Yu-Gi-Oh Card Maker Beta Sign Up

YCMaker

• Administrators

Yu-Gi-Oh Card Maker v4 Beta Sign Up

The latest iteration of the Yu-Gi-Oh Card Maker is nearing completion, and I'll soon be opening it up for beta testing. What's new, you may ask?

• Link, Pendulum, and many more card types and attributes
  • Updated, higher-res graphics
  • More accurate fonts and foil effects
  • Realtime preview while editing
  • Easier saving and sharing of your cards

The card maker has been completely rewritten, which is why I'll be doing a small beta test before opening it up to the general public. I'm looking for members who are excited to try out the new card maker before anyone else, and are willing to report any bugs they come across, inconsistencies with the rules of the TCG, or aspects of the user experience that can be improved. What I'm looking for in beta testers:

• Excellent communication skills
  • Well-versed in the Yu-Gi-Oh TCG
  • Huge plus: Prior experience doing QA for a product launch

If this sounds like you, please respond to this post with a short message explaining why you'd like to be chosen as a beta tester. I will select a maximum of 10 testers initially, finalizing my selections within 2 weeks. Those who are selected will become part of the Beta Tester user group, giving them access to the new card maker as well as an exclusive forum dedicated to this beta test. Please keep in mind, this is the very earliest phase of testing I'm doing for this card maker, so you will come across bugs and missing features. I am hoping that with your help, we can resolve these issues promptly and open the new Card Maker up to the rest of the community in the coming weeks!

spacer.png

Oh, and there's one more thing, although I can't go into much detail yet. The launch of this new Yu-Gi-Oh Card Maker is actually just a small part of a much bigger project I've been developing over the past year. More details to come soon!

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You need beta testers? Sign me up.

I'm willing to test and will let you know if I find anything wrong. I will try out each template and see what can/cannot be done. Real-time editing is a nice touch and hoping to be able to save cards/sets like before. So definitely willing to do some digging.

I would love to be a part of the beta test.

I've written (extensively, no cheap throw aways or jokes) just over 1000 cards, and have been with the game since pretty much day 1. Plus, if it matters, I was a mod quite some time ago who was in the questions and answers part of the forum, if my memory serves me. So, I'm also in the ballpark of relaying and gathering feedback/questions. 

18 hours ago, YCMaker said:

The latest iteration of the Yu-Gi-Oh Card Maker is nearing completion, and I'll soon be opening it up for beta testing. What's new, you may ask?

The card maker has been completely rewritten, which is why I'll be doing a small beta test before opening it up to the general public. I'm looking for members who are excited to try out the new card maker before anyone else, and are willing to report any bugs they come across, inconsistencies with the rules of the TCG, or aspects of the user experience that can be improved. What I'm looking for in beta testers:

If this sounds like you, please respond to this post with a short message explaining why you'd like to be chosen as a beta tester. I will select a maximum of 10 testers initially, finalizing my selections within 2 weeks. Those who are selected will become part of the Beta Tester user group, giving them access to the new card maker as well as an exclusive forum dedicated to this beta test. Please keep in mind, this is the very earliest phase of testing I'm doing for this card maker, so you will come across bugs and missing features. I am hoping that with your help, we can resolve these issues promptly and open the new Card Maker up to the rest of the community in the coming weeks!

spacer.png

Oh, and there's one more thing, although I can't go into much detail yet. The launch of this new Yu-Gi-Oh Card Maker is actually just a small part of a much bigger project I've been developing over the past year. More details to come soon!

Woah Wow now your the best when it be open to non-users of the site beacuse my he said he liked this site

15 minutes ago, Yisus7 said:

Spainsih: Si soy sincero a mi también me gustaría participar a ser posible. Gracias 

English: If I am honest I would also like to participate if possible. Thank you

English: Why yes you can Partake in this event as well my friend

Spainsih: Por qué sí, tú también puedes participar en este evento, amigo mío

@YCMaker

I'd like to express my interest in becoming a tester. During the 14 months or so I've been participating in the forum, I've grown deeply attached to the site, thus I receive the news of of a new Card Maker already at the Beta Stage with great joy, and of course I'd like to contribute in helping with the final stages of its development in any way I can. As for the particular traits you're looking for in candidates:

1) I'll leave to your judgement if my communication skills live up to the expectations you have set for your testers

2) Since we're talking about becoming a Card Maker tester, I take "well-versed in the TCG" essentially as having knowledge of the type of cards and the possible characteristics each of them might include (the 10 of them, or 11 including Tokens), and general ruling comprehension to a lesser extent. I would imagine an in-depth knowledge of the current metagame is unnecessary. Truly, I'm not the most knowledgeable in regards of the latter, but I can say I know every nook and cranny of a card. I myself have a set of templates in which I spent many, many hours in perfecting so they'be as close as possible to  a real card. For this reason, and with all due respect to other members, I daresay I'm more aware of the card structure and tiny details that Konami have implemented in them throughout the years than most people.For instance, and take this as constructive criticism, your new template, although looking much, much better than the current card maker, is lacking the slight emboss effect newer cards have, which is located just inside the gray frame of the cards (take a closer look at any recent card and you'll see how they have volume). In short, I consider myself helpful in spotting any details the card maker might present, in order to make it as realistic as it can get.

3) Unfortunately I don't have that kind of experience, so I hope what I said above can offset such disadvantage.

Yes, I'm new compared to many of the veteran members, but you'll have a hard time finding somebody who's more enthusiastic in wanting to see this site flourish again. As someone who wasn't around during the golden era of this forum but is aware of the humongous amount of activity it once had, I've dreamed of returning as close as possible to that state. I truly hope that, whether I'm chosen or not to help, the new card maker can be the keystone of a new, better era.

On 1/3/2021 at 4:18 AM, YCMaker said:

spacer.png

Sign me up lads imma make some weird broken shit

• Administrators
3 hours ago, Nobody Really said:

YCMaker, if I may ask, will we be able to keep cards that we make during the beta testing?

Yeah, although I may disable database saving initially, because the table column structure needs to be set in stone. If any changes need to be made early in the beta phase, it would be difficult to make those cards that were saved prior to the changes backwards-compatible when opening. Sorry if that was a bit technical, but basically - yes, once I am confident that the new card maker won't need to be changed much, as far as the input fields go. Either way, you'll have the ability to save and share the card images right from the start.

To everyone else that has responded so far: Thank you for expressing interest in the project - I think we have some excellent candidates so far. I won't be responding to everyone individually just yet, but know that I am reading your replies and appreciate the support!

5 minutes ago, YCMaker said:

Yeah, although I may disable database saving initially, because the table column structure needs to be set in stone. If any changes need to be made early in the beta phase, it would be difficult to make those cards that were saved prior to the changes backwards-compatible when opening. Sorry if that was a bit technical, but basically - yes, once I am confident that the new card maker won't need to be changed much, as far as the input fields go. Either way, you'll have the ability to save and share the card images right from the start.

It actually wasn't that technical. I know designing this stuff can be tricky. Hence, my willingness to help out.

Archived