Jump to content

Slooshy Slides in!


Recommended Posts

1252541957_SlooshyL.thumb.png.d80b55783cd94834a44df3c24a5a5574.png

Slooshy

WATER         Level 2

Aqua / Effect

This card's name is also treated as "Slushy" while banished or in the GY. If you would activate the effect of "Slushy" on the field (Quick Effect): You can reveal this card in your Deck; this card's name becomes "Slushy" during this chain. If this card is sent to the GY by a card effect: You can send up to 2 WATER monsters from your Deck to the GY including a "Slushy", unless you control a face-up "Slushy" . You can flip this banished card face-down, then target any number of "Slushy" banished or in the GY; Normal Summon 1 of them, then Special Summon the rest (if any). You can only use each effect of "Slooshy" once per turn.

ATK 0 / DEF 0

 

Hello, fellow card makers! Today I bring to you an attempt to make Slushy engines more viable. Heck if I know if this will work, 'cause I'm no super expert, but this should be fun to use. The card has 4 whooping effects, but two of them are just name changing, so don't be afraid. The problem with making this card was how to avoid the "Maximum of 3 rule". I couldn't have this card be treated as "Slushy" all the time, so I made that crafty evasion: Only when a Slushy is on the field and would activate its effect, you can reveal the card and make it another Slushy. Since at the very least 1 Slushy is out of the Deck, there's no way that you exceed the 3 copies in the Deck, and by revealing and not using a wording such as "When a "Slushy" activates its effect, this card is treated as "Slushy", I avoid all copies of this card to apply the effect, only the revealed one. Genius xD. Third effect is possibly the most controverted of the set, and I'm ready to receive my punishment xP. In a generic way, if sent to the GY, sends 2 WATER mobs to the GY as well, including Slooshies or Slushies. Brutal? Probably, so I'm all ears if you think it should be fixed. At some point, the effect activated when Normal Summoned like Slushy, but that allowed it to apply the last effect, and I said no. And talking about the last effect, it's just a lot of fun as you would be able to easily summon stuff like Toadally Awesome and other Rank 2s among other thingies. This is strong, but let's keep it mind it all depends on Slushies, so it's not like this is free of risks. Finally, to apply this effect, it flips face-down while banished. I considered this to be enough to keep it out of play, but I'm aware that cards like Paleozoic Leanchoilia can make a tremendous combo with this card (it targets banished cards without specifying info). There's also PSY-Framelord Omega and... welp, Infernoid Terra lol.

I think this card is fun, but my opinion doesn't matter, but yours! What do you think?

And @Zefra Zamazenta, unless I'm wrong, this card is strong, but not completely OP. 4 effects, as I've been telling you, but two of them are just name changing. No immunities, negatings or crazy stuff, just a 0/0 monster doing some cute combos. I thought I'd be nice to show you this.

Edited by Rayfield Lumina
Balanced a bit, thanks to Sleepy
  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Fascinating. You evade the Harpie clause that'd prevent you from running OG Slushy while you still find a way for OG Slushy to pull this from the Deck. Not only that but it sets up the effect of Slushy making it live more often.

I mentioned how much I love this idea, having used a Slushy engine at some point in time myself..... but now that I think about it, I do have a couple suggestions for the sake of balance.
First, the dumping effect can be a pretty generic double one that doesn't need of Slushy to happen. I'd suggest something like at least 1 of the 2 WATER monsters it sends always needing to have "Slushy" in the text, unless you control a Slushy. That way you are not furthering spam from Nimble monsters through Foolish Burial and stuff like that..... you'd at least ensure you are running the Slushy engine when taking full advantage of it.

Other than that, I'm trying to come to a conclution about the power of the revive effect. It Normal Summons 1, Specials whatever excess you might have, which very well could be 5 Slushy cards, including ones that were already banished for their effects..... I think it is fine for a couple reasons. 
-First, I've used Slushy enough to realize its hard OPT effect is waaaaay slow so the banishing pace is slow to a grind... you deserve to recycle the banished ones and even gain fodder for stuff if you've survived that long... and if you have less than 5 you are still Normal Summoning 1 that's gonna dump the remaining ones from the Deck. I do hope you realize you are essentially creating 3 Toadally Awesomes from thin air in the best case scenario xD
-Second, from what I understand, Slushy needs "3 total" and I suspect it has actually not been addressed because nothing in the game IRL has warranted it, but it might be Dark Armed Dragon ruling (which means exactly 3 Slushy monsters are required for the effect to be live, 4+ will disrupt it. This would mean your flipping 1 down and reviving the others is the best fix for this issue.

