AGM Archetype Design Contest #3! (Trap Phase)

Draconus297

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Alright reviews in. If anyone else ends up getting their cards in late I'll review them too, with of course a penalty for being late (probably 10 points).

[spoiler: Dova 86/100]

Literacy: 25/25

You did what you were supposed to do. Naisu.

Creativity: 21/25

The way you did Egyptian mythology to describe how they change from man to monster is cool. I did something similar once for Pharaonic Support, but it was just to explain the Gemini clause itself rather than have the type change included.

Set and Klepri have really cool effects. However, all of them have protection effects for some reason. I get Klepri’s effect, since his protection effect synergizes with his Contact Fusion from Deck effect (aka Special Summon 1 monster from Deck, Foolish Burial, and Fusion Summon whatever Dragon Fusion (this will be important later)), but the rest of them feel pointless, since it implies you’re going to try to keep them on the field when you have an Extra Deck for monster that could protect your Geminis.

As for why you didn’t get a 25/25, you didn’t really sell the reason why you were making these monster different Types, nor did you show me why they were Gemini monsters in the first place. Sure they were a part of the prompt, but what you add on to make it your own should enhance that concept of the archetype itself as if you added on to the prompt.

Balance: 15/20

So… the balance is all over the place. Horus and Sobek are severely underpowered. You’d probably run some of the Chemicritters in their place just because they have better consistency effects that are generic for all Gemini monsters. You’d have to make Spell/Traps that make them better either by Special Summoning them or giving more Normal Summons as a archetype in particular.

Khepri is amazing. It could potentially be a +5 if it has any Spell/Trap support whatsoever

1. Gemini Summon Khepri

2. Use Fusion Effect (send 2 from Deck to GY, including 1 Khepri)

3. Summon whatever Fusion

4. Use Khepri’s effect to Special Summon the 2nd Khepri that you sent to the GY.

Already amazing, but if you add ANY Spell/Trap support to the mix so you can NS Khepri, you can Summon another Fusion by using only materials from the Deck.

This is a problem because you need Spell/Trap support to make 2 of the cards you made worth it to use, but have a monster that makes it so if you give the archetype that amount of support the Deck becomes nuts. If this was Link Format it would probably be less extreme, but this is Arc V, where you can do whatever shenanigans you want with the Extra Deck.

I wouldn’t say this is necessarily broken, but either the Deck is meh or the Deck gets broken because of a single card, and either way, I wouldn’t call that “balanced.”

Interactivity: 18/20

Getting several of them out at the same time with their Gemini Effects sounds pretty fun. You could possibly give them a Continuous Trap that gives them all their effects during your opponent’s turn, along with some kind of revival effect in there. Either way, I could see this part going somewhere if you do something with the fact that they have a lot of Marauding Captain style protection effects.

OCG: 7/10

This card is always treated as a Normal Monster, unless Normal Summoned while face-up on the field → This card is treated as a Normal Monster.
// Redundant, since the regular text on Gemini Monsters explain that it becomes an Effect Monster, replacing the Normal Monster tag. As long as you don’t put “always” you do not have to add an exception.

“With these effects” (and then several bullet points) was a thing on Gemini monsters during series 9 wording, which is also the current wording. Skelesaurus (as pointed out as the reference) also includes “these” despite not having several bullet points, since it was prior to series 9 wording. Phoenix Gearfried did, however, have “this” despite having several effects in the same sentence, but not only was that a mistake by those errata’ing the effect but also corrected by the Chemicritters when they were released a month later and also were directly translated from OCG Japan released cards. [spoiler: Sources]http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Poly-Chemicritter_Dioxogre - http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Skelesaurus - http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Phoenix_Gearfried

Winged-beast-Typemonster → Winged-beast-Type monster

-0 (I’m not that mean. Just correct it.)

[spoiler: Sleepy 90/100]

Literacy: 22/25

They’re also supposed to be treated as the Effect Monster typings in the GY (Example: Terraformermaid should be treated as a Fish in the GY). Weird but getting a good score in Literacy is reliant on doing everything the prompt tells you to do.

(This part didn’t contribute to the grade) You also don’t mention Fusions in any of the card effects, which I feel would’ve been a great opportunity with all the strange effects you include. You could run Fusion Gate or Recycling Plant like you mentioned, but I feel a monster that made Fusion Summoning itself easier in its own weird way would’ve been cool somehow.

