Jump to content

Isekai-based archetype


Recommended Posts

A Set/Archetype based (loosely) on the trope of Isekais (or being transported to a different world) that have been appearing in Anime as of late. 

Main Deck Monsters

mY4vwkk.png PIYyyxA.png

-Fixed Card text

N0328k9.png 5kMkLle.png

-Fixed Card Text, changed copy effect to more card adding effects.

XjTsYWy.png 9U0gcAG.png

-Fixed Card Text, changed copy effect to more card adding effects.

qshVJyB.png XUMqcfb.png

-Fixed Card text, put a time restriction on Pendulum Effect

lRreiUz.png X7Vs58m.png

-Changed text of the card

YcH8oQa.png

crjeuJ8.png Dn0RO5u.png

-Changed text of the card and ATK and DEF values

7EaxJZj.png JB90v0S.png

Kancha, Demon Lord of the Isekai's Effect (OLD VERSION)

This monster can not be Normal Summoned. This monster can only be Special Summoned by banishing 3 "Isekai" Monsters from your Face-up Extra Deck or by its own effect. When this monster is Special Summoned, target one monster in your opponent's Graveyard, banish that card, and any copies in your opponent's desk. This monster can not be targeted by your opponent's monster effects. If this monster is destroyed by anything other than an "Isekaiman" monster and sent to the graveyard, pay 500 Life Points (this is not optional), and Special Summon this monster from your Graveyard. 

Kancha, Demon Lord of the Isekai's Effect (NEW IMPROVED VERSION) -Increased Life Point cost to force death faster.

This monster can not be Normal Summoned. This monster can only be Special Summoned by banishing 3 "Isekai" Monsters from your Face-up Extra Deck or by its own effect. When this monster is Special Summoned, target one monster in your opponent's Graveyard, banish that card, and any copies in your opponent's desk. This monster can not be targeted by your opponent's monster effects. If this monster is destroyed by a monster other than an "Isekaiman" monster and sent to the graveyard, pay 1500 Life Points (this is not optional), and Special Summon this monster from your Graveyard. 

Xyz Monsters

V9FhuoS.png l4ElPrW.png

Isekaiman, Power of Friendship's Effect (OLD VERSION) 

3 Level 4 monsters
You can also Xyz Summon this card by using a Rank 4 "Isekaiman" monster you control as material. Once per turn, you can detach one Xyz material from this card. Target one Spell or Trap from your graveyard; this monster's effect becomes that effect this turn. If this card has an "Isekaiman" monster as one of its materials, this card can not be targeted by your opponent's card effects. 

Isekaiman, Power of Friendship's Effect (NEW IMPROVED VERSION) -fixed card text, removed copy ability and replaced with a recycle ability

2 Level 4 monsters
You can also Xyz Summon this card by using a Rank 4 "Isekaiman" monster you control as material. Transfer its materials to this card. Once per turn, you can detach one Xyz material from this card. Target one Spell or Trap from your graveyard; add it to your hand. If it was an "Isekai" card, give this monster 500 ATK until the end of the turn. If this card has an "Isekaiman" monster as one of its materials, this card can not be targeted by your opponent's Spell and Trap Cards. 

ongMVjv.png ucxFNf6.png

Isekaiman, Dark Future's Effect (OLD VERSION)

3 Level 4 monsters
You can also Xyz Summon this card by using a Rank 4 "Isekaiman" monster you control as material. Once per turn, you can detach one Xyz material from this card. Target one Effect Monster from your graveyard; equip it to this card. This card can now use the effect of it's equipped card once per turn. This card can only be equipped with one card by its effect. If this card has an "Isekaiman" monster as one of its materials, this card can not be targeted by your opponent's card effects. 

Isekaiman, Dark Future's Effect (NEW IMPROVED VERSION) -Fixed card text, replaced copy effect with an ATK boost and nerfed copy effect.

2 Level 4 monsters
You can also Xyz Summon this card by using a Rank 4 "Isekaiman" monster you control as material. Transfer its materials to this card. Once per turn, you can detach one Xyz material from this card. Target one Monster from your graveyard; equip it to this card. This monster gains ATK equal to half the equipped monster. If the equipped monster is an "Isekai" Pendulum monster, you can banish it to activate it's Pendulum Effect. This card can only be equipped with one card by its effect. If this card has an "Isekaiman" monster as one of its materials, this card can not be targeted by your opponent's Monster effects. 

