital information xD. But I gotta say, I'm insulted for you trying to divert my attention from Pam, I don't just go after any redhead that crosses my path! There's a wise saying out there in the internet: "More than one waifu ruins your laifu" And Pam is Pam ❤️. Also, from what I remember, Sonnet's sister already has a crapload of guys dying for her, she doesn't need another idiot chasing her.

Orenjiro creates an electric field in front of him when he's carrying people (how convenient, huh?). Liliamyr has just about the same level of endurance as any normal girl, the difference is her magic. She can channel that force through her body, enhancing her physical proficiency. At the beginning, she does this unconsciously for survival, but later she learns how to do it at will. This is probably the reason why she's able to stay alive despite receiving quite a bit of stones in the head and keeping being tripped by the townspeople xD. Also, unrelated to her magic, she has a certain small regenerative factor, nothing of the likes of Wolverine, but it's there. That's the reason why you don't see her body badly scarred of her time as Auradelta, not to mention the punishments she received in the orphanage. She still has small scars in her hands and back, though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Rayfield Lumina said:

Okay, this is the first time I've seen you use that typed emoji, and I take it as a bad omen. Looks like you're "relamiendote los bigotes", getting ready for the jokes. I guess that, from now on, I'll be made fun of, but that's what I get for disclosing such vital information xD. But I gotta say, I'm insulted for you trying to divert my attention from Pam, I don't just go after any redhead that crosses my path! There's a wise saying out there in the internet: "More than one waifu ruins your laifu" And Pam is Pam ❤️. Also, from what I remember, Sonnet's sister already has a crapload of guys dying for her, she doesn't need another idiot chasing her.

Orenjiro creates an electric field in front of him when he's carrying people (how convenient, huh?). Liliamyr has just about the same level of endurance as any normal girl, the difference is her magic. She can channel that force through her body, enhancing her physical proficiency. At the beginning, she does this unconsciously for survival, but later she learns how to do it at will. This is probably the reason why she's able to stay alive despite receiving quite a bit of stones in the head and keeping being tripped by the townspeople xD. Also, unrelated to her magic, she has a certain small regenerative factor, nothing of the likes of Wolverine, but it's there. That's the reason why you don't see her body badly scarred of her time as Auradelta, not to mention the punishments she received in the orphanage. She still has small scars in her hands and back, though.

Is it really the first time I use it around here? Weird because I think I tend go for these naturally  xD XD xp x9 :v xP ^-^ 
Don't read into it as if I had an ulterior motive, lurking in the darkness xD

I thought the saying was "no waifu no laifu", and I think it's a bit more acceptable to go after the girl that's single even though she's got a lot of people after her, than the one that's already married and with a kid XD

Interestingly enough, when I post these characters in pages there's an overall pattern on what characters get more reactions in general. The reactions seem to go along the lines of: Rainboots >>> Joker / everybody else slightly under that > adults (Pam is here). So I'll give you that your choice was original haha xD

- - - 

Oh your explanation reminds me a little bit of Dragon Ball, where to a point the characters' base power isn't exactly as overpowered as one would think (although still pretty OP regardless) with hints that they might be spending Ki to wrap themselves and withstand attacks (goku Super Saiyan getting hurt by a random rock in the head during the Cell saga and getting pierced by a small laser gun during Golden Freeza's arc) , and the transformations multiplying their stats or changing to a higher quality energy. And Super Saiyan God Red form healing him up.

I'm gonna guess she starts up instinctively getting the defense as a life saving mechanism, but at some point she notices her increasingly getting used to scenarios like that over time is making it more effective, until one day a scenario overpasses the effect of the protection and hurts her, so she sets up to definitely learn how to control it during a training arc (otherwise I could see how somebody with a skill like that who knows it's always gonna pop up to save her, would just trust that that's how things work and get complacent). A training arc that would further serve to explain the mechanics of the magic system in the story with limitations and goals setup as a result in terms of what she needs to be able to do with that power.