Creativity: 25/25

They’re all really out there in terms of creativity. Searching Traps with card text based on varied sets of typings? Gaining the effects of ANY Field Spells? Equipping Gemini monsters from GY to Special Summon later? A Level 12 that can potentially Special Summon ANY monster from your Deck with the hilarious side effect that you might be running Rank 1 Xyz Monsters? (kudos if you actually make 1 later) You went nuts with this I like it.

Balance: 18/20*

Your cards being balanced is incredibly reliant on the Spell/Traps you make for this archetype, and I haven’t seen those yet. I’m expecting at least 1 or 2 Field Spells and 1-2 Traps that care a lot about Typings. Either way, this can go either really well or really badly. All depends on how you balance your Spell/Traps, so we’ll burn that bridge when we get to it.

Interactivity?: 18/20

I really have no idea. While your effects are really cool, the fact that most of them are generic makes me squint at how they would fit together in a single Deck, especially when none of them actually support the archetype in name’s terms. Then I remember Chemicritters, which are somewhat similar considering they only support Gemini. Since these are Gemini monsters, as generics they’d be incredibly hard to just fit in a random Deck, but the fact you can is why I gave you such a high score in creativity.

This category similar to Balance really relies on your Spell/Traps, at least for how you made them. Would like to see how you tie this all together.

OCG: 7/10

“have it become a Beast-type Effect Monster with this effect.”

While not official card grammar, I think this is a great wording. Don’t believe there’s anything wrong with it, so I won’t mark it down.

It is always treated as a Normal Monster → This card is treated as a Normal Monster

(explained in Dova’s notes), but in your case in particular, that would mean that your monsters when Normal Summoned again would be treated as Normal and Effect Monsters simultaneously (since always), which isn’t mechanically what Gemini Monsters are.

“Until the next turn’s End Phase” → Until the end of the next turn

“Once per turn, if you control no cards Set this way (Quick Effect): You can target 1 Gemini Monster on the field; Set 1 Normal Trap Card from your Deck/Graveyard that lists the target's current Type in its text, and banish that Trap Card when it leaves the field.”

Once per turn (Quick Effect): You can target 1 Gemini Monster on the field; Set 1 Normal Trap from your Deck or GY that lists the target’s current type in its text, but banish it when it leaves the field. You cannot activate this effect if you control a card Set by this effect.

Field Spell Card → Field Spell (You even mention Field Spell on its own in Terraformermaid)

You can only activate this effect of this card’s name once per turn. → You can only use this effect of “” once per turn.

“Activate” clauses are only on Spell/Traps. “This card’s name” is only in Japan

All in all, I’m getting the feeling this Deck is going to have its own weird version of DNA Surgery, and that the Deck is trying to be able to make use of severatype-specificic support cards in Yugioh in an effort to make several strange concepts work in a Deck that could at least be played at locals. Seems like a cool idea. Would love to see it be able to win tournaments though if you could maybe make enough but not too much utility on the Spell/Traps.

[spoiler: Striker 77/100]

Literacy: 22/25

They’re also supposed to be treated as the Effect Monster typings in the GY (Example: Breeze should be a Winged-Beast in the Graveyard). Weird but getting a good score in Literacy is reliant on doing everything the prompt tells you to do.

Also you made them change your Attributes. You weren’t supposed to do that necessarily, but there wasn’t anything that said you couldn’t do that so I’m not marking you down for it.

Creativity: 15/20

Some of them have weird typings when they get the second Normal Summon, and they change Attributes, but other than that there really isn’t much going for the archetype. There’s battle position changing. Breeze is the really the only thing that could possibly be creative, but it has its own absurd problems (see Balance). In general it just feels uninspired. Where’s the playstyle? Where’s the reason to play this Deck?

Maybe you’re making absurd Spell/Traps, but as I’ll soon mention not even that might save you because of Breeze.

Balance: 12/20

They are all OVER balanced to the point none of them profit over the fact that requires either an extra turn to Normal Summon or a card from your hand that says you can Normal Summon again. Chemicritters have effects that at the very least go +1 on their own. Most if not all of your effects are 90% of the time a +0, or on some cards even a -1, where you have Enchantra shuffling a monster you control to the Deck to Special Summon 1 from hand, and Avalanche has you discarding a card to make it so a monster can’t be destroyed. You could maybe have Spell/Traps specifically for Parnimals that make them really easy to Summon, but that’s not even the end of the problems because you actually did make a really good one: Breeze

“return all cards to their respective owner’s hands.”

ALL Cards? ALL CARDS?

