Pokemon Scarlet & Violet

Sleepy

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/6/2022 at 2:07 PM, Sleepy said:

What are your thoughts on it so far people?

well, it's been a while since the trailer was released, so IDK if you'd care about my opinion anymore xD, But...

In general terms, it's 90% negative. There's essentially nothing in the video that attracts me in the slightest.

- The graphics, one of the most debated topics in regard to this series, are rather bad quality. I won't delve too deep into this. There's people who says they don't care as long as the game play is good. I just say that Pokemon is among one of the 10 most important gaming franchises in the entire world, with tens of millions of fans. If they think it's ok to deliver stuff that looks more like a Wii game than something that belong to this gen, I just feel they're inherently showing their contempt towards the fans, as in, we know they'll eat any kind of shit, so yeah, let's go with that.

- The design is boring in general, with generic, unappealing places all over it. MCs could be NPCs in other games, and speaking of NPCs, no really, it's not that I hate the game for some reason and I'm exaggerating in my critic, but yeah, there's so far, NO NPC I like.How is that even possible? Not the rival/friend or whatever she is, not the professors, or the trainers/Gym Leaders that appear in the video, I'm simply surprised how did they manage that. I dislike SwSd too, but there are many character designs I like. Both Gloria and Victor are ok, Sonia is beautiful, Nessa, Bea and Klara, nice, Marnie is oddly cute, the champion (don't know the name lol) ok too... so yeah. But here? Omg, eww.

-The pokemon. So far, the only salvageable part of the entire thing, and funnily enough, probably the most important, the selling factor (which won't be enough to make me even consider playing it but can be determining for other people that share my point of view about the other points, at least to a certain extent). The legendaries, if they're that, are ok while not on wheels. People is excited about them being vehicles? IDK, but not me, nor the fact that they seem to be obtainable early game, which is a novelty that just didn't go with me. As for the rest. 1 excellent starter, Sprigatito, one ok, Fuecoco, one Meh, Donald. The rest of the other revealed pokes are pretty damn solid, with possibly the exception of the deformed whale, and a special mention to Fidough, my current favorite from them all. Perrito de Pan let's go.

-The Gimmick. Terastallization seems to be hit n' miss stuff. Just as the rest, damn boring, but gameplay-wise, I'd give it a pass. As lame as it is, such a gimmick should have less of an impact on the metagame, as it doooesn't seem to be capable of causing the same issues Dynamaxing is guilty of. Aesthetically-wise, it's another meh.

So yeah, best moment in the Trailer: 1:06 . And no, I don't like the old lady NPC in charge of the bakery either lol. No NPC liked

• 1 month later...

Archived