Worst Video Game You've Played

Face McShooty

We see alot of threads about "best movie/game/song/etc" but I wanna know... what's the WORST game you've ever played? Give reasons why you wouldn't recommend it to other gamers, whether it's gameplay videos, whatever. Here's mine

2464864-fastfuriousshowdown.jpg

Easily the worst game I've ever played, I'm a big fan of the Fast franchise and I had seen that there was a game on the series, I got it from Gamestop before reading reviews (2.5/10 from IGN and 22% from Metacritic btw), popped it in and instantly HATED it! The graphics sucked, even on PS3, the story was boring and the driving was boring...

I don't usually seek out bad games and have an idea of games before I get them, so probably my least liked that I remember was Hob. It's just a really boring walking simulator that has barely at combat, lame generic story if that, and just felt like a lengthy tourism simulator where you look at areas and pretend to fight stuff.

I didn't have many games as a kid (having a PS1 in the late 2000s, long story :P) but one game...Amazing Virtual Sea Monkeys.

Who came up with the idea? Who thought it was a good idea? And why didn't they even try?

Honestly? I...don't think there's a game I haven't enjoyed playing that I've played.

I'm trying to think of one but just coming up blank.

Maybe that one motion control sword game that came out super early in the Wii's life that was kinda boring/janky due to being old.

Something steel?

Probably the worst one I've ever played:

maxresdefault.jpg

Couldn't complete one stage/level. Each has two parts. I've only completed one part at best.

"But Nyx, that doesn't count. You don't own a physical copy of that game. You used an emulator".

Well, if I am only taking physical copies into account...

spyhunternowheretorun_xboxbox.jpg

Well, on its own, it isn't exactly bad. Dry third-person shooter. However, based on what the previous Spy Hunter games were, this is the worst installment, as it only has a few driving sections. And you spend a lot of the time on foot. Even on the first stage. So as a stand-alone game, it's meh. But as a Spy Hunter installment, it is the least faithful.

• 2 months later...

Honestly? I...don't think there's a game I haven't enjoyed playing that I've played.

I'm trying to think of one but just coming up blank.

Maybe that one motion control sword game that came out super early in the Wii's life that was kinda boring/janky due to being old.

Something steel?

Red Steel

I usually don't go out of my way to play bad games or play a game that's bad without knowing, but I did play Superman 64 once on purpose just to see what the hubbub was about, so probably that.

I played that game at a friend's house as a kid and it was almost unplayable.

I'm sure I've talked about this before, but EA made three RPGs off the Harry Potter series for the GBC and GBA. Then after making GoF a topdown port, they tried their hands again at some kind of RPG with Order of the Phoenix. The results was dismal. The graphics looked ugly, because they basically ripped the console version, while putting the perspective as a fixed 3D.

The worst crime, however, was what passed as gameplay. Practically anything that wasn't just trying to figure out where to go involved timed button presses. Lots of random mini-games involving this made progress very tedious. Combat was only at fixed points with fixed difficulty, making you feel like you had no real agency in how the game played out.

If not the worst then at least the least amount of fun I've had playing a video game.

I've played some bad games but i can't pick one out of the bunch. I can list by consoles i've played.

NES: Zelda 2 tho i still don't hate it. Haven't played many NES games.

SNES: Link to the past. Sorry but this game makes me Po'ed.

OoT,MM,TP is way better.

N64: WWF Warzone (controls are abyssmal and overall the game sucks.)

GEN: the latter 40 games on the 80 game genesis collection.

GG: Tails's Sky Patrol

GB/GBC: Mortal Kombat.

GBA: Beyblade V-force (this one is a disgrace to Beyblade.)

GCN:None

Wii: Wreck it Ralph. (Too short and too simple.)

There's a few I hated.

5FouIdX.jpg

z9asURh.jpg

It's hard to choose between these tbh

The cover art of that Fossil Fighters looks fantastic, just throwing that out there... also, I have one to add... now I know you can change the controls and it shouldn’t have an effect on gameplay... but I bought Twisted Metal Black yesterday (was $1.49 with the sale they have going on on PSN) and the default controls made me so mad I removed the game instantly... why have the right analog stick be the gas and brake/reverse? I guess NFS Payback, GTA V, Watch Dogs 1/2, Just Cause 3 and Mafia 3 spoiled me as far as driving controls... and I’m a fan of Twisted Metal too... so not only did it make me mad, but I’m disappointed too...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Heroes of Might and Magic, though I don't remember which version.  We were at a used videogame store and our Mom said she'd get us a game if ALL of us could agree on it, and since none of us was having any luck convincing the others to get what we really wanted we settled for this as at least it looked okay.  It was not ok; the case didn't mention anything about having a time limit to beat the game, so when we booted it up and saw that we were all like, "Wait, WHAT?"  As this was before any of us knew walkthroughs to be a thing we all obviously failed due to the time limit running out, even when we changed to the game's easiest setting.  My sister and I quit after failing on easy mode; my brother gave it a few more tries but ending up quitting without ever beating it as well since he couldn't figure out what exactly he was supposed to do to advance any further.  Needless to say it was a big disappointment for all of us, and has cultivated a hatred for any timed games since. 

Archived