Jump to content
darkwolf709

What if there was a new way of summoning???

New way of summoning  

4 members have voted

  1. 1. Should there be a new way of summoning?

    • Yes, this way of summoning has a good advantage
      0
    • No, this has a disadvantage
    • No, infinity summoning is way to OP
    • Yes, this is an interesting way of summoning


Recommended Posts

So there is pendulum summoning, XYZ summoning, Synchro summoning, link summoning, and Fusion summoning, But what if there was Infinity summoning? Its similar to pendulum summoning. But instead of only spell and monster effects there is Trap, Spell and monster effects. Also instead of Scales there is trap and spell power.and instead of setting the pendulum scale you active the Infinity storm. But to infinity summon you first have to pendulum summon. but when you Infinity summon you can either Infinity set or Infinity summon(there is only one way to do them both: by activating the trap "Infinity double up") but when you infinity set you have to have trap/spell power that is in between the spell/trap power of the two monsters that created the Infinity storm. when you infinity summon they go right next to your pendulum cards in the pendulum zones. Also when an infinity summoned card destroys a monster in battle the card that was destroyed is automatically banished instead of actually being destroyed. This way of summoning also has a disadvantage: the spell card soul absorption.( It's effect reads "If a card(s) is banished: Gain 500 LP for each") 

How to work infinity summoning:

                                 So first you would have to set the pendulum scale before you start to infinity summon. as you know set the set the pendulum scale and all that stuff. Next (to infinity summon) you would place your two monster next to you card you used to pendulum summon activating the infinity storm. when the infinity storm is happening  you can either infinity set or infinity summon and like i said back up ^ there (big paragraph) you can only do one unless you activate the spell infinity double up. infinity setting is activating a spell or trap card with it spell/trap power inbetween the spell and trap power of the monsters you used to infinity summon also when you infinity set if all the trap/spell zones are occupied then you can literally place you card(s) on top of the spell/trap you want to placing it but if you infinity set this way you have to activate the trap/spell. Infinity summoning is special summoning cards that have "infinity" in its name to your monster field also you can activate the trap effect of the monster.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

its actually a bit confusing but from what i get is basically a variant of pendulum summoning in which the scale can be use as trap and can grant the summoned monster a "ability" of DMOC?

i need more in depth explanation but as per now is the DMOC ability is a bit too much

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/4/2019 at 10:35 AM, Dr. Jolly Glot the III said:

its actually a bit confusing but from what i get is basically a variant of pendulum summoning in which the scale can be use as trap and can grant the summoned monster a "ability" of DMOC?

i need more in depth explanation but as per now is the DMOC ability is a bit too much

 instead of  a "scale" there is trap and spell power. and pendulum summoning is already invented and im not trying to change it in and way at all, im just simply trying to create  a new way of summoning. also (this is probably obvious but...) what does DMOC mean? now that im reading what you say and i kind of get what your saying but i still think infinity summoning doesn't meet all the requirements of pendulum summoning. and also can you describe what you mean by "more depth explanation"?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, darkwolf709 said:

 what does DMOC mean? 

Dark Magician of Chaos.

It's really difficult to understand the concept, especially since the post is just one giant paragraph. Maybe break it up into steps to explain how it works and maybe provide some kind of example card (if possible) to help explain it?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, darkwolf709 said:

 Your Reply

as Tinkerer said. new mechanic especially the ones that quite complex as this is required to be explained at minimum with  step-by-step from the summon preparation till the monster is summoned even if it has similarity with summon mechanic that already exist.  following that also more detail about how that card structured (it its like pendulum but the pendulum spell portion is separated in half with Trap as he other half? making it 3 colored card? this is why we need and happy to hear more detail)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Tinkerer said:

Dark Magician of Chaos.

It's really difficult to understand the concept, especially since the post is just one giant paragraph. Maybe break it up into steps to explain how it works and maybe provide some kind of example card (if possible) to help explain it?

 

Thanks(x2 ;-;) ill try to do that

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/3/2019 at 5:00 AM, darkwolf709 said:

How to work infinity summoning:

1) So first you would have to set the pendulum scale likw normal pendulum summon setup

2) place your two monster next to you card you used to pendulum summon activating the "infinity storm"

3)when the infinity storm is happening  you can either infinity set or infinity summon. you can only do this once  

infinity setting is activating a spell or trap card with it spell/trap power inbetween the spell and trap power of the monsters you used to infinity summon also when you infinity set if all the trap/spell zones are occupied then you can literally place you card(s) on top of the spell/trap you want to placing it but if you infinity set this way you have to activate the trap/spell.

 

Infinity summoning is special summoning cards that have "infinity" in its name to your monster field also you can activate the trap effect of the monster.