Now I’m getting the vibe that this should say field to hand (logical and probably still pretty broken) but fact that this card can draw your ENTIRE DECK with 1 card is BS, and makes the ENTIRE archetype useless, since you would only run this one. If you had cards that made the other Parnimals better at Normal Summoning, you break the game. If not, you still break the game, but this is the only card of any of the Parnimals that ever gets used.

The fact that this is probably a typo is the only thing saving this grade from being a single digit score.

I really like the idea of something that draws your entire Deck to your hand, but it better say something like “You must have 39 or more cards in your GY to activate this effect” or something so that it’s implied you don’t have many cards left in your Deck.

Interactivity: 15/20

So there’s absolutely no reason at the moment that they change types. None. None of them have effects that care about types. None have effects that could be improved because of the types of monster. Even moreso none of them care about the fact that they’re treated as Normal Monsters anywhere.

At best most of them have effects for when they’re destroyed, but Avalanche basically says that you actually don’t want them to be destroyed, which is as controversially designed as Neo Space in Neos Decks, which should’ve done something for you when they’re returned to the Deck for advantage rather than simply keeping them on the field.

OCG: 8/10

“This card is treated as a Normal Monster while in your hand, Deck, Graveyard, Banished Zone, or face-up on the field.” →

This card is treated as a Normal Monster. (If it’s everywhere, you don’t have to specify, similar to the old Harpie Lady cards that just said they were treated as Harpie Lady)

You can only use 1 effect of this card’s name per turn, and only once that turn → You can only use 1 “” effect per turn, and only once that turn.

, and if you do, this card cannot make an attack this turn. → This card cannot attack the turn you activate this effect.

My tip to you:

When thinking of making an archetype with set parameters, try to think why the archetype has those parameters in the first place. They’re Gemini monsters? Why? Maybe they have effects too powerful if they weren’t otherwise. They change Types? Why? Maybe because they have effects that depend on the different types of monsters on the field, or want to synergize with cards that support a type or type(s) in particular. Maybe there’s cards like that in the archetype. These were incredibly important questions and it doesn’t look like you answered them.

I believe you can start making them now, you just can't post them for a new grade for the current phase. Just don't change the original post that we graded. 

I wouldn't post all of your changes until the last phase where it shows the final product.

That's... actually a good point. Maybe I can get Draconus to change it but maybe not since I'm not in charge and the competition already began.

I would design your cards based on the merits of your edited versions anyway though, and maybe add a few design notes in what the changes of the monsters you've been making have to do with how the Spell/Traps were influenced. In the context of the rules now that should be fine.

Eshai, about using "...this card's name...", I'd like to point to the "Changes in a nutshell" spoiler in the OP: more specifically "To make for more of a catch-all term, try for "you can only activate this effect of this card's name once per turn", instead of referring directly to the card's name." I know I'm nitpicking here, but I thought I'd point that out.

Also, it seems I hadn't fully fleshed out the creativity in them changing their types the way they do. I thought the reasoning would have been obvious, but I guess not so I suppose I may have to spell it out eventually. Though strangely enough, this gives me an idea for my Fusions. Hmm...

For Breeze, yea that was a typo; however, your comments did make me think of the order of the effects, so there is that I suppose. For Avalanche, I supposed I tried too hard thinking of a creative effect that dealt with EARTH that I forgot about everything else I was doing. Once again, I make a silly mistake on something. Story of my life. Don't worry, I'll jump back to the drawing board on that one.

Is there anything else I need to say? I don't think so. Oh well, to the drawing board I go.

Okay, time for a clarifier. Is Phase 2 just Spells or Spells and Traps? Draconus' post starting Phase 2 implies just Spells, which is why I'm asking.

I was meaning to ask the same thing xD

along with the deadline for that phase.

I kind of think it's just Spells, because they said 4 weeks, which would mean 4 rounds. My guess is Week 1 = Main Deck Monsters. Week 2 = Spells. Week 3 = Traps. Week 4 = Extra Deck.

I don't think OCG should count towards the edit of card limit though. Something like that is objective, and for the end product might as well be edited.

Maybe just make it so OCG can't be re-graded for the final. Kinda loses its point if you can edit the cards anyway.

Striker

Literacy: 20/25. This is one of those prompts that requires you read carefully. They need to keep that designation in the Graveyard.

Creativity: 18/25. I know that Gemini with Type changes are a difficult gimmick to work with, and the Attribute changing/paired monsters thing is pretty neat. Still, I'm not seeing much of a defining thematic to the way the effects work or room for a centralized support lineup.

