5 Recommaned Linux Distros for Beginners just switching from Windows, Mac OS, or even Wrose Chrome OS (Outdated)

Zamazenta the OS-Tan Fan

fullscreen_with_apps.png&sp=1665786209T03e3df62ef264373924e5052ffc2b1d1b183581e6d434232bc3bb992413d3f5e

KDE Neon
A Rich and Beautiful Linux Desktop for Beginners and Novice Linux users alike just getting into a Real Linux Distro/Desktop Environment for those who haven't used Linux before this is a specially great for Windows users especially because of the terrible release of Windows 11 or something like that well KDE Neon uses the KDE Plasma Desktop Manager for its GUI and for those who like Mac you might find it pretty or especially Chrome because to get away fucking Google's F*cking ass Spyware OS that isn't even that F*cking good to begin with because Chrome OS is not an Operating System its just a browser that turns an OS into an Internet/Could Thing and its built by Google its not Open Sorce I'm getting off track here But yes Chrome OS is Linux its based on something called Gentoo you can easily install it on your Chromebook and completely get rid of Google Chrome and because you Wipe out Windows, Mac, or whose Chrome be sure to back up your things but yeah KDE is good they are willingly agree if something they added or removed was bad or good please support the KDE Community with love this is the OS of choice I might use when Windows 10 goes to end of support. If you wanna support the Community and just get involved or just download it on your machine I will leave you the link below.
https://neon.kde.org/download

image.png.75503596423e8c7099ce4b090341f787.png

Ubuntu LTS
Love it or Hate it, Ubuntu revolutionized Linux and the Linux Desktop and it was considered the first user friendly Linux Distro and it was free at a time where not alot of Linux Distros where both free and user friendly Ubuntu is a fork of Debian it first debute was back in 2004 at the time where Linux was the uncool kid in the desktop space compared to everybody's favorite Windows Operating System Windows XP, but that didn't stop Ubuntu from gaining popularity among Linux Users it also now considered the most Hated Distro while it still being popular its not like their Evil or anything its just bad things that happened in the past and some bugs in the OS decreasing the stability of the OS with something called snap packs. Link is down below.
https://ubuntu.com/download

image.thumb.png.6494f96ab168deb27cec5e9f770b6e16.png

Linux Mint
Hey Windows Users, Looking for something familiar with something close to the older and more Legacy look of Windows before the days of Windows 8 well here I got something for you its called Linux Mint it comes in 3 flavors Cinnamon, MATE, and Xfce the 3 flavors which can be chosen deepening on your hardware is it low end, mid end or high end? you can look at more of this when you click the link to look at it and download it today Linux Mint has overtaken Ubuntu's Thrown as king of the beginner and user friendly distros and its still currently the most popular with beginners which would have to be former Windows users who got tried of Microsoft's Bullshit! Link is down below if you wanna download it.
https://www.linuxmint.com/download.php

Elementary_OS_%2522Odin%2522.png&sp=1665800799T3f33e452ae56977a683f1e096903dd4559b1cc685cded087449bf0005b3a89f9

Elementary OS
Remember what I said for Linux mint you could almost say the same about this OS but instead of Windows take Windows user and replace it with a Mac User if Mint was an alternative for Windows users you could say the something about Elementary but for Mac users its UI its stunning and beautiful way better then F*cking Chrome OS I would never ever touch Chrome OS ever again I would rather Distro hop between these 5 Linux Distros then using F*cking Chrome OS man whats with the HATE for Chrome OS but yeah Elementary OS is beautiful and looks nicer then Chrome OS Links down below.
https://elementary.io/

I had so much fun doing the research for all of these Linux Distros and writing up reviews and my takes on each one while bashing on Google's OS Chrome OS since I really hate that F*cking Operating System and it sucks and collects your personal data.

I Edited Because he text is too long so I will put it here instead: Opps instead of using Wrose for Chorme OS I used Whorse also I made some changes to the images by updating, fixing and removing some and Replacing Distros on this thread Fedora might not be so User Friendly to Windows Users because Pure Gnome is not User Friendly out of the box for Windows Mac and even Wrose Chorme Uses you need Extensions just to make Gnome usable so I therefore I will be removing Fedora but not Ubuntu cause it has a modified version of Gnome shell. Also Fedora is really only geared towards developers and could services.

