Yu-gi-oh! Zexal: Counting to Infinity [IC Thread]

Admiral_Stalfos19

Spectral moved faster than his compatriot, dashing straight at James, and...patted his hand on his shoulder, before doing such a pointless thing as explaining. [color=darkblue]"Not really, but sometimes Xyz monsters tend to latch onto the host's soul... Numbers, you know? So that makes just snatching them away a tad bit hard."[/color] He clarified. The two crimson wings on his back folded up and merged back into his purple body. [color=darkblue]"And besides, you humans amount to a billion-ish."[/color]

After that, he floated up and did a somersault as he went over to Sephora.

[color=darkblue]"Hey, the duel hasn't even started yet. These new Meklords help us counteract the power of Xyzes, so you sure it's a good idea to show it to everyone?"[/color] He pointed out, right in front of James.

Apparently, he was already endangering the mission by carelessly surrendering such important information instead of being mysterious about it. Then he turned back to the human.

[color=darkblue]"Even though we both speak in the same color, you're kinda boring."[/color] He continued. [color=darkblue]"Sephy? Feel free to face him yourself, I'll look out for any other- ooohhhh, a stray cat! I mean Numbers."[/color]

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sephora faceplamed after Spectral explained the use of their Meklords right in front of the Holder, but she might as well just run with it now. [color="#800080"]​Yes what my colleague said is correct, and yes we like killing off you humans with Xyz monsters, more so you humans with the Numbers, for the reason my colleague explained. Is there anything he missed... oh right see I don't care whether you have an Xyz monster or not I just like killing off you humans. Now shall we get this duel started, you can go first you'll need the advantage, [/color]Sephora replied as she removed Sunnel from the duel disk and replaced him into her deck, which was then shuffled. Then casting a cruel smile at James said, [color=#800080]filthy human no matter what you do we will prevail, we are unstoppable. Do you know what will be your very undoing to? Its the same thing that makes you imperfect, your humanity. You humans care to much for each other, well you know what I will enjoy ripping that bond apart piece by oh so painful piece.[/color] With that Sephora floated into the air laughing hysterically waiting for James to make his move.

Behind Aivea came a slow clapping sound as a man walked up to her. He was tall with some muscle to his body, of African heritage, and dressed in military clothing, complete with a black beret with a green stripe. Around his left ear was a slender black and grey earpiece with a small microphone extending down from it, and he had a strange-looking backpack. [color=#808000]"Hello, there."[/color] He greeted as he approached with a calm baritone. [color=#808000]"You must be Aivea Kaiba. Are you familiar with a young man named Chris Cortez and a young lady named Atsuko Fudo? I believe you encountered them some time ago, if my information is correct."[/color]

Following closely to the group in the hospital was a very slight whirring sound. Anyone perceptive enough to look at the ground behind the men heading to see James and Maverick would see a very slight shimmer outlining something a bit smaller than a common household microwave following them. The strange device would occasionally swerve out of the way of a passing gurney or nurse, but it would keep trained on the ones it was told to tail. After all, they were the ones that would help it reach its target...

[color=#0000CD][color="#222222"]James walked forward, activating his duel disk as he did so, and with a fairly flat voice said, [/color]"If you really believe yourself to be so confident, then so be it, it matters not to the state of the duel. I'll go first then as you wish, draw. Normal Summon, Photon Sabre Tiger, and use your effect to add another copy of you to my hand. Then I'll set two cards, turn end."[/color] In front of James, a tiger made entirely out of energy emerged, before letting off a loud roar to call another from the deck. Then, behind the tiger, the telltale signs of set spells or traps appeared, the two giant versions of his reverse cards emerging quickly. James passed the turn over to his new opponent, keeping a neutral, almost bored look on his face as he did so. [color=#0000CD]"I may dislike the Xyz monsters but in times like this, they do have their use at times, so until I can get rid of all of them somehow, I'll make use of them to protect my own life from whatever race or species you people are."[/color]

LP: 4000
Hand: 4
Field: Photon Sabre Tiger (1200 ATK), Two Set cards.