If anything, it makes Slushy worth playing, which is fair. For other themes this would have been broken but Slushy very much needs this sort of thing. Great card overall xD

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, Sleepy said:

Fascinating. You evade the Harpie clause that'd prevent you from running OG Slushy while you still find a way for OG Slushy to pull this from the Deck. Not only that but it sets up the effect of Slushy making it live more often.

I mentioned how much I love this idea, having used a Slushy engine at some point in time myself..... but now that I think about it, I do have a couple suggestions for the sake of balance.
First, the dumping effect can be a pretty generic double one that doesn't need of Slushy to happen. I'd suggest something like at least 1 of the 2 WATER monsters it sends always needing to have "Slushy" in the text, unless you control a Slushy. That way you are not furthering spam from Nimble monsters through Foolish Burial and stuff like that..... you'd at least ensure you are running the Slushy engine when taking full advantage of it.

Other than that, I'm trying to come to a conclution about the power of the revive effect. It Normal Summons 1, Specials whatever excess you might have, which very well could be 5 Slushy cards, including ones that were already banished for their effects..... I think it is fine for a couple reasons. 
-First, I've used Slushy enough to realize its hard OPT effect is waaaaay slow so the banishing pace is slow to a grind... you deserve to recycle the banished ones and even gain fodder for stuff if you've survived that long... and if you have less than 5 you are still Normal Summoning 1 that's gonna dump the remaining ones from the Deck. I do hope you realize you are essentially creating 3 Toadally Awesomes from thin air in the best case scenario xD
-Second, from what I understand, Slushy needs "3 total" and I suspect it has actually not been addressed because nothing in the game IRL has warranted it, but it might be Dark Armed Dragon ruling (which means exactly 3 Slushy monsters are required for the effect to be live, 4+ will disrupt it. This would mean your flipping 1 down and reviving the others is the best fix for this issue.

If anything, it makes Slushy worth playing, which is fair. For other themes this would have been broken but Slushy very much needs this sort of thing. Great card overall xD

Ohooo, the Harpie clause, that's a nice way to call it. Yep, tbph, I loved how that avoid turned out xD

Alrighty soo, it turns out the effect I was most concerned about was the black sheep of the herd! So yeah, thanks for the suggestion, it's now fixed n.n

I'm unsure about the number required... it truly sounds like it really needs 3, but the difference with DaD, or the Elemental Lords, for instance, is that they clearly say "exactly". E.g. ...by having exactly 3 DARK monsters in your GY. I dunno if this particular word makes the whole difference. At any rate, if that's the case, yeah, the flipping face-down should work.

So yeah, version 1.1 is there, hope it's enough n.n

Thanks!

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Not a big fan, personally. The from-Deck effect feels like a can of worms because it's the first of its kind. Although some Charmers, Familiars and Metalmorph monsters can play themselves from the Deck, they do so by a summoning condition, not an effect that activates. Granted, it's not a plusing effect and I don't find it a as problematic effect, just the idea of effects activating in the Deck make me shiver a bit. I would prefer a typed/written/condition that treats it as a valid card for Slushy instead.

Then, there is the last effect. Normal Summoning 1 Slushy and summoning the rest feels greedy to me. I get it's barely played and kinda needs power effects if it wants any shot at meta play, but still looks like pushing it to me, IDK. I would prefer if it returned the rest to the GY instead to "re-stock" their in-GY effects and keep the Serpents coming. Not to mention that I see what you intent there: both are Level 2 Aquas and that means... Toadally Awesome plays.
The mill effect looks okay. Milling monsters can be quite potent, and getting Slushies sooner in the GY should be good if your deck plays with it or with Sea Serpents.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Rayfield Lumina said:

I'm pretty sure I know what you mean, but care to elaborate?

Well you can spam the necessary monsters needed to tribute for the god cards then if you take the Obelisk route, you can tribute 2 Slushies to wipe your opponent's board. The scary part of this is you can all 3 god cards out in 6 turns then you could just drop them to summon Horathky (if it was legal).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

58 minutes ago, Darj said:

Not a big fan, personally. The from-Deck effect feels like a can of worms because it's the first of its kind. Although some Charmers, Familiars and Metalmorph monsters can play themselves from the Deck, they do so by a summoning condition, not an effect that activates. Granted, it's not a plusing effect and I don't find it a as problematic effect, just the idea of effects activating in the Deck make me shiver a bit. I would prefer a typed/written/condition that treats it as a valid card for Slushy instead.

