An Archetype that makes your opponent draw cards? What?! (Custom Archetype: Attriwitch)

xlArisenRoselx

This just sorta... happened. I was bored and couldn't think of anything to do, so I made these pretty gals. As the title says, these little girlys posess the power to make your opponent draw cards, allowing you to use great effects. So far I have all the monsters in the Archetype, a few Spells for them, and no Traps. So, without further ado, the Attriwitches!

[spoiler=Monsters]
a7AtN0v.jpg

When this card is Summoned, you gain 500 LP for each card in your opponent's hand. Once per turn, during either player's Battle Phase, if a Spellcaster-Type monster is destroyed, you can target the destroyed monster, Special Summon it. If you activate this effect, your opponent draws 1 card. When this card is destroyed, your opponent draws 1 card.

This card is pretty good. Gives you 500 LP for every one of those cards you added to their hand. You can easily revive your fallen witches, while giving the enemy a card. And finally you can give them another card when they finally destroy this one.

feGzBrc.jpg

This card can attack your opponent directly. This card gains 100 ATK for each card in your opponent's hand. When this card is destroyed, your opponent draws 1 card.

Direct attack clause is good. But it becomes even better when it gains more ATK for the cards you placed in your foe's hand. Once again we see the destroyed, opponent draws effect.

7s5QPob.jpg

Once per turn, during either player's Battle Phase, you can target all Spellcaster-Type monsters you control, those targets gain 200 ATK for each card in your opponent's hand. When this card is destroyed, your opponent draws 1 card.

Boost effect for each card in the opponent's hand. Destroyed, opponent will draw 1.

1r79p9v.jpg

Once per turn, during either player's turn, you can target 1 monster on the field that doesn't share an Attribute with this card, destroy it. When this effect is activated, your opponent draws 1 card.

Probably the most underwhelming of them all. Ironic since she is the DARK attribute. Anyway, she can destroy a monster that isn't the same as her, and when she does, your opponent draws 1.

4TUkizM.jpg

When this card is Summoned, target Spell/Trap cards your opponent controls up to the number of cards in your opponen't's hand, and activate the following effects:
* If the target is face-down, your opponent cannot activate the targeted card while this card is face-up on the field.
* If the target is face-up, the targets effects are negated while this card is on the field.

This is a Spell/Trap staller. She can help severely when protecting other witches, and is a tuner as well.

6I2m3IF.jpg

When this card is Summoned, destroy monsters on your opponent's side of the field equal to the number of cards in your opponent's hand. When this card attacks, your opponent draws 1 card. 

Ah yes. Another Summoned clause. I love those. A better version of Malevolent, she can destroy an army of monsters, as long as your other witches have pulled of their effects well. Also, when she attacks, your opponent will gain yet another card.

[spoiler=Extra Deck]

eKqnBQj.jpg

1 "Attriwitch" Tuner monster + 1 or more Non-Tuner monsters
This card's Attribute is also treated as FIRE, WATER, WIND, EARTH, and DARK. When this card is Synchro Summoned, send all cards your opponent controls with the same Attribute as this card to their owner's hand. Once per turn, during your Main Phase, you can Special Summon "Attriwitch" monsters from your Deck equal to the number of cards in your opponent's hand. Any battle damage your opponent takes the turn you use this effect is reduced to 0.

A monster with every Attribute except DIVINE. When you summon her, all your opponent's monsters that aren't DIVINE are returned to the owner's hand. It's a return effect that can become very useful. Then you can special summon other witches from your deck up to the amount of cards in the enemy's hand, but you can't deal any damage by battle that turn.

[spoiler=Spell/Trap cards]

cBO3olX.jpg

Target 1 monster you control, destroy it. Then target 1 monster in your Deck with the same Attribute as the destroyed monster, Special Summon it. If this card and the Special Summoned monster are in the GY, you can banish this card from your GY, Special Summon the destroyed monster to your side of the field.

Good support card for them. Can destroy any monster, to Special Summon one from the Deck with the same Attribute. Then, you can Special Summon the destroyed monster if this card and the original Special Summoned monster are in your GY. I would use this to get another witch to my field.

8iVpOhI.jpg

Activate this card by targeting 1 monster on the field. Add monsters to your hand with the same attribute as the targeted monster from your Deck up to the number of cards in your opponent's hand. Once per turn, when this card is in the GY, target 1 monster on the field. Special Summon monsters from your hand or GY with the same Attribute as the targeted monster up to the number of cards in your opponent's hand. You can only use 1 effect of "Attribute Gathering" per turn, once per turn.

This thing is OP. When I use it, I add witches with the same attribute to my hand. Then later, I can Special Summon ones with the same attribute from my hand or GY. Mass Summoning effects are awesome.

