Psywitches: Beauty, Power and Cheat 7/?

Rayfield Lumina

Helloe, guys! It's been one hell of a time since I posted something in a Multiples section. What I'm posting is not exactly an archetype, as these card don't work like that yet. They're monsters with strange effects that in some cases defy common rules. I'm not sure if that will happen, but I might add more cards in the future.

I have to mention, one of these cards was already posted in Singles. Then, @Sleepy made a joke that sparked my interest in making more, actually, the second card is pretty much her joke made real xD. Let's get on!

1331069475_OverwritePsywitch.jpg.11acd2cae2947a7e7da52522577e278d.jpg

Overwrite Psywitch

LIGHT              Level 2

Psychic / Effect

You can banish this card from your GY, then activate 1 of the following effects.
* Target 1 monster you control that, due to a card effect, cannot be used as material for a Summon; it can be used as material for a Summon until the end of this turn.
* Target 1 monster you control that, due to a card effect, cannot attack; it can attack during your next Battle Phase.
You can only use this effect of “Overwrite Psywitch” once per turn.

ATK 100 / DEF 2100

1398849696_LawBreakerPsywitch.jpg.e79939a4dc25efca135a3dcb9dc21572.jpg

Law Breaker Psywitch

WATER                Level 2

Psychic / Effect

You can banish this card from your GY, then activate 1 of the following effects.
* Target 1 monster your opponent controls, ignoring any Immunity effects that target has; until the end of this turn, negate all immunity effects that target has.
* Target 1 monster on the field that has its effects negated; until the end of this turn, that target doesn't have it's effects negated.
You can only use this effect of "Law Breaker Psywitch" once per turn.

ATK 100 / DEF 2100

239938672_EnergizingPsywitch.jpg.236d183b647fd6df568b11c64b41550f.jpg

Energizing Psywitch

FIRE                         Level 2

Psychic / Effect

* Target 1 monster in your GY that was sent to the GY by your opponent's card effect this turn; Special Summon that target.
* Target 1 Spell/Trap in your GY that was sent to the GY  by your opponent's card effect this turn; Set that target.
You can only use this effect of "Energizing Psywitch" once per turn.

ATK 100 / DEF 2100

176151673_AltershapePsywitch(1).jpg.7ff499789757b589625bcd959057cf08.jpg

Alter Shape Psywitch

WIND                    Level 2

Psychic / Effect

You can banish this card from your GY, then activate 1 of the following effects:
* Target 1 face-up non-Link monster you control; until the end of this turn, that target is treated as a Link Monster, with a Link Rating of 1 and an arrow pointing ←OR→.
* Reveal 1 monster in your hand; the revealed monster is treated as a Pendulum Monster with a Pendulum Scale of 0 OR 13.
You can only use this effect of "Alter Shape Psywitch" once per turn.

ATK 100 / DEF 2100

1737032102_CorruptorPsywitch.jpg.b521c2671964255f8054c772740d70e7.jpg

Corruptor Psywitch

Dark                      Level 2

Psychic / Effect

You can banish this card from your GY, then target 1 non-Link/Xyz face-up monster you control; that target is treated as an Xyz Monster with a Rank equal to the original Level of that card and gains the following effects:
* Once per turn: You can attach 1 Level 4 or lower Psychic monster from your hand or your side of the field to this card as a material.
* Once per turn: You can detach 1 material from this card, then target up to 2 of your banished monsters, except "Corruptor Psywitch"; return them to the GY.
You can only use this effect of "Corruptor Psywitch" once per turn.

ATK 100 / DEF 2100

Convert.jpg.ad931511f918116b3d1f62a1e8770bf9.jpg

Conversion Psywitch

EARTH               Level 2

Psychic / Effect

You can banish this card from your GY, then activate 1 of the following effects:
* Reveal 1 Fusion Monster in your Extra Deck, then target 1 face-up non-Link/Xyz monster you control; until the end of this turn, that target is treated as having all the card characteristics of one of the materials listed in that Fusion Monster’s card text.
* Target 1 face up non-Link/Xyz Monster you control; that target is treated as a Tuner Synchro Monster. These changes last until the end of this turn.
You can only use this effect of "Identity Psywitch" once per turn.

ATK 100 / DEF 2100

Identi.jpg.61d7b94425480424e0c3c409433a52df.jpg

Identity Psywitch

WATER             Lv 2

Psychic / Effect

* Target 1 face-up card on the field or either GY, then declare 1 card name; until the end of your opponent’s next turn, the target, as well as any copies of that target in that card’s player’s possession, replace their name with the declared name.
* Target 1 face-up monster you control or in your GY, then declare 1 Type and 1 Attribute; until the end of this turn, that target becomes the declared Type and Attribute.
You can only use this effect of "Identity Psywitch" once per turn.

ATK 100 / DEF 2100

Just a little clarification over here. Law Breaker Psywitch has a strange term , "Immunity Effect" that obviously doesn't exist in the game. It's not the first time I use that term, and I call that every single effect that confers a card a certain type of protection/immunity/safeguard. Effects such as "Unaffected by X", "Cannot be destroyed by Y". "Cannot be targeted by Z". "Control/Battle Position/ATK/DEF of this card cannot change", etc. Anything that you feel is a protection, that's an Immunity effect xD.