Yep, I decided to do this in the knowledge that there are monsters that can Special Summon themselves from Deck pretty much "out of thin air" as long as the conditions required are present on the field. In a sense, those monsters are testimony that there is "awareness of effects of monsters on the Deck", if you want to call it that way. So you can shiver all you want, but this is valid xD (or at the very least valid in an experimental scenario). But yeah, I' willing to hear you if you have a suggestion on how to word a "typed/written/condition". I did consider it on the process of making the card, but as I stated somewhere in my description, a general condition that doesn't activate would most likely apply for all the copies on the Deck, screwing with the Maximum of 3 rule. It'd be cool to find a wording that can still avoid it.

1 hour ago, Darj said:

Then, there is the last effect. Normal Summoning 1 Slushy and summoning the rest feels greedy to me. I get it's barely played and kinda needs power effects if it wants any shot at meta play, but still looks like pushing it to me, IDK. I would prefer if it returned the rest to the GY instead to "re-stock" their in-GY effects and keep the Serpents coming. Not to mention that I see what you intent there: both are Level 2 Aquas and that means... Toadally Awesome plays.
The mill effect looks okay. Milling monsters can be quite potent, and getting Slushies sooner in the GY should be good if your deck plays with it or with Sea Serpents.

I'm thinking about this. Not removing the Normal Summoning, I'm firm it requires that strength, but I'm considering the idea of moving the banished ones to the GY. In essence that'd be less steps to Summon the Serpents, because yeah, I mentioned it in the description: Toadally Awesome, among other Rank 2s like Cat Shark or Mannequin Cat, mwahaha.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/16/2021 at 4:45 PM, Horu said:

Well you can spam the necessary monsters needed to tribute for the god cards then if you take the Obelisk route, you can tribute 2 Slushies to wipe your opponent's board. The scary part of this is you can all 3 god cards out in 6 turns then you could just drop them to summon Horathky (if it was legal).

Welp yeah, I suppose this card together with Slushy is an engine powerful enough for that kind of plays. It makes use of already spammy stuff like Frogs and Nimbles, it should give you plenty of fodder to do your God stuff... funny how a lot of the time the things Gods do the best is wiping out people... interesting xD.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/17/2021 at 12:49 AM, Rayfield Lumina said:

Yep, I decided to do this in the knowledge that there are monsters that can Special Summon themselves from Deck pretty much "out of thin air" as long as the conditions required are present on the field. In a sense, those monsters are testimony that there is "awareness of effects of monsters on the Deck", if you want to call it that way. So you can shiver all you want, but this is valid xD (or at the very least valid in an experimental scenario). But yeah, I' willing to hear you if you have a suggestion on how to word a "typed/written/condition". I did consider it on the process of making the card, but as I stated somewhere in my description, a general condition that doesn't activate would most likely apply for all the copies on the Deck, screwing with the Maximum of 3 rule. It'd be cool to find a wording that can still avoid it.

I'm thinking about this. Not removing the Normal Summoning, I'm firm it requires that strength, but I'm considering the idea of moving the banished ones to the GY. In essence that'd be less steps to Summon the Serpents, because yeah, I mentioned it in the description: Toadally Awesome, among other Rank 2s like Cat Shark or Mannequin Cat, mwahaha.

Yes, the Normal Summon effect can stay. I'm mostly concerned about SSing the rest.

For the "treated as Slushy" clause, thinking something like this could work:

If you would send "Slushy" from the Deck to the GY by the effect of "Slushy" that activates when it is Normal Summoned, you can send this card from the Deck to the GY instead.

But IDK

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Darj said:

Yes, the Normal Summon effect can stay. I'm mostly concerned about SSing the rest.

For the "treated as Slushy" clause, thinking something like this could work:

If you would send "Slushy" from the Deck to the GY by the effect of "Slushy" that activates when it is Normal Summoned, you can send this card from the Deck to the GY instead.

But IDK

I'm liking this, but I have a doubt. Would this wording allow all copies of Slooshy to be the "instead". I mean, that sounds very unlikely, but let's think about this in a mechanical way. You Normal Summon Slushy and search for your Deck for another Slushy to send to the GY. As per Slooshy's effect, you can send it to the GY instead, but the part that says "this card" is essentially not limited to one copy of Slooshy, but all of them in the Deck, which... perhaps would be able to send themselves at the same time to the GY since they all are applying their effect. I know this probably sounds silly and I might be overlooking something obvious, but I'm unsure how this would work.