Balance: 18/20. This falls more on the "underwhelming" side, but given how easy it is to trigger destruction effects I feel obligated to give you a lot of room. None of these effects exactly feel like you'd go too far with them, but as easily accessed Level 4s (the AGM even has Flat Level 4 to work with) they do have a lot going for them.

Interactivity: 18/20. Outside of vague destruction themes, there isn't much of a consistent methodology to the archetype that takes advantage of their Types and Attributes changing . . . also, one member shielding the archetype from destruction negates the one point of synergy they had.

OCG: 4/10

"or while face-up on the field" -1

"this card cannot make an attack this turn" -1

"monsters from your Graveyard" -1

"1 monster you control" -1

"return all cards on the field to their respective owner's hands" (you didn't specify, and I don't think you meant to Fiber Jar) -1

"from your hand" -1

68/100 C (145/200 - C-)

Sleepy

Literacy: 20/25. Same problem Striker had.

Creativity: 25/25. All kinds of neat little extras, with effects that range from the unusual to the unique. Go you.

Balance: 15/20. You would have had full marks here, but the problem lies with Primordial Soup Eel. Its Level-lowering isn't a cost, and if you fetch another Gemini with it the cost can be next to nothing (hell, if you grab another copy of Eel, you can literally just R6 arguably for free- entirely for free with AGM cards like Golden Phoenix Dragon). Yeah. Everyone else is okay, though.

Interactivity: 17/20. There's a clear theming in the way you're using the gimmick, relying on Type interactions for interesting spam potential. This is increased greatly by the manner in which you actually make the Types run concurrent to Decks, although I am slightly disappointed that you didn't make it so that they also retained their original Type when they grew, to make the gimmick even stronger.

OCG: 6.5/10

●"This card is treated as a Normal monster" -1

●"name and effect" (you swapped them, I'll be lenient due to its rarity) -0.5

●"If this card is destroyed" -1

●"Deck or Graveyard" -1

83.5/100 - B (173.5/200 - B+)

Dova

Literacy: 25/25. The power of reading, Reading Rainbow!

Creativity: 16/25. I can definitely see the intent for unique mechanic usage, and it's true that this is the most practical application of Gemini we've seen (outside of other AGM-legal archetypes, but that's splitting hairs), but you're not exactly doing anything . . . fun. There's no life here, except for the sweet flavor notes coming from the Egyptian mythology-inspired naming scheme.

Balance: 10/20. Eshai summed it up better than I could. Just . . . what. I'm getting some Genex vibes here- one or two really freaking good members in with all the subpar.

Interactivity: 20/20. Everyone's best bros here. Even the members that aren't very good still mesh with everyone else.

OCG: 7.5/10

That's not how the Gemini clause works -1

"Graveyard" -1

"Winged Beast -0.5

78.5/100 - C+ (164.5/200 - B)

Yes, the cumulative scores will be in parentheses.

Sorry about the lateness.

Yea, Avalanche is one of my three that I'm definitely changing, though it may be a minor one (too early to tell I think). As for interactivity, I have an idea in mind to fix that with the other phases. However, only being able to change up to three cards hampers that some parts of that idea a bit. What to do, what to do. As for my OCG, I expected it to be rusty, so I'm not surprised.

[spoiler=Spells]Days of the Parnimal Heat
Continuous Spell

Once per turn, when you Summon a Gemini monster(s): They can become effect monsters, and gain their effects. If you control a “Parnimal” Fusion monster: You can send this card to the Graveyard, then target 1 card your opponent controls; destroy it.

Nights of the Parnimal Chill
Continuous Spell

Once per turn: You can send 1 “Parnimal” card from your hand to the Graveyard, and if you do, Special Summon 1 Gemini monster from your Deck. If you control a “Parnimal” Fusion monster: You can send this card to the Graveyard, then target 1 monster your opponent controls; return it to the hand.

Offerings to the Parnimals
Normal Spell

Tribute 1 monster in your hand; add 1 “Parnimal” card from your Deck to your hand, except “Offerings to the Parnimals”. You can only activate 1 card “Offerings to the Primals” per turn. If this card was not sent to the Graveyards this turn: You can banish this card and 1 other “Parnimal” card from your Graveyard; add 1 “Parnimal” card from your Graveyard to your hand.

Parnimal Surge
Quick-Play Spell

Target 1 face-up Gemini monster you control: Normal Summon it. If you control a Fusion Monster: You can banish this card from your Graveyard, then target 1 “Parnimal” monster in your Graveyard; Special Summon it. You can only use each effect of this card’s name once per turn.