Jane brought her bike to a quick stop, her gaze fixed on the nearby park.

[i]That's definiately not that Ignis thing, but it's similar, and the number seems to have the same response to it.[/i]

The bike rumbled as it glided over to a parking space, before the engine went silent. As Jane turned back to the huge mechanical thing, however, it vanished. At that moment, she had the horrible thought that it had claimed another victim, but common sense was quick to kick in and point out that the machine had been inactive the entire time. So, either it's user was leaving, or someone had just entered a duel.

She began to run, barely glancing to check the street was clear before hurtling across the road and through the park gates. At best, a solid lead on these monsters was getting away. At worst...well, it just had to be hoped that whoever was dueling could find away past that machine before it did too much damage to them. Mapping out the approximate location of the Meklord, Jane ducked sideways, weaving her way through the trees on a more direct route than the footpath was taking.

As Spectral watched the duel between his compatriot and the apparently-reluctant Number user, he sensed someone else appear nearby. Shrugging, he suddenly vanished from James's point of view, and then reappeared above the sneaky newcomer who didn't seem to want a confrontation (Jane). It was pretty obvious that she possessed an Xyz Monster, or to be more exact a Number, but for now he just continued watching her from above, flying not too high above her, though she probably won't notice since he made no sounds - no breathing, no air flaps.,,

Well, if this particular girl turned around, she would find a purple alien ghost staring at her with a crude smile, who wouldn't seem to have the slightest interest in dueling her...yet.

Jane stopped. She had the feeling someone was watching her. She listned, but although she couldn't hear anything, she'd come to learn that if she had a strange sense she was being watched then she probably was, in fact, being watched. She swung around sharply, to find that she was being shadowed by some purple...thing, floating above her with a smile she didn't quite like the look of. It looked familiar somehow, although she was certain she hadn't seen anything like this before. She instinctivily shifted to a defensive position, whilst trying to work out who the purple being was.

[i]Whatever it is,[/i][i] it seems dangerous even on top of being a purple flying potential stalker,[/i] she mused, [i]as if Ignis and it's friend wasn't more than enough for one generation.[/i]

"So, you going to sit up there all day, or are you going to come back to the level of normal people?" she asked, "Oh, almost forgot; 'Who are you?'"

[color=darkblue]"I'm just a spectral~ Who do you think I am?"[/color] Spectral replied cryptically, doing a barrel roll in midair as if just to demonstrate his ability of levitation. As he spun, his strange heterochromatic eyes examined her rapidly from head to toe. [color=darkblue]"You're a bit weird."[/color] He commented suddenly. [color=darkblue]"Sometimes you look tall, sometimes you look short, sometimes you look like a kid and sometimes you look like an adult...but judging by the size of your breasts, I would say you may be closer to an adult!"[/color] Then he leaned in disturbingly close, and looked right into her eyes, with total disregard for politeness.

[color=darkblue]"My guess is...you're twenty-eight years old!"[/color] He concluded, a strange grin forming on his face. [color=darkblue]"Yep. Definitely twenty-eight. I'm right, right, woman? Your eyes say so. All humans have this different way of keeping their eyes open, you know? But I'm the only one who ever notices~"[/color]

Suddenly, as if by fate, a somewhat large branch broke off from one of the trees. Maybe it had been struck by lightning the previous day, maybe weight had been building up on it for a while now, maybe termites had been chewing through it...but in any case, it fell, and hit him in the head. It made contact with his head like it would any normal human, but he didn't seem to notice it, he didn't seem to feel it at all...

Jane stared back into the eyes of this 'spectral' person. Someone who seemed to be made of the colour purple and who was floating in mid-air had some nerve calling her wierd. That she was...different...to most humans was indisputable, at least to her, but considering his basis for the statement seemed to be that he couldn't see her in a consistent time it was still probably his fault.

