Jump to content

Plant Support


Recommended Posts

Plant-Rejuvenation.jpg

Plant Rejuvenation

Quick-Play Spell card

You can only use the 1st and 2nd effect of this card’s name once per turn.

(1) Special Summon from your GY as many Plant monsters as possible, but banish them during the End Phase of this turn.

(2) If this card is in your GY: You can shuffle this card into the Deck; choose 5 cards from your Deck, place those cards on the top of your Deck in any order, for the rest of this turn after this card resolves, any damage you take is halved while you control a Plant monster, also you gain 800 LP for each Plant monster you control and in your GY. 

Fairy-Life-Tree.jpg

Fairy Life Tree

Continuous Spell card

You can activate the 1 card with this card’s name once per turn.

(1) Any damage you take from cards and effects, you gain that much LP, instead, also while this card is face-up on the field, you cannot Special Summon monsters, except Plant monsters.

(2) Once per turn, if a Plant monster you control activate it's effect you can discard 1 card then, apply 1 of these effects. You cannot apply that same effect of "Fairy Life Tree" for the rest of this turn.
●Special Summon 1 Plant monster from your hand.
●Send 1 card your opponent controls to the GY.
●Randomly send 1 card from your opponent's hand to the GY, but it cannot activate its effects.
●Send 1 Plant monster you control or from your hand to the GY, and if you do, draw 2 cards. 

Forest-Trap.jpg

Forest Trap

Continuous Trap card

You can only use the 1st and 2nd effect of this card’s name once per turn.

(1) During the Main Phase: You can banish 1 card on the field, then if you control a Plant Monster you can inflict 1000 damage to your opponent, also if you control only Plant monsters, apply 1 of these effects.
●Take control of 1 monster your opponent controls, but it cannot attack or activate its effects. 
●Add 1 Plant monster from your Deck or GY to the hand.
●Banish 1 monster your opponent controls, face-down, and if you do, inflict damage to your opponent equal to that monster's original ATK.

(2) During the Damage Step, when Plant monsters you control battles: You can make those monsters gain ATK equal to the ATK of the opponent's monster their is battling, until the end of this turn.

Mystical-Tree-of-the-Cosmics.jpg

Mystical Tree of the Cosmics

Level 8 LIGHT Plant Fusion Effect Monster

ATK 2500

DEF 2800

Materials: 3 Plant Monsters with different names

You can only use the 1st and 2nd effect of this card’s name once per turn.

Must be either Fusion Summoned, or Special Summoned by shuffling the above monsters into the Deck, from among your cards on the field, in your GY, and/or your face-up banished cards.

(1) During your Main Phase: You can target 1 card you control, then target 1 Plant monster in your GY; destroy the first target, then add the second target to your hand, then you can add to your hand as many monsters with that same name as possible from your GY.

(2) If this card is sent to the GY: You can Special Summon from your Extra Deck 1 Plant monster, except "Tree" Fusion monsters, also you cannot activate monster effects or Special Summon monsters for the rest of this turn, except Plant monsters. 

Mystical-Tree-of-the-Cosmic-of-Disasters

Mystical Tree of the Cosmic of Disasters

Level 9 DARK Plant Fusion Effect Monster

ATK 3000

DEF 2800

Materials: 4 Plant Monsters with different names.

Must be either Fusion Summoned, or Special Summoned by shuffling the above monsters into the Deck, from among your cards on the field, in your GY, and/or your face-up banished cards.

(1) If this card is Special Summoned: You can return both the opponent's monster and 1 Plant monster you control to the hand, and if you do, take damage equal to half the combined original ATK of those returned monsters, then inflict damage to your opponent equal to the damage you took.

(2) At the start of the Damage Step, if this card battles a Special Summoned monster: You can return that monster to the hand, and if you do, gain LP equal to that monster's original ATK.

(3) Once per turn, when a card or effect is activated (Quick Effect): You can destroy 1 monster your opponent controls, and if you do, inflict damage to your opponent equal to that monster's original ATK, then if you control another Plant monster you can draw 1 card.