Anyway, here's what I got so far. I plan to add something to created Quick Effects and maybe something to negate negations xP.

Critique, comments, card grammar suggestions or anything is totally appreciated, as always 🙂 

I like the idea of the cards. I personally love the idea of monsters powering up other monsters, so you got +1 from me. Overwrite Psywitch seems a little underwhelming because you can only cripple your own monsters, but the other two are pretty cool; especially Law Breaker as you can take down invincible monsters, should your opponent pull one out. Also, did you do the art on these cards? They are pretty neat. 

• Rayfield Lumina changed the title to Psywitches: Beauty, Power and Cheat 4/?
On 9/20/2020 at 9:15 PM, CardSharpDoppel said:

I like the idea of the cards. I personally love the idea of monsters powering up other monsters, so you got +1 from me. Overwrite Psywitch seems a little underwhelming because you can only cripple your own monsters, but the other two are pretty cool; especially Law Breaker as you can take down invincible monsters, should your opponent pull one out. Also, did you do the art on these cards? They are pretty neat. 

Thank you very much for the feedback, @CardSharpDoppel ! I don't exactly understand what you mean with Overwriting Psywitch  being only able to cripple your own mons. I mean, what the effect does is to target 1 of your monsters to let it be used for a Summon when a card effect is restricting you to or to let it attack when something is stopping that (i.e. Fiendish Chain, The Dark Door, effects similar to that of Hot Red Dragon Archfiend, etc.)

I'm glad you liked the others, though, and I just added a fourth one that could be pretty damn overpowered in the right decks. But oh well, we're in casual xD.

P.D. Oh, no, no, I'm leagues away from being able to make such amazing drawings. I gathered them around the web, and if you're interested in having them, PM me and I'll share the originals with you. I did draw my profile pic xD. That should give you a gauge of my real skills, haha.

• Rayfield Lumina changed the title to Psywitches: Beauty, Power and Cheat 5/?

I'm loving the series so far. I recommend if you plan on making support for them, an Emergency Teleport that only works for this archetype sounds good  (the original Emergency Teleport was limited because of specific interactions like Kozmos making any empty field into an OTK with Dorothy, or Monarchs finding a very reliable engine of tributes that accessed some nifty Extra Deck options with the Quantums, and IDK what else). 

Overwrite is one of the most balanced instances I've seen from a card effect saying "if something says you can't do it, you now can". Usually it is a concept used by more newbie players wanting to make a more overpowered boss, but as support card with flexibility due to stats and actual flavor behind the effect, I can get behind it.

Law Breaker is still a little bit harder for me to get behind due to semantics in the game making the wording a slightly more nebulous, and you defined and covered for it with explanations already so it's more fault of the game's official wording means. Overall a neat idea. I'd say this is the one that's most like the first one. After this, the others go on a different direction xP

Ah, Energizing, this is one of the best effects I've seen in a while. A little like Zirnitron but with a broader reach. One thing I just noticed though: It lacks a (Quick Effect) clause, so it kind of looks like you can only use it as a Spell Speed 1 effect during your own Main Phase if the conditions have been fulfilled earlier this turn. I forgot if you intended for it to work that way or not, but in case you didn't, this is something to take into account.  Same thing applies to Overwrite and Law Breaker up there, they are non-quick effects but for them it didn't matter as much xD

After Shape sounds more niche as Pendulums tend to be used in decks that are fully Pendulum-oriented and not stuff that'd be splabhable, still nice that you can fix and complete your scales. I bet there are some effects out there that only have a balancing point of having a very bad scale number which this corrects. Heck you can turn anything like a Sangan into a Scale. You could even go "choose 1 monster in your hand or your Monster Zone" for the ability to Mind Control an opponent's monster and keep it as a scale, or for some shenanigans with the Trap "Pendulum Switch". "Aether the Evil Empowered Dragon" comes to mind, that banishes a monster each time it enters the Monster Zone again.
The Link part itself: easy, it makes a single card like a Token or whatever you want into an aid for Extra Link, an extra avenue for Link Summoning formations for when you can't afford to have the extra step of starting in the Extra Monster Zone, it helps unlock Trigate Wizard's co-link effects a little easier, and it helps the Guardragon Links work in a much more splashable way...... weeeeell maybe not MUCH more because running this Level 2 Psychic is technically its own form of dedication, but it's a fun thing to have regardless.

Corruptor is something I love the idea of having in something like a Zombie Deck. Running her at 3 allows the attaching effect to attach extra copies you might draw into, and the idea of returning 2 Mezukis or Shiranui and whatnot without having to get 3 Level 4s to Xyz into Amaterasu, or having to run an alternate engine that nets you Rank 3 (like Tour Guide) to make Leviair, this is great. There's another use I'd like to see in practice: "Rank-Up Magic Barian's Force" and "Rank-Up Magic Astral Force" to turn Main Deck monsters with the right traits into powerful Xyzs. Like grabbing any Level 4 LIGHT Machine like the Gold or Silver Gadgets or the ABC materials, and turning them into Cyber Dragon Infinity xD

Great as sideboard material 

Together as a working archetype? Not so much

You got them in the GY and outside of that they do not do much or work together as a functioning unit to achieve a higher goal.