"Actually, spectral man, you're wrong. I'm not even 25. I'd actually be offended, if I actually cared in the slightest what you think. Then again, since you seem to think my appearance is changing maybe you're looking at my eyes in the future or something."

A branch dropped onto Spectral's head. Jane automatically stepped backwards to avoid it, but it bounced off in another direction. Spectral, however, failed to notice it entirely, but at this point, Jane wasn't all that surprised. However...

[i]Great. Now I'm interested in this...thing. Ignorance is bliss? Hah! Only if you're ignorant of your own ignorance.[/i]

"So, where do flying purple men come from then, mister spectral, and what do they want?"

[color=darkblue]"I've no idea where they came from. Never seen one myself. Maybe next time you should ask them yourself when you see them."[/color] Spectral replied cryptically (again). [color=darkblue]"And maybe you could ask yourself the same thing; where do pink foot-rooted figurines come from, woman, and what do they want with flying men?"[/color]

That said, he frowned a bit, though it was a playful frown if that made any sense. [color=darkblue]"I can't be wrong about your age."[/color] He stated. [color=darkblue]"If anything, you've probably cramped at least a few years' worth of other people's lives into your own. How the hell you did that, I haven't a clue, but you're definitely older than your...older-than-appearance-ness."[/color]

[i]He guessed at that?[/i] Jane wondered. Although he didn't seem to understand fully, what he suspected hit rather close to the truth for comfort. Still, she recovered quickly, keeping her face neutral and staring into the stranger's eyes.

"Well, that would be silly. Humans can't live each other's lives, and it sounds like you don't either, so unless you're suggesting I don't know my own age then you're clearly not as infallible as you think you are."

"As to your attempts to be mysterious and thought provoking: This planet is where humanity first appeared, many generations ago, and they've been living here ever since with no pretence to secrecy. Purple figures which speak only in riddles, however, are not considered native, which is why this pink grounded figure wants to know why the purple man following her-" she paused, and fished in her pocket for a small compact mirror. Opening it, she placed it beween her eyes and those of Spectral, showing him his reflection, "-is doing said action."

[color=darkblue]"I wasn't attempting to act myst-"[/color] he began, but was interrupted as the mirror was shown in front of him. He looked into his reflection, and at first frowned at the unfamiliarity of such a being, but then remembered what he himself was supposed to look like, and so decided that the person in the mirror was him. [color=darkblue]"...I'm not purple. But if you had been referring to me this whole time, then you should've said so in the first place!"[/color] He smiled again and floated a bit higher until he was above Jane. [color=darkblue]"I'm one of a kind, but F.Y.I, my two compatriots are a light blue. I'm the only exception, being some sort of impossible hybrid."[/color]

As if to demonstrate this, two crimson red wings sprouted out of his back, before melding back into it.

[color=darkblue]"I don't really understand much myself, but the world from whence I came is made up mostly of energy, not matter like your Earth."[/color] He explained. [color=darkblue]"And I'm following you cuz I have to. I'm afraid I'll have to kill you and exter...ni...mate...? your Number once our conversation is over. Otherwise, ya'know, tons of universes go kaboom and everything dies. Or so Sal says, anyway."[/color]

[quote name='Admiral_Stalfos19' timestamp='1351648862' post='6057685']
[color=#FF8C00]"Am I free to go?"[/color] [color=#000000]Maverick asked.[/color]

[color=#40E0D0]"Not yet,"[/color][color=#000000] the doctor answered, [/color][color=#40E0D0]"I've still gotta see if that arm's..."[/color]

"Um... Dr. Tsuriche?"[color=#000000] one of the nurses called over an intercom, [/color]"I've got three guys here that're looking to see James and Maverick. Should I send them in."