3 minutes ago, Zamazenta the OS-Tan Fan said:

@Rayfield Lumina How come this thread doesn't get attention nor does nobody like the effort behind my research I only aim to guide users to a good part for Operating System?

I'm sorry, Zama, I missed your first tag.

Ummm... man, what can I say? What you said about you being better at computer stuff is very much true. I don't know, I never had decent classes on the matter and it never stuck with me, and hell if I regret that, because I'm in the process of trying to acquire a new laptop and I wish I knew what specs I should look for, or what brands are better than others, and precisely what OS I should use.

Before this chromebook, I had a PC with Linux Mint. I kind of hated it because there were a ton of things I couldn't use, particularly stuff that worked as .exe files. I had Wine for that but it didn't work with many things. Now I have the chrome OS and I wish I had Linux Mint lol. As I already said, I'm trying to decide what OS to use, and "Beginners and Novice users of Linux" in KDE  Neon sounds like me, but I wonder if I'll be able to install all the emulators I want as well as certain games, though my top priorities would be to be able to use Discord proficiently and that I don't have trouble to use a graphic tablet when I finally get one, though I imagine that is of no concern in regards of the OS, but rather the device and the Photo Editor, which need compatibility.

I'm sorry your thread is not getting more attention, thanks for bringing your research over here

4 minutes ago, Rayfield Lumina said:

Ummm... man, what can I say? What you said about you being better at computer stuff is very much true. I don't know, I never had decent classes on the matter and it never stuck with me, and hell if I regret that, because I'm in the process of trying to acquire a new laptop and I wish I knew what specs I should look for, or what brands are better than others, and precisely what OS I should use.

Before this chromebook, I had a PC with Linux Mint. I kind of hated it because there were a ton of things I couldn't use, particularly stuff that worked as .exe files. I had Wine for that but it didn't work with many things. Now I have the chrome OS and I wish I had Linux Mint lol. As I already said, I'm trying to decide what OS to use, and "Beginners and Novice users of Linux" in KDE  Neon sounds like me, but I wonder if I'll be able to install all the emulators I want as well as certain games, though my top priorities would be to be able to use Discord proficiently and that I don't have trouble to use a graphic tablet when I finally get one, though I imagine that is of no concern in regards of the OS, but rather the device and the Photo Editor, which need compatibility.

I'm sorry your thread is not getting more attention, thanks for bringing your research over here

Yeah that's the sucky part for most Windows users theres also Wine or Bottles to emulate Windows Software @Rayfield Lumina Hey you know what you could install 1 of these Linux Distros and overwite the partiton of Chrome OS so it alawys boost into these OSes or Zorin OS? Maybe once you have that new Laptop cause Linux Distros are alawys support unlike Chrome OS which google ened support on a 2010 model which makes that model kinda useless now without scuirtyu updates because of hackers

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/17/2022 at 6:56 PM, Rayfield Lumina said:

@Rayfield Lumina Actually Ray today on a VM I created I installed KDE but I haven't used Linux before 2022 of October this was my first time and it was belfry I managed to break the OS so I had to reinstall but If you can back it up or reinstall it via a USB I think you'll be fine and oh for your all emulator and video game problems I'll have a friend give me an ISO link so you can just install a VM in KDE then install Windows via the VM your running on your KDE neon machine it's a really fun Linux Distro and its easy to learn. That might be how I use Windows going forward if I ever Switched to Linux. But Don't be afraid to get your feet wet using Linux you can do a Live Session using a USB or install it on a VM before wiping your Windows Install. You can download Refus and burn KDE Neon to it I might use Zorin but I like KDE.

Edit: I Forgot to tell you that You can also install KDE alongside Windows just on another partion of the same drive Windows is installed in Windows normally likes to go for the (C): Drive which is 1 of the partions so you could still use your favorite programs that way...

