Buffs And Nerfs and Orginal Cards (Critiques/Advice welcome) . Raritys Added .

BowWow

The Power of the cards and the possibilities of cards like these coming out or being made and do you like the Cards   

2 members have voted

1. 1. Strength of the cards

• Very Under Powered
    • Under Powered
    • Balanced
    • Over Powered
    • Very Over Powered
  2. 2. Can you see Konami making cards like this ?

• No
    • Possibilly
    • Yes
  3. 3. Do you like the Cards

• No
    • Middle Of The Road
    • Yes

Tell me what you think

Mazera DeVille - The King Of The First Level Of The Underworld  (Secret Rare)

Level.8

Attribute.Dark

Type.Fiend

Attack.2800

Defence.2300

Effect.This card cannot be Normal Summoned .This card can only be Special Summoned   except by Banishing 1 "Warrior Of Zera" and "Terrorking Archfiend" from your Graveyard while "Pandemonium" is on your Field Zone . When this card is Special Summoned You must look at your opponents hand and banish 2 cards in their hand and then add 1 card from their hand to your hand . At the Beginning of Your turn you have to half your Life Points and then take 2000 damage . When this card is destroyed you can add 1 "Warrior Of Zera" and "Terrorking Archfiend" from your Banished zone. You cand send 1 "Warrior Of Zera" and "Terrorking Archfiend" to your Graveyard to add 1 "Pandemonium" from your Deck or Banished Zone or Graveyard to your hand.

( I have a Slight feeling that Mazera DeVille  retrain is overpowered )

Pot Of Higher Purchase ( Secret Rare )

Spell/Quick Play

Effect. You Draw 5 Cards (only for this duel)  and for the Rest of the Match your opponent draws 2 cards pur turn.  When its your turn you filp a coin and if heads you have to Banish 1 one card in your hand but your opponent chooses (For the rest of the match)  . 

(Could be sorta Balanced )

Cost Up ( Ultra Rare)

Spell.Continous

Effect. For the rest of the turn the levels of your opponents in their Hand , Field , Graveyard , Deck , Banished zone go up by 2 while this card is face up on the field . To keep this card on the field you have to discard 1 card in your hand to the Graveyard )

"A reverse version  of cost down"

• BowWow changed the title to Retrained And Powered Up Cards Or Powered Down and Orginal Cards

Black Forest Of Torns  (Super Rare )

Spell.Field

effect.All Plant Type Monsters on your side of the field gain 100 Attack points for every  Plant Type Monster in your Graveyard. You can send this card from your Hand  or Field to add 1 "Witch Of The Black Forest" from you Deck Or Graveyard to your hand or you can Special Summon it but its Attack and Defence become 1000 . You can  send this card to the Graveyard on either players turn. You can send or discard 1 Dark Attribute Plant Type monster or  a monster with "Thorn" in its name to add this card back to your hand .  You can only use this cards effect(s) once per turn.

Madam Of The Thorn (Ultra Rare)

Level.7

Attribute. Dark

Type. Plant

Attack.2850

Defence.2650

Effect. This Card can only be Special Summoned by Banishing 1 Dark Attribute Plant Type Monster from your Hand or Deck or Graveyard . When this card is Summond you can add 1 card with "Thorn" in  its name from your Deck or Graveyard to your hand  . This cards effect cannot be negated . You can Discard 1 Dark Attribute Plant Type monster to send  1 card with "Thorn" in its name back into the deck from your Banished zone or Graveyard. The deck is then shuffled but you put the monster with "Thorn" in its name to the top of the deck . When You discard a Dark Attribute Plant Type monster from your hand to the deck then you can Special Summon 1 Dark Attribute Plant or 1 Monster with "Thorn" in its name to your side of the field . 

I have a strong feeling that "Madam Of The Thorn"  COULD  be Over powered. 

i guess i can start here since sometimes i do have personal problem of review big number of cards in a single post

you have wording/grammar problem, for most of them its not really a vague one but you do however have problem of lacking certain specification for instance your Mazera has effect that send 2 unique cards to GY but you don't specified from where you sending those cards. i cant really blame you much for that since correct grammar in yugioh takes its own kind of training. with time and learning you will

