[OCG] Duelist Pack – Duelists of Whirlwind

https://ygorganization.com/veryfastwindmovingatincrediblehihgspeed/

デュエリストパック -疾風のデュエリスト編- (Duelist Pack – Shippuu no Duelist-hen -)
Duelist Pack – Duelists of Whirlwind

-Release Date: May 22nd, 2021
-Will contain new cards to power up the decks of 3 WIND-Attribute monster-using Duelists

First thing that came to mind was Speedroids, with Yugo on the cover, although given Duelists of Gloom, I am fully expecting curveballs thrown at us by Konami. Just because it says "3 WIND-Attribute monster using Duelists" doesn't mean that said duelist has to use that attribute exclusively. Like in the last DP, the 3 duelists featured used monsters that weren't exclusively DARK attribute, but they did use a number of them (at least three).

On another note, if the last DP is any indication, we'll probs get the cover duelist's theme get announced around mid-March like we did last time.

Perhaps some Battlewasp support maybe?  There's also Windwitch and Lyrilusc (Man, I didn't realize how much representation WIND monsters had in Arc-V)

I'd honestly be slightly annoyed if they gave more Harpie support.  It just feels like they've gotten a lot of support within the past few years.  Also, despite being WIND, I can't imagine they'd give support for Stardust (otherwise Yusei would be the cover duelist for the pack rather than Yugo).

Altergeist have a couple WIND monsters, Crystal Beast has some WIND, Ninjas have a few WIND, and Valkerie have a few WIND support cards.  These archetypes are also used by characters that could probably be ranked behind Yugo while also having play styles that aren't just Synchro-spam.  I could also see Adrian Gecko getting support (either for Cloudian or for Exodia) despite neither deck really using tons of WIND.

Mai I think we can dis-count because of the Harpie support in Legend Duelist 4. I could also see Battlewasps as well, although I think the third duelist would be from a non-Arc V series.

And on that note, one duelist which I can see as a curveball is Tron (or Vetrix in the dub), half of the main-deck Heraldic Beast monsters that exist are WIND so Konami could give us Heraldic support.

2 hours ago, Mr Melon said:

I could also see Adrian Gecko getting support (either for Cloudian or for Exodia) despite neither deck really using tons of WIND.

The only WIND Cloudian is Eye of the Typhoon, but it's considered (by name) the "boss" of the deck so maybe... question mark.

• 1 month later...

Archived