ZEV1Kfz.png FZmW5RS.png

Isekaiman, Dark Tragedy's Effect (OLD VERSION)

3 Level 5 monsters
You can also Xyz Summon this card by using a Rank 4 "Isekaiman" monster you control as material. Once per turn, you can detach one Xyz material from this card. Target one Effect Monster from either player's graveyard; equip it to this card. If this monster destroys an opponent's monster by battle, equip it to this card. This card can now use the effect of it's equipped card once per turn. This card can only be equipped with one card by each of its effects (max 2).  If this card has an "Isekaiman" monster as one of its materials, this card can not be targeted by your opponent's card effects. 

Isekaiman, Dark Tragedy's Effect (NEW IMPROVED VERSION) -Fixed card text, replaced copy effect with ATK boost and nerfed copy effect

3 Level 5 monsters
You can also Xyz Summon this card by using a Rank 4 "Isekaiman" monster you control as material. Once per turn, you can detach one Xyz material from this card. Target one Monster from either player's graveyard; equip it to this card. If this monster destroys an opponent's monster by battle, equip it to this card. This monster gains ATK equal to half the equipped monster. This card can only be equipped with one card by each of its effects (max 2). If the equipped monster is an "Isekai" Pendulum monster, you can banish it to activate its Pendulum Effect. If this card has an "Isekaiman" monster as one of its materials, this card can not be targeted by your opponent's Monster effects. 

 

Synchro Monsters

imuR7vp.png

 99h2Gzj.png 0HSDBsS.png

Isekaiman, Draconic Knight's Effect (OLD VERSION)

"Gibbli, Isekai's Dragon Pet"+1 or more non-Tuner monsters
If this monster is targeted by an opponent's card effect, you can send one "Isekai" monster in your Graveyard back to your deck. If you do, negate the opponent's effect and choose one of the 2 following effects:
●Send the card back into your opponent's deck.
●Equip it to this card. This card can now use the effect of it's equipped card once per turn. This card can only be equipped with one card by its effect.
 

Isekaiman, Draconic Knight's Effect (NEW IMPROVED VERSION) -fixed card text, replaced copy effect with anti-destruction effect

"Gibbli, Isekai's Dragon Pet"+1 or more non-Tuner monsters
If this monster is targeted by an opponent's card effect, you can send one "Isekai" monster in your Graveyard back to your deck. If you do, negate the opponent's effect and choose one of the 2 following effects:
●Send the card back into your opponent's deck.
●Equip it to this card, and change its effect to: "If the equipped monster would be destroyed, you can destroy this equipped card instead." This card can only be equipped with one card by its effect. 

Fusion Monsters

M6W2Kh1.png 4CqjLct.png

Isekaiman, Prince of the Isekai's Effect (OLD VERSION)

"Reina, Princess of the Isekai"+ 1 "Isekaiman" card
Once per turn, target one Spell or Trap card in your graveyard, equip it to this card. This card can now use the effect of it's equipped card once per turn. This card can only be equipped with one card by its effect. If this card or any "Isekai" monster on your side of the field is targeted by an opponent's card effect, you can destroy a card equipped to this monster to negate the effect and destroy it. 

Isekaiman, Prince of the Isekai's Effect (NEW IMPROVED VERSION) -fixed card text, replaced copy effect with protection (based off Reina's effect)

"Reina, Princess of the Isekai"+ 1 "Isekaiman" card
Once per turn, when an "Isekai" monster you control is targeted by your opponent's card effect, negate the effect, and if you do, shuffle that card into the opponent's deck. If this card would be destroyed, you can banish one "Reina, Princess of the Isekai" from your GY, this card is not destroyed. 

pEg9mCd.png SfT4wRj.png

Isekaiman, Magic Everlasting's Effect (OLD VERSION)

"Mearla, Wizard of the Isekai"+ 1 "Isekaiman" Monster
When this monster is Special Summoned, search your deck for any Spell Card and add it to your hand. Once per turn, target one Spell card in your graveyard, equip it to this card. This card can now use the effect of it's equipped card once per turn. This card can be equipped with 2 cards by its effect. This card, and any "Isekai" monsters on your side of the field are uneffected by opponent's spell cards.

