Jinzo Support!

razzy

Jinzo (in my eyes) has always been somewhat of a fan favorite. And I'm excited that it's getting new support in the upcoming set. But to me that's just not enough!

[spoiler=Jinzo - Fool]

tEVMFw4.jpg

This card's name becomes "Jinzo" while face-up on the field or in the Graveyard. Can attack your opponent directly. During either player's turn, when your opponent activates Trap card is (except during the damage step), and you have a DARK Machine-Type monster (except this card) in your Graveyard: You can banish this card from hand or Graveyard, then target 1 DARK Machine-Type monster in your graveyard; negate that effect, then you can add that target to your hand.

---

There's a Level 2-4 Jinzo, so why not a Lv 1?! Kind of like a Rose Archer for a Jinzo deck. Also works to recover a Jinzo that may find its way to the Graveyard. I kind of feel like it may be too much power for one monster to negate a card and recover a monster. But I can't really tell, so please let me know! At first look it does look crazy, but then again it is kind of specific, meaning first a Trap Card needs to be activated (not during the damage step, and not an already face-up one), and you need to already have the monster in the Graveyard.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Jinzo - Semiperfect]

1hfV59C.jpg

This card's name becomes "Jinzo" while face-up on the field or in the Graveyard. Trap Cards cannot be activated. Once per turn you can target 1 Trap Card in your opponent's Graveyard or face-up on their side of the field, and 1 other DARK Machine-Type monster you control; banish the first target, and if you do, this card's Level becomes equal to the second target's Level until the end of the turn. 

---

Following the theme, with a Level 5 Jinzo. This represents Jinzo on his way to becoming "perfect", its almost there... Although it doesn't negate already face-up Trap Cards, what it can do, may be arguably better, by banishing one that is already face-up! But with a cost, of needing another DARK Machine-Type monster on field yourself. Along with a little foreshadowing...

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Jinzo - Complete]

muVdmxv.jpg

This card's name becomes "Jinzo" while face-up on the field or in the Graveyard. Cannot be Normal Summoned/Set. Must first be Special Summoned (from your hand) by banish and/or shuffling into the Main Deck 5 "Jinzo" monsters in your graveyard and/or you control. Set Spell/Trap Cards cannot be activated. Negate the effect of all Trap Cards. 

---

Let's face it, nobody and I mean NOBODY uses Lord. Although this version requires a lot more Jinzo monsters, it (at least in my opinion) has a much better effect. And it also gives you a choice on how to summon it! How many cards do that? You can either banish or shuffle into your Deck the other Jinzo monsters. Now why wouldn't you want to shuffle all of them back into your Deck, you may be asking yourself this. I done it this way to allow the player more freewill and options with what they want to be drawing. A lot of player's may consider the smaller Jinzo monsters "dead draws" by mid/late game and want to banish them instead. Maybe should turn it into a "Can only be Special Summoned by" instead?

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Psychic Shockwave Reconstruction]

rh1QS64.jpg

Activate 1 of the following effect. You can only activate 1 "Psychic Shockwave Reconstruction" per turn.
*If you control no monsters: Special Summon 1 Level 6 DARK Machine-Type monster from your Graveyard.
*If you control a exactly 1 Level 6 DARK Machine-Type monster (and no other monsters), and your opponent controls 1 or more monsters: Special Summon up to 2 Level 6 or lower DARK Machine-Type monster(s) from your hand, Deck, and/or Graveyard. (If you summon 2 monsters, they must have the same original name and Level.)
---
Jinzo gets its own semi-CotH but that's not all, as you could probably tell I like my cards to have utility so I've always equipped on this one with its own ...well I'm not sure what to compare that second effect to. But you get the idea! The name comes from the Trap that summons Jinzo from Deck. I don't know about you, but I like the fact they never mention Jinzo by name on the original Trap (Psychic Shockwave) kind of gives him a more ominous feel. That it should have!
[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Jinzo - Wall of Text!]
0DPvbxg.jpg

2 Level 6 monsters
Trap Cards, and their effects, cannot be activated. Negate all Trap Card effects. Once per turn, during your End Phase: You can Excavate the top card of your opponent's Deck, and if it's a Trap Card, Set it to your opponent's Spell/Trap Card zone, otherwise or if there is not enough room for the card to be Set, your opponent places the card on the top or bottom on the Deck. While this card has a DARK Machine-Type monster attached to it as Xyz material, it gains the following effect:
* Once per turn, during either player's turn: You can detach 1 Xyz material from this card, then look at all Set Spell/Trap Cards your opponent controls (if any); banish all Trap Cards your opponent controls (even face-down Trap Cards), then you can send cards from the field to the Graveyard up to the number of Trap Cards banished by this effect, and if you do that, this card gains 200 ATK/DEF for each card sent.
---
The final card (for now at least :D). I personally never really liked Jinzoish Xyz/Synchro monsters. Not sure why, but I've seen other people's and just never really cared for them, not that they were bad in anyway. I kind of had this idea and thought the only way to really make it work was as a Xyz. It not only gives Rank 6 decks their own Jinzo to work with, but also negates Graveyard Trap effects, like Breakthrough Skill and Artifact Sanctum 2nd effects. On top of that it can give your opponent a useless card, and take up one their Spell/Trap Card zones. That is if you're willing to take a little gamble. And there's even more! If it has a DARK Machine-Type monster (aka mostly Jinzo) it gets an almost Cxyz effect!
[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Review/Question]

I had fun making this (tiny) set of cards. Even though I finished them quickly, I had the ideas in my head for a little while now. As usually I appreciate any feedback! If not, thanks anyway for taking time to look.

One thing I'm questioning is mainly dealing with the "Jinzo" name. As I mentioned I like how Psychic Shockwave keeps Jinzo's identity kind of a secret by only referring to it as a "Level 6 DARK Machine-Type monster", and not by name. Not only that but it also provides some little support to random stuff in the Dark/Machine world. But as much as I liked that about the card it was somewhat of a pain to work around and maintain. So my question is, which way do you prefer? 

[/spoiler]

Archived