Evil-Tree-of-the-Outer-Nightmares-Entiti

Evil Tree of the Outer Nightmares Entities

Level 11 DARK Plant Fusion Effect Monster

ATK 3600

DEF 3200

Materials: 5 Plant Monsters with different names

You can only use the 4th effect of this card’s name once per turn.

Must be either Fusion Summoned, or Special Summoned by shuffling the above monsters into the Deck, from among your cards on the field, in your GY, and/or your face-up banished cards.

(1) Unaffected by monster effects, except Plant monsters.

(2) You can shuffle Plant monsters from your GY into the Deck, and you if do, gain 500 LP and inflict 300 damage to your opponent for each one you shuffled into the Deck by this effect.

(3) Twice per turn, when another monster's effect is activated, while you control other Plant monsters (Quick Effect): You can negate the activation, and if you do, destroy that monster, and if you do that, inflict damage to your opponent equal to that monster's original ATK.

(4) During the End Phase (Quick Effect): You can send 1 card from your hand to the GY; add 1 Plant monster from your Deck to your hand, and if you do, gain LP equal to that monster's original ATK.

Edited by Zefra Zamazenta
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I find the monsters and some of the spell/trap effects interesting but I don't think you'd appreciate a more in depth review as you came out as very in support of Power Creep whereas virtually all my suggestions for improvements would be to tone down the cards in some way.

 

At the least, I think this one would be helpful to you - your Dark Cosmic Trees should specify they must be fusion summoned or be Special Summoned by the effect of a Plant monster then have "You can special summon this card from your Extra Deck (without Polymerization) by returning the above materials from your field, GY or that were banished face up to your deck" as another clause. That way it is clear that Mystical Tree of the Cosmos can summon them with its 2nd effect which I assumed was the intent.

Edited by MickeyDee
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

FTK plants wow this is way too ridiculously OP but somehow I can't break it. You better believe this would make plants competitive, sunvine, aromage, sylvan. I don't know why but there is a beauty to this. This would 100% get lonefire blossom banned.

Life tree: (1) Any damage you take from cards and effects, you gain that much LP, instead, also while this card is face-up on the field, you cannot Special Summon monsters, except Plant monsters. Either only have this during your turn or only work on effect damage

●Randomly send 1 card from your opponent's hand to the GY, but it cannot activate its effects. Maybe consider taking out the it cannot activate it's effects?

 

Trap: (1) During the Main Phase: You can banish 1 card on the field. Please make this a card you control.

 

Cosmics: (2) If this card is sent to the GY: You can Special Summon from your Extra Deck 1 Plant monster, except "Tree" Fusion monsters, also you cannot activate monster effects or Special Summon monsters for the rest of this turn, except Plant monsters. I don't know how to fix this but the wording isn't very clear on whether or not you get no monster effects or only plant monster effects for the rest of the turn.

 

Disasters: (3) Once per turn, when a card or effect is activated (Quick Effect): You can destroy 1 monster your opponent controls, and if you do, inflict damage to your opponent equal to that monster's original ATK, then if you control another Plant monster you can draw 1 card. Maybe only destroys the card that activated and instead of drawing a card if you control a plant you can pick any card and deal flat ~1000 damage idk.

 

Trees: Must be either Fusion Summoned, or Special Summoned by shuffling the above monsters into the Deck, from among your cards on the field, in your GY, and/or your face-up banished cards. Please specify where you can summon from (I hope only from extra deck)

 

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, Zefra Zamazenta said:

Plant-Rejuvenation.jpg

Plant Rejuvenation

Quick-Play Spell card

You can only use the 1st and 2nd effect of this card’s name once per turn.

(1) Special Summon from your GY as many Plant monsters as possible, but banish them during the End Phase of this turn.