Contacting it up. I have a plan.

Also really losing my initial spark, but I want to at least try and finish this.

Yea, an abundance of Quick-Play Spells here. Going for broke so soon I guess, but some of this insanity makes sense to me. XD Also, design notes FTW!

[spoiler=Spell Cards]

Call of the Parnimal

Quick-Play Spell

Gemini monsters you control become Effect monsters and gain their effects.

Merging of Parnimal Spirits

Quick-Play Spell

Special Summon 1 “Parnimal” Fusion Monster from your Extra Deck, by sending Fusion Materials listed on it from your hand and/or field to your Graveyard, ignoring its Summoning Conditions (This Special Summon is treated as a Fusion Summon), and if you do, “Parnimal” Normal monsters used as Fusion Materials can become Effect monsters and gain their effects. You can only activate 1 “Merging of the Parnimal Spirits” per turn.

Note: Essentially an emergency fusion, I suppose. The second effect of “Merging of Parnimal Spirits” is supposed to allow for flexibility in what Type the Parnimal monsters are as the Type helps determine what Fusion monster is Summoned. Also, I'm unsure that is the correct order at the end (i.e. whether it is Archetype then Designation or Designation then Archetype).

Parnimal Sacrifice

Quick-Play Spell

Destroy 1 “Parnimal” monster you control; add 1 “Parnimal” card from your Deck to your hand.

Note: The effect includes searching the Spells and Traps, primarily because of the presence of Trap Monsters in the Archetype as well as another method of searching “Parnimal Training Arena”.

Parnimal Training Arena

Field Spell

All Gemini monsters on the field and in every Graveyard become Effect monsters and gain their effects. Once per turn, during either player's turn: You can target 2 “Parnimal” monsters you control; equip the second target to the first target, and if you do, the first target gains the ATK and DEF of the second target. During the End Phase: Unequip the second target and Special Summon it, and if you do, it becomes an Effect monster and gains its effects.

Note: The “in every Graveyard” part comes straight from Zombie World”. Also, this should hopefully get around my mistake of not having the “Parnimal” monsters keep their effects in the Graveyard themselves. In addition, this card is a Field Spell primarily not to waste a slot in the Spell/Trap Zone and to gain support from “Terraforming”. The equip effect is very interesting, but I struggled with the wording a bit, obviously. The “during the End Phase” part is essentially the second part of the standard Union text.

Ok so here's my entry.

First, regardless of if they count for points or not, here's my revised monsters with both judges' corrections (or a compromise between both corrections where needed, like the GY vs Graveyard bit, or the OP's "Changes in a Nutshell").

I also missed 2 crucial lines of text among my entry that I thought I had included even as I revised them originally (where Sirloin is equipping from, and the Soup Eel's hard OPT clause).

That and all changes in red:

[spoiler=Corrections]

Parnimal Terraformermaid

WATER Level 1 [ Psychic / Gemini / Effect ] 100 / 2100

This card is treated as a Normal Monster. While this face-up card is a Normal Monster, you can Normal Summon it to have it instead become a Fish-Type Effect Monster with this effect. 
• Once per turn: You can target 1 Field Spell from the field or Graveyard; return it to the Deck, and if you do, until the end of the next turn, this card's effect and name become the target's.

Parnimal Seer Loi Knight
FIRE Level 3 [ Warrior / Gemini / Effect ] 1500 / 1000
This card is treated as a Normal Monster. While this face-up card is a Normal Monster, you can Normal Summon it to have it instead become a Beast-Type Effect Monster with this effect. 
• Once per turn: You can equip 1 monster with "Gemini" in its text from your Extra Deck to this card. This card gains half the ATK of monsters equipped this way. If this card is destroyed (by battle or effect) and sent to the Graveyard: You can Special Summon in Defense Position, 1 monster from your Graveyard that was equipped this way, ignoring its Summoning conditions.

Parnimal Rainbow Tail

WIND Level 4 [ Spellcaster / Gemini / Effect ] 1200/1300

This card is treated as a Normal Monster. While this face-up card is a Normal Monster, you can Normal Summon it to have it instead become a Winged Beast-Type Effect Monster with this effect. 
• Once per turn (Quick Effect): You can target 1 Gemini Monster on the field; Set 1 Normal Trap from your Deck or Graveyard that lists the target’s current type in its text, but banish it when it leaves the field. You cannot activate this effect if you control a card Set by this effect.

