Jump to content

Insect's Sacred Turf [written]


Sleepy
 Share

Recommended Posts

Insect's Sacred Turf
[Trap Card]

Target 1 Insect monster on the field; destroy all monsters on the field that are not being targeted by an effect.


- - - - 

NOTES:

-Inspired by the concept of "Needle Ceiling". The word "Insect" in the card was meant to instead be an archetype (that I haven't made so for now I'm posting this generic version instead) as I wanted the card to be supported by a search/recycle engine similar to that of Sky Striker Spells/Traps..... though for now, just look at it as a fun generic xD

-Examples of monsters this card is meant to not kill are any monster with an Equip Card (Spell or Union Monster works) or with some connection to a card that is on the field such as the Traps "Metalmorph", "Fiendish Chain", "Call of the Haunted". Of course any player can add to a chain with any targeting effect on the game to save their own monsters from getting destroyed, which makes this card kinda deseptively weak I think. Of course many targeting effects for cards on the field tend to have the purpose of killing said cards sooooo maybe not xD

Anyways, thoughts, comments, suggestions, corrections, w/e all welcome xP
 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The first thought that came to my mind was: Sleepy loves her avoid targeting effects.

I have a feeling that deceptively weak doesn't apply to the card. Circumstances for monsters to get targeted by card effects during the Chain in which you activate this card are complex. I believe, unless I'm wrong, that you can disregard most chain-able card effects because, as you know, Chains resolve backwards, and effects would stop targeting the monster before your effect comes into action. You'd have to use those effects that, as you mentioned, are equipments or some kind of effect that stays attached to the mob.

Sooo... mmm... it looks like... a conditioned Dark Hole which can be pretty abusable in the right Deck and has support.I suppose it's a pity Noble Knights aren't Insects or this card would be the way to go xD. I dunno, I might as well run Raigeki and be done lol, but there's also the fact that you can moooore or less select which monsters are destroyed and which aren't (I'm mostly talking here about your own with the intention of sending something to the GY)

P.D: This is like the 5th time in a row I type Raijeki instead of Raigeki and notice it's misspelled just because the word looks ugly. Why do I never learn it's with G? xD

Edited by Rayfield Lumina
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Rayfield Lumina said:

The first thought that came to my mind was: Sleepy loves her avoid targeting effects.

I have a feeling that deceptively weak doesn't apply to the card. Circumstances for monsters to get targeted by card effects during the Chain in which you activate this card are complex. I believe, unless I'm wrong, that you can disregard most chain-able card effects because, as you know, Chains resolve backwards, and effects would stop targeting the monster before your effect comes into action. You'd have to use those effects that, as you mentioned, are equipments or some kind of effect that stays attached to the mob.

Sooo... mmm... it looks like... a conditioned Dark Hole which can be pretty abusable in the right Deck and has support.I suppose it's a pity Noble Knights aren't Insects or this card would be the way to go xD. I dunno, I might as well run Raigeki and be done lol, but there's also the fact that you can moooore or less select which monsters are destroyed and which aren't (I'm mostly talking here about your own with the intention of sending something to the GY)

P.D: This is like the 5th time in a row I type Raijeki instead of Raigeki and notice it's misspelled just because the word looks ugly. Why do I never learn it's with G? xD

Would Inzektor's like this? They're insects that equip other members to themselves so it seems up their alley but I don't know how they actually play.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, Rayfield Lumina said:

The first thought that came to my mind was: Sleepy loves her avoid targeting effects.

I have a feeling that deceptively weak doesn't apply to the card. Circumstances for monsters to get targeted by card effects during the Chain in which you activate this card are complex. I believe, unless I'm wrong, that you can disregard most chain-able card effects because, as you know, Chains resolve backwards, and effects would stop targeting the monster before your effect comes into action. You'd have to use those effects that, as you mentioned, are equipments or some kind of effect that stays attached to the mob.

Sooo... mmm... it looks like... a conditioned Dark Hole which can be pretty abusable in the right Deck and has support.I suppose it's a pity Noble Knights aren't Insects or this card would be the way to go xD. I dunno, I might as well run Raigeki and be done lol, but there's also the fact that you can moooore or less select which monsters are destroyed and which aren't (I'm mostly talking here about your own with the intention of sending something to the GY)

P.D: This is like the 5th time in a row I type Raijeki instead of Raigeki and notice it's misspelled just because the word looks ugly. Why do I never learn it's with G? xD

This actually works out for the benefit of the card so I thank you for that observation.
Equips and Continuous Traps would still work as intended in the OP, but single use effects like "Rush Recklessly" chained to it would probably not, and that means this card maintains a generic out to it but encourages running stuff that's a bit less common in the game. I very much like this outcome n.n

 

 

17 minutes ago, MickeyDee said:

Would Inzektor's like this? They're insects that equip other members to themselves so it seems up their alley but I don't know how they actually play.

You'd be correct. Inzektors equip themselves an Inzektor from the GY. Usually Giga Mantis, Hornet, or Ladybug iirc.... and this card gives them a reason to not immediately pop their equip to reap their efffects.... Then again, Hornet + Dragonfly is a play that extends more the more cards the opponent has to pop, so a Raigeki-like effect like my card would probably be counterproductive in the owner's turn. On the other hand, establishing a board and then keeping the trap as disruption while your full monster lineup is carrying an equip to protect itself sounds like a pretty cool play to me xD

a Normal Trap only searchable (for now) via Trap Trick is proably a bit on the casual side but it is still probably worth keeping a note on it xP
Thanks for the comment.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, MickeyDee said:

Would Inzektor's like this? They're insects that equip other members to themselves so it seems up their alley but I don't know how they actually play.

This idea seems 100% right on track, these guys have a good variety of methods to become equipped to or by other Inzektors, even including Xyz and Link Monster effects xD. Just imagine  blasting away your opponent's mobs while your won are all cozily equipped, then you start popping the equips for the extra effects...

EDIT As I was writing this Sleepy gave a more detailed explanation of how they work lol, so I'll just shut up so we both can learn from the master xP

8 minutes ago, Sleepy said:

This actually works out for the benefit of the card so I thank you for that observation.
Equips and Continuous Traps would still work as intended in the OP, but single use effects like "Rush Recklessly" chained to it would probably not, and that means this card maintains a generic out to it but encourages running stuff that's a bit less common in the game. I very much like this outcome n.n

Glad to be of help n.n. Ahhhh... goodness gracious, Rush Recklessly... the good times. Yep, those days in which:

- Wut? Reinforcements? That's trash, dude, I have a much better card... Rush Recklessly! It's not +500 ATK, it's +700!!!!!!!!!!

- Everyone: FUUUUUUU That card is GREAT!

- Heh, I know.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...