[color=#000000]Dr. Tsuriche was, no doubt, surprised by the sudden intercom announcement. Nonetheless, she paused, only to walk over to the intercom.[/color]

[color=#40E0D0]"Are they relatives?"[/color] [color=#000000]Dr. Tsuriche asked.[/color]

"Well, I highly doubt the elderly gentlemen are, to be frank,"[color=#000000] the nurse stated, [/color]"But the last one [i]might[/i] be."

[color=#000000]It was [i]then[/i] that Dr. Tsuriche figured that the three of them saw the news and just wanted to see if the two were alright. Still she knew how these co-incidences worked; first someone completely [i]foreign[/i] to a person would request to see him or her, and then he or she would have the [i]press[/i] to deal with.[/color]

[color=#40E0D0]"Send 'em in... [i]all[/i] of them,"[/color] [color=#000000]Dr. Tsuriche instructed after a brief sigh.[/color]
[/quote]

When the nurse said the three could visit the two duelists, Zack nodded as he quickly followed Bilas and Shadi. He still didn't understand why "37" lead him to this hospital to meet these two boys... Was it to meet the other ones with Numbers? Was it to figure something out about these Emperor guys? Or was it all of the above and possibly more? One thing was for sure...Zack had a lot on his mind.

[color=#0000CD][i]I wonder if these two duelists know of that guy with the Number 17 card...if they do I'll have to tell them what happened...and HOPE they're in a listening mood.[/i][/color] Zack thought, sighing a bit.

Sephora laughed hysterically at the man for no particular reason, but oh well, [color=#800080]Please Xyz monsters are just a way of turning bad cards into good cards, but whatever its not my concern. Now I summon Humunculus the Alchemic Being to the field. Now I attack with my Humunculus your little kitty, [/color]Sephora commanded, and her Humunculus charged as small beam of light in its hand, which it then threw at James' tiger. Now assuming James allowed all of this to happen Sephora would then continue her turn,[color=#800080] now I will set a single card face-down, and activate Pot of Duality, Sephora revealed the top three cards of her deck,[/color] which her Element Saurus, Chaos Sorcerer, and Element Magician. [color=#800080]I think I'll add my... well obviously my Chaos Sorcerer, so now its your turn heehee. [/color]As she said this she floated slightly off the ground, examining her hand knowing she would be up against a tough opponent.

[spoiler='Cardex']http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Homunculus_the_Alchemic_Being
http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Element_Saurus
http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Element_Magician
http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Chaos_Sorcerer[/spoiler]

"So it's you who's been attacking the duelists then?" Jane exclaimed, instantly shifting into a more combat-ready position, "and I suppose your friends are involved as well. In that case I'm afraid I can't let you just carry on. I suppose someone from some energy plane of reality wou;ldn't understand, but people's lives are too important to just end for..." she stopped, as the rest of what Spectral had said filtered into her conciousness.

"Wait a minute...what's this about universes exploading and everyone dying? No-one mentioned this before," She relaxed very slighty, almost inperceptably. [i]Which means you're at best incompetent or at worst outright murderous. Either way, even if there is something to what he just said, killing everyone with an Xyz is almost certainly the wrong way to deal with the problem.[/i]

[color=#000000]Maverick looked at the window, only to briefly see Sunnel being summoned in the park. Seeing it out there seemed not only to remind him of Ignis, but also to allow him to remember tracking down Salaginto in the first place. That was the point in which he had a name.[/color]

[color=#FF8C00]"Salaginto..."[/color][color=#000000] Maverick muttered, before turning to Dr. Tsuriche, [/color][color=#ff8c00]"That guy we were dueling on the news; his name's Salaginto apparently."[/color]

[color=#40E0D0]"Is he out there right now?"[/color][color=#000000] Dr. Tsuriche asked.[/color]

[color=#ff8c00]"No, that must be one of his goons,"[/color][color=#000000] Maverick answered.[/color]