Maybe cards to discard monsters, send monsters from deck to the GY, special summon banished monsters and some of boss that becomes the lynchpin that brings it all together.

Send 1 "Psywhitch" monster from your Deck to the GY: draw 1 card.

Discard 1 "Psywitch" monster card: destroy 1 card.

Ideas similar to this kinda bring each member together to where they want to head and help forward your agenda that could lead to victory. 

Support cards to help get them to the GY (so they can control) as a cost and the cards themselves do something to further hinder the opponent who now gotta worry about your psywitches doing their thing to even further slowing them down. 

By Leviathan's scales, this is an amazing review, thank you very much @Sleepy! The scope of your knowledge reaches way farther than mine xD.. You can find a lot more of combos than I do when I think of these cards. You had me google quite a bit of cards to thoroughly understand what you mean, lol.

Here's a strange fact: the one I have the most doubts about is Overwrite, specially in the case of the second effect. My intention is to ignore all kind of effects that could stop the target from attacking, but I wasn't sure if adding the "during the next Battle Phase" was needed or if I should have used "during this turn". I decided for the Battle Phase because my intention from the very beginning (even though the card hasn't reached here yet) was to make a support that allows Quick Plays, and if it is used during the opponent's turn for X reason, it'd be useless.

Honestly, what you said about Energizing made me smile. And yeah, like I mentioned above, it will get the Quick Effect support. That being in a different card isn't exactly optimal, but the idea of the Deck is to get most of the support from continuous Spells as well as a couple of devastating Traps.

You know, the very first version of the Pendulum-turning effect was precisely from field to Zone. I'm no expert at all in Pendulums, so I had doubts about the wording (I suppose you simply say "place" it in an unused Pendulum Zone. I might change the effect to include both possibilities. I'm not convinced about the wording. You can't target cards in the hand, so I get why you used "Choose", but you cannot choose monsters you control. I suppose I'd have to use something like "Choose 1 card in your hand OR target 1 monster you control etc."

Thanks again for the review, stay tuned, because there's more to come xD

18 hours ago, Godbrand said:

Great as sideboard material 

Together as a working archetype? Not so much

You got them in the GY and outside of that they do not do much or work together as a functioning unit to achieve a higher goal.

Maybe cards to discard monsters, send monsters from deck to the GY, special summon banished monsters and some of boss that becomes the lynchpin that brings it all together.

Actually, you're right on the spot. These cards work -for now- mostly to support certain archetypes, but don't work to help each other out. A strange concept, indeed, an archetype that works to support others, but don't work as one in themselves xD. BUUUT what you don't know is that there WILL be cards that shall change this fact. The archetype is not completed, after all, be patient and you will find out. Thanks for taking your time to comment, I'll keep your ideas in mind.

I love witches! One of my archetypes that I had back in the day was based on real life witch lore, but I'm not sure I ever finished it. Maybe if the save function also returns I'll be able to finish it.

Anyways, I love that Overwrite Psywitch can be paired with the Angry Sheep you posted in singles to get him to attack early! Very unexpected synergy 😛

Yeah, we're still missing that function. C'mon, YCMaker, you have been doing a good job lately, we need to be able to save the cards!

16 hours ago, BlackwaterNoble said:

Anyways, I love that Overwrite Psywitch can be paired with the Angry Sheep you posted in singles to get him to attack early! Very unexpected synergy 😛

My heart skip a beat with this possibility, but after a second thought, it cannot be done, unfortunately. Reason being Borrego is "unaffected by other card effects". Overwrite won't be able to affect it at all. BUT! Here's the deal: Law Breaker Psywitch CAN affect it, as it negates all Immunity effects a monster can have. If I used that first, then Overwrite, it could be done. But that's pretty risky, as Borrego will be vulnerable to any effects the opponent throws at you xD. But interesting point!

Coincidentally, I was thinking of updating this archetype today with a couple of cards. Stay tuned.

1 minute ago, Rayfield Lumina said:

BUT! Here's the deal: Law Breaker Psywitch CAN affect it, as it negates all Immunity effects a monster can have. If I used that first, then Overwrite, it could be done. But that's pretty risky, as Borrego will be vulnerable to any effects the opponent throws at you xD. But interesting point!

Isn't Law Breaker only used on an opponent's monster though?

10 minutes ago, Rayfield Lumina said:

Goodness, you're right xD. I never considered screwing your own monsters could be used to your advantage. Mmm... perhaps I'll make that change. Thanks for pointing that out.

Yessss it's also good to give yourself the option to use a "negative" effect on your own cards, never know when that'll come in handy 😉

• Rayfield Lumina changed the title to Psywitches: Beauty, Power and Cheat 7/?

Archived