Need help finding card that has a similar effect to my custom card

RyuKaze78

Hello, I'm needing help finding a card or cards that have a similar effect as this: When a "(Specific Archetype)" monster other than a “(Specific Card)” is destroyed, Special Summon this card from you hand or your deck.

I can do the scripting myself, so don't worry about that. I've been looking for over thirty minutes in YGOPRO and haven't found a card that is close to this effect. I have no problem combining different cards' effects together to make one so give me a combination if you think it will work.

Thank you!

Theinen the Great Sphinx is close, but the scripting should be close enough for edits to be pretty easy.

http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Theinen_the_Great_Sphinx

Although this is the wrong place to post stuff like this

Actually this is an issue pertaining to YGOPro and he wants to code a card of this sort, so it can stay. (This is one of those times where it can either go here or in Q/A; and partly why this section exists, albeit being underused).

====

That being said, I'll assume that you did type in the text strings that have the condition and searched even anime cards (though I don't think there'd be a lot of them that would be Archetypal and have the same thing you want).

He wanted monsters, but other than that, should be fine. I'll assume that TC tried to search that particular string for MONSTERS and not necessarily "CARDS"; this should've been in his database assuming it's been updated recently.

All he really has to do is probably modify that line for whatever Archetype and add and c:IsType(TYPE_MONSTER) or something to limit it. 

He wanted monsters, but other than that, should be fine. I'll assume that TC tried to search that particular string for MONSTERS and not necessarily "CARDS"; this should've been in his database assuming it's been updated recently.

All he really has to do is probably modify that line for whatever Archetype and add and c:IsType(TYPE_MONSTER) or something to limit it. 

It also has to be able to be Special Summoned from the Deck.

The effect should also be able to activate even if the monster is destroyed not by battle or card effect.

These are both things Theinen the Great Sphinx does. That's why I said "together".

Archived