[color=#000000]It was about this time that the nurse had guided the three persons into James' room. James was still far from the ideal condition to get information from, but at least the three could still try their hand at getting what they need to know from Maverick... which he assumed was why they were here. But first...[/color]

[color=#ff8c00]"Who are you people?"[/color][color=#000000] asked Maverick, before identifying Neo's Duel Disk right off the bat, only snap at the person who had it equipped (Zack), [/color][color=#ff8c00]"And [i]how[/i] the hell did you get that Duel Disk?! That's supposed to be a [i]friend[/i] of mine's!"[/color]

[color=#000000]...[/color]

[color=#000000]Aivea stared blankly at this military commander. As always, the pupil of her left eye shrunk drastically the second she locked eyes with him, which in turn meant that she could absorb a memory from this guy at any second now and he'd be the [i]least[/i] bit aware of this. That was especially true considering Aivea wasn't of the type to randomly blurt out any memory she absorbed, which would only give the victim a chance to put two and two together.[/color]

[color=#800080]"I only know of the latter, and not very well either,"[/color][color=#000000] Aivea stated, [/color][color=#800080]"Now do you mind telling me why you're here, exactly?"[/color]

Bailas was about to introduce himself in a very polite manner when he couldn't help but get off when Maverick started yelling at Mr. Holmes. He turned to Shadi just verify that this was actually happening and Shadi simply shrugged at the event. Bailas had a habit of tuning out rambunctious youth so when Maverick got loud Bailas removed himself from the conversation letting Zack have the floor. Not only that but it was also a good chance to get some insider information on the origin stories of this boy Maverick. He clearly has some connection with Zack though Zack didn't seem to know it but nonetheless it was something that was clearly urgent. Bailas and Shadi slowly crept to the side of the room surely they would still be noticed but they thought it would be best to let the young lads have their space.

"Well that escalated quickly." Bailas said initiating his conversation with Shadi. "I know, who would have thought that you would get wrapped up in some drama so early on?" Shadi replied. "Though the only reason you are here is for some high class drama. So in the face of murder and the like this shouldn't be that hard for you all things considered." "You are very wise there my newest friend." They both sat back and watched the young lads interact.

The man bowed a bit to the young woman. [color=#808000]"My apologies. I haven't properly introduced myself. You can call me Foster. I am a...you could say a colleague of Chris and Atsuko. We work for the same group, an organization that calls itself 'Neighborhood Watch', though we have different superiors. Mister Cortez and Miss Fudo work underneath one of our senior operatives on a special assignment regarding the research and collection of Numbers. I, on the other hand, am involved in more covert affairs. All I can tell you right now is that me and the team I command were sent here to find a very valuable asset to our cause. We have taken heavy casualties, so much that I am forced to continue on my own, with limited support."[/color] He extended a hand to her. [color=#808000]"I simply wish to acquire your assistance in the completion of my mission."[/color]

The creator of the faint whirring that had been following the trio zipped through an open gap and slipped underneath the bedskirts of James' bed without (hopefully) anyone noticing. The near-invisible object settled down as parts of itself became visible again, the special Solid Vision projector the robot possessed powering down to cool down from being used. The owner of the stealth projector was a six-wheeled robotic drone with a white and silver chassis that had a spherical device resembling an eye at one end, complete with a blue glowing area with smaller red glowing dots along the rims that accounted for the drone's sensor suite, and a rectangular section in the rear that contained the drone's communications array, its crystal-based CPU to handle its primitive, barely-sapient AI, and its fuel cell-powered engines. In the center between the two was a folded-up robotic arm resting within its chassis, as well as a tool chuck and the aforementioned stealth projector. The little robot extended one of its sensors on a short eye stalk to use a thermal imaging scanner in order to track the movements of the people within the room through the bedskirt. Hopefully, as long as one of the occupants of the room did not lift the bedskirt to discover the reconnaissance drone underneath the bed, the drone would be able to monitor its target.