Isekaiman, Magic Everlasting's Effect (NEW IMPROVED VERSION) -Fixed card text, replaced copy effect with recycle effect (based off Mearla's effect)

"Mearla, Wizard of the Isekai"+ 1 "Isekaiman" Monster
When this monster is Special Summoned, search your deck for any Spell Card and banish it. Return the card to your hand on your next Standby Phase. If it is an "Isekai" Spell card, add it directly to your hand without banishing.  If this card would be destroyed, you can banish one "Mearla, Wizard of the Isekai" from your GY, this card is not destroyed. This card, and any "Isekai" monsters on your side of the field are unaffected by your opponent's Spell cards.

JLlRsxx.png mBuAs79.png

Isekaiman, Roguish Charm's Effect (OLD VERSION)

"Fumamu, Thief of the Isekai"+ 1 "Isekaiman" Monster
When this monster is Special Summoned, search your deck for any Trap Card and add it to your hand. This card can be activated without setting it first. Once per turn, target one Trap card in your graveyard, equip it to this card. This card can now use the effect of it's equipped card once per turn. This card can be equipped with 2 cards by its effect. This card, and any "Isekai" monsters on your side of the field are uneffected by opponent's Trap cards.

Isekaiman, Roguish Charm's Effect (NEW IMPROVED VERSION) -Fixed card text, replaced copy effect with recycling effect (based on Fumamu's effect)

"Fumamu, Thief of the Isekai"+ 1 "Isekaiman" Monster
When this monster is Special Summoned, search your deck for any Trap Card and add it to your hand. If it is an "Isekai" Trap card, this card can be activated without setting it first. If this card would be destroyed, you can banish one "Fumamu, Thief of the Isekai" from your GY, this card is not destroyed. This card is unaffected by your opponent's Spell cards. This card, and any "Isekai" monsters on your side of the field are uneffected by opponent's Trap cards.

ooihdD0.png Pd8zaOk.png

Isekaiman, Father of his Flock's Effect (OLD VERSION)

"Marian, Priestess of the Isekai"+ 1 "Isekaiman" Monster
When this monster is Special Summoned, search your deck for any monster and add it to your hand. Once per turn, if your opponent attempts to Special Summon a DARK monster, you can negate the summon and return it to their deck. This card, and any "Isekai" monsters on your side of the field are uneffected by opponent's card effects.

Isekaiman, Father of his Flock's Effect (NEW IMPROVED VERSION) -fixed card text, limited the power of his search

"Marian, Priestess of the Isekai"+ 1 "Isekaiman" Monster
When this monster is Special Summoned, search your deck for any monster and banish it. Return the card to your hand on your next Standby Phase. If it is a Level 4 or Lower "Isekai" monster, add it directly to your hand without banishing. Once per turn, if your opponent attempts to Special Summon a DARK monster, you can negate the summon and return it to their deck. This card, and any "Isekai" monsters on your side of the field are uneffected by opponent's Monster effects.

OEmuW2T.png 606Vm9s.png

Isekaiman, Cruel Fate's Effect (OLD VERSION)

"Reina, Princess of the Isekai"+ "Isekaiman, Traveler with Technology"
Must first be Special Summoned (from your Extra Deck) by banishing the above cards you control and/or from your GY and/or your Face up Extra Deck. (You do not use "Polymerization".) Once per turn, target one Monster in either player's graveyard, equip it to this card. This card can now use the effect of it's equipped card once per turn. This card can only be equipped with one card by its effect. If this card or any "Isekai" monster on your side of the field is targeted by an opponent's card effect, you can destroy a card equipped to this monster to negate the effect and destroy it. 

Isekaiman, Cruel Fate's Effect (NEW IMPROVED VERSION) -fixed card text, replayed copy effect with ATK boost and a nerfed copy effect.

"Reina, Princess of the Isekai"+ "Isekaiman, Traveler with Technology"
Must first be Special Summoned (from your Extra Deck) by banishing the above cards you control and/or from your GY and/or your Face up Extra Deck. (You do not use "Polymerization".) Once per turn, target one Monster in either player's graveyard, equip it to this card. This monster gains ATK equal to half the equipped monster. This card can only be equipped with one card by its effect. If the equipped monster is an "Isekai" monster, you can banish it to activate its Effect. If this card or any "Isekai" monster on your side of the field is targeted by an opponent's card effect, you can destroy a card equipped to this monster to negate the effect and destroy it. 

