Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Dr. Jolly Glot the III

[JF20] New Trap Card via the JUMP Festa

Recommended Posts

Nobody cared who the Dragon was until it put on the mask.

EKho7bgUYAAhXzO.jpg?resize=300%2C216&ssl
Kendochourai
Normal Trap Card
You can only use the (2) effect of this card’s name once per turn.
(1) Activate this card by targeting 1 face-up monster your opponent controls; treat this card as an Equip Card that makes that target gain 500 ATK/DEF, and if you do, equip this card to that target.
(2) If this card is sent to the GY because the equipped monster leaves the field: Draw 1 card if this card was not activated this turn, but if this card was activated this turn, apply the following effect instead.
● Draw 2 cards, then discard 1 card.

NOTE: The name of the card is a pun on the expression 捲土重来 (kendojuurai or kendochourai) which means attempting again with redoubled efforts. The etymology of the word is basically “shroud”, “dirt”, “again” and “coming”, resembling a defeated army attempting once again while arising from a cloud of dust from their previous failure. Except instead of dirt, this card is using 怒 (anger). So instead of simply being covered in dirt, this new attempt is being made while shrouded in anger.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Ryusei the Morning Star said:

It would be so much better if this could activate from the hand

That's all traps, though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Ryusei the Morning Star said:

True, but I mean like it'd see meta play maybe?

I mean, it sounds like a slow tempo advantage for nothing. I'd hardly even consider this card in any deck even if it was playable from the hand.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Dae said:

I mean, it sounds like a slow tempo advantage for nothing. I'd hardly even consider this card in any deck even if it was playable from the hand.

If it was like impermanence, you could force your opponent to give you a +1 to continue

 

Idk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Ryusei the Morning Star said:

If it was like impermanence, you could force your opponent to give you a +1 to continue

 

Idk

From what i can tell, this card actually has that potential. Assuming you're facing a deck that ladders, plopping this on the first monster they summon is pretty much a guaranteed draw. Should you do it? Not really, but you can.

 

This card really does things backwards in terms of viability. if the draw came alongside the buff, then no matter the buff, it would likely see use, but since you have to give the buff first, The draw becomes more work than you'd want to be relying on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, vla1ne said:

From what i can tell, this card actually has that potential. Assuming you're facing a deck that ladders, plopping this on the first monster they summon is pretty much a guaranteed draw. Should you do it? Not really, but you can.

 

This card really does things backwards in terms of viability. if the draw came alongside the buff, then no matter the buff, it would likely see use, but since you have to give the buff first, The draw becomes more work than you'd want to be relying on.

The thing is you gotta set it going first and hope your back row doesn't get blown out

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/1/2019 at 8:01 PM, Ryusei the Morning Star said:

The thing is you gotta set it going first and hope your back row doesn't get blown out

 

Yeah, that's the bad part. the restriction makes some sense, seeing as the card would be a draw 2 otherwise, but if that were the only goal, i'd definitely say capture mission is the clearer choice, since kaijus at least act as threat removal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...