Honestly, I like the current version more, as it's clearer and more innovative, though I admit the activation from Deck effects is something to tread with care.

~~~~~

Hey @Sleepy I'd like to have your opinion too, please n.n. Would you think it's a good idea to nerf the flip face-down the banished Slooshy to Special Summon effect, so it moves the other Slushy/Slooshy to the GY? It'd be hitting this card's power quite a bit, though it will adjust faster the number of critters in the GY in order to Summon the Sea Serpents. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

There shouldn't be any misunderstanding because Slushy only mills 1 Slushy with the NS effect. But if you want to be safe, make the edit so it says "If you would send 1 "Slushy" from the Deck to the GY by the effect of "Slushy" that activates when it is Normal Summoned...."

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Rayfield Lumina said:

Welp yeah, I suppose this card together with Slushy is an engine powerful enough for that kind of plays. It makes use of already spammy stuff like Frogs and Nimbles, it should give you plenty of fodder to do your God stuff... funny how a lot of the time the things Gods do the best is wiping out people... interesting xD.

I find it funny that the only way to successfully use the god cards, you have to run super spammy cards to get them out by turn 2 otherwise, the whole deck goes down the drain since anything later just reduces the god's impact on the game.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Umm well... it IS a pretty bonkers effect to grant a swarm + a Normal Summon, and to grab from all the banished (AKA spent ammo for +revives of bosses). 
Though again, Slushy's revival/banishing bit is painstakingly slow and I daresay "casual" in what it can bring out for the most part. You don't really have to worry about the banished ones even running out to begin with when you have 6 turns worth of them at any given time.... sooooo the "return banished ones to GY" frankly speaking is almost useless. You are just as likely to just recycle them and resend them via Pot of Acquisitiveness or return them via Burial from a Different Dimension and it'd be very much dead weight unless you have an untainted setup (your Level 5+ WATERS don't get D.D. Crowed or something) and do survive/elongate the duel a fair bit. Control would not be easy to maintain throughout that much time.

That leaves us with the Normal/Special Summon bits. I couldn't mind something moderated like "add 1 banished Slushy to hand and immediately Normal Summon".
That is if you do think the swarm is a big issue.

I think personally that being able to make a ridiculous Toadally Awesome x3 board is kind of your payoff for running Slushy to begin with... I would even go as far as to say it is fair if you got to pull this all off. Sure they are effective WATER Foolish Burials now but WATER has plenty of that already. Atlantean Prince can't even be negated because it dumps as cost and whatever else is a bonus for example.....

buuuut yeah, you could do something like the above "Normal 1 from GY" suggestion I gave or a "Special Summon 2" if you want more bodies to come to the field at the expendure of no Normal Summon benefits.... ummm is this what the inquiry was? or did I go on a tangent already? xD

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Sleepy said:

Umm well... it IS a pretty bonkers effect to grant a swarm + a Normal Summon, and to grab from all the banished (AKA spent ammo for +revives of bosses). 
Though again, Slushy's revival/banishing bit is painstakingly slow and I daresay "casual" in what it can bring out for the most part. You don't really have to worry about the banished ones even running out to begin with when you have 6 turns worth of them at any given time.... sooooo the "return banished ones to GY" frankly speaking is almost useless. You are just as likely to just recycle them and resend them via Pot of Acquisitiveness or return them via Burial from a Different Dimension and it'd be very much dead weight unless you have an untainted setup (your Level 5+ WATERS don't get D.D. Crowed or something) and do survive/elongate the duel a fair bit. Control would not be easy to maintain throughout that much time.

That leaves us with the Normal/Special Summon bits. I couldn't mind something moderated like "add 1 banished Slushy to hand and immediately Normal Summon".
That is if you do think the swarm is a big issue.

I think personally that being able to make a ridiculous Toadally Awesome x3 board is kind of your payoff for running Slushy to begin with... I would even go as far as to say it is fair if you got to pull this all off. Sure they are effective WATER Foolish Burials now but WATER has plenty of that already. Atlantean Prince can't even be negated because it dumps as cost and whatever else is a bonus for example.....

buuuut yeah, you could do something like the above "Normal 1 from GY" suggestion I gave or a "Special Summon 2" if you want more bodies to come to the field at the expendure of no Normal Summon benefits.... ummm is this what the inquiry was? or did I go on a tangent already? xD

You could always run Ultimate Offering and that could boost the potential quite a bit.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...