New "solemn" trap card !

I made it a "solemn" card but it might not fit into the archetypes so much. The name and art of the card are just placeholders anyway so you have something to look at. I want you to focus on the effect, I think it has some potential.

SolemnGamble.thumb.png.fbee8c6db0e377b7ea08530fab4a9adb.png

This card was a MESS to write, so I hope it's readable.

So, basically you target a monster to (possibly) equip that card to it, then you chose 1 trap card from your deck that you show to your opp. You shuffle together these 2 cards, and your opponent chose one of them randomly. You're not showing neither the card you're setting, neither the card you're banishing to your opp, but you can see it. Making it that your opponent don't know if the monster you've targeted is protected by Solemn Gamble, or if you have set the other trap card you selected (but you know).

So this card is basically a omni-protect for a monster, and a searcher for other trap cards. But it's balanced by the fact that you can't chose which effect will trigger, and also by the hard once per turn on each effect, and by the fact that the card destroys itself when you have negated 1 effect. The card itself is also unprotected, and its first effect can be negated by ash.

Yet it still could be very interesting since you can search for your infinite permanence, or other powerful trap cards like Skill Drain or There Can Be Only One. Though, in the last case it can also be dangerous since you have 1/2 chance to have that said card banished face-down, and since they're limited to one it means you can't have access to it for the rest of the duel. That's why i thought about adding another effect, where after destroying itself when negating an effect, it would also allow you to shuffle back one of your banished trap cards to your deck. But idk if that would have been too much, so I didn't put it on the card.

Lmk what you think about that last thing, and about the card in general. Hope you like it.

Edited by not naze

• not naze changed the title to New "solemn" trap card !