+ IIb - Grade 1 Explanation
+ IIc - Grade 2 Explanation
+ IId - Grade 3 Explanation
• III - Controversial Choices
• IIII - How to play...
+ IIIIa - Against
+ IIIIb - With[/b]

[center][b][u]I - Clan Overview[/u][/b]

[url="http://cardfight.wikia.com/wiki/Dark_Irregulars"][img]http://i.imgur.com/s0p0s.jpg[/img][/url][/center]
[center][size=1]Click on the above for a link to the entire list of [b]Dark Irregular[/b] cards.[/size][/center]

[b]Dark Irregulars[/b] are a clan which have been in the game since [b]BT01: Descent of the Knight King[/b], however they first only recieved four cards. They was then expanded in a pack mainly focused around them called [b]BT03: Demonic Lord Invasion[/b]. However, it wasn't until the 3rd Cardfight!! Vanguard manga that they recieved the boss which would put them at a significant advantage to most decks.

[b]Dark Irregulars[/b] are a clan which appear to focus around soul charging, however to think this would actually be a lie. They solely need 6~8 cards in the Soul, which can easily be acquired from the combination of Vampir and Anchor late game. After you've acheived this, there is no longer a need to keep piling them up into the soul. The clan is mainly a [u]beatdown aggro[/u] clan right now, focusing on pumping up to insanely high levels for their grade and smashing into the opponent.

[b][u]II - Dark Irregular: Build Explanation[/u][/b]

To start off with, I will first explain why I play [i]Dark Queen of Nightmareland[/i] over what most people like to play, [i]Puppet Master of the Netherworld[/i]. I play Dark Queen simply because of the fact that she can return to the Deck and, late game, this would be essential seeing as how the deck tends to deck out fairly quickly with the [i]No Life King Death Anchor[/i] riding. It will also guarantee me the last hit and help aims towards the theme of getting 6~8 in Soul early game. Everything else should be fairly simple to understand.

[u]IIb - Grade 1 Explanation[/u]

• [i]Jet Black Poet Amon[/i] - A Grade 1 with 6k that, with 6 or more in soul, gains an additional 3k. Early game, he's a pretty dead card. Sure, that might be the case... But the fact that he can boost any RG by 9k during late game is something nearly never seen by other clans. Especially considering how this + his gr2 brother [i]Aspiring Demon, Amon[/i] equals a grand total of 20k together. For just RGs!

• [i]March Rabbit of Nightmareland[/i] - Should be fairly simple to understand, the null guard of the deck that should never be forgotten.

• [i]Prisoner Beast[/i] - The ideal choice for the Starting Vanguard. 8k is something which is incredibly good all the way throughout the game, whether it's to be placed on the front row as an aggro tool or to be placed on the backrow as a key boosting tool.

• [i]Devil Child[/i] - This will be, to most people, a controversial choice. However, I have sound reasoning for running what is to be one of my favorite [b]Dark Irregulars[/b]. [i]Devil Child[/i] is a card that usually has the standard 6k, but gains another ability when 6 or more are in Soul. When it boosts the Vanguard with 6 or more in Soul, the unit gains an additional 4k. This means that, when [i]No Life King Death Anchor[/i] has used it's skill, your opponent will either have to waste an incredible amount of advantage on stopping what will be the 33k with 2 Criticals... or be forced to waste a nullguard. Either way, this is an incredible aggro tool. However, in any higher numbers, it becomes a dead card quickly.

[u]IIc - Grade 2 Explanation[/u]

• [i]Werewolf Sieger[/i] - Another choice of preference for my Vanguard, alongside with [i]Aspiring Demon, Amon[/i] depending upon how many I happen to have in my soul at the time. Werewolf Sieger may just be a 10k vanilla, but he brings to the table the amount of aggro you'd tend to find from clans such as [b]Nova Grapplers[/b]. Amazing aggro tool, never play less than 4.