Mazera: wording fixes draft

"Cannot be Normal Summoned/Set. Must be Special Summoned (from your hand) by Banishing a "Warrior Of Zera" and "Terrorking Archfiend" from your GY while you control "Pandemonium" and cannot be Special Summoned in other ways. Once per turn, During your Standby Phase: Half your LP and then take 2000 Damage (this is not optional). When this card is Special Summoned: You may look at your opponent's hand; Banish 2 cards from His/Her hand. and then, add 1 card from their hand to your hand. When this card is destroyed, you can add 1 each of your Banished "Warrior Of Zera" and "Terrorking Archfiend" to your hand. You can send 1 "Warrior Of Zera" and "Terrorking Archfiend" to your GY to add 1 "Pandemonium" from your Deck, GY, or among your Banished cards to your hand.

as i aforementioned before the Pandemonium searcher effect is lacking details from where you send the cost, so i cant really comment on it until you fix it. as for the est of effect is a dilemma

on one hand that on summon hand ripping effect is just Overpowered, especially since it has potential to redo it with that banish recycling effect BUT from the other hand it suffer the same if not more then the original Mazera Deville which happen to stuck in a rather garbage deck (ironically the banish recycle effect specifically those garbage cards which means bricks for your hand). but i have certain evaluating standard that overpowered effect cannot really be balanced with overbalancing. its either trying too hard resulting in a unrefined design OR in the future as cards pools grows and retrained is demanded, cards like this is the first one to be abused. a couple of hints to inspire your fixes though; among any hand rip effect that manage to enter the metagame, Neo Spacian Aqua Dolphin manage to escape ban-list maybe you can combine Dolphin "fairness" with original Mazera somehow. 

Pot: NO, absolutely no. again overpowered vs overbalance do not equal well design cards. sure you can only use it once per match and your opponent has certain mileage from itbut its still a draw 5 which is strong as hell. its also a fact you don't really have to worry much with the match limitation if you side this for your 2nd duel

Cost up: arguebly your more balance card but i cant really agree with the design since its also a lockdown to most starter cards. sure yugioh itself did have problems by becoming special summon fest thus your normal summon wouldn't used much but it still not really justify cards like this IMO

Forest: is a bit of unrelated mish mash. you need to note that witch of the black forest is released from its from its banned status with a errata which make that card severely worse. this happen to support "thorn' monster which dont really have much member not synergy. i guess dumping DARK plant is good but the engine this card create with those 3 elements is kinda slow to a combo stater. well at least its can help you in grind game 

Madame: with a good draw engine this could be overpowered. since there no HOPT on the recycle effect and it practically combo with its own effect to keep spamming monster

The Bunny Battle Sergeant ( Ultra Rare )

Level.3

Attribute.Earth

Type.Beast

Attack.1500

Defence. 500

Effect. When this card is Special Summoned , you can Special Summon 1 card from your "Hand" or "Deck" with the word "Bunny" or "Rabbit" in its name . When this card is destroyed or sent to the Graveyard by a card effect your opponent controls you can add 1 card with the word with "Bunny" or "Rabbit" in its name from your Graveyard to your hand .

The Bunny Recruiter  ( Ultra Rare)

Level.3

Attribute.Earth

Type.Beast

Attack. 500

Defence. 2000

Effect. When this card is Normal Summoned (you can normal summon this card face up defence position) you can add 1 card from your deck with the word "Bunny" or "Rabbit" in its name . Once per turn you can Special Summon from your hand with the word "Bunny" or "Rabbit" in its name.

(I do know that these cards are extremely dangerious with Lunalights ) I could say something like these cards cannot summon or search Lunalights or something with that effect . And the whole "Wind Up Rabbit" thing

I do know that these could be overpowerdish. 

I'm far from finished with the "Bunny"/"Rabbit" Archtype.

I have a feeling these cards could do loops (if so it is not my plan or original plan)

I might make a "Fox" or "Hunter" Archtype later down the line .

Ah I really like the "Madam"  card . I heard that some people are expermenting with "Evil Thorn" with tributing 1 of them to get out 2 for Link summoning . Madam  is there to help  cards like "Evil Thorn" and being used and then reused. Madam is one of my fav cards here . I was wondering If I made a card that only worked with "Dark Attribute Plant Type Monsters" and with cards with "Thorn" in their name . It would be like Card Of Safe Return and it would be a hard once per turn and if you summoned plants or thorn cards from the graveyard as it would have a draw engine .

I know that the "Pot cards" are based on Money or Greed so I wanted to do a Pot Card but with a "Higher Purchase" clause and make the card with a a very negitive after taste (What if it is only used in the first duel of the match ? and if you could put it in your side deck you cant shift it about)

Would it be good if I made it have a very difficult activation clause and if your succesful you get the effect (although weaker the the draw 5)?

About WOTBF I'm trying to make her part of the "Thorn" Archtype well in the background  atleast.