88IIc7B.jpg

Activate when your opponent draws a card. Draw cards until you have as many cards in your hand as your opponent has in his hand. Once per turn, if this card is in the GY, you can banish this card from your GY, add cards to your hand from your Deck equal to the amount of cards in your opponent's hand.

So, when I use a witches effect, i can draw more cards? Amazing! Then I can do it again after this card is in the GY? Really good! But seriously, this card could be really broken...

So anyway, there you have it! I hope someone will review these, and if someone really likes them, will upload them onto Duel Portal. I can't do that myself, but if you want to, you already have my permission.

EDIT: I am aware that the last card is a little broken on this thread. I do not know how to make it back into the spoiler. I have tried everything I know, and it doesn't work. Sorry for the inconvenience. But, If you just open the Spells/Traps spoiler, then the last spells picture will be matche up with the text under the spoiler, which is at least correct placement.

I fixed the spoiler thing; not sure what your issue was in the first place, but yeah. 

I'll make a note on Attribute Gathering; you really need to put some form of hard OPT on it, because most Decks in practice nowadays are usually mono-Attribute, so this results in a lot of searching. You noted it was broken, and that is not what you should be doing in Custom Cards. Granted, it does convince the opponent (to some extent) not to search like mad, but then again, card itself enables multiple spam. Early game, this is a major issue. 

*Bit confused on why multi-attribute card isn't referencing Doriado

Anyway there's a couple problems I'd like to address:

• Other than the Synchro, they aren't really an archetype. The cards can be teched in about every Deck out there, since Attribute is a way better version of Transmodify, and Chain Draw is broken AF if you go first, potentially drawing you up to 6 cards. 
  • The Spells are broken. ^^^^
  • You seem to focus on cards with the same Attribute, but wouldn't it be better for the archetype to fetch Archetype specific monsters with different Attributes? Rather than fetching essentially the same card as you destroyed, you get accessed to the ones you didn't already have while simultaneously making the cards more balanced.
  • If you're going to give your opponent cards, you better have a card to negate hand traps. It would also be beneficial to have more bounce effects, and some more extreme cases of your opponent drawing cards. Cup of Ace seems like a card you would use in a Deck like this, so I would look into that for power level references.
  • This is a mill Deck essentially but more like Hearthstone milling. Maybe you could have a Field Spell that negates your opponent's hand traps while you control an Attriwitch, and have it discard/banish cards from their hand at the end of your turn if they have more than the card limit, since otherwise, they would use all of the cards that they drew on their turn. This would make much more sense in the context that you're trying to mill your opponent, which could be accompanied by effects that benefit from your opponent's hand size.
  • I hate to say it, but Trickstars would probably exploit the hell out of this. Reincarnation could become ban worthy if you can get them to draw enough, and that 1 Trickstar that damages your opponent when they draw cards would get some use as techs in the Deck. I would consider that in future balancing.
  • The Synchro is broken (+4 will always be +4). In fact Tempest is also really powerful, but doesn't make the effects of the cards more consistent. I would focus more on your opponent drawing cards than effects that activate depending on the cards in your opponent's hand, since otherwise, the Deck won't be consistent enough to work in meta (as counterintuitive as having your opponent draw more cards sounds)

Overall, make the cards more archetype specific, focus more on consistent ways to make your opponent draw cards, add more bouncing effects, and add a Field Spell that makes them discard/banish the cards outside of their hand size limit on your turn so you can stop them from simply running you over with 10-20 cards.

I might make a field spell that only allows each player to have a maximum of 10 cards in their hand. I see what you mean by making them less generic, more archetypal, but I was purposefully making them a generic engine. I guess I could make them a tad bit more Archetypal, but I don't want to mess with the way they work. Like I had said earlier, I don't have any Traps yet, the traps would probably deal with the lack of bouncing effects, and would also give the opponent more cards in the process. I just don't have them finished yet. But thank you for the feedback!

Yeah, the Spells are insane and by being splashable in pretty much every mono-Attribute decks they can lead to crazy plays. Chain Draw is nasty because I could Set it and my entire hand before ending my turn, then during the opponent's Draw Phase activate it and refill my hand...

On the other hand, the monsters are underwhelming except for the WATER, WIND and the Synchro. Really, I wouldn't bother with the card-drawing effects of the witches and focus on stun or stunning whatever I can with the WATER and WIND one, then Summon the Synchro whenever possible to clear the opponent's monsters and swarm. One has to keep in mind that the opponent most likely will react by keeping his/her hand card count as low as possible to counter-play the archetype, though.

IMO you really need to rework them to go with the "benefit from the opponent drawing cards" concept. Eshai's suggestions are fine, but still, I would rather not give the opponent too much advantage or otherwise it will backfire badly with all the resources you give him/her.

It occurs to me be that they could give the opponent draws, but lock the drawn cards somehow so they become more or less dead cards that clog the opponent's hand and hand size limit.

Archived