YU-GI-OH Duel Links Discussion Page!

On 5/2/2020 at 8:53 PM, The Nyx Avatar said:

Well, it looks like my second guess was correct. Too bad there's not a whole lot I care for in this set. There's mainly Malefic and D/D. While Malefics may be fun, I don't think they're worth the gems. And I don't care for D/D.

Nyx

I want to send you a friend request.

What profile do you have?.

Also, like card Flipper campaigns? I do.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just hit KC Max with Koaki Meiru. Honestly couldn't believe it. This meta is wide open.

Well, if you guys want to add me:   024-560-063   Nyx   KC Cup: I'm usually only in this for the prizes. In Ranked, I'm fine with sitting at Silver or Gold. Lets me try out some other stuff for shits

Only KC rank 16. I'm casual so no Blue Eyes, Heroes, or that ridiculous Vampire deck. Just Koaki Meiru until I get more copies of UA Midfielder.

On 5/2/2020 at 3:53 PM, The Nyx Avatar said:

There's mainly Malefic and D/D. While Malefics may be fun, I don't think they're worth the gems. And I don't care for D/D.

That's funny.  I don't really care for Malefics, but I think D/D could be very interesting.  I'm thinking of trying a restart so I can fiddle around with the latter.

On 5/4/2020 at 1:41 PM, Yami Kiniko said:

I want to send you a friend request.

What profile do you have?.

Also, like card Flipper campaigns? I do.

Why though?

We haven't really done anything on Duel Links.

On 5/4/2020 at 4:48 PM, Redro said:

That's funny.  I don't really care for Malefics, but I think D/D could be very interesting.  I'm thinking of trying a restart so I can fiddle around with the latter.

What's funny?

• 5 months later...

Looks like Zexal's getting its first mini box and I'm... somewhat unimpressed, tbh.

I just don't feel like any of the archetypes featured in here are all that viable in the context of Duel Links.  A few of the generic Xyzs (Zenmaines, Levair, Diamond Dire Wolf, and Zenmaioh) are pretty solid though.

Can't really decide if the Xyzs are enough of an incentive for me to pull.  I'd really like Dire Wolf, but it's just so bad in matchups nowadays...

3 hours ago, Mr Melon said:

Looks like Zexal's getting its first mini box and I'm... somewhat unimpressed, tbh.

I just don't feel like any of the archetypes featured in here are all that viable in the context of Duel Links.  A few of the generic Xyzs (Zenmaines, Levair, Diamond Dire Wolf, and Zenmaioh) are pretty solid though.

Can't really decide if the Xyzs are enough of an incentive for me to pull.  I'd really like Dire Wolf, but it's just so bad in matchups nowadays...

Well, you’re not wrong. But remember, the ZEXAL Duel World has just been released recently, so think they’re gonna add more better cards at a later date. Also if they were to add a ARC-V Duel World, it would be really big!

2 hours ago, Gradget Gaming091 said:

Well, you’re not wrong. But remember, the ZEXAL Duel World has just been released recently, so think they’re gonna add more better cards at a later date. Also if they were to add a ARC-V Duel World, it would be really big!

I'm aware.  The issue is that Geargia and Heraldic Beasts are have pretty much their entire archetypes in the box, so they won't get much better without actual new support cards in the real card game.

As for Wind-Ups... their best cards will likely never come to the game because of how they work.

...which basically means that the only good things to aim for are the Xyzs which just cannot compete against the types of decks/strategies running around right now.  Better Xyzs won't actually change things unless they jump to the really powerful ones or they weaken everything else with a banlist.

tl;dr: Cool box, but ultimately a dead end.

6 hours ago, Mr Melon said:

Yeah. I think I'm gonna give this set a pass. I'm gonna wait until there's a more compelling Xyz Summoning archetype (well, for me that is), like Madolche. I'm just gonna stockpile my Gems or spend them on an older set.

• 1 month later...

So, with that banlist shaking up all the tiers, I think I might have a chance to go for KOG.  Going off reddit reactions, people are thinking Blackwings are gonna be the top deck, which is pretty good for me (Yosenjus).  I'll just trade in some of my battle-heavy traps for an additional hand-traps/chainable traps.

The awful Dark Magician matchup will probably be gone as well as Invoked Cocytus.  Not much actually remains super threatening.

New box revealed: Rage of Volcano

The general consensus on the subreddit is that it sucks.  And it looks like it does.  It kinda hurts because I love Hazys and I like Fire King, so I might dig regardless.

Gotta love how the burn damage halving even applies to the pure burn spells in this box.  Hinotama deals better burn damage than Final Flame and Ookazi.

17 hours ago, Mr Melon said:

New box revealed: Rage of Volcano

The general consensus on the subreddit is that it sucks.  And it looks like it does.  It kinda hurts because I love Hazys and I like Fire King, so I might dig regardless.

Gotta love how the burn damage halving even applies to the pure burn spells in this box.  Hinotama deals better burn damage than Final Flame and Ookazi.

Aside from the Battlin' Boxer monsters, the only FIRE monster I like from this set is Volcasaurus. I think I'm just gonna dig into an older set.

Really, the only card I'd really want from that set is Vylon Dissigma.

Yeah. At that point, they shouldn't have even released those burn cards in this set. At least Axel had a few Volcanics in an older set that weren't butchered.