Jump to content

Le Crayon Corner~


Sleepy
 Share

Recommended Posts

On 9/15/2021 at 9:51 PM, The Nyx Avatar said:

I have no objections.

And it'd give us something to do, since no one seemed to bite at my idea.

It's not like we didn't bite to your idea. Problem is the organization, we'll need to think this thoroughly. Let's be patient, we'll see what we can cook n.n

On 9/15/2021 at 8:09 PM, Sleepy said:

Hey everyone, I was checking my YouTube feed and bumped into this little experiment.
If you don't feel like watching the video in (it is long and I essentially skipped to the result in most of them to speed things up but did watch a couple that I do know of like Emirichu): Essentially, somebody draws a character and gives it to another person to look at. THEN that next person seals away that first image, unable to look at it again for the reminder of that turn, and they try to draw that character based purely on what they remember of it. Then the next person will do the same but basing themselves on the second drawing rather than the first. Then a 4th person does it based on the 3rd drawing and so on.

It is meant to be a sort of "broken telephone" experience where you expect stuff to change throughout the turns due to memory trouble and the changes wind up getting carried over to the next version. At the end we might end up with something pretty unrecognizable from what we started with xD

It's just an idea of a potential activity we could do, and it helps a lot that it doesn't particularly seem to care about anybody's skill level and doesn't have a winner or loser in this.... what do you people think about it?

I'm digging this, but how would we do it and where? I ask because yep, this is an art club, but perhaps this place is not too suited to hold a game?

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

That is true. I'd still like this place to keep being a sort of "base of operations". I know all the regulars have each other's presense via Discord groups and that's more efficient for communicating, but I know also that not everybody has or wants to have Discord and I would like to keep the activity present and visible here in case somebody that hasn't made up their mind to post gets hooked into any of our plans xD

I think the most appropriate place to have a contest of this kind would be the Showcase section. It might not be the best place to promote we are doing something but I don't think we can exactly dump it into card contests hehe xP

I also am not exactly sure how it was made. I guess you give somebody the work they are to base their piece on, and just trust they'll do their thing without constantly referencing the drawing (the fun part of this group activity is what we get wrong from memory after all, not what we copied correctly from the previous artist).

I guess to start the ball rolling, we have to decide on the first drawing that would get pitched hmmm....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/17/2021 at 10:32 PM, Sleepy said:

I guess to start the ball rolling, we have to decide on the first drawing that would get pitched hmmm....

Alrighty, you let us know which artwork you want to use first, and how much time we're supposed to be able to watch it n.n

~~~~~~~~~~

Contest Artwork Time

EfimeraBig.thumb.png.f15256e5c2e20d9aba66fcf39e927815.png

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Rayfield Lumina said:

Alrighty, you let us know which artwork you want to use first, and how much time we're supposed to be able to watch it n.n

~~~~~~~~~~

Contest Artwork Time

EfimeraBig.thumb.png.f15256e5c2e20d9aba66fcf39e927815.png

Ah, that's a cute image. Is it an OC of yours or a character from somehere?
In any case, I accept your suggestion. We can start rolling now xD

I think anybody can decide if they wanna just glance at it or try to burn it into their brain for 20 minutes and so on.... the only rule of thumb here is that once you set out to actually start drawing your piece, you can no longer look at the original source material. So no picking while working on it, but as much as one likes BEFORE drawing the recreation. 

Now we need confirmation from whoever wants to be next in line to try to redraw it...  if we don't confirm it here via a post, there's a chance multiple members try to do it at once, and that's not how this thing works.... if, say, Nyx said "I'll go next" and then presented his piece, the next one would have to draw basing on Nyx's version, and so on. Soooo yeah. 

If no volunteers pop up here, I'll confirm my turn as soon as I get the chance (but I'm not confirming it now because I'm still in a rather busy week until I believe Saturday's afternoon/evening at least). Sooo right now is a good chance for anybody else that might want in xD
 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/23/2021 at 9:35 PM, Rayfield Lumina said:

Alrighty, you let us know which artwork you want to use first, and how much time we're supposed to be able to watch it n.n

~~~~~~~~~~

Contest Artwork Time

EfimeraBig.thumb.png.f15256e5c2e20d9aba66fcf39e927815.png

She looks like she could be LIGHT Spellcaster Link monster Do you agree Ray? This art looks so good :) Good Job Ray i think you're  underestimating yourself I'm not a Good Drawer at all on Devices but when I draw on paper its decent.

Edited by Zefra Zamazenta
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/23/2021 at 9:00 PM, The Nyx Avatar said:

I like the cool colors you used here. The hues of blue and pink.

Ty Nyxo n.n I worried somebody would say, but that looks like My Little Pony hair or something xD

On 9/23/2021 at 11:43 PM, Sleepy said:

Ah, that's a cute image. Is it an OC of yours or a character from somehere?

It's an OC, prepared for @ITSUKOSOADO's contest. A Time Goddess, but chibi. If you think about it, it seems twintails is trending for Time goddesses 786414731036327987.png?v=1

On 9/23/2021 at 11:43 PM, Sleepy said:

In any case, I accept your suggestion. We can start rolling now xD

I think anybody can decide if they wanna just glance at it or try to burn it into their brain for 20 minutes and so on.... the only rule of thumb here is that once you set out to actually start drawing your piece, you can no longer look at the original source material. So no picking while working on it, but as much as one likes BEFORE drawing the recreation. 

Now we need confirmation from whoever wants to be next in line to try to redraw it...  if we don't confirm it here via a post, there's a chance multiple members try to do it at once, and that's not how this thing works.... if, say, Nyx said "I'll go next" and then presented his piece, the next one would have to draw basing on Nyx's version, and so on. Soooo yeah. 

If no volunteers pop up here, I'll confirm my turn as soon as I get the chance (but I'm not confirming it now because I'm still in a rather busy week until I believe Saturday's afternoon/evening at least). Sooo right now is a good chance for anybody else that might want in xD

I'll take the opportunity to pooooong @Dokutah Jolly and @Erika Mishima to ask them if they wanna give it a go to this game. 5 seems like a nice number of participants. IDK, Jolly Molly and Kana seem more like the digital art type but hopefully they join.

On 9/24/2021 at 6:31 PM, Zefra Zamazenta said:

She looks like she could be LIGHT Spellcaster Link monster Do you agree Ray? This art looks so good :) Good Job Ray i think you're  underestimating yourself I'm not a Good Drawer at all on Devices but when I draw on paper its decent.

Thank you very much Zama n.n. She's indeed a LIGHT Spellcaster, but I made her a Synchro right here https://www.cardmaker.net/forums/topic/408391-time-contest/?do=findComment&comment=7191966&_rid=737260

 

I still feel far from being a truly good artist, but I'm doing what I can. Actually, I'm interested in your drawings, since you say your works on paper are decent, I invite you to post something here, you'll receive positive critique only.

Give us a drawiiiiing 771825641607659623.gif?size=96

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Rayfield Lumina said:

Ty Nyxo n.n I worried somebody would say, but that looks like My Little Pony hair or something xD

It's an OC, prepared for @ITSUKOSOADO's contest. A Time Goddess, but chibi. If you think about it, it seems twintails is trending for Time goddesses 786414731036327987.png?v=1

I'll take the opportunity to pooooong @Dokutah Jolly and @Erika Mishima to ask them if they wanna give it a go to this game. 5 seems like a nice number of participants. IDK, Jolly Molly and Kana seem more like the digital art type but hopefully they join.

Thank you very much Zama n.n. She's indeed a LIGHT Spellcaster, but I made her a Synchro right here https://www.cardmaker.net/forums/topic/408391-time-contest/?do=findComment&comment=7191966&_rid=737260

 

I still feel far from being a truly good artist, but I'm doing what I can. Actually, I'm interested in your drawings, since you say your works on paper are decent, I invite you to post something here, you'll receive positive critique only.

Give us a drawiiiiing 771825641607659623.gif?size=96

Im really Sorry I cantput it on my Competure cause my Carmara is broken and i dont have a digtal photo screner and other things Im sill waiting for my Gramps to help me but your Drawings are Nice Ray

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...

Here's some work I made in foamy, requested by my mom n.n  I got away once with posting a foamy work here, so I hope there's no problem again, hehe, but more importantly, I wish I don't hurt anybody 's religious susceptibility,  this is just a cute depiction of Virgin Mary :) 

20211005_114253.thumb.jpg.4f437dc01de94ebf6560829828da13fe.jpg

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, Rayfield Lumina said:

Here's some work I made in foamy, requested by my mom n.n  I got away once with posting a foamy work here, so I hope there's no problem again, hehe, but more importantly, I wish I don't hurt anybody 's religious susceptibility,  this is just a cute depiction of Virgin Mary :) 

20211005_114253.thumb.jpg.4f437dc01de94ebf6560829828da13fe.jpg


You didn't "get away" in any sneaky way last time xD
It is allowed. I even once posted a clay sculpture I made. It is fiiiiiine, and if you are comfortable with the medium you can use it and post for it as often as you like n.n

The work is cute. Reminds me of an art style I've seen in some coloring books that I've never learned the origin of. xP
Is it Marie though? Not Guadalupe? 
 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Sleepy said:


You didn't "get away" in any sneaky way last time xD
