Ritual Circle - Trading Card Game - Zaziuma's TCG - UPDATED 25/10/20

https://images-wixmp-ed30a86b8c4ca887773594c2.wixmp.com/f/d1f3a62a-0671-46af-987e-8a1b848f8361/de7j44l-d369a905-e262-44b1-b34a-9de8bf9ecf0c.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOiIsImlzcyI6InVybjphcHA6Iiwib2JqIjpbW3sicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvZDFmM2E2MmEtMDY3MS00NmFmLTk4N2UtOGExYjg0OGY4MzYxXC9kZTdqNDRsLWQzNjlhOTA1LWUyNjItNDRiMS1iMzRhLTlkZThiZjllY2YwYy5qcGcifV1dLCJhdWQiOlsidXJuOnNlcnZpY2U6ZmlsZS5kb3dubG9hZCJdfQ.gw9Ik3gRL7P7WVrEKzB-Qq8mnJX-CDqOpsA7V2XB9vg

Introduction:

Ritual Circle is a Trading Card Game created by Zaziuma.

If you have any questions, you find any issues or simply have a suggestion, feel free to post it below. Below you'll find the rules and the cards, which are on my deviantart page, check the full gallery below, or click the set names for those sets specifically.

NOTE: I do not own this art, nor the template used, this is only for demonstrative purposes. I am not an artist, this is only a hobby and not meant for distribution. I do not claim to own any assets, other than the game concepts and rules. If you wish to have this artwork removed, please contact me and I will see it removed as fast as possible.

Rulebook:

Click here to learn the rules and mechanics of the game in a Google Docs document.

Cards:

Click here to view all the cards in a deviantart gallery.

Set Information:

There are currently 5 sets of 70 cards released, listed below, with more on the way. Each set features 14 cards of each of the 5 Ranks, and the set they belong to can be identified by the text at the bottom of the card.

SET #1 - VAST WORLDS

The first set, this one introduces the concepts described in the rulebook and features a variety of mechanics and playstyles that will be further expanded in the future sets. VAST WORLDS starts the Cronarian series of Aquatic Creatures, with Cronarian Sublaster and Cronarian Captain, which will be expanded upon in further sets with support for their playstyle. Also keep an eye out on Celestial Watcher as support for it and Fae Creatures will be coming up in future sets.

SET #2 - MAGIC MYSTERIES

The second set, this one expands upon the current cards, as well as introducing support for series as mentioned previously, Cronarian and Celestial have now gotten specific support, like that of Cronarian Development and Holy Worship. Read more about series in the rulebook as well. Keep an eye out for Rengin, Cyber Robot and Skeleton Disowner in the future as well.

SET #3 - RISE OF DAWN

The third set, features new support for the Cronarian and Celestial series, as well as support for Skeleton & Chimera. Skeleton are Undead Creatures, which play around with the Graveyard and Exiling and works well in any Undead based Deck, and Chimera are Beast Ritual Creatures which focus on effects based on randomness, like flipping coins, rolling dice etc. Also take note of Cybermechman, Vampiric Seductress and Stormangel Knight in the future as well.

SET #4 - RISE OF DAWN

The fourth set, introduces the new card type called Evolved Ritual Creatures, which are colored black and red, read more about them in the rulebook. it features new support for the Cronarian, Celestial and Skeleton series, which got a new Evolved Ritual Creature boss in Skeleton Subduer as well as support for Cyber and Mech series, two Automaton series which support each other and other Automaton based Deck, like the Molten series that has now gotten an additional support card in Molten Thrasher, which are Pyro and Automaton Creatures, and also are connected to Mechadragon, as well as one of the new series, Sylvan with Mechasylvan Bugbeast, and Sylvan are Fae Creatures that focus on HP gaining mostly, lastly there is the Vampiric series which focus on getting a lot of their members on the Creature Field as well as Exiling card from your opponent's Deck.

SET #5 - NEW OBLIVION

The fifth set, features new support for the Sylvan, Chimera, Mechadragon, Vampiric, Cronarian, Celestial and a lot more support for Fae Warrior plays, as well as introduces support for Devilfish and Mechadragon, Devilfish being Aquatic Demonic Beast that focus on Creatures with 3 Creature Groups, and Varrior, who are 5 Rank 5 Warrior Creatures, which are able to be Summoned if your opponent controls a Ritual Creature and you control no Creatures.