Go to Disk Mangment and format and Resize it to a need amount here I just give you a video instead. But what ever you do please follow the warnings of installing Linux while Windows is on your Machine to speak of you might have to hit either F8, F9, F10, F11, or F12 to go to the BIOS/UEFI and disable Secure Boot but please be warned that this can cause damage to your Windows OS that is installed to your Machine cause Windows Might not work after if you try to play with Secure Boot. Now here's an Image and a Video.

www.thumb.JPG.f6460709e6fa4b6866a76caaac86646d.JPG

@Rayfield Lumina Today I found an old desktop I downloaded the wrong Ubuntu install I burned a OEM version and it was really hard to uninstall like I had to corrupted and damage the data of Ubuntu OEM version 16.10 and it try to reinstall so I said no and unplug the machine then I was able to boot Zorin OS off of my USB after it kept being me to the Ubuntu boot manager I even tried going into the Bios to kill of Ubuntu OEM I shouldn't have installed it I learnt my lesson I guess Linux is a place where you can make alot of Mistakes but I was able to install Zorin on that old Desktop after awhile man that wads a pain if it was not KDE breaking on me cause the GUI was black and Firefox wouldn't close and when I tried to press Restart on KDE it kept giving me errors and I had to wipe KDE neon off the hard drive entirely I guess if you don't break it tough a Terminal then it's either trough a GUI or trying to install programs incorrectly but if you fail the first time second time is the try if you fail the second try I guess third time is the try with Zorin and I will install Oracle Virtualbox and install Windows 10 Pro on it.

So what do you think of my story Ray the Noob Linux Experience even with beginner Linux Distros you can still break them even without using the Terminal  commands Linux is about Terminal 1 person said but soon I will  try even more Linux Distros when I get more USBs.

But don't let this fear of breaking Linux get in your way Linux is to get your feet wet and know with the Linux Environment and grow as a Linux user so you can move up the ranks let this be a lesson to you.

Also I will keep practicing getting better at Linux and trying to use Windows from within Oracle Virtualbox the more I do this the more I can move away from a Windows Environment and closer to Linux Environment so whenever I need to boot up Windows I will spin up my Windows Virtual Machine so I can do the things I need to do.

I Really Wish Windows was still what it used to be with Good'ol Windows 7 and I miss it alot :'(

Oh yeah about running Programs on Windows this guy might be able to help you he is very good I watch him alot ExplainingComputers and besure to watch is playlist.

4 minutes ago, Rayfield Lumina said:

You store flies with it? Are you an entomologist---SHOT

Alright, alright, just kidding xD

Yeah I don't really use the Browser he installed on it tough I do like to look at it because he tried to make it look like a Hybrid with the UI using Customization to make it look like Windows 7 and 8 and he keep some Windows 10 aspects of it. Oh yeah I only learnt about Chrome Remote Desktop because of him.

• Zamazenta the OS-Tan Fan changed the title to 5 Recommaned Linux Distros for Beginners just switching from Windows, Mac OS, or even Wrose Chrome OS (Updated)

I've been using Mint Xfce for some months now on an old personal computer from 2010/2011 that can't handle Ubuntu xD. I had some problems while configuring my monitor (just that its resolution wasn't available by default), but other than that it's a pretty solid system. I'd still preffer Ubuntu as a beginner friendly option, but maybe that's just me biased since it was my first distro back then

9 hours ago, kyop said:

I've been using Mint Xfce for some months now on an old personal computer from 2010/2011 that can't handle Ubuntu xD. I had some problems while configuring my monitor (just that its resolution wasn't available by default), but other than that it's a pretty solid system. I'd still preffer Ubuntu as a beginner friendly option, but maybe that's just me biased since it was my first distro back then

Yeah that's nice Linux Mint and Ubuntu.

But... I have been considering using either Zorin OS or KDE Neon.

12 hours ago, Zamazenta the OS-Tan Fan said:

Yeah that's nice Linux Mint and Ubuntu.

But... I have been considering using either Zorin OS or KDE Neon.

From what I've read, Zorin is good to use straight out of the box and KDE Neon you'll have to install some apps manually. At the end of the day, it'll come down to if you want to mess a bit with linux or just use your computer for whatever purpose without much of a headache xp

• Zamazenta the OS-Tan Fan changed the title to 5 Recommaned Linux Distros for Beginners just switching from Windows, Mac OS, or even Wrose Chrome OS (Outdated)

Archived