I do know that the very old Mazera had a Hand rip but very difficult to use and you had to have to a deck based around him . 3 cards is alot of cards to discard. Would it be good and fair if it hand a hard once per duel or a hard once per match ? I'm thinking of making my version a bit different and trying to make it not so gimicky or in a gimicky deck.

Into The Rabbit Hole ( Super Rare )

Spell. Quick Play

Effect. Send 1 Monster Card on yourside of the field to your deck with the word "Bunny" or "Rabbit" in its name back to your deck then the Special Summon 1 Monster with "Bunny" or "Rabbit" from your deck to yourside of the field .

Rabbit Stew

Spell. Quick Play.

Effect. Send or Destroy (Your Choice) all Monsters with "Bunny" or "Rabbit" in its name on your opponents side of the field   . This cards effect cannot be negated . You can use this card from your hand on your opponents turn . For every "Bunny" Or "Rabbit" sent or destroyed you gain 600 lifepoints and your opponent looses 600 lifepoints for every "Bunny" Or "Rabbit" sent or destroyed on their side of the field . 

I might need help with the wording .

• BowWow changed the title to Retrained And Powered Up Cards Or Powered Down and Orginal Cards (Critiques/Advice welcome)
  • 2 weeks later...

Audition  ( Rare )

Spell. Quick Play

Effect. This card can be used from your hand during your opponents battle phase . You must tribute 1  "Cyber Tutu" (From either side of the field) then special summon 1 "Cyber Angel" or "Cyber Blader" from your hand , deck or extra deck . It is then destroyed during your stand by phase. 

Reload #2 ( Super Rare )

Spell. Quick Play

Effect. This card can be used on your opponents turn from your hand. When you activate this card you must add your hand into your deck and shuffle it and then draw 2 cards from your deck. You must have 1 or more cards in your hand to activate this this card .

( Reload # 2 could be abit of a problem)

Zera The Mant Of Darkness . (Super Rare)

Level. 8

Attribute. Dark

Type. Fiend

Attack. 2800

Defence. 2300

Effect. This card cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. This card can only be Special Summoned by from your hand by banishing 1 Dark Attribute "Zera" Monster  and 1 Dark Attribute Monster your Opponent controls. When this card is Special Summoned this way you can add 1 Light Attribute or 1 Dark Attribute Monster with 2800 Attack and 2300 defence from your Deck or Graveyard or Banished Zone to your hand . The turn this card is Special Summoned you cannot Special Summon any more monsters.

Dark Witch - The Fallen Valkyrie Of Mythology  ( Rare )

Level. 5

Attribute. Dark 

Type. Fairy

Attack. 1800

Defence. 1700

Effect. This card cannot be Special Summoned . This card cannot be Normal Summoned except by banishing 1 Dark Attribute monster your opponent controls

Darkness Of The Exiled Ones ( Rare )

Level. 4

Attribute. Dark

Type. Warrior

Attack. 1000

Defence. 1000

Effect. When this card is Special Summoned you must tribute it.  When this card is tributed you can Banish it to banish 1 card your opponent controls ( This effect cannot be negated). 

Dark Spirit Of The Pharaoh (Secret Rare)

Level. 6

Attribute. Dark

Type. Zombie

Attack. 2500

Defence. 2000

Effect. This card cannot be Normal Summoned or Set . This card cannot be Special Summoned except by banishing 3 level 4 Dark Attribute Zombie Type monsters from your hand or your graveyard or your  extra deck or your opponents graveyard. When this card is Destroyed by a card effect you must Special Summon the monsters you banished to yourside of the field.

( DSOTP) 

• BowWow changed the title to Buffs And Nerfs and Orginal Cards (Critiques/Advice welcome) . Raritys Added .

I don't want to offend you, but you should really not post in the Realistic Cards Forum, as although the name was changed to "Realistic" from "Advanced", I am pretty sure the The Advanced Clause for custom cards is still in effect. I usually really take my time to review Advanced Cards, but if you just spam cards without any form of Problem Solving Card Text and super weird mechanics, not many people are willing to take the time to decrypt and understand their effects, correcting their PSCT for you and also giving a detailed review on them.

My advice for you would be to read the OCG/PSCT Tutorial and look at official cards that have effects similar to the ones you want to write down. Furthermore you should probably post cards in the Casual Cards subforum if you are not sure whether your cards meet the Advanced Clause, as I assume I'm not the only one in this particular subforum who tries to fulfill certain requirements with his posts and reviews.

Greets,
Messoras

Archived