[color=darkblue]"You didn't know? Xyz monsters are made up of antimatter. And do you know what happens when matter and antimatter make contact?"[/color] Spectral began explaining, ominously. [color=darkblue]"They explode. Come on, these things rained from the skies, they came out of the other end of a black hole, does that not suggest to you guys ANYTHING about them being dangerous in any way whatsoever?"[/color]

That said, he laughed maniacally.

[color=darkblue]"But yeah, I suppose I've been attacking the duelists. Not all of them, mind you, only about a third."[/color] He continued. [color=darkblue]"And besides, if the Xyz users don't go, then everything goes!"[/color]

Despite saying that, he didn't really seem to care- no, he DID care, but he simply didn't mind. He wasn't afraid.

[color=darkblue]"I don't see what's the problem, why you humans all panic about. You amount to over a billion, what's the absence of just around two hundred of you going to change about that?"[/color] He grinned. [color=darkblue]"To be honest, I can't understand anyone! I'm something unique, it's like fusing two elements that are incapable of combining, Astral and Barian."[/color]

A Duel Disk began to materialize on his left arm, a crimson-navy blend with a highly futuristic appearance.

[color=darkblue]"You know, you're the smallest-breasted woman I've faced since I first came to this world."[/color] He commented randomly. [color=darkblue]"I think that signifies something, so I'm gonna make sure to minimize the damage to your body. Oh, by the way, have you mated yet?"[/color]

Despite those strange things he just said, five cards materialized into his hand. It was time to duel.

James slightly flinched at the damage when his monster was killed, but maintained his neutral expression the rest of the time. [color=#0000CD]"My turn then, draw. Trap activate, Call of the Haunted returns my Photon Sabre Tiger to the field in attack mode, then I'll normal summon the second, who's effect allows me to add a third to my hand. Also, since I now have more than one of them on teh field, they regain their original attacks. The Sabre Tiger with the call of the haunted attacks your monster, then the other one attacks directly."[/color] James watched as his now pair of energy tigers attacked in synch, before returning to his field. Assuming his opponent had made no response to this, James continued, [color=#0000CD]"During my main phase two I'll send both Sabre Tigers, who each have at least 2000 ATK, to the grave to special summon this one, Galaxy-Eyes Photon Dragon. Turn End."[/color] Releasing the two energy tigers on his field, the mighty dragon emerged, giving a loud roar to announce his arrival.

LP: 3400
Hand: 4 cards
Field: Galaxy-Eyes Photon Dragon (3000 ATK), Call of the Haunted (now useless), one set card.

[color=#000000]Meanwhile, as Sephora and Spectral were dueling a completely different human each, Salaginto was watching over both of them on the roof of an apartment complex. However, he immediately shifted his gaze towards the hospital, staring straight into the window of James' room. No-one from that room could see him from the distance, but within that room, Salaginto could see everything... [i]including[/i] James and Maverick. He pondered; was it worth a shot to take them down right now while they were recovering? Would anyone try to stop him? [i]Could[/i] they stop him? And how many more could he end up killing in the process, duelists or otherwise?[/color]

[color=#000000]Salaginto [i]certainly[/i] entertained the thought of co-ordinating the hospital's destruction right now with Ignis. After all, he was already exposed as a threat to this planet, so he didn't need to worry about how stealthily he need to approach it to pull it off. But he figured he should at least pan out how exactly this was to [i]work[/i].[/color]

[color=#000000]...[/color]

[color=#000000]Aivea batted her eyes as the man named Foster spoke on, stating that he worked for some organization known as the Neighborhood Watch or something. This wasn't from confusion at what he was saying, although it could very easily be mistaking as such, but more from a "recoil" of such for recalling the memory that she just absorbed from the guy. She'd broken eye contact with him as she sunk her head down low, glowering at herself for bringing it up in her head in the first place.[/color]