Link Monsters

ixYrMUs.png e12uRXM.png

-Gave him an attribute, nerfed him by potentially providing protection to your opponent as well

Spell Cards

oldVuZB.png QG4nuT8.png

-fixed card text, made card an "Isekai" card, nerfed protection to once a turn

ATFbmFO.png iQKTwNM.png

-fixed card text, nerfed copy ability to a one turn copy (Still keeping copy ability, it is supposed to be a "cheat skill"), made it into an "Isekai" card.

iO4eHyU.png yW7Osh6.png

-fixed card text, nerfed requirements to pick 2 cards, made it once per turn, made it into an "Isekai" card. 

 5DY4H9x.png 7A5ITBr.png

-fixed card text, changed it to once per turn, removed second effect (maybe the second effect will be seen in a future trap card hint hint)

wsVBMWj.png q0IhP0M.png

-fixed card text, added more cost to recycle, made an "Isekai" card

 pE6ZtTP.png bLiccbj.png

-slight overhaul, kept Banishing from your Face Up Extra Deck

Any Critique is more than welcome, and I may continue to update this archetype with more in the future!

Edited by Mr. Hyzy
  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh, nice!  I am in the process of writing a story that heavily relies on isekai tropes, lol.

In any case, I really like the lore behind these!  I can definitely see some of the inspirations and you can tell how the story plays out.  Do you have a full story behind these?

If I were looking at the cards more objectively, I would have to say they are a little bit too generic.  Copying effects is a pretty dangerous mechanic and it is really difficult to balance.  If not properly balanced or limited in some way, you could end up drawing infinite cards by copying stuff like "Reckless Greed" multiple times, or inflicting infinite burn damage.

Still, I love how much effort went into these, so I can't get too upset about it 😅

Cheers!

 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

***stares, dumbstruck***

Oh, goodness, an archetype of 25 cards, with some more cards incoming x_x.

First and foremost, thanks for the share. It's nice to see someone passionate, making a ton of cards of the stuff they like. I have a Touhou archetype which is not unlike this, with so many cards that I've never really wanted to share due to the humongous length of the post. I absolutely don't want to discourage you in making more like this in the future, but I friendly suggest that other archetypes to come are much smaller. In the competitive perspective, that's essentially better. A compact archetype with key effects full of synergy is typically more effective that a lot of cards that do a little of everything. On the other hand, as for feedback, you're more likely to receive replies. People is sometimes discouraged in reading through your post if they just can't find the end of it xD. And of course, making a valid, useful  review becomes harder as there's too much information to take in and little time to do so due to real life. Ah well, I can't talk without blame, I'm still working on something that's currently 15 cards long with 5 more incoming, hehe. Anyway, I didn't want your effort to go without replies, and I hope my posting here is the beginning of some more posting from other people.

1) Traveller from another world -

PE - If you control an "Isekai" monster or "Another World?" while this card is face-up in your Pendulum Zone: You can Special Summon as many "Isekai" monsters in your Pendulum Zones as possible.
ME - If this card is Normal Summoned: You can add 1 "Isekai" card from your Deck to your hand.

Some grammar polish, also, I have a suggestion: Add a clause that says "This cards is always treated as an "Isekai" card to all Spells, except the Adventurer Guild, or add Isekai to the Spells' names. This way, you can search for them with effects such as this one, which adds to the hand any archetypal card. Note how I omit certain wording you're using, like "the field spell", "search your Deck" or "show it to your opponent". None of these are required for the current card grammar of YGO n.n

2) Mearla - Please, can you upload the artwork for me to have? She's really pretty, I'd like to have that image. Ahem, anywho, use GY instead of Graveyard. You could use thhis formula for her effect:

Once per turn: You can target 1 Spell in your GY; banish it, and if you do, replace this card's effect with the target's until the end of this turn.

Again, only say "Add 1 Spell from your GY to your hand" instead of the search thingy. The monster effect is pretty strong in itself, I'm not sure if the prevention of using it the same turn is enough, but let's go with it. The replacement effect is too problematic though, as there are a myriad of possible cards you could copy for potentially devastating effects.

3) Fumamu - Pretty much the same as above, but for Traps.

4) Marian - Tricky, I'm not sure if this wording is correct, but let's have a go. I'll take a bit of liberty to make the effect more flexible:

PE: During the turn you have Pendulum Summoned (Quick Effect): You can send this face-up card in your Pendulum Zone to the GY, and if you do, "Isekai" monsters Pendulum Summoned while this card was in the Pendulum Zone are unaffected by your opponent's card effects

Sorry, but this card is a no. What you're offering here is almost the absolute protection, "unaffected by your opponent's card effects". Extremely unbalanced, you require to tone down the effect by making it a more partial effect, or a the same protection that only lasts during a certain phase and/or turn. The girl is sexy, tho xD

5) Reina, the Princess - Lol, well, Reina means "Queen" in spanish, so essentially she's the Princess called Queen xP.

