Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Redro

Seven in One Blow [WRITTEN]

Recommended Posts

Seven in One Blow
Trap
Discard 7 random cards from your opponent's hand.  You can only activate 1 "Seven in One Blow" per turn.

 

I think I posted this before under a different name on NCM, but I was inspired to repost it here b/c Godbrand's story reminded me of it.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ummm.... am I missing something? Because this Trap seems like the most broken card ever o_o'. No wait, I got it! It's not broken because it can only be activated if your opponent has exactly 7 cards in the hand, no more and no less, isn't it? A troll card you'll never expect, extremely hard to activate, but devastating if it does. Unless it can be paired with something that allows your opponent to draw cards. This would be very cool in Pokemon TCG, though 🙂 .

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Rayfield Lumina said:

Ummm.... am I missing something? Because this Trap seems like the most broken card ever o_o'. No wait, I got it! It's not broken because it can only be activated if your opponent has exactly 7 cards in the hand, no more and no less, isn't it? A troll card you'll never expect, extremely hard to activate, but devastating if it does. Unless it can be paired with something that allows your opponent to draw cards. This would be very cool in Pokemon TCG, though 🙂 .

Yup! 😄

I didn't want to explain and see if people got it.  Yeah, this can only work if your opponent has 7 or more cards in hand.  It's pretty finicky too: if the player chains to have less than 7, then the card fizzles.

I'm thinking that to use it actively it'd need a specific deck based around it, but even then it'd be pretty awkward because a lot of your deck would be devoted to giving your opponent advantage.  Otherwise, a ridiculous but conditional side deck card like "Waking the Dragon".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Redro said:

I'm thinking that to use it actively it'd need a specific deck based around it, but even then it'd be pretty awkward because a lot of your deck would be devoted to giving your opponent advantage.  Otherwise, a ridiculous but conditional side deck card like "Waking the Dragon".

If I'm not wrong, these was a Trap of the Greed series that allowed your opponent to draw cards. I'll go and check

EDIT: Found it! Gift of the Greed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Redro said:

You could also use this alongside Heavy Slump which (flavorwise) fits alongside the Greed stuff.

Hahaha, I didn't know this card. Looks like this damn goblin of greed is getting into some severe economic problems.... much like all of our world, due to a certain "#%/@ Virus.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There are a number of possible cards - "Chainsaw Insect", "Destiny HERO Defender", "Dark Bribe" (slightly situational), "One Day of Peace", et al. Speaking as someone who runs an "Appropriate"-based "Exodia" Deck, (that uses all of those cards, "Gift of Greed", and more) I'd say that this card would fit in well there. You let make them draw cards, draw a bunch of your own, then remove any hand advantage they may have had. It could also be used to accelerate a Deck Out victory. It might be slightly difficult to get the exact number, but if you combo it with "Anti-Spell Fragrance" and "Mind Drain", it would hinder them from stopping you after you activate it.  Effects that let them activate Traps from their hand would still do it, but those are much less common hand traps than Quick-Play Spells and Monster Effects. It could backfire if you're facing an "Infernity", "Danger!" or "Fabled" Deck, but by the time you would be able to activate it, you'd know that already. Also, sidenote: if it can only be activated when they have exactly 7 cards, is the 'random' part of the text really needed? Because you're getting rid of the entire hand at once.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, morrisoni4 said:

Also, sidenote: if it can only be activated when they have exactly 7 cards, is the 'random' part of the text really needed? Because you're getting rid of the entire hand at once.

The card can activate at 7 or more.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, morrisoni4 said:

But I thought the whole point was it only worked at exactly 7?

Nah, I never said that.  Though I suppose it is more appropriate flavor-wise, huh?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Heavy Slump came to my mind as I read the card, yeah xD
It's a better Heavy Slump basically, if only because it requires 1 less card in hand and leaves the opponent with nothing at hand. But like Heavy Slump, it's either situational or requires deck dedication to work. It should be fine, IMO.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...