Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Overwrite.jpg.783b0a257fd721a1cb737807b83ad913.jpg

Overwrite Psywitch

LIGHT / Level 4

Psychic / Effect

You can banish this card from your GY, then activate 1 of the following effects.
*Target 1 monster you control that, due to a card effect, cannot be used as material for a Summon; it can be used as material for a Summon until the end of this turn.
* Target 1 monster you control that, due to a card effect, cannot attack; it can attack during your next Battle Phase.
You can only use 1 "Overwrite Psywitch" effect per turn, and only once during that turn.

ATK 100 / DEF 2100

 

 

It's been a while since I decided to post something. I wanted to take the risk and post this one in advanced, knowing that the implications of this card effect might be too grand. Because yeah, if you can avert your eyes from the beauty of the lady in the artwork, this card is able to let you use a monster that for whatever reasons, is prevented from being used as material or is supposed to be unable to attack. I'm pretty much sure this can lead to some nice combos, but you will tell ^_^. Also, I made this card Psychic so its banishing effect can synergize with said typing. I'm guessing it won't be too hard to get this girl back on the GY to activate the effect again.

As always, comments are critique are uber appreciated 🙂 

Edited by Rayfield Lumina
Adjusted Lv as per Sleepy's suggestion and changed text by Jolly's
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

NICE art lmao

this card utility is...very specific and also very unusually worded. while the intention is very clear i can't really give fixes without butchering the soul of the card other than unified the both identical banish cost into:

"You can Banish this card from your GY, activate 1 of the following effect"

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Dr. Jolly Glot the III said:

NICE art lmao

this card utility is...very specific and also very unusually worded. while the intention is very clear i can't really give fixes without butchering the soul of the card other than unified the both identical banish cost into:

"You can Banish this card from your GY, activate 1 of the following effect"

I had this exact concern while making it. I've seen cards with the HOPT first, then the bullets. But what you say is probably right, so heck, I'll change it xD.

Also, I had a feeling at first this card would be pretty dangerous, that's why I mentioned the dangerous implications. But it's also true that it is very specific and all, so it might have ended up being a little underwhelming? I still think it can have a niche in certain decks where the main mon is prevented to attack for some reason, like when you activate an effect that destroys all monsters the opponent controls but that causes your mon to be unable to attack, that's pretty nasty. Or those effects that combine the ATK of many mons into one and the others cannot attack, etc.

EDIT: Oh, I almost forgot. Yeah, the artwork is hawt xD

Link to post
Share on other sites

The flavor behind the name and effect is nice, and yeah it's a pretty unusual kind of effect. 
If I were to suggest anything (other than the fusing of costs for the sake of shorter text that was suggested above.. but I just noticed it was edited just in text under the card) hmmm...

I'd say lower her Level so she can be easier to bring out by stuff like "Emergency Teleport" and "Kinetic Power Well" (So Level 2 probably). Otherwise I see it a bit harder for her to hit the field to complete potential generic combos where you might have splashed a small engine for her into the Deck, as she's not likely to synergy naturally with stuff like overwriting Blue-Eyes (Burst Stream of Destruction, Blue-Eyes Alternative White Dragon, Blue-Eyes Alternative Ultimate Dragon) or... hey, can she over-write the stun provided by Continuous Traps like Fiendish Chain or Shadow Spell?

Also noticing "next battle phase" so double battle phase effects like "Weather Report" and "Mischief of the Time Goddess" don't apply. Kind of niche but too bad xD

Next another one that makes unaffected cards "affected" and one that overwrites negation and makes an effect of a card live again hahahaha xD

All in all, this is a pretty clever idea. Like the card a lot xP

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Sleepy said:

I'd say lower her Level so she can be easier to bring out by stuff like "Emergency Teleport" and "Kinetic Power Well" (So Level 2 probably). Otherwise I see it a bit harder for her to hit the field to complete potential generic combos where you might have splashed a small engine for her into the Deck, as she's not likely to synergy naturally with stuff like overwriting Blue-Eyes (Burst Stream of Destruction, Blue-Eyes Alternative White Dragon, Blue-Eyes Alternative Ultimate Dragon) or... hey, can she over-write the stun provided by Continuous Traps like Fiendish Chain or Shadow Spell?

GASP! I thought Emergency Teleport was for Lv 4 or lower critters! And I didn't know Telekinetic Power Well existed, had to google it xD. Mmm... this definitely takes measurements.
About the overwriting of Fiendish Chain, etc... well, I want to think it can. Honestly, this card is made to overwrite the type of effects that restrict a monster from attacking for activating its effect or when a monster combines many monster's attacks and the others are rendered immobile, but the card says it can, so I guess it can xD,

14 hours ago, Sleepy said:

Also noticing "next battle phase" so double battle phase effects like "Weather Report" and "Mischief of the Time Goddess" don't apply. Kind of niche but too bad xD

I wanted to be specific on that part. And goodness, Mischief of the Time Goddess is a mess of a card xD

14 hours ago, Sleepy said:

Next another one that makes unaffected cards "affected" and one that overwrites negation and makes an effect of a card live again hahahaha xD

I have plans to post a card today or tomorrow, but this is an excellent idea! I want to create something similar now n.n For now, I'll adjust this card's Level and stats.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...