P.E. When an "Isekai" monster you control is targeted by your opponent's card effect: You can send this card to the GY; negate the effect, and if you do, shuffle that card into the opponent's Deck.

6) Gibbli - Alrighty, now we're into Pokemon territory! When you said more cards are coming, you meant Gabite and Garchomp' xD

The card is perfect in general 👍. The effect that makes it be banished is the correct measure to balance it. There's something problematic, not because of this card, but because of the Draconic Knight. How are you going to summon him, if you need Gible Gibbli + other monsters, and you don't have other Lv 2 monsters in the deck while Knight is Lv 8 Synchro? You'll need official cards to do the trick, but given how this archetype is huge, I imagined the whole deck would be archetypla cards.

7) Traveller with Tech - Pls lower the ATK, probably BEWD stats (3000/2500) is fine.Now, here's a weird effect "Your opponent cannot use monsters with the same name". What is use? So far, there's no such a thing, so I'd advise saying something like "Your opponent cannot Summon monsters with the same name" or "Cannot activate the effect of monsters with the same name"... or both

8) Demon Lord - Welp, Demon Lord is da Demon Lord, it had to be stronk. It's not terribly overpowered, but the auto Summoning is concerning. Good thing it's only unaffected by monster effects, so there are plenty of cards to deal with it

9)Power of Friendship - Honestly, I'd rather it be 2 material for the summon, even if the ATK goes down a little, 3 monsters is a lot. Again, for the Spell-copy effect, it's too dangerous. Btw, when you do the overlay susing other Xyz, it'd be good measure to say "(Transfer its materials to this card). Final protection effect is basically a given and pretty strong, I'm not sure about that either.

10) Dark Future - Pretty much same as above

11) Dark Tragedy - Welp, this guy is pretty crazy. Sorry if I sound like a broken record, but directly copying effects is terribly strong. I'd rather make it gain half of the ATK of the equipped monster or something.

12) It's fine :)

13) Dragon Raider - Everything ok up to the second copying effect xD You could make the ATK 3000, but I also have a Touhou Synchro of Lv 8 and 3050, so lol, I can't complain

14) Prince - Dude, again the copying effect x_x

15) Magic Everlasting - .......... well.

16) Roguish - First effect is plenty strong, but cool. I'd rather these kind of add to the hand effects were limited to the archetypal cards. I needn't mention I'm against the copying Trap effect.

17) Father of His Flock - Phew, finally not a copying effect. Again, the addint to hand effect is too stronk, so perhaps making it archetypal, and even with a restriction of Lv "Add 1 Level 4 or lower "Isekai" monster from your Deck to your hand.

18) Cruel Fate - Cool, contact fusion! Not cool, it also has a copying effect lol

19) King - Our King is missing the Attribute. The effect is strong, but ok.

20) Another World? - Omit the search. "When this card is activated: You can Special Summon 1 "Isekai" monster from your Deck. Man, so many protective effects, it'll be hard to fight against these guys. I can relate to the anti-negation of summoning, that gets on my nerves too.

21) Cheat Skill? - Yeah, the effect is a cheat skill

22) - Skill Board - Ok, ok, fun and interesting. Last effect, which lets you add 2 instead of 1 card, is OP. You could add 4 vital cards with this one spell, which is no good. Keep the effect, but change the requirement: If you control 3 or more "Isekai" monsters with different names, add 2 cards from your hand instead. Also, very important: Make it so you can't use both effects in the same turn. "Except during the turn this card was sent to the GY: You can banish this card from your GY, then etc...

23) Adventurer's Guild - Ok, but make each effect once per turn clauses. Otherwise, your opponent simply cannot attack your stuff, and you can endlessly increase your ATK. No good, specially considering a lot of stuff have effect protection so the opponent's only alternative is attacks. Come on, man, give the opponent a chance.

24) Powers combined - Kinda ok, but last effect is overkill. At least, make it so you need to banish a monster you control. Banishing from the GY to lol and recover is too mild of a cost.