The layout is very nice and functional and the card art of most cards is gorgeous. However, I'm really not a fan of scantily clad women in card games. It kills immersion for me. I also can't agree calling this game a TCG; Unless there is information I have not been put in knowledge of, I think your game is more of a DBG than a CCG/TCG.

I intend to try out your game to give you actual feedback once I have more money for printing in colour or using a professional printing service, but I wish you had a website from which I could access the cards more easily than from DeviantArt, which I'm not used to and I find confusing to navigate it.

So far looking at the cards and through the rules, I have a good first impression even though the amount of scantily clad women is too much to my taste. I look forward to trying your game and I wish you luck with your project.

BTW one last nitpick: the card borders are way too thick.

3 hours ago, Doigt said:

The layout is very nice and functional and the card art of most cards is gorgeous. However, I'm really not a fan of scantily clad women in card games. It kills immersion for me. I also can't agree calling this game a TCG; Unless there is information I have not been put in knowledge of, I think your game is more of a DBG than a CCG/TCG.

I intend to try out your game to give you actual feedback once I have more money for printing in colour or using a professional printing service, but I wish you had a website from which I could access the cards more easily than from DeviantArt, which I'm not used to and I find confusing to navigate it.

So far looking at the cards and through the rules, I have a good first impression even though the amount of scantily clad women is too much to my taste. I look forward to trying your game and I wish you luck with your project.

BTW one last nitpick: the card borders are way too thick.

Okay, that's not the criticism I was expecting, but you seem to suggest that women cannot be scantily glad in fantasy, which to me gets into icky territory of disallowing women their right to dress how they want, and that's not a message that I wish to pursuit for this game, so I am not going to change that part, so sorry if that's a deal breaker to you. Additionally, I name it a TCG, because that's what Yu-Gi-Oh! does, and it's inspired by that game obviously. This is also the first time I have heard of the term DBG, but I suppose that's an accurate statement.

As for a website, I have no real skill in that regard, if anyone would be willing to make one, go ahead, I don't much care what you do with my cards, just as long as you don't claim to have made them of course.

Can't do anything about the card borders, as I have said, I didn't make this template, and I have no artistic skills, so all you see is simply how the program I used to make the cards handles things.

Glad to see some comments regardless, while these are not the comments I had expected, any criticism is welcome, just don't expect me to change it to how you want to see things, if you don't like the way I am doing things, that's fine, you don't have to continue watching the development of the game.

5 hours ago, Zaziuma said:

Okay, that's not the criticism I was expecting, but you seem to suggest that women cannot be scantily glad in fantasy, which to me gets into icky territory of disallowing women their right to dress how they want, and that's not a message that I wish to pursuit for this game, so I am not going to change that part, so sorry if that's a deal breaker to you.

Uh no. You're reading way too much into it. I'm just not a fan. Ruins my immersion because to me a card game is all about the battle and a lack of a proper battle attire breaks my immersion; I'd have the same criticism for half naked men. And I wouldn't be interested in trying your game if that was a deal breaker. What I'm saying is that there are too many of them and it could become a deal breaker.

Also I missed the part about you not being the artist yesterday because it was late I was understandably tired. Sorry about that, though I'm convinced if it's just the borders that it can easily be fixed in Paint.Net, but I understand why you wouldn't want to try and as I said, it's really more of nitpick. Though, if possible, I'd like you to reserve a spot on each card to properly credit the artists. I'd put it on the bottom, like they do in pokemon.

23 minutes ago, Doigt said:

Would be nice to credit the artists.

Unfortunately I don't know who made the art for the cards, as most pictures come from an image catalog I once downloaded to make YGO cards with, so if it was possible, I would. All the images are just randomly named, so I can't even find out who made them https://prnt.sc/uden44

• Atypical-Abbie changed the title to Ritual Circle - Trading Card Game - Zaziuma's TCG - UPDATED 21/09/20
  • Atypical-Abbie changed the title to Ritual Circle - Trading Card Game - Zaziuma's TCG - UPDATED 25/10/20

Archived