Sign in to follow this  
Ryusei the Morning Star

Scientists Briefly Reactivated the Cells of a 28,000-Year-Old Woolly Mammoth

ik im a little late since the last post was made several months ago and sorry if this counts as "necro posting" but I have to say that's pretty neat, I do hope that they do find a way to bring back extinct animals. not saying i'd like to see dinosaurs roaming around, but it'd be neat to see like dodo birds, mammoths, etc. come back and see how they'd react to a different environment than what they grew up in originally, at the same time though I hope its not something that they come back only to immediately go back to being extinct because its too much of a drastic change from their old ecosystems. guess we'll just see next time they make a big discovery, whenever that'll be

On 11/7/2019 at 3:37 PM, Bsha said:

ik im a little late since the last post was made several months ago and sorry if this counts as "necro posting" but I have to say that's pretty neat, I do hope that they do find a way to bring back extinct animals. not saying i'd like to see dinosaurs roaming around, but it'd be neat to see like dodo birds, mammoths, etc. come back and see how they'd react to a different environment than what they grew up in originally, at the same time though I hope its not something that they come back only to immediately go back to being extinct because its too much of a drastic change from their old ecosystems. guess we'll just see next time they make a big discovery, whenever that'll be

Yeah for sure. We honestly can't bring back the dinos given the half life of DNA, however with things ~50K years we have a chance

At the very least we should be able to de-extinct animals we're wiped out outselves

yeah, then again some species went extinct for a reason and though its mean to say, i wonder if some arent worth bringing back