[Leaderboard] Dova vs. HalloReborn : What does Pot of Greed do? (Cards are up!)

Dova

Rules:

• All Leaderboard rules apply.
  • First to 3 votes or most votes by deadline wins.
  • All voters must elaborate on their votes or else the vote will be rejected.
  • Both contestants have the right to refuse votes, but must explain why they don't accept it.
  • Cards must be PM'd to me.
  • Both participants must approve both cards via notes, to help prevent functional and grammatical errors .
  • I will remake both cards to follow the same template to ensure anonymity.
  • In case a downtime or an emergency happens, the deadlines may be extended.

Deadlines:

• The deadline for cards is 2 days after challenge has been accepted.
  • The deadline for votes is 3 days after cards have been posted.
  • In case of a challenger failing to meet the above deadline without explanation, the challenger slot will open up again, at which point it becomes first-come-first-serve between the previous challenger's and new submissions.

Rewards:

• The winner gets a rep from the loser.
  • All voters get a rep for voting.

Requirements:

Create a card that can make a player draw 2 or more cards at once!

Card A:

Pot of Envy

Normal Spell

If you control no monsters, and your opponent has 2 or less more cards in their hand than you do: shuffle your GY into your Deck, also draw cards equal to the difference. You cannot add other cards from your Deck to your hand during the turn you activate this card.

Card B:

Senet Draw

Normal Spell
If you have no other cards in the same column as this card: Draw cards equal to the number of cards your opponent controls in the same column as this card. You cannot Summon/Set cards in the same column the turn you activate this effect. You can only activate 1 "Senet Draw"per turn.

What 2 values are compared for card A's "difference". I assume its supposed to be the difference in hand sizesbut as its its somewhat unclear. What if it was the difference in your opponent's hand size and your GY size

Sadly, edits cannot be made to the card, and design decisions cannot be explained. You have to make an assumption in this case.

Whoever made card A probably should've double checked before submission, as the ambiguity of that wording may help/hinder them depending on interpretation.

Anyway....

Card A

I'm going to try analyzing this from the possible cases:

• Hand deficit: Assuming that I read it correctly (because of the grammatical thing), if your opponent has 1-2 cards more in their hand; you can draw that many cards. If you don't have a hand at the moment and opponent has SOME cards, then yeah, it'll work. Otherwise, you're technically minusing in most cases. 
  • Field deficit: Uh, I'll just combine this and the GY one, since either of them can yield massive draws if one of you has a larger field advantage (or can dump several cards at once into the GY faster). The latter case will end up busted and former, depends on backrow setup (however relevant that is for certain Decks nowadays).

Hopefully the intent was from the HAND, but...otherwise, you cannot have a monster out (so...play this turn 1 and hope you can rely on not searching or other things that turn).

Card B

At most, you get to draw 3 cards (if you activate this in zones 2 or 4 with the EMZ filled up and your opponent has stuff in those columns), but chances of it happening are kinda rare. At most, maybe 1-2 cards, which isn't too bad at all. Then again, stuff like Mekk-Knights can move themselves so you technically don't have stuff of your own in that column for draw power. Granted, you won't be able to use that column for the turn, but it's a minor setback (and if you did target an EMZ that the opponent is using, losing access to it doesn't hurt you much, assuming the other one is available [which probably is the case]).

=====

Voting B because the restrictions aren't as bad (loss of using that column for the turn isn't too bad for Decks that can move stuff elsewhere and you can still have a monster out) and to be pretty fair, it isn't asking for interpretation on what it does; unlike card A.  

In this case, I did say that the vagueness of A would help/hurt its creator depending on how it is seen. If it's from the hand, you are probably minusing a bit (even if you do have a chance to get rid of some brick hands) or it ends up being busted depending on field/GY setup.

Archived