(2) If this card is in your GY: You can shuffle this card into the Deck; choose 5 cards from your Deck, place those cards on the top of your Deck in any order, for the rest of this turn after this card resolves, any damage you take is halved while you control a Plant monster, also you gain 800 LP for each Plant monster you control and in your GY. 

Anyone remember Akiza's Plant Deck? Something tells me Akiza would've loved to have this against Yusei when he wiped the floor with her in Season 1.

21 hours ago, Zefra Zamazenta said:

Fairy-Life-Tree.jpg

Fairy Life Tree

Continuous Spell card

You can activate the 1 card with this card’s name once per turn.

(1) Any damage you take from cards and effects, you gain that much LP, instead, also while this card is face-up on the field, you cannot Special Summon monsters, except Plant monsters.

(2) Once per turn, if a Plant monster you control activate it's effect you can discard 1 card then, apply 1 of these effects. You cannot apply that same effect of "Fairy Life Tree" for the rest of this turn.
●Special Summon 1 Plant monster from your hand.
●Send 1 card your opponent controls to the GY.
●Randomly send 1 card from your opponent's hand to the GY, but it cannot activate its effects.
●Send 1 Plant monster you control or from your hand to the GY, and if you do, draw 2 cards. 

Konami has 1 word for this card: banlist.

The first 3 effects are fine but that draw 2 every turn is just an engine effect.

21 hours ago, Zefra Zamazenta said:

Forest-Trap.jpg

Forest Trap

Continuous Trap card

You can only use the 1st and 2nd effect of this card’s name once per turn.

(1) During the Main Phase: You can banish 1 card on the field, then if you control a Plant Monster you can inflict 1000 damage to your opponent, also if you control only Plant monsters, apply 1 of these effects.
●Take control of 1 monster your opponent controls, but it cannot attack or activate its effects. 
●Add 1 Plant monster from your Deck or GY to the hand.
●Banish 1 monster your opponent controls, face-down, and if you do, inflict damage to your opponent equal to that monster's original ATK.

(2) During the Damage Step, when Plant monsters you control battles: You can make those monsters gain ATK equal to the ATK of the opponent's monster their is battling, until the end of this turn.

So the first effect is essentially a conditional Meteor of Destruction coupled with Change of Heart, Sangan, or Nightmare Wheel.... you see this is already OP.

Also, the second effect is effectively a double Metalmorph.

21 hours ago, Zefra Zamazenta said:

Mystical-Tree-of-the-Cosmics.jpg

Mystical Tree of the Cosmics

Level 8 LIGHT Plant Fusion Effect Monster

ATK 2500

DEF 2800

Materials: 3 Plant Monsters with different names

You can only use the 1st and 2nd effect of this card’s name once per turn.

Must be either Fusion Summoned, or Special Summoned by shuffling the above monsters into the Deck, from among your cards on the field, in your GY, and/or your face-up banished cards.

(1) During your Main Phase: You can target 1 card you control, then target 1 Plant monster in your GY; destroy the first target, then add the second target to your hand, then you can add to your hand as many monsters with that same name as possible from your GY.

(2) If this card is sent to the GY: You can Special Summon from your Extra Deck 1 Plant monster, except "Tree" Fusion monsters, also you cannot activate monster effects or Special Summon monsters for the rest of this turn, except Plant monsters. 

The summon requirement is "recycle the materials" - this is all fine and dandy (you see what I did there?) for plants.... but on to the effects. I'm fine with the trade effect of "sac this card to get a monster to your hand - but let's look at the fact that this trade can become a +2 from the GY of all places. So this can't summon another Tree. Oh well, I guess Flower Wolf will have to do....

21 hours ago, Zefra Zamazenta said:

Mystical-Tree-of-the-Cosmic-of-Disasters

Mystical Tree of the Cosmic of Disasters

Level 9 DARK Plant Fusion Effect Monster

ATK 3000

DEF 2800

Materials: 4 Plant Monsters with different names.

Must be either Fusion Summoned, or Special Summoned by shuffling the above monsters into the Deck, from among your cards on the field, in your GY, and/or your face-up banished cards.