• [i]Aspiring Demon, Amon[/i] - One of the best Rearguards to have late game, however an incredibly mediocre one too early. [i]Aspiring Demon, Amon[/i] is a Grade 2 with 8k that gains an additional 3k whenever 6 or more are in soul, just like his Grade 1 counterpart [i]Jet Black Poet Amon[/i].

• [i]Knowledge Drunkard[/i] - The best Rearguard to have early game by far. When his attack hits the Vanguard, you can add 1 card in hand to Soul and then proceed to draw a new card. This is amazing for freeing up all of those pesky Grade 3s that you might be drawing in place for a few shields or perhaps some more aggro tools for your big explosion next turn.

[u]IId - Grade 3 Explanation[/u]

• [i]No Life King Death Anchor[/i] - Ahhhh, this will be fun. [i]No Life King Death Anchor[/i] is the main win condition of the deck, as it well deserves to be. [i]No Life King Death Anchor[/i] has three different abilities. While 8 or more [b]Dark Irregulars[/b] are in soul, he gains an additional 1k while Vanguard permanently. This puts him up there with the usual 11ks running around right now. The second allows you to Soulcharge 1 card for him to become 2k more powerful until the end of the turn. Being rewarded for such a... crucial skill late game is something nearly unseen of. It not only makes sure you have the right amount in soul to completely push for game, it allows makes sure that [i]No Life King Death Anchor[/i] has enough to smash into the like of [i]Dragonic Overlord: The End[/i] without a boost! However, the last skill is what really sets this bad boy apart from the rest of the Grade 3s in the game! While you have 5 or more unflipped damage when [i]No Life King Death Anchor[/i] declares an attack, you can add them all to soul to give him an additional 10k power and Critical until the end of the turn! During the End Phase, however... You do take the top 5 cards of your deck and place them on Damage, therefore missing the option to potentially activate up to 5 triggers. However, this final ability is amazing when combined with the likes of the aggresive Grade 1 line-up. At the bare minimum, you should be hitting for at least [u]31k[/u] with [i]No Life King Death Anchor[/i]... with 2 criticals!

• [i]Stil Vampir[/i] - So now you're probably asking yourself one question. "Oh, why do you play any other Grade 3s if Death Anchor is so amazing?" The answer to that is simple. [i]Stil Vampir[/i] is the same as [i]No Life King Death Anchor[/i] in the regard that he can Soulcharge 1 to gain 2k at the beginning of the Main Phase... But that's not why you play it. Oh no, you play it for something far more serious. Let's say your opponent was massively down on advantage, but now you know they have the nullguard. Your opponent has a vangaurd that you know your current Rearguards won't be able to hit into. That's when [i]Stil Vampir[/i] becomes useful. [i]Stil Vampir[/i] has a Mega Blast skill <<Counter Blast 5, Soul Blast 8>>, which is incredibly easily set-up in this deck, that allows you to [u]turn one of your opponent's Rearguards into their Vanguard for the turn![/u] This means that the 8k that they was boosting with throughout the duration of the turn? You're stepping up to the spotlight for the turn! However, this card has an incredible double-edged sword to it. If you do not finish your opponent this turn, you do lose. Your opponent can get any card from their Soul and make it the Vanguard. This means that your opponent can just re-ride the thing that they had at the beginning of the turn. As well as this, you no longer have the ability to use any cards in your damage for [i]Stil Vampir[/i] or [i]No Life King Death Anchor[/i], meaning that you can no longer aggro your opponent into the ground any more!

[center][b][u]III - Controversial Choices[/u][/b][/center]

• [i]Alluring Succubus[/i] - I can guarantee that many of you without experience of this deck will be thinking about why this does not have a space in my deck at all. It's because it's bad. Really. I don't want to be soulcharging an incredible amount, as [i]No Life King Death Anchor[/i] tends to deck you out a lot anyway. As well as this, 7k is inferior to the usual standards of 8k or so minimum that I have late game. I don't want to play this because honestly, it would just take up space.