[color=#800080][i]'[b]Stupid[/b] eye,'[/i][/color][color=#000000] Aivea thought to herself, [/color][color=#800080][i]'Could've at least given me more than a full name. So... I'm talking to Commander Cincinnatus Foster, huh? Hmph, I can see why he just wanted me to go by his surname now... that [b]given[/b][/i][/color][color=#800080][i] name of his just sounds stupid.'[/i][/color]

[color=#000000]With that, Aivea lifted her head again and returned eye contact with Foster.[/color]

[color=#800080]"What's in it for me?"[/color][color=#000000] she asked.[/color]

[quote name='Admiral_Stalfos19' timestamp='1351731067' post='6058386']
[color=#000000]Maverick looked at the window, only to briefly see Sunnel being summoned in the park. Seeing it out there seemed not only to remind him of Ignis, but also to allow him to remember tracking down Salaginto in the first place. That was the point in which he had a name.[/color]

[color=#FF8C00]"Salaginto..."[/color][color=#000000] Maverick muttered, before turning to Dr. Tsuriche, [/color][color=#FF8C00]"That guy we were dueling on the news; his name's Salaginto apparently."[/color]

[color=#40E0D0]"Is he out there right now?"[/color][color=#000000] Dr. Tsuriche asked.[/color]

[color=#FF8C00]"No, that must be one of his goons,"[/color][color=#000000] Maverick answered.[/color]

[color=#000000]It was about this time that the nurse had guided the three persons into James' room. James was still far from the ideal condition to get information from, but at least the three could still try their hand at getting what they need to know from Maverick... which he assumed was why they were here. But first...[/color]

[color=#FF8C00]"Who are you people?"[/color][color=#000000] asked Maverick, before identifying Neo's Duel Disk right off the bat, only snap at the person who had it equipped (Zack), [/color][color=#FF8C00]"And [i]how[/i] the hell did you get that Duel Disk?! That's supposed to be a [i]friend[/i] of mine's!"[/color]
[/quote]

[color=#0000CD][i]An old friend of his? Crap...I didn't expect him and that duelist to be close. [/i][/color]Zack thought as he gulped a bit. But he quickly shook the fear off, and began to explain to Maverick what happened.

[color=#0000CD]"First off, I'm Zack Holmes...it is nice to meet you. As for how I obtained the duel disk, it was given to me..." [/color]Zack paused. [color=#0000CD]"About the same time you were dueling that Emperor dude, I think, I ran into that duelist who was up against a Numbers Hunter. As far as I could tell, he was winning...but he still lost. A building fell near them and the duelist pushed the Hunter out of the way...only to have her leave him for dead after taking Number 17. I-I honestly tried to save him, please believe me when I say that...but he stopped me and told me just to continue on the fight, right before he handed me his duel disk."[/color]

With his explanation complete, he slipped a card out of his deck box: Number 37. He looked at it and looked back at Maverick. [color=#0000CD]"After that, I was given Number 37 - Flame Hero...and it lead me here."[/color]

Foster calmly replied as he opened the D-Pad on his left arm and checked some things on the small wrist-computer as he talked with her. [color=#808000]"Well, I can't exactly promise anything, but there might be something heading your way. At the very least, we will owe you a reasonable favor. I assisted in the rescue of a key member of Neighborhood Watch, and she was the one that offered me this commission. I could possibly suggest to my superiors that you join our ranks. We have noncombatant roles in our organization, and we can probably find something suited to your specific skill set." [/color]He then inquired. [color=#808000]"Did you have anything particular in mind?"[/color]

"There may be many things wrong with trading cards coming from space, but what it doesn't suggest is that they're actually capable of destroying all of existance. They're still trading cards." Jane's duel disk opened out, and she calmly placed a d-gazer over her eye. [i]OK, I'd never actually thought they'd all come from space. Maybe the numbers, but it seemed more like a marketing ploy than something that could happen.[/i]

"Living things are not just statistics. Denying the few for the sake of the many is logical, but it's not morality. Killing people because you want to get rid of some trading cards is evil, regardless of how bad the cards might be. What do they teach you in spiritland?"