 

^This is rough step-by-step you need to follow, please structure it like that if you got the time

That being said. Its even more confusing to be honest

At first, since its a variant of pendulum summon (require pendulum and follow the early steps of pendulum) i can still follow the logic. But then i get to the part beyond step 3 in which very very vague to be honest. I almost though "Infinity Set" pendulum summon spell/trap inbetween the pendulum as traitless monster like what Magical Hats does. But now, not so sure 

I get rid double tap thingy for now at least just because the basic idea still haven't polished enough, we do need mechanic upgrade until that

Careful here. Unless you make it into its own monster typing, making the monster that interact with infinity summon simply because it has name Infinity pose 2 problem:

- name only exclusive making it more like archetype rather than summon mechanic. Failing the concept altogether 

- there also problem with the name as generic as it is. It can suddenly interact with non-infinity summin thingy card that existing and happen to have "infinity" in its name 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Dr. Jolly Glot the III said:

^This is rough step-by-step you need to follow, please structure it like that if you got the time

That being said. Its even more confusing to be honest

At first, since its a variant of pendulum summon (require pendulum and follow the early steps of pendulum) i can still follow the logic. But then i get to the part beyond step 3 in which very very vague to be honest. I almost though "Infinity Set" pendulum summon spell/trap inbetween the pendulum as traitless monster like what Magical Hats does. But now, not so sure 

I get rid double tap thingy for now at least just because the basic idea still haven't polished enough, we do need mechanic upgrade until that

Careful here. Unless you make it into its own monster typing, making the monster that interact with infinity summon simply because it has name Infinity pose 2 problem:

- name only exclusive making it more like archetype rather than summon mechanic. Failing the concept altogether 

- there also problem with the name as generic as it is. It can suddenly interact with non-infinity summin thingy card that existing and happen to have "infinity" in its name 

i had a plan B for having an archetype named after this way of summoning: not allowing infinity cards to be normal summoned/set to the field(now that i think about it infinity card having effects on a infinity archetype is way OP). Also what do you mean by "Double tapy thingy"? if i made infinity an archetype wouldn't that ruin the whole purpose of this forum? and also i'll try to put the steps like that(if i have time and if i have an idea about how to put it in).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, darkwolf709 said:

Also what do you mean by "Double tapy thingy"? if i made infinity an archetype wouldn't that ruin the whole purpose of this forum? and also i'll try to put the steps like that(if i have time and if i have an idea about how to put it in).

I mean the trap that allow you to infinity summon twice the Infinity Double Tap. Before you can came up with mechanic upgrades polish the base of summon mechanic first, discard the very idea of infinity double tap for now

Sure making it archetype is defeat the purpose of it as summon mechanic concept. Thats why i critisize you making the support for the mechanic excluvisely only in its name as per this quote:

On 11/3/2019 at 5:00 AM, darkwolf709 said:

Infinity summoning is special summoning cards that have "infinity" in its name to your monster field also you can activate the trap effect of the monster.

 

Instead making it the trully seperate monster type like it should be (example: spellcaster/infinity/effect)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Dr. Jolly Glot the III said:

I mean the trap that allow you to infinity summon twice the Infinity Double Tap. Before you can come up with mechanic upgrades, polish the base of summon mechanic first, discard the very idea of infinity double tap for now

Sure making it archetype is defeat the purpose of it as summon mechanic concept. That's why i criticize you making the support for the mechanic exclusively only in its name as per this quote:

Instead making it the truly separate monster type like it should be (example: Spellcaster/Infinity/effect)

Do you want me to put some stuff aside because there is way too much to focus on right now? at the start of this quote do you mean the trap "Infinity double up"?

               and what do you mean by "polish"? do you mean making nfinity summoning and its effects moe reasonable and not OP? 

also:

On 11/6/2019 at 9:25 PM, Dr. Jolly Glot the III said:

^This is rough step-by-step you need to follow, please structure it like that if you got the time

That being said. Its even more confusing to be honest

At first, since its a variant of pendulum summon (require pendulum and follow the early steps of pendulum) i can still follow the logic. But then i get to the part beyond step 3 in which very very vague to be honest. I almost thought "Infinity Set" pendulum summon spell/trap in between the pendulum as traitless monster like what Magical Hats does. But now, not so sure 

I get rid double tap thingy for now at least just because the basic idea still haven't polished enough, we do need mechanic upgrade until that

Careful here. Unless you make it into its own monster typing, making the monster that interact with infinity summon simply because it has name Infinity pose 2 problem:

- name only exclusive making it more like archetype rather than summon mechanic. Failing the concept altogether 

- there also problem with the name as generic as it is. It can suddenly interact with non-infinity summon thingy card that existing and happen to have "infinity" in its name 

when you said "once" you can activate the infinity storm up to 5 times in a single duel.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I do like the idea of Infinity monsters being a subtype rather than an archetype. Although, by Spell/Trap Power, do you mean Spell Speed (1-4) or something else entirely? I'm curious about that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, darkwolf709 said:

Do you want me to put some stuff aside because there is way too much to focus on right now? at the start of this quote do you mean the trap "Infinity double up"?

               and what do you mean by "polish"? do you mean making nfinity summoning and its effects moe reasonable and not OP

1) Yes. I mean get rid double up (for some reason i always read it as tap, damn sleep depraved eyes)

2) Yes. Make them clearer with proper structure and description. Either step-by step summon procedure or card frame anatomy, etc that needed. Outside of the banish opponent FY which is too much and you already get rid on your 2nd update. The power level can only be gauge after you do the aforemention clean up

1 hour ago, darkwolf709 said:

also:

when you said "once" you can activate the infinity storm up to 5 times in a single duel.

....new add on details eh? Dont forget to incorporate it in the clean up. Make sure everything you want to convey is there to avoid further confusion

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...