25) A Failed Summon - No, man, you can even banish stuff from the opponent's GY to do your thing? Also, the double level part is way too convenient. Complete revamp, pls.

I CAN'T FREAKING BELIEVE IT, I made it through them all! It took me more than an hour, lol. Btw, please take everything positively. I might have been critic to a lot of your cards, but it's all NOT with the intention of discouraging you, but to make them better. 

Welp, see ya around. Also, I see you're new to YCM, so welcome n.n

 

P.D. Only thing that worries me is that I also plan to make an Isekai theme archetype (for real for real, but you beat me to it xD) Don't worry though, it's bound to be rather different, and I want to draw myself the art for each card.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Rayfield Lumina said:

***stares, dumbstruck***

Oh, goodness, an archetype of 25 cards, with some more cards incoming x_x.

First and foremost, thanks for the share. It's nice to see someone passionate, making a ton of cards of the stuff they like. I have a Touhou archetype which is not unlike this, with so many cards that I've never really wanted to share due to the humongous length of the post. I absolutely don't want to discourage you in making more like this in the future, but I friendly suggest that other archetypes to come are much smaller. In the competitive perspective, that's essentially better. A compact archetype with key effects full of synergy is typically more effective that a lot of cards that do a little of everything. On the other hand, as for feedback, you're more likely to receive replies. People is sometimes discouraged in reading through your post if they just can't find the end of it xD. And of course, making a valid, useful  review becomes harder as there's too much information to take in and little time to do so due to real life. Ah well, I can't talk without blame, I'm still working on something that's currently 15 cards long with 5 more incoming, hehe. Anyway, I didn't want your effort to go without replies, and I hope my posting here is the beginning of some more posting from other people.

1) Traveller from another world -

PE - If you control an "Isekai" monster or "Another World?" while this card is face-up in your Pendulum Zone: You can Special Summon as many "Isekai" monsters in your Pendulum Zones as possible.
ME - If this card is Normal Summoned: You can add 1 "Isekai" card from your Deck to your hand.

Some grammar polish, also, I have a suggestion: Add a clause that says "This cards is always treated as an "Isekai" card to all Spells, except the Adventurer Guild, or add Isekai to the Spells' names. This way, you can search for them with effects such as this one, which adds to the hand any archetypal card. Note how I omit certain wording you're using, like "the field spell", "search your Deck" or "show it to your opponent". None of these are required for the current card grammar of YGO n.n

2) Mearla - Please, can you upload the artwork for me to have? She's really pretty, I'd like to have that image. Ahem, anywho, use GY instead of Graveyard. You could use thhis formula for her effect:

Once per turn: You can target 1 Spell in your GY; banish it, and if you do, replace this card's effect with the target's until the end of this turn.

Again, only say "Add 1 Spell from your GY to your hand" instead of the search thingy. The monster effect is pretty strong in itself, I'm not sure if the prevention of using it the same turn is enough, but let's go with it. The replacement effect is too problematic though, as there are a myriad of possible cards you could copy for potentially devastating effects.

3) Fumamu - Pretty much the same as above, but for Traps.

4) Marian - Tricky, I'm not sure if this wording is correct, but let's have a go. I'll take a bit of liberty to make the effect more flexible:

PE: During the turn you have Pendulum Summoned (Quick Effect): You can send this face-up card in your Pendulum Zone to the GY, and if you do, "Isekai" monsters Pendulum Summoned while this card was in the Pendulum Zone are unaffected by your opponent's card effects

Sorry, but this card is a no. What you're offering here is almost the absolute protection, "unaffected by your opponent's card effects". Extremely unbalanced, you require to tone down the effect by making it a more partial effect, or a the same protection that only lasts during a certain phase and/or turn. The girl is sexy, tho xD

5) Reina, the Princess - Lol, well, Reina means "Queen" in spanish, so essentially she's the Princess called Queen xP.

P.E. When an "Isekai" monster you control is targeted by your opponent's card effect: You can send this card to the GY; negate the effect, and if you do, shuffle that card into the opponent's Deck.

6) Gibbli - Alrighty, now we're into Pokemon territory! When you said more cards are coming, you meant Gabite and Garchomp' xD

The card is perfect in general 👍. The effect that makes it be banished is the correct measure to balance it. There's something problematic, not because of this card, but because of the Draconic Knight. How are you going to summon him, if you need Gible Gibbli + other monsters, and you don't have other Lv 2 monsters in the deck while Knight is Lv 8 Synchro? You'll need official cards to do the trick, but given how this archetype is huge, I imagined the whole deck would be archetypla cards.

