Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 586
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

[spoiler=Similar to my previous drawing]    

[spoiler=A little something after a while of busy-ness]    

I've been feeling not the best for the last few weeks in a number of ways thanks to the weather and such, but a couple days ago I finally started feeling better and got back into drawing stuff. Here's

Posted Images

On 9/13/2020 at 2:17 PM, Horu Ishayuki said:

This is actually very good and well thought out.

Great job, Ray.

I sincerely thank you. Words like this motivate me to keep drawing n.n

---

And talking about drawings, I just made a new one. I know that I'm leagues away from Sleepy, but I did my best. I also never, ever draw animals. I suppose I did when I was very little, but in general I have 0 practice, so I had a hard time drawing the legs. I tried to base myself on something I found on the web and said, screw it, this looks decent. xD. I need a lot of practice with animals, but this is a a start n.n

444409852_RayAngrySheep.thumb.jpg.8a501e2c617a9575dc5c3e6b5bbcbaa8.jpg

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Rayfield Lumina said:

I sincerely thank you. Words like this motivate me to keep drawing n.n

---

And talking about drawings, I just made a new one. I know that I'm leagues away from Sleepy, but I did my best. I also never, ever draw animals. I suppose I did when I was very little, but in general I have 0 practice, so I had a hard time drawing the legs. I tried to base myself on something I found on the web and said, screw it, this looks decent. xD. I need a lot of practice with animals, but this is a a start n.n

444409852_RayAngrySheep.thumb.jpg.8a501e2c617a9575dc5c3e6b5bbcbaa8.jpg

Good effort.

A few critiques to help out. Drawing animals is no different than drawing people. 

But a neat rule with sheep is more wool means less work. Your structure is actually good.

What I'm pointing out the forward bend on sheep's back legs is actually its ankle (many think it is the knee) and the backward bend of those same legs at the bottom of the body is actually the knee. Opposite applies to the front legs. I actually learned structure while being bored out of my mind watching my late grandpa's chickens peck the dirt. Odd way to learn anatomy but it kinda dawned on me that everything on earth has the same basic structure.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Horu Ishayuki said:

But a neat rule with sheep is more wool means less work. Your structure is actually good.

hahaha, hell yeah, puffy sheep strategy rules!

9 minutes ago, Horu Ishayuki said:

What I'm pointing out the forward bend on sheep's back legs is actually its ankle (many think it is the knee) and the backward bend of those same legs at the bottom of the body is actually the knee. Opposite applies to the front legs. I actually learned structure while being bored out of my mind watching my late grandpa's chickens peck the dirt. Odd way to learn anatomy but it kinda dawned on me that everything on earth has the same basic structure.

I take your word. It was a challenge. Here's one of the pics I analyzed while trying to reproduce:

614961.jpg?614

I noticed that when the quadruped is walking, they draw the front leg in a certain angle and draw the hind leg with approximately the opposite, due to the mechanics in which the animal moves. I still dunno, maybe I should've drawn the  front leg in the other side closer to the first >_<. It's still mysterious stuff xD

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Rayfield Lumina said:

hahaha, hell yeah!

I take your word. It was a challenge. Here's one of the pics I analyzed while trying to reproduce:

614961.jpg?614

I noticed that when the quadruped is walking, they draw the front leg in a certain angle and draw the hind leg with approximately the opposite, due to the mechanics in which the animal moves. I still dunno, maybe I should've drawn the  front leg in the other side closer to the first >_<. It's still mysterious stuff xD

I see your point on how they drew a walking quadruped. So your reproduction of what they drew is accurate. But their reproduction of how quadupeds walk is wrong.

Allow me to explain: they put the general structure of a bull/cow stepping forward but if a real quadruped animal tried to lift both limbs on either side to take a step, it would topple over (this applies to something as small as a house cat too). When drawing a walking quadruped, if you put the front left leg forward, you would also draw the rear right leg forward. 

But yeah, the fault goes to the instructor, not the person recreating the movement.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...

Okay, I finally finished a new drawing. Her name is Tamber, and she hails from a rather ignored or forgotten game called Children of Mana, which was released like 14 years ago xD. I remember, clear as day, how her original design stroke me in a rather particular way the first time I saw it. I loved it, and during those days I felt it was really amazing. I'm not saying nowadays I feel it's no good, but I have seen a lot more art and know it's pretty normal, but still good. I dunno, what I want to say is that back in those days I felt 0 confidence to draw a fan art of her despite wanting to do it very much. I still have so many things to learn, as I have tons of glaring faults and average quality, but I'm really happy to finally managed to make that fan art I so wanted, after all these years. I think it's thanks for the people in here who have supported my art and said it's good, even though I'm still leagues away from being a decent artist xD. The thing I regret in this drawing is that I should have made her face to the right, and for some reason I didn't correct that until it was too late. I had the intention of fixing that using an image editor, but in the end decided to leave the drawing as it is and learn from the mistake

 

spacer.png

 

 

 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/5/2020 at 7:42 PM, Horu Ishayuki said:

Looks pretty cool

Thank you

22 minutes ago, Rayfield Lumina said:

Okay, I finally finished a new drawing. Her name is Tamber, and she hails from a rather ignored or forgotten game called Children of Mana, which was released like 14 years ago xD. I remember, clear as day, how her original design stroke me in a rather particular way the first time I saw it. I loved it, and during those days I felt it was really amazing. I'm not saying nowadays I feel it's no good, but I have seen a lot more art and know it's pretty normal, but still good. I dunno, what I want to say is that back in those days I felt 0 confidence to draw a fan art of her despite wanting to do it very much. I still have so many things to learn, as I have tons of glaring faults and average quality, but I'm really happy to finally managed to make that fan art I so wanted, after all these years. I think it's thanks for the people in here who have supported my art and said it's good, even though I'm still leagues away from being a decent artist xD. The thing I regret in this drawing is that I should have made her face to the right, and for some reason I didn't correct that until it was too late. I had the intention of fixing that using an image editor, but in the end decided to leave the drawing as it is and learn from the mistake

 

spacer.png

 

 

 

Those are pretty eyes. And pretty colors while I'm at it. Though, with the green background, I thought it looked Christmas-themed.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, The Nyx Avatar said:

Those are pretty eyes. And pretty colors while I'm at it. Though, with the green background, I thought it looked Christmas-themed.

Thanks, Nyx! Well, sometimes I just give the image a background so it doesn't look as simple xD. I used green because this girl is closely related to nature and stuff. I can post a background-less version if you'd like.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...