Dova's Competitions #6: Return of the Rare Type/Attribute Combos! [FINISHED]

Dova

It's been nearly two years since my last instance of this contest, and I think there's been enough of a break in which cards have been made and a metagame has changed. Also, quite a change in the member base too! Besides, I think these requirements are less restrictive than my last one, even if I did like it.

[spoiler=Theme]This time, you need to design a card with a combination of a Type and Attribute which 5 or less cards in the TCG/OCG have at the time of this contest's posting. DIVINE, Divine-Beast and Creator God are not included. Cyberse will not be included due to its relative newness. Do NOT use a card made in the first iteration of this contest.

Other than that, go wild. List usable of type/Attribute combos is below.

EARTH: Fish, Sea Serpent, Winged Beast, 
FIRE: Fish, Sea Serpent, Aqua, Thunder, Insect, Wyrm, Rock
WATER: Zombie, Pyro, Rock, Insect, Thunder, Beast-Warrior, Psychic
WIND: Fish, Sea Serpent, Reptile, Dinosaur, Wyrm, Zombie, Pyro, Rock
LIGHT: Fish, Sea Serpent, Dinosaur
DARK: Fish, Sea Serpent, Aqua, Thunder, Pyro

Yeah, a lot of Fish and Sea Serpent. Guess it's just easiest to shove everything under WATER.
Have a question in regards to the them, or feel the bar should be widened? Feel free to ask below.

[spoiler=Rules]1. Standard YCM and Custom Cards rules apply in this section. Please remember to abide by/follow them in this contest.
2. Written Cards will be accepted, however if you opt to do this; DO NOT use a pictureless image. Just type it out in text format.
3. When posting a card with an image, make sure that you have its lore posted beneath, so it is easier for me to read your effect.
4. You are allowed to make edits to your card until the deadline, HOWEVER you should have already designed the card as a final product.
5. The usage of Fake Types/Sub-Types/Attributes, as well as DIVINE, Divine-Beast and Creator God is expressly forbidden. You are expected to design a card that adheres to the current standards set by Konami (usage of the existing legal 24 Types and 6 Attributes).

[spoiler=Deadline]No more entrants will be accepted past the 21st of December, 11PM GMT+0 Standard Time. 
Cards must be submitted by the 22nd of December, 11PM GMT+0 Standard Time.
Leeways can be provided for adequate reasons, before the final deadline.

[spoiler=Judging/Prizing]I would ideally like multiple judges, so that this contest can be as fairly judged as possible. If you intend to do so, PM me with your own rubric if you don't want to use mine.

Judges:

1. Dova

Rubric: (Total out of 50) (half marks can be given)

Usability/Balance: 30
This is how overpowered or underpowered your card is; whether it has any utility at all, or can end up being disastrously strong in the current meta.
Creativity/Flavour: 15
Relates to how much the effects work with each other (if more than 1), the name of the card, the various stats, archetype/series (if any) and so on. Not just providing a consistent theming, but an interesting one, and so will be subjective to an extent. An image can be helpful to determine an intended design, but no marks will be deducted for having a written card.
OCG/Card Grammar: 5
Small issues, such as an incorrect capitalization here, or a semicolon instead of a colon there, can be overlooked, but larger issues will not.

Prizing:

1st 2000 points + 4 reps
2nd 1000 points + 2 reps
3rd 500 points + 1 rep

Participants who share places will each receive the full amount of points and reps.

Hope that newcomers have a good time, and those from before still enjoy making a new card!

[spoiler=Participants]Bolded names have submitted their entry.

1. Batmed
2. Rade3
3. VCR_Cat
4. EndUser
5. Eshai
6. Kyumi Niusuki
7. Sleepy
8. Dtwist11
9. Striker
10. MalceMalice

No more entrants will be accepted past the 21st of November, 11PM GMT+0 Standard Time. 

Cards must be submitted by the 22nd of November, 11PM GMT+0 Standard Time.

Leeways can be provided for adequate reasons, before the final deadline.

Unless you are planning to make this contest span almost a year, I think you might need to look into the deadline. I take it you meant to say "December".

Unless you are planning to make this contest span almost a year, I think you might need to look into the deadline. I take it you meant to say "December".

alright listen up m9, if i want to make a contest that spans for nearly a year, that's my decision, so you better check yourself before you wreck yourself

but i didnt so thank you

You need to recheck your list of unused Type/Attribute combinations because Chemicritter Carbo Crab is FIRE/Aqua.

This time, you need to design a card with a combination of a Type and Attribute which less than 3 cards in the TCG/OCG have at the time of this contest's posting. DIVINE, Divine-Beast and Creator God are not included. Do NOT use a card made in the first iteration of this contest.

This happened last time, so I was sure to underline it in the OP :3

Then the thread needs a rename because it's not unused type attribute combos, it's rare type attribute combos

If it shall satisfy you, then so it shall be. The idea was mostly unused combos, but no matter. It's a small issue.

I honestly feel like you should expand the perimeters, because there are still a fair few other under-used type/attribute combos that are left out because of overly strict requirements, and what's left is really just a Fish/Sea-Serpent/Aqua fest. 

Fair enough.

You can now choose any Type/Attribute Combos with 5 or less cards in said combos! Cyberse has been removed as an option, due to it being a newer Type.

It's been nearly two years since my last instance of this contest, and I think there's been enough of a break in which cards have been made and a metagame has changed. Also, quite a change in the member base too! Besides, I think these requirements are less restrictive than my last one, even if I did like it.

[spoiler=Theme]This time, you need to design a card with a combination of a Type and Attribute which 5 or less cards in the TCG/OCG have at the time of this contest's posting. DIVINE, Divine-Beast and Creator God are not included. Cyberse will not be included due to its relative newness. Do NOT use a card made in the first iteration of this contest.

Other than that, go wild. List usable of type/Attribute combos is below.

EARTH: Fish, Sea Serpent, Winged Beast,

FIRE: Fish, Sea Serpent, Aqua, Thunder, Insect, Wyrm, Rock

WATER: Zombie, Pyro, Rock, Insect, Thunder, Beast-Warrior, Psychic

WIND: Fish, Sea Serpent, Reptile, Dinosaur, Wyrm, Zombie, Pyro, Rock

LIGHT: Fish, Sea Serpent, Dinosaur

DARK: Fish, Sea Serpent, Aqua, Thunder, Pyro

Yeah, a lot of Fish and Sea Serpent. Guess it's just easiest to shove everything under WATER.

Have a question in regards to the them, or feel the bar should be widened? Feel free to ask below.

[spoiler=Rules]1. Standard YCM and Custom Cards rules apply in this section. Please remember to abide by/follow them in this contest.

2. Written Cards will be accepted, however if you opt to do this; DO NOT use a pictureless image. Just type it out in text format.

3. When posting a card with an image, make sure that you have its lore posted beneath, so it is easier for me to read your effect.

4. You are allowed to make edits to your card until the deadline, HOWEVER you should have already designed the card as a final product.

5. The usage of Fake Types/Sub-Types/Attributes, as well as DIVINE, Divine-Beast and Creator God is expressly forbidden. You are expected to design a card that adheres to the current standards set by Konami (usage of the existing legal 24 Types and 6 Attributes).

[spoiler=Deadline]No more entrants will be accepted past the 21st of December, 11PM GMT+0 Standard Time.

Cards must be submitted by the 22nd of December, 11PM GMT+0 Standard Time.

Leeways can be provided for adequate reasons, before the final deadline.

[spoiler=Judging/Prizing]I would ideally like multiple judges, so that this contest can be as fairly judged as possible. If you intend to do so, PM me with your own rubric if you don't want to use mine.

Judges:

1. Dova

Rubric: (Total out of 50) (half marks can be given)

Usability/Balance: 30

This is how overpowered or underpowered your card is; whether it has any utility at all, or can end up being disastrously strong in the current meta.

Creativity/Flavour: 15

Relates to how much the effects work with each other (if more than 1), the name of the card, the various stats, archetype/series (if any) and so on. Not just providing a consistent theming, but an interesting one, and so will be subjective to an extent. An image can be helpful to determine an intended design, but no marks will be deducted for having a written card.

OCG/Card Grammar: 5

Small issues, such as an incorrect capitalization here, or a semicolon instead of a colon there, can be overlooked, but larger issues will not.

Prizing:

1st - 2000 points + 4 reps

2nd - 1000 points + 2 reps

3rd - 500 points + 1 rep

Participants who share places will each receive the full amount of points and reps.

Hope that newcomers have a good time, and those from before still enjoy making a new card!

[spoiler=Participants]Bolded names have submitted their entry.

how to enter competition?

I shall enter, too, along with my submition:

[spoiler=Entry]Cosmic Lightserpent
LIGHT / Sea Serpent / Level 5 / ATK 2000 / DEF 1300 / Effect

If this card is sent from the hand or your Deck to your GY: You can pay 1000 LP; Special Summon it, but banish it when it leaves the field. You can only use this effect of "Cosmic Lightserpent" once per turn. It can attack a monster(s) twice during each Battle Phase. Once per turn: You can banish 2 monsters with the same type or Attribute from your Graveyard, then target 1 card on the field; Destroy it.

[spoiler=Meaningless trivia]The original Lightserpent was the inspiration for my card. I do realize the design is very different, but it inherits an easy-to-Summon effect. Basically, you can think of it as the Lightserpent of today's standards.

Alpha Tyrrano

Light/Dinosaur

link-3

(dr,d,dl)

atk 1800

effect:This card gains 300 atk for each Dinosaur-type monster it points to. Once per turn, you can discard 1 card, special summon 1 Dinosaur-type monster from your GY to zone this card points to .

I like Dinosaur decks,but they don't have link monster.I found this idea in one old but gold card, its The Creator,but this is link version of it.

I wanna join

[spoiler=Also, here's the entry]
Willy-Willy, the Sonic Kiwi
EARTH Level 5 [ Winged Beast / Fusion / Effect ] 200/4000

3 monsters that are either EARTH, Winged Beast, or Level 5 monsters.

(Quick Effect): You can Fusion Summon this card by shuffling the above cards you control into the Deck. It gains these effects depending on the monsters used as materials.

• EARTH. All monsters your opponent controls must attack, if able, and they cannot target other monsters you control for attacks/effects.

• Winged Beast. Once per turn (Quick Effect): You can target 1 monster on the field; change its position.

• Level 5. Unaffected by your opponent's card effects, except during Main Phase 2.

Notes:

The materials have to be at least 1 of those traits, but it doesn't have to use all 3 of them (EARTH, Winged Beast, Level 5).

Instant Fusion works with it too, but at no effects gained.

It can be tailored towards different focuses (FLIP support, fancy battle protector/annoyance, etc). 

Meme play with Shield & Sword (even though that sort of use would be better with Ojamas or old Rocks.

Between other things xD

From what I found.

"Willy-Willy: A local whirling wind in Australia that raises small columns of dirt, or dust devils, from the ground."

So an Australian bird it is. One that can't fly and has no feathers so EARTH.

I'm in as well!

Backbiter Pyre

DARK

***** (5)

Pyro-Type

1000ATK

200DEF

You may Special Summon this card (From your hand) by banishing one DARK or FIRE Monster from your Graveyard. If Summoned this way, this card gains ATK equal to that Monster's original attack and cannot be targeted by card effects. Once per turn, you can banish one DARK or FIRE Monster from your Graveyard, this card gains 200ATK. When this card is destroyed and sent to the Graveyard, return one of your face-up banished cards to the Graveyard.

Little Bit of Trivia

Pyre represents its aggressive ability to return the force of a destroyed beater monster like "Number 95: Galaxy-Eyes Dark Matter Dragon", and  Backbiter represents the more subtle ways it can play with banishment and cards that may be triggered by it. They also rhyme, so there's that aspect to it.

Archived