Parnimal Fairy Axolotl Princess 

EARTH Level 2 [ Fairy / Gemini / Effect ] 1300/0

This card is treated as a Normal Monster. While this face-up card is a Normal Monster, you can Normal Summon it to have it instead become a Reptile-Type Effect Monster with this effect. 
• Once per turn: You can send 1 Field Spell from your Deck to the Graveyard to target 1 card on the field and 1 Normal Monster in your Graveyard; destroy the first target, then Special Summon the second target. You can only activate this effect of this card's name once per turn.

Parnimal Primordial Soup Eel

DARK Level 12 [ Zombie / Gemini / Effect ] 2700/0

This card is treated as a Normal Monster. While this face-up card is a Normal Monster, you can Normal Summon it to have it instead become a Sea Serpent-Type Effect Monster with this effect. 
• You can choose a Type and Attribute on the field, and if you do, Special Summon 1 monster from your hand, Deck, or Graveyard, with that Type and Attribute. Then, subtract its total Level from Gemini Monsters you control. Monsters whose Level was reduced this way become unaffected by the Summoned monster's effect. You can only use this effect of this card's name once per turn.

Now on to my actual entry of this round:

[spoiler=Spells]

Parnimal Creation

[Field Spell]

If a Field Spell is activated while this card is in your Graveyard: You can target that card; activate this card on the other Field Spell Zone as the target, controlled by the opponent of the target. You can only activate this effect of this card's name once per turn. Once per turn: The turn player can target 1 Normal Monster in their Graveyard; Special Summon it. Then, immediately after this effect resolves, that player can Special Summon 1 monster with "Gemini" in its text from their Extra Deck, using monsters they control, including the target, as materials.

Notes: If you activate a Field Spell, you give this card to the opponent. If the opponent activates a Field Spell, you activate this card to your side. It also doesn't really care about the Field Spell Zone being already occupied, so it counters things like Necrovalley or Domain. It also becomes disruption if you activate Metaverse, risking giving the opponent the first use of this card so long as their deck can do it.

The "Gemini" in its text part means Black Brutdrago (Synchro Summon), Superalloy Beast Raptinus (Fusion Summon), Vola-Chemicritter Methydraco (Xyz), and the Fusion Monsters for the last round of this contest.

Parnimal Storm

[Field Spell]

If this card is in your Graveyard while there is only 1 Field Spell on the field: You can target that Field Spell; activate this card under the target's control, and change control of the target. If you do, this card gains the target's effect. The turn player can activate this effect: Send 1 Normal Monster from your hand or field to the Graveyard; draw 1 card. Then, you can send up to 1 Normal Trap Card and 1 Field Spell Card from your hand or field to your Graveyard, and draw 1 more card for each. A player can only activate each effect of this card's name once per turn. 

Notes: This one also auto-puts itself in the zones, although not as a trigger effect, and doesn't take out the original spell, it only changes control of it. It doesn't screw up the opponent as much though (which is the reason it gains the OG field's effect, as a drawback rather than a plus, but could be used as a plus). The effects can be used by the turn player so that these cards can be used by you while on the opponent's field zone. It mitigates random traps you don't wanna draw into, builds up the field spells in the grave, but needs a vanilla discard to be the first one so it is less generic than it sounds.

Parnimal Aura Burst

[Quick-Play Spell]

Target 1 "Parnimal" Normal Monster monster you control; send 1 "Parnimal" card from your Deck to the Graveyard, and if you do, Normal Summon the target and treat it as both its original Type and its current Type. (Quick Effect): You can banish this card from your Graveyard to target 1 Gemini Effect Monster you control; change it to face-down Defense Position.

Note: The card makes instant extra Summon and helps switch around the typings. It is also the first card that properly addresses "Parnimal" as an archetype rather than generic support.

Parnimal Fusion

[spell]

This card is treated as "Polymerization" while in your Graveyard. Fusion Summon 1 Fusion Monster from your Extra Deck, using Gemini monsters you control as materials. Effect Monsters used this way as materials are changed to face-down Defense Position instead of leaving the field. If this card is in your Graveyard: You can target 1 Field Spell you control; destroy it, and if you do, change 1 face-down "Parnimal" monster to face-up Attack or Defense Position, and then, add this card from your Graveyard to your hand. You can only activate each effect of this card's name once per turn.

It works with Fusion Recycling Plant so long as it is already out of your Deck. It undoes Gemini re-Summons as materials instead of the whole monster, and if used with Parnimals, it can recycle itself, but note how it can only pop Field Spells on your side.

Archived