(1) If this card is Special Summoned: You can return both the opponent's monster and 1 Plant monster you control to the hand, and if you do, take damage equal to half the combined original ATK of those returned monsters, then inflict damage to your opponent equal to the damage you took.

(2) At the start of the Damage Step, if this card battles a Special Summoned monster: You can return that monster to the hand, and if you do, gain LP equal to that monster's original ATK.

(3) Once per turn, when a card or effect is activated (Quick Effect): You can destroy 1 monster your opponent controls, and if you do, inflict damage to your opponent equal to that monster's original ATK, then if you control another Plant monster you can draw 1 card.

Recycle materials to fusion summon, effect 1 is bounce + burn, effect 2 is bounce + heal, and effect 3 is destroy/burn and a conditional +1.

21 hours ago, Zefra Zamazenta said:

Evil-Tree-of-the-Outer-Nightmares-Entiti

Evil Tree of the Outer Nightmares Entities

Level 11 DARK Plant Fusion Effect Monster

ATK 3600

DEF 3200

Materials: 5 Plant Monsters with different names

You can only use the 4th effect of this card’s name once per turn.

Must be either Fusion Summoned, or Special Summoned by shuffling the above monsters into the Deck, from among your cards on the field, in your GY, and/or your face-up banished cards.

(1) Unaffected by monster effects, except Plant monsters.

(2) You can shuffle Plant monsters from your GY into the Deck, and you if do, gain 500 LP and inflict 300 damage to your opponent for each one you shuffled into the Deck by this effect.

(3) Twice per turn, when another monster's effect is activated, while you control other Plant monsters (Quick Effect): You can negate the activation, and if you do, destroy that monster, and if you do that, inflict damage to your opponent equal to that monster's original ATK.

(4) During the End Phase (Quick Effect): You can send 1 card from your hand to the GY; add 1 Plant monster from your Deck to your hand, and if you do, gain LP equal to that monster's original ATK.

Recycle materials to summon, anti-plant immunity, recycle + heal/burn, conditional negate/destroy + burn, discard/search + heal

 

These few cards could be expanded into a very functional deck with each of these effects making a fairly decent stand alone and given that each effect is locked to plants, it already has something going for it.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/24/2021 at 11:29 PM, Horu said:

Anyone remember Akiza's Plant Deck? Something tells me Akiza would've loved to have this against Yusei when he wiped the floor with her in Season 1.

Yes

Konami has 1 word for this card: banlist.

The first 3 effects are fine but that draw 2 every turn is just an engine effect.

I mean it is kinda strong but the draw 2 is hand neutral discard one of anything and send a plant from hand or field to GY. 

So the first effect is essentially a conditional Meteor of Destruction coupled with Change of Heart, Sangan, or Nightmare Wheel.... you see this is already OP.

Also, the second effect is effectively a double Metalmorph.

I like that you picked Meteor of destruction (which already is situational) but the others are more like: mind control, ROTA (for plants), Ring of destruction (but banish instead of destroy)

and why did you forget honest exist it is literally honest for plants.

Your analogies for forest trap were painful because they were almost good

The summon requirement is "recycle the materials" - this is all fine and dandy (you see what I did there?) for plants.... but on to the effects. I'm fine with the trade effect of "sac this card to get a monster to your hand - but let's look at the fact that this trade can become a +2 from the GY of all places. So this can't summon another Tree. Oh well, I guess Flower Wolf will have to do....

...Flower wolf is a beast lmao. Anyway I agree with everything else.

Recycle materials to fusion summon, effect 1 is bounce + burn, effect 2 is bounce + heal, and effect 3 is destroy/burn and a conditional +1.

100%

Recycle materials to summon, anti-plant immunity, recycle + heal/burn, conditional negate/destroy + burn, discard/search + heal

yep

These few cards could be expanded into a very functional deck with each of these effects making a fairly decent stand alone and given that each effect is locked to plants, it already has something going for it.

absolutely I love this

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...