She paused, as she drew her opening hand. [i]Don't respond, [/i]she told herself, as the ghostly man began probing into her personal life, [i]ignore the crazy thing and play the card game.[/i] She pushed the thoughts out of her mind before the embarrasement could show, and looked to her cards.

"Since you want to put my life on the line," she continued, "I'll move first. I'll set one monster, and one more card. That'll do for now. Your move, Spectrum."

LP: 4000
Hand: 4
Monster: 1 F/D
S/T: 1 F/D
Grave: 0

[color=darkblue]"Spectrum's a nice name, but too bad I'm not made of rainbows."[/color] Spectral remarked, sighing. He didn't seem to have noticed her not answering his question, so maybe he had already forgotten about it. Then, as his opponent ended her turn, he drew his own card. [color=darkblue]"Go go go, my continuous spell card, I activate [b]Toon Realm![/b]"[/color]

He took a card from his hand and slammed it with unnecessary force onto his Duel Disk (H5). Then, Jane's surroundings began to change, the trees, the ground, the clouds in the sky, they were all cartoonified, complete with thin black outlines. The only things unaffected were Spectral, Jane, and their cards. As this happened, Spectral's Life Points dropped by half (Spectral LP: 2000).

[spoiler=Toon Realm]
Spell/Continuous

You must [url="http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Pay"]pay[/url] half your [url="http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Life_Points"]Life Points[/url] to [url="http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Activate"]activate[/url] this card. This card's [url="http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Maximum_of_3_Rule"]name is always treated[/url] as "[url="http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Toon_World"]Toon World[/url]". All Toon Monsters in your hand are treated as Level 2. When a Toon monster is summoned, by paying 1000 Life Points, it can declare an attack this turn. During battles involving Toon monsters, all [url="http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Battle_Damage"]Battle Damage[/url] you take becomes Life Points instead.
[/spoiler]

[color=darkblue]"Now, let judgment begin!"[/color] The spectral being continued. [color=darkblue]"This card allows me to treat all Toon monsters in my hand as Level 2s, so I've no need to bother with tributes...! Come on out, [i][url=http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Toon_Masked_Sorcerer]Toon Masked Sorcerer[/url] and [url=http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Blue-Eyes_Toon_Dragon][b]Blue-Eyes Toon Dragon!!!![/i][/b][/url]"[/color]

Then, on the field appeared two cartoony characters (H3). The first was just some random clown thing (ATK 900), but the second...the second was a very, very, VERY notable monster. In fact, one of the most famous monsters in the whole card game. It had blue eyes, silvery-white skin, was a bit small and funny, but at the same time nothing to laugh at (ATK 3000).

[color=darkblue]"Now to activate Toon Realm's next effect. When a Toon monster is summoned, by paying 1000 Life Points, I can have it attack the turn it's summoned. And also, Toon monsters can attack you directly, apparently. So."[/color]

Spectral's Life Points dropped down further (Spectral LP: 1000). [color=darkblue]"Go, Blue-Eyes Toon Dragon! Incinerate her!"[/color] He commanded, and as he did, his life points dropped even further as they paid the cost for a single attack (LP: 500). His monster lunged forth, and if it connected, a hell load of damage would be inflicted, decreasing her own LP to a mere 1000.

[b]((if no response)[/b]

[color=darkblue]"Then I'll throw down two facedowns and end my turn!"[/color] He concluded (H1). But then as Jane began her turn- [color=darkblue]"Now, I activate the trap card Solemn Wishes, allowing me to gain 500 Life Points whenever I draw a card!"[/color]

LP: 500
Hand: 1
Monster: Toon Masked Sorcerer (ATK 900), BETD (ATK 3000)
S/T: Toon Realm, 2 set

Archived