7) Traveller with Tech - Pls lower the ATK, probably BEWD stats (3000/2500) is fine.Now, here's a weird effect "Your opponent cannot use monsters with the same name". What is use? So far, there's no such a thing, so I'd advise saying something like "Your opponent cannot Summon monsters with the same name" or "Cannot activate the effect of monsters with the same name"... or both

8) Demon Lord - Welp, Demon Lord is da Demon Lord, it had to be stronk. It's not terribly overpowered, but the auto Summoning is concerning. Good thing it's only unaffected by monster effects, so there are plenty of cards to deal with it

9)Power of Friendship - Honestly, I'd rather it be 2 material for the summon, even if the ATK goes down a little, 3 monsters is a lot. Again, for the Spell-copy effect, it's too dangerous. Btw, when you do the overlay susing other Xyz, it'd be good measure to say "(Transfer its materials to this card). Final protection effect is basically a given and pretty strong, I'm not sure about that either.

10) Dark Future - Pretty much same as above

11) Dark Tragedy - Welp, this guy is pretty crazy. Sorry if I sound like a broken record, but directly copying effects is terribly strong. I'd rather make it gain half of the ATK of the equipped monster or something.

12) It's fine :)

13) Dragon Raider - Everything ok up to the second copying effect xD You could make the ATK 3000, but I also have a Touhou Synchro of Lv 8 and 3050, so lol, I can't complain

14) Prince - Dude, again the copying effect x_x

15) Magic Everlasting - .......... well.

16) Roguish - First effect is plenty strong, but cool. I'd rather these kind of add to the hand effects were limited to the archetypal cards. I needn't mention I'm against the copying Trap effect.

17) Father of His Flock - Phew, finally not a copying effect. Again, the addint to hand effect is too stronk, so perhaps making it archetypal, and even with a restriction of Lv "Add 1 Level 4 or lower "Isekai" monster from your Deck to your hand.

18) Cruel Fate - Cool, contact fusion! Not cool, it also has a copying effect lol

19) King - Our King is missing the Attribute. The effect is strong, but ok.

20) Another World? - Omit the search. "When this card is activated: You can Special Summon 1 "Isekai" monster from your Deck. Man, so many protective effects, it'll be hard to fight against these guys. I can relate to the anti-negation of summoning, that gets on my nerves too.

21) Cheat Skill? - Yeah, the effect is a cheat skill

22) - Skill Board - Ok, ok, fun and interesting. Last effect, which lets you add 2 instead of 1 card, is OP. You could add 4 vital cards with this one spell, which is no good. Keep the effect, but change the requirement: If you control 3 or more "Isekai" monsters with different names, add 2 cards from your hand instead. Also, very important: Make it so you can't use both effects in the same turn. "Except during the turn this card was sent to the GY: You can banish this card from your GY, then etc...

23) Adventurer's Guild - Ok, but make each effect once per turn clauses. Otherwise, your opponent simply cannot attack your stuff, and you can endlessly increase your ATK. No good, specially considering a lot of stuff have effect protection so the opponent's only alternative is attacks. Come on, man, give the opponent a chance.

24) Powers combined - Kinda ok, but last effect is overkill. At least, make it so you need to banish a monster you control. Banishing from the GY to lol and recover is too mild of a cost.

25) A Failed Summon - No, man, you can even banish stuff from the opponent's GY to do your thing? Also, the double level part is way too convenient. Complete revamp, pls.

I CAN'T FREAKING BELIEVE IT, I made it through them all! It took me more than an hour, lol. Btw, please take everything positively. I might have been critic to a lot of your cards, but it's all NOT with the intention of discouraging you, but to make them better. 

Welp, see ya around. Also, I see you're new to YCM, so welcome n.n

 

P.D. Only thing that worries me is that I also plan to make an Isekai theme archetype (for real for real, but you beat me to it xD) Don't worry though, it's bound to be rather different, and I want to draw myself the art for each card.

Thanks for all the feedback! Don't worry, obviously I can tell your critiques are all completely genuine. I know that the copy effect is overpowered (Tyrant Neptune showed that off with just monsters) but I wanted some type of "unifying effect" for the "Isekaiman" cards. I'll definitely give them a once over to try and limit what can be done, maybe like with what you said of just having it be Archetype Spell/Trap/Monster Effects. 