The healing I can imagine it as effective as a good healing ointment (not a fantasy setting kind that closes your scratches in like 5 minutes, but a regular one that seeds up the and aids the healing process but not in a way that you'll witness onscreen). "La pomada de la avejita" xD
and then it'd gradually grow up but not too much because you need to keep the sense that your main character is not invisible.

^Just ideas I thought of xP 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sleepy said:

Don't read into it as if I had an ulterior motive, lurking in the darkness xD

^This comment here has confirmed there is an ulterior motive, lurking in the darkness.

1 hour ago, Sleepy said:

I thought the saying was "no waifu no laifu", and I think it's a bit more acceptable to go after the girl that's single even though she's got a lot of people after her, than the one that's already married and with a kid XD

83e1.png.fe05b3b0a62366227396e95c65f7dee9.png

But I've also heard your saying too xD. Also you're missing a great truth: I'm not only going after Pam, but I'm also concerned about Autumn's safety. I'd be a better father for her and won't endanger her life, like a certain dude does. I'm not surprised in finding out the attention pattern you mention: I have a better eye than most people 😄 .

2 hours ago, Sleepy said:

Oh your explanation reminds me a little bit of Dragon Ball, where to a point the characters' base power isn't exactly as overpowered as one would think (although still pretty OP regardless) with hints that they might be spending Ki to wrap themselves and withstand attacks (goku Super Saiyan getting hurt by a random rock in the head during the Cell saga and getting pierced by a small laser gun during Golden Freeza's arc) , and the transformations multiplying their stats or changing to a higher quality energy. And Super Saiyan God Red form healing him up.

I'm gonna guess she starts up instinctively getting the defense as a life saving mechanism, but at some point she notices her increasingly getting used to scenarios like that over time is making it more effective, until one day a scenario overpasses the effect of the protection and hurts her, so she sets up to definitely learn how to control it during a training arc (otherwise I could see how somebody with a skill like that who knows it's always gonna pop up to save her, would just trust that that's how things work and get complacent). A training arc that would further serve to explain the mechanics of the magic system in the story with limitations and goals setup as a result in terms of what she needs to be able to do with that power.

The healing I can imagine it as effective as a good healing ointment (not a fantasy setting kind that closes your scratches in like 5 minutes, but a regular one that seeds up the and aids the healing process but not in a way that you'll witness onscreen). "La pomada de la avejita" xD
and then it'd gradually grow up but not too much because you need to keep the sense that your main character is not invisible.

NUUUUHHH, please don't mention Dragon Ball, hahaha. If anything, I believe the stuff you bring up are one of those things that could be added to my ever-increasing list of "Things that don't make any sense in Dragon Ball" xD

You're giving the "defense system" a bit too much credit, she gets hurt more easily than you'd think. Actually, there's one battle early in the story where she literally get's OHKO'ed. But then again, it was probably because of that protection that she didn't die there. But yeah, your supposition is pretty accurate. At the start, she can only trains sparingly, and rather concentrates in amplifying the amount of magic power she has and her control over it, which in turn helps with the ability in discussion, but not as much as if she was training it consciously, which only happens later when she has a "sensei". Btw, now that I think about it, that event with Orenjiro happens some hours after the battle I mentioned before, so there you have those regenerative powers in action, pretty much like a slightly powered up pomada de la abejita. There's another character in the story named Fleurette which HAS regenerative powers, to the point she can grow limbs in a matter of seconds (she's a Vampire). We're talking about a whole different level of character. If you would make a ridiculous comparison of the three characters as Pokemon ('cause why not)? by the time they appear first, Liliamyr is a Lv 5 Ralts, Natsumi is a Lv 30 Ninjask, and Fleurette is a Lv 80 Crobat xD. Oh by the way, if you don't like me talking too much about my story in the drawing club, you can tell me, it's just I get excited and can't stop writing >_<''

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...