• [i]Imprisoned Fallen Angel, Sarael[/i] - This is something that I really wanted to talk about. See, I actually wanted to play this card. I wanted to play this card really badly. An 11k that has a rather easy to pay restraint cost late game, what's not to love, right? However, the issue with this is that space is an issue. I can't find space for her and I'd much rather not take out the tools that I have which are good all game for tools which are solely good for late game. If you really MUST play her, take out a Grade 2 Amon and a Drunkard.

[center][b][u]IIII - How to play...[/u][/b][/center]
[u]IIIIa - Against[/u]

This is something that most of you should probably take a good note of if you want to be able to play better against them.

• [u]First thing: Do not waste resources blocking damage which you can easily survive.[/u] If you do this, you will be at a clear disadvantage when your opponent finally plays down their [i]No Life King Death Anchor[/i] and smashes into you for a minimum of 31k. Really, you will regret it.

• [u]Second thing: Nullguards are the most godly things in the entire match-up, so do not waste them![/u] They make your life a lot easier when having to deal with [i]No Life King Death Anchor[/i], assuring you won't take 2+ damage from a single attack and keeping you in the game with plenty of resources to go.

• [u]Third thing: Do not bother with the opposing Rearguards early game.[/u] They will rarely ever cause you any trouble and, if anything, will just poke you once or twice throughout the duration of the Grade 0 - 2 period. Focus on giving the opponent the 5 damage they want, then completely swarm them once they have it. If they're not finished off by the time that you get them down so low, they'll have such a low hand count that they most probably won't be able to recover.

• [u]Fourth thing: Baiting Nullguards is good.[/u] Don't mind wasting your resources a bit to have to bait out one of of the opponent's nullguards in this match-up. Doing so will ensure that they don't have their lifeline to stop them from losing, so it's most probably best that you waste advantage to get rid of it!

[u]IIIIb - With[/u]

Obviously the Starting Vanguard will be be Vermillion Gatekeeper, so just start with that so you get a free Soul Charge. In your opening hand, you should at least try to get [i]Jet Black Poet, Amon[/i] or [i]Prisoner Beast[/i] for your opening Grade 1 ride play and [i]Werewolf Sieger[/i] or [i]Knowledge Drunkard[/i] for your Grade 2 play. [i]Aspiring Demon, Amon[/i] and [i]Devil Child[/i] are not good early game, so if you draw into any of them mulligan them. Also, shields in DI are not all that good early game either. You may want to mulligan most, if not all, of them. If you get [i]No Life King Death Anchor[/i] in your hand, do not mulligan it. However, mulligan [i]Stil Vampyr[/i].

Now you want to play down the Grade 1 that you've got. This should be a fairly simple stage honestly, seeing as how it's basically the same as every other Grade 1 phase. Just ride down the [i]Prisoner Beast[/i] or [i]Jet Black Poet, Amon[/i] if you have it, [i]March Rabbit of Nightmareland[/i] if you're having a bad hand. Do not ride [i]Devil Child[/i]. Don't play many rearguards at this phase, except for a booster for the Vanguard if you have it.

Grade 2 phase, go. This is where things become extremely interesting. At this phase, you want to be prepping yourself for your boss monster. At this point, throw down [i]Werewolf Sieger[/i] or [i]Knowledge Drunkard[/i] as your Vanguard. Afterwards, play down as many Grade 2s as you possible can in your frontrow. After all of this is done, you want to be attempting to poke the opposing Vanguard with everything you can. If your opponent has some pesky rearguards that you want to get rid of (like 10k intercepters), feel free to do so with [i]Werewolf Sieger[/i].