 

Especially thanks for all of the fixing of card text. It has been way too long since I had sat down and rediscovered the wording for how cards should be phrased, so having just that "proofreading" is a major help.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Edits have been made to the cards, and you can see both the new version and the old version side by side to compare.

Changes were made to make the grammar more in line with modern Yugioh, and Copy effects were (mostly) gotten rid of. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Mr. Hyzy said:

Thanks for all the feedback! Don't worry, obviously I can tell your critiques are all completely genuine. I know that the copy effect is overpowered (Tyrant Neptune showed that off with just monsters) but I wanted some type of "unifying effect" for the "Isekaiman" cards. I'll definitely give them a once over to try and limit what can be done, maybe like with what you said of just having it be Archetype Spell/Trap/Monster Effects. 

 

Especially thanks for all of the fixing of card text. It has been way too long since I had sat down and rediscovered the wording for how cards should be phrased, so having just that "proofreading" is a major help.

You're welcome! I'm glad my post was of use to you. I intended to point out some more grammar stuff, but... well, tbh, doing that for 25 cards, with some of them being pendulums with 2 effects, well you get it, haha xD.

1 hour ago, Mr. Hyzy said:

Edits have been made to the cards, and you can see both the new version and the old version side by side to compare.

Changes were made to make the grammar more in line with modern Yugioh, and Copy effects were (mostly) gotten rid of. 

Wow, great! I'm seeing the changes right now. The archetype's lookin' handsome. This is just me, but in due time, I think it's ok if you delete the previous versions. Not right now, though. I might have made certain suggestions, but other members might post and give you other interesting solutions or point out alternatives.

4 hours ago, Mr Melon said:

Oh, nice!  I am in the process of writing a story that heavily relies on isekai tropes, lol.

In any case, I really like the lore behind these!  I can definitely see some of the inspirations and you can tell how the story plays out.  Do you have a full story behind these?

If I were looking at the cards more objectively, I would have to say they are a little bit too generic.  Copying effects is a pretty dangerous mechanic and it is really difficult to balance.  If not properly balanced or limited in some way, you could end up drawing infinite cards by copying stuff like "Reckless Greed" multiple times, or inflicting infinite burn damage.

Still, I love how much effort went into these, so I can't get too upset about it 😅

Cheers!

The hell, I didn't notice you posted as well until now, Tinkerer xD. Now that I think about it, I did get the "Show reply" notification but closed it as I was posting as well, lol. I'm seeing you're also into Isekai. Man, I don't know if I hate or love the genre, we're so full of it right now. I don't wanna clutter the post with stuff out of place, but I'll venture and make this one question (this goes for @Mr. Hyzy as well: what kind of Isekai are you reading/watching right now?

Mine:

Kugo Desu Ga, Nani Ka?
I've been killing Slimes for 300 years and maxed my level (lol)
Honzuki no Gekokujou
Mushoku Tensei (it's been a while since I read one manga, tho)

I haven't watched Konosuba or Re:Zero, but i'm interested in this:

Nota-Isekai-Quartet-review-03.jpg

Isekai Quartet xD

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Rayfield Lumina said:

The hell, I didn't notice you posted as well until now, Tinkerer xD. Now that I think about it, I did get the "Show reply" notification but closed it as I was posting as well, lol. I'm seeing you're also into Isekai. Man, I don't know if I hate or love the genre, we're so full of it right now. I don't wanna clutter the post with stuff out of place, but I'll venture and make this one question (this goes for @Mr. Hyzy as well: what kind of Isekai are you reading/watching right now?

I think I'm just gonna make a whole topic about it.  Don't want to derail this thread too much :P 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

i want to review this but i backing-off due to large number of cards which is often my weakness (also i prefer more dense and smaller pool if possible) so shout out to @Rayfield Lumina to done such meticulously wonderful job and for the most part i echo rayfield and melon on the balancing and wording

at least i can give you ways to clean up the post by hiding the previous version of the card in spoiler:

you can make one like below by typing *[*spoiler*]* (remove the *) that way your huge pool will be more neat looking and easier to review

 

 

Edited by Dokutah Jolly
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

@Mr. Hyzy These are very good see I like people who post threads with images of there rather then not adding an Image like some people on this site and just writing it in hard form but yeah your cards look very very nice l really like some of the old effects but i guess the new effects are still great but at least its more balanced but yeah love your cards.

Edited by Zamazenta
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...