It is allowed. I even once posted a clay sculpture I made. It is fiiiiiine, and if you are comfortable with the medium you can use it and post for it as often as you like n.n

The work is cute. Reminds me of an art style I've seen in some coloring books that I've never learned the origin of. xP
Is it Marie though? Not Guadalupe? 
 

Virgin Mary of Guadalupe, so yeah xD. About the artwork, it's based on that brand called Distroller <--- (brand name mispelled on purpose) that makes a lot of cute stuff for kids, though they also make roscas de reyes lol

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I've been drawing a bunch of things lately though there's one drawing in particular I'm waiting to finish before I drop the others... but since it's been a while since I've contributed to moving my club along in activity, have this drawing of Karina (my first human OC I made back in middle school xD )
I update her once in a while as an improvemente/change milestone of sorts.

81R3Er2.jpg

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Sleepy said:

I've been drawing a bunch of things lately though there's one drawing in particular I'm waiting to finish before I drop the others... but since it's been a while since I've contributed to moving my club along in activity, have this drawing of Karina (my first human OC I made back in middle school xD )
I update her once in a while as an improvemente/change milestone of sorts.

81R3Er2.jpg

OMG she's super cute, I really like her design n.n I request that you make her a Leader in your TCG and make an archetype of knitted monsters. If by chance you think: but her attire has nothing to do with the TCG, you can just give her some sort of Magical Girl-ish costume and we all will be happy. Mini skirt powaa. And talking about Magical Girls, here's my finished drawing of Cocoa.

 

171896103_CocoaDrawL(2).thumb.jpg.d121dca40f3b6ff245e703af1cebafa9.jpg

Made to celebrate, as it says in the image, the first anniversary of the server of my club

  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Rayfield Lumina said:

OMG she's super cute, I really like her design n.n I request that you make her a Leader in your TCG and make an archetype of knitted monsters. If by chance you think: but her attire has nothing to do with the TCG, you can just give her some sort of Magical Girl-ish costume and we all will be happy. Mini skirt powaa. And talking about Magical Girls, here's my finished drawing of Cocoa.

 

171896103_CocoaDrawL(2).thumb.jpg.d121dca40f3b6ff245e703af1cebafa9.jpg

Made to celebrate, as it says in the image, the first anniversary of the server of my club

I was expecting this drawing. Had not seen the finished version. It looks lovely, I think the blue background makes her stand out better than the pure white I saw last. 


I'll consider the suggestion on Karina xD but different projects lol

Edited by Sleepy
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Helloe, fellow artist, I finished another drawing. If you see this one, I'd like to hear your opinion on her. She's Maisy, the OC of a friend of mine, and when he showed me a work he commissioned, I immediately felt the need of making fanart of her. He's concerned about what people think about his OC, so let me know please n.n

1086105111_MaisybyRayfieldL.thumb.jpg.f863ae0eab569208b3f87a4b0bca7d09.jpg

Edited by Rayfield Lumina
  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Rayfield Lumina said:

Helloe, fellow artist, I finished another drawing. If you see this one, I'd like to hear your opinion on her. She's Maisy, the OC of a friend of mine, and when he showed me a work he commissioned, I immediately felt the need of making fanart of her. He's concerned about what people think about his OC, so let me know please n.n

1086105111_MaisybyRayfieldL.thumb.jpg.f863ae0eab569208b3f87a4b0bca7d09.jpg

Why Petty :O

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/15/2021 at 6:16 PM, The Nyx Avatar said:

Wings are pretty. And I like the fading to aquamarine on the sleeves. But the warm colors clash with the cool colors. Personally, I'd suggest an outfit in a cool color. 

ty for the feedback, I'll be sure to tell him

On 10/15/2021 at 6:46 PM, Zefra Zamazenta said:

Why Petty :O

You think she looks petty? O_O''' The character has a broken moral compass. More than petty, she's smug and a little dangerous, capable of doing things that aren't exactly acceptable in society. It's not that she's bad at heart... she simply had it very rough in her early days.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

A quick little something I made as thanks for all the Furret statuses since it is my favorite Pokemon.
(Yes that's a cartoon "me", my pokemon team drawing was one of my first times using markers for skin tones so I darkened it a bit more than I should've... this one could still go a tiny bit darker but it is closer to IRL than the other drawing xD )

@Rayfield Lumina
PD: I think the tag option is broken or maybe it just works different now....

numGJAu.jpg

Edited by Sleepy
  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, Sleepy said:

A quick little something I made as thanks for all the Furret statuses since it is my favorite Pokemon.
(Yes that's a cartoon "me", my pokemon team drawing was one of my first times using markers for skin tones so I darkened it a bit more than I should've... this one could still go a tiny bit darker but it is closer to IRL than the other drawing xD )

@Rayfield Lumina
PD: I think the tag option is broken or maybe it just works different now....

numGJAu.jpg

This is one of my favourite drawings made by you, it's too cute and wholesome, and it made me happy that my statuses inspired you to make this, it's a pleasure to make them n.n

P.D. I haven't tried making an @ since the Scyther status, lemme try. @Sleepy

Edited by Rayfield Lumina
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...