AS soon as you hit Grade 3, that's when the deck's aggro really starts to show. You really, REALLY want to be playing down [i]No Life King Death Anchor[/i], or else you won't be able to aggro your opponent to hell and back with just a [i]Stil Vampir[/i]. However, I will be giving you appropriate advice, depending upon which Grade 3 you decide to ride:

• [i]No Life King Death Anchor[/i]: This is potentially the best thing to be doing. If you can't do this, you'll be at a severe disadvantage. Anyway, start off with the obvious Soulcharge 1 for the additional 2k until End. The additional 2k really does help when you begin to fight with things such as [i]Dragonic Overlord: The End[/i]. After this, you need to make sure you have 8 or more in Soul, at the very minimum 6. By this time you should have a minimum of 5, so getting 6 shouldn't be that much of a deal. You can easily acheive 6 by using one of the Triggers in the Deck: [i]Hysterical Shirley[/i]. [i]Hysterical Shirley[/i] will allow you to add her to soul (6 in soul, goal acheived.) to soul charge 1 (7, one more until No Life gets 11k perm). Then, you can always attempt to poke with a card such as [i]Knowledge Drunkard[/i] to get that final card into the soul.

Now, battling with [b]Dark Irregulars[/b] is extremely important. Your Rearguards want to be getting rid of any intercepts that your opponent might have, while also trying to bait the good old shields. Cards such as [i]Werewolf Sieger[/i] and [i]Aspiring Demon, Amon[/i] shine the most during this time period, because of the amount of power they get just for focusing on the main aim of [i]No Life King Death Anchor[/i]'s skill. Afterwards, you want to swing with [i]No Life King Death Anchor[/i]. If your opponent has a rather large hand (6 or more cards.), it may not be worth using the add 5 to soul to gain 10k + crit. If they have a relatively mediocre sized hand to a small hand, you should go for it. Large hands will barely be hit by [i]No Life King Death Anchor[/i]'s skill, as they will most probably have a nullguard within those few cards. Smaller hands will have to give up precious advantage that they may want to keep for their own explosion. Even them using a nullguard right now will harm their advantage more than harming the advantage of a larger hand, simply because you're getting your Twin Drive still.

• [i]Stil Vampir[/i]: The game's going to be extremely difficult for you if you have to ride this over [i]No Life King Death Anchor[/i]. Simply because of the fact that you're missing out on the amazing aggresion tool which is the other Grade 3. However, this is still not a bad option. Your opponent will be hesitant to attack you while you have this as a Vanguard, [u]so make sure you have plenty of guards and don't waste them right now[/u]. Your opponent will try to finish you in one go if you have [i]Stil Vampir[/i], so make sure you do have a lot to stop their assault.

There are a few advantages to having [i]Stil Vampir[/i] on the board though. Your opponent will be forced to try and finish you in one go, perhaps giving you the 5 damage you really need. As well as this, your opponent will be more cautious about putting boosters on the board. Because of this, your opponent will be left with crippled units as they can't get boosted to levels which you can barely block. Again though, these advantages are really pushed aside by the fact that you can't focus on aggro as much as you could do.

[size=2]*Note: I am absolutely terrible at DIs. I hate them and they hate me. So all the below could be nothing more than stupidity.[/size]

After closely looking at every card I've come to a conclusion....its perfect.

I get what you mean by wanting to play Fallen Angel, I've been trying to find room for it but nothing is working. Although, at the same time, I don't think its needed. The G2 Amon is better late game and could also be useful mid game, which Fallen Angel can't. I'd say the most pressing issue is how well you're doing with 11 Grade 2s? Of course, you are probably doing fine, but its right on the edge imo.

Anyway, great deck and great guide. I'm going to have to come up with something too. Good thing school is out in two weeks.

[quote name='Legend Zero' timestamp='1334925291' post='5919829']
Its so beautiful. T-T
Excuse me while I copy your formatting.

Watch all of this change drastically when Booster 7 comes out. XP
[/quote]

Sure, go for it. Also, I need to go and put ~BT06 in the title.

[quote name='Legend Zero' timestamp='1335148187' post='5923042']
I'm curious, how would you prefer to run your trigger lineup? 8 Critical?
[/quote]

I actually like Stand Triggers if I'm entirely honest with you. Seeing as how your opponent will be dropping null/extreme advantage on Anchor, it gives me a chance to swing with something else.

Archived