Dova's Competitions #7: Harking back to Summoning days gone by! [FINISHED]

Dova

Time for another competition! I've been having a bit of trouble coming up with a theme to use that will be both interesting and not too restrictive, and I think I've come up with one.

[spoiler=Theme]This time, you need to design a Ritual, Fusion or Synchro monster that requires a specific non-Effect Monster in order to be Summoned OR an Xyz Monster that needs a specific non-Effect monster to gain ALL of its effects. Other materials (if any) can be anything (other named monsters and/or other requirements).

For clarification, a non-Effect monster is any monster without an effect, i.e. a Normal Monster, Normal Pendulum Monster or monster such as Gem-Knight Pearl.

And that's it. Hopefully I succeeded.

[spoiler=Rules (UPDATED)]

• Standard YCM and Custom Cards rules apply in this section. Please remember to abide by/follow them in this contest.
  • Written Cards will be accepted, however if you opt to do this; DO NOT use a pictureless image. Just type it out in text format.
  • When posting a card with an image, make sure that you have its lore posted beneath, so it is easier for me to read your effect.
  • You are allowed to make edits to your card until the deadline, HOWEVER you should have already designed the card as a final product.
  • No edits to your card are allowed after the deadline.
  • The usage of Fake Types/Sub-Types/Attributes, as well as DIVINE, Divine-Beast and Creator God is expressly forbidden. You are expected to design a card that adheres to the current standards set by Konami (usage of the existing legal 24 Types and 6 Attributes).
  • If a card provided is missing details/stats or is otherwise not a valid entry for the contest, and has been accepted by me regardless, points will not be deducted for said error.

[spoiler=Deadline]Cards must be submitted by the 26th of February 2nd of March, 11PM GMT+0 Standard Time.
Leeways can be provided for adequate reasons, before the final deadline.

[spoiler=Judging/Prizes]I would ideally like multiple judges, so that this contest can be as fairly judged as possible. If you intend to do so, PM me with your own rubric if you don't want to use mine.

Judges:

1. Dova

Rubric: (Total out of 50) (half marks can be given)

Usability/Balance: 30
This is how overpowered or underpowered your card is; whether it has any utility at all, or can end up being disastrously strong in the current meta.
Creativity/Flavour: 15
Relates to how much the effects work with each other (if more than 1), the name of the card, the various stats, archetype/series (if any) and so on. Not just providing a consistent theming, but an interesting one, and so will be subjective to an extent. An image can be helpful to determine an intended design, but no marks will be deducted for having a written card.
OCG/Card Grammar: 5
Small issues, such as an incorrect capitalization here, or a semicolon instead of a colon there, can be overlooked, but larger issues will not.

Prizing:

1st - 5000 points + 4 reps
2nd - 2500 points + 2 reps
3rd - 1250 points + 1 rep

Participants who share places will each receive the full amount of points and reps.

I hope to see you participating, and that you have a good time!

[spoiler=Participants]Bolded names have submitted their entry.

1. Kyumi Niusuki

2. Striker

3. VCR_Cat

4. DTwist11

5. Reptilious

6. Perry Ellis.

7. Aman Indra

Sign me up. Imma have my card up by tonight probably.

EDIT: I became a bit impatient/excited and made the card now, lol.

[spoiler=Entry]

Black Luster Soldier - Emissary of Chaos

DARK - Rank 8 - Warrior/Xyz/Effect - 3200/2700

2 Level 8 monsters

If this card uses "Black Luster Soldier" or "Black Luster Soldier - Super Soldier" as a Material for it's Xyz Summon, it gains the following effects:

Once per turn, you can target 1 "Beginning Knight" or "Evening Twilight Knight" in your hand, field or GY, attach it to this card as a Material.

If this card destroys an opponent's monster by battle, inflict damage to your opponent equal to that monster's original ATK.

Once per turn, you can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card, target up to 2 cards your opponent controls, banish them, and if you do, your opponent draws 1 card.

So, an Xyz monster for my favorite archetype? Why not? Anywho, I decided to make an Xyz because I thought it would make sense, and be a bit more of a challenge. I this k it turned out well. And I love the name!!

Sure, why not

[spoiler=Entry]

Dangerous Slot Machine Type-7

DARK - Rank 7

Machine / Xyz / Effect

2 Level 7 Machine monsters

If this card does not have "Slot Machine" attached as a material, it cannot activate its effects. Once per turn: You can activate 1 "7 Completed" from your Deck or GY and equip it to this card. Once per turn (Quick Effect): You can apply at least 1 of the appropriate effect(s), depending on the number of "7 Completed" cards equipped to this card when this effect resolves.

● 0: roll a six-sided Die 3 times, and if all 3 results are 1, destroy this card, or if all 3 results are 6, activate and equip 1 "7 Completed" from your Deck to this card, otherwise detach 1 material from this card.

● 1 or more: This card is unaffected by activated card effects the first number of times this turn equal to the number "7 Completed" cards equipped to this card.

● 2 or more: Destroy all monsters your opponent controls in the same column(s) as "7 Completed" card(s) equipped to this card.

● 3: Inflict 2100 damage to your opponent. This card cannot attack directly this turn.

ATK 2300 / DEF 2000

I'm in!

Sea Serpent General of the Deep

WATER / Fusion / Lvl 8 / Sea-Serpent

3400ATK / 1250DEF

Sea Serpent Warrior of Darkness + 1 or more Sea Serpent-Type Monsters

If this card was Summoned with 3 or more fusion materials, this card cannot be destroyed by card effects. This card cannot be destroyed by battle with a non-WATER Monster. If "Umi" is on the field, this card cannot be destroyed by battle. When this card is destroyed and sent to the Graveyard, you may Special Summon one "Sea Serpent Warrior of Darkness" from your deck or Graveyard.

ill join to entry and all

[spoiler= Entry]

Gagagigo The Strong

Synchro | WATER | Level 8 | Reptile | Effect

1 Tuner monster + 1 "Gagagigo"

This card is unaffected by monster's effects who have 1850 or more ATK. When this card declares an attack, your opponent cannot activate card effects until the end of the Damage Step.

2950/2800

[spoiler=Entry]

umIubZB.png

"Sea Monster of Theseus" + 1 or more non-Tuner monsters
Must first be Synchro Summoned. Once per turn, you can shuffle 1 card from your GY into the Deck: Destroy all other cards on the field with the same card type (Monster, Spell, Trap) as the returned card